*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Ayr Utd match-day thread***

Scott980612

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Seriously do you think players of our standard playing against teams like Ayr should be waiting 70 minutes plus to score? If we can't break down teams and score in this league how will we manage next season. It's no point saying we will have better players as it will take a while for new players to fit in and we don't have that luxury. 

He asked what is an acceptable time frame to score? 

You said 30 seconds! 

What if we scored after 30 seconds and won 1-0, is that more acceptable than scoring later on and winning 2-0 in your book? 

Or maybe if we scored earlier but drew, is that OK?😀

What a ****ing pointless debate, a game is 90 minutes, doesn't matter when you score Ffs. 

Talk about straw clutching. 

:seething: that we never scored earlier, despite winning 2-0.

Thats a ****ing topper. 

You should put yourself on ignore, absolute slavers and snotters, all because we never scored earlier. 

Put the glue down. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• sadj

• GinRummy

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, davemclaren said:

Which is why I asked how many minutes would be acceptable to you before we first scored? The players weren’t waiting 70 minutes to score, they tried to but failed prior to that. They scored twice in the regulation 90 minutes and didn’t concede. 

I would seriously expect players of our standard and remuneration to be scoring at least one in the first half and possibly two or three second half in this league. We don't have a devine right to win every game BUT we should be showing the quality to be able to win most games in this league. Losing the odd game or goal is down to many factors but we have a team full of international quality players playing against jumped up pub teams and as a professional player they should have more pride in what they do. Some of the passing yesterday was no better than kids in the park.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another one that is

:seething:

We won 2-0 and are now 8 unbeaten. 

The amount of "Hearts" fans that are angry after another win as we extend our lead and cement our instant promotion is beyond belief. 

I now honesty believe there are folk hoping we get beat just so they can push and champion their anti Robbie agenda. 

Hearts winning brings them no joy. None. 

Change the record Tosh ffs! 😏

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Ah got you now Tosh - you played at a “shit” level which makes you the top JKB football expert on here - that figures! 😂

I was fast and ran about a lot! 

I'm not so fast now, and I don't run about as much. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

Mine’s is a top 10 record! 👍

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Read my post again, it makes no difference whether I played 1 or 100 games, but read it again. 

I did. If I’m right you were trying to make a point about possession football and how it should tire the opposition and eventually open up space for better players to exploit?

Just don’t get why you’ve asked a poster if he’s ever played football before then followed that up by stating you’ve never really played football before. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Jimw44 said:

We did break them down several times.  A mixture of good goalkeeping,  bad finishing and bad luck  kept it at 0 0 for so long.  We were far from brilliant  but we won comfortably.  

Indeed, we missed 4/5 good chances. Our crossing and finishing has been a problem all season and needs rectified in training, it won’t magically fix it itself. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I did. If I’m right you were trying to make a point about possession football and how it should tire the opposition and eventually open up space for better players to exploit?

Just don’t get why you’ve asked a poster if he’s ever played football before then followed that up by stating you’ve never really played football before. 

Yip. 

My point was that my original point is relevent to all levels of football. 

School, 5 a sides, junior, senior, championship, international, ucl. 

If a person has played football, at all they'd know that, they would not need it explained. 

In fact, if they watched football they should realise that. 

If not, then they wouldn't understand my point that you  understood.

Takeshi kovac
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A much needed win and much welcomed, however we can't go through the rest of the season and next, playing such dire football. Slow, pedestrian, predictable football with too many miss placed passes and poor decisions. We need to move the ball quicker and get the strikers and mids up the park quicker. Having to wait until 70plus minutes for a goal against the might Ayr is totally unacceptable for players of their standard and remuneration.

Agree with most of your post here apart from having to wait 70 minutes. 

We are pedestrian going forward and we do need to up the tempo BUT when teams park the bus we  need to be patient . Not easy when they sit in the 18 yard line with 10 men behind the ball.

With the walker conundrum I think an impact sub is how we are going to get the best from him this season.  He has looked great against tiring defences. Can't remember him affecting a game as much from the start 

Edited by Takeshi kovac

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have you ever played football at any level above 15year old?

It's common for managers to say keep the ball, make them work , if we don't score early , they'll tire and we'll score eventually.

I've played at a shit level , 1 game at junior I was 2-1 after 75 minutes but after 90 ended up 7-1, because of fitness and subs.

I've also been on a side that was 0-0 , but then won 5-0 or so later on, it's quite common and relative.

Do you not think our tatcics are to dominate the ball, make them work, make them defend and eventually we will score, and if we score early we will fill out boots.

65 minutes of breaking down a side that was defensive. folk are ****ing clueless tbh.

The last 35 minutes was partly because of the first 55 minutes in wearing them down. 

FFS, it's so obvious. It might not always work but it's so obvious I feel embarrassed for the folk screaming at HT.

If you played at a shit level you must have been good enough to get a trial for a junior team? That would mean you were better than the shit level. What junior team did you play one game for and who was the shit level team. 

just curious as your story doesn’t stack up. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

My point was that my original point is relevent to all levels of football. 

School, 5 a sides, junior, senior, championship, international, ucl. 

If a person has played football, at all they'd know that, they would not need it explained. 

In fact, if they watched football they should realise that. 

If not, then they wouldn't understand my point that you  understood.

Fair enough 👍.

I think the game yesterday is a perfect example of what Robbie and the team are up against this season. Over the years there has been hundreds of games like yesterday that could be described as ‘hard earned’ or ‘job done’. All of us would be absolutely content with it. We would’ve had our day out at Tynie, had a bet and a few pints and have our Saturday night to look forward to. As I’ve said before it’s different now though. The 90 mins watching a screen is the highlight of most of our weeks. Everyone demands to win AND be entertained. Which ain’t going to happen and the teams and individual performances get magnified. I’m guilty of it too. 

The possession game is fine with me and it’ll work better next season. Trouble is when it doesn’t work and we drop points. Almost every time we have dropped points this season we have wasted a large amount of the game with pointless possession and end up chasing the game with 15 to go. If we went for that first goal then managed the game with possession, I think most would accept it better. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

If you played at a shit level you must have been good enough to get a trial for a junior team? That would mean you were better than the shit level. What junior team did you play one game for and who was the shit level team. 

just curious as your story doesn’t stack up. 

I have no interest in telling you about my personal life-  curious or not. My point  regarding possession football and tiring defences/ teams stands tho. 

It's a theme through every level of football

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Agree with most of your post here apart from having to wait 70 minutes. 

We are pedestrian going forward and we do need to up the tempo BUT when teams park the bus we  need to be patient . Not easy when they sit in the 18 yard line with 10 men behind the ball.

With the walker conundrum I think an impact sub is how we are going to get the best from him this season.  He has looked great against tiring defences. Can't remember him affecting a game as much from the start 

No problem with being patient but early on some of the passing was dire, build up was pedestrian to be kind, and Robbie himself says crosses were poor and even when we do get crosses in there are never enough in the box trying to connect.

Mid field and strikers should be busting a gut trying to get into the box when a winger has the ball.

Many think because we can see and point out the frailties that we are not happy with the win. We are, we just want to see the players show the quality they have.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I have no interest in telling you about my personal life-  curious or not. My point  regarding possession football and tiring defences/ teams stands tho. 

It's a theme through every level of football

So your fairy story about one game for a junior team is just that. A fairy story. 😄

Bazzas right boot
Just now, DS98 said:

Fair enough 👍.

I think the game yesterday is a perfect example of what Robbie and the team are up against this season. Over the years there has been hundreds of games like yesterday that could be described as ‘hard earned’ or ‘job done’. All of us would be absolutely content with it. We would’ve had our day out at Tynie, had a bet and a few pints and have our Saturday night to look forward to. As I’ve said before it’s different now though. The 90 mins watching a screen is the highlight of most of our weeks. Everyone demands to win AND be entertained. Which ain’t going to happen and the teams and individual performances get magnified. I’m guilty of it too. 

The possession game is fine with me and it’ll work better next season. Trouble is when it doesn’t work and we drop points. Almost every time we have dropped points this season we have wasted a large amount of the game with pointless possession and end up chasing the game with 15 to go. If we went for that first goal then managed the game with possession, I think most would accept it better. 

100%, regarding the match day experience. 

Also Agree that we need a plan b when it doesn't work, sometimes a bit slow to "mix it up". 

I also agree that it will work better next season, v better teams you want to keep hold of the ball more, in this league you can afford to give them possession a bit more, so going direct is less risk. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rudolf said:

So your fairy story about one game for a junior team is just that. A fairy story. 😄

No I played more than 1 game, but I remember the 1 game that I highlighted. 

Maybe I typed it wrong. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Fair enough 👍.

True. Keeping possession when winning is one of the things good teams do, they manage the clock and deny the opposition the chance to build momentum. Keeping possession and passing around the defense only allows teams to nip in an win the ball leading to a mad scramble to stop them scoring, not always successfully.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

True. Keeping possession when winning is one of the things good teams do, they manage the clock and deny the opposition the chance to build momentum. Keeping possession and passing around the defense only allows teams to nip in an win the ball leading to a mad scramble to stop them scoring, not always successfully.

Indeed, you only go back if there’s no option available forward. If you look at the top teams they don’t pass it about the CHs as we do, it goes back and out the other side to stretch teams, not between the defenders and back to the same side. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Seriously do you think players of our standard playing against teams like Ayr should be waiting 70 minutes plus to score? If we can't break down teams and score in this league how will we manage next season. It's no point saying we will have better players as it will take a while for new players to fit in and we don't have that luxury. 

I'll make a prediction for you.

From now to the end of next season if we win every game 1-0 with a 90th minute goal per game

we will

- still get 3 points per game whether it's 1-0 or 10-0

- win the Championship

- win the Scottish cup at least once

- win the League cup

- win the top league

- qualify for the Champions league

all Covid permitting of course and assuming Lawwell and Doncaster don't change the rules again.

I would definitely like to see us playing better football but our main objective this season is to accumulate as many points as we can (which we are doing) even if that means winning ugly. That's what successful teams do; they win even when playing poorly. 

Ex member of the SaS
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

From now to the end of next season if we win every game 1-0 with a 90th minute goal per game

we will

- win the Championship

- win the League cup

- win the top league

all Covid permitting of course and assuming Lawwell and Doncaster don't change the rules again.

I would definitely like to see us playing better football but our main objective this season is to accumulate as many points as we can (which we are doing) even if that means winning ugly. That's what successful teams do; they win even when playing poorly. 

You should put money on the lottery with such foresight. No one is disputing a win, every PHM would take a win over performance and your points have all been covered earlier in the thread. Where the happy clappers and the rest of us differ is we want to be entertained ( while winning ) You don't pay good money to go watch a shit play in a theatre or a crappy film in the cinema so why do football fans put up with crap displays on the park? I won't celebrate a good display and a loss ( like Hibs fans do with their flair comments ) BUT I do want players who are supposed to be quality ,at least show it now and again. In this league we SHOULD be showing our quality, but there are too many poor passes or bad decisions, these guys have done nothing else their whole lives bar kick a football and should be able to trap an incoming pass rather than it bouncing a yard or two way from them. These players should be able to see an opportunity to break into space and receive a pass or have the ability to see such movement and make the pass. I have stated before would you employ a joiner who couldn't use a saw or a builder that couldn't lay bricks? Why then are fan happy with players that can't pass or shoot.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

we will

- win the Championship

- win the League cup

- win the top league

10 nil is shite tho  if we score the goals in the second half only. 

Tommy Brown
25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You should put money on the lottery with such foresight. No one is disputing a win, every PHM would take a win over performance and your points have all been covered earlier in the thread. Where the happy clappers and the rest of us differ is we want to be entertained ( while winning ) You don't pay good money to go watch a shit play in a theatre or a crappy film in the cinema so why do football fans put up with crap displays on the park? I won't celebrate a good display and a loss ( like Hibs fans do with their flair comments ) BUT I do want players who are supposed to be quality ,at least show it now and again. In this league we SHOULD be showing our quality, but there are too many poor passes or bad decisions, these guys have done nothing else their whole lives bar kick a football and should be able to trap an incoming pass rather than it bouncing a yard or two way from them. These players should be able to see an opportunity to break into space and receive a pass or have the ability to see such movement and make the pass. I have stated before would you employ a joiner who couldn't use a saw or a builder that couldn't lay bricks? Why then are fan happy with players that can't pass or shoot.

👍

Tommy Brown
52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

we will

- win the Championship

- win the League cup

- win the top league

I have no problem with winning ugly.

We have hardly won a game by otherwise this season, that becomes a big problem.

18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You obviously think you are superior to other Hearts fans.  What an absolutely offensive statement to other of our fans to hold the belief that only you and other pantwetters want to be entertained!  We all want to be entertained and win at the same time and every supporter of every team in the land wants their players to have the control you crave in Hearts players.  However we are where we are with the quaity of player we have and can afford.  Also there are 2 teams on the pitch who can contribute to a spectacle and like we saw yesterday the visitors came to strangle the match.

Your analogy with with cinemas and the theatre BTW is about as naff as your views of your fellow supporters as the actors perform to a script, can iron out snags in rehearsals beforehand and once that is done they don't have opposition to upset their performance

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What a pile of piss. 

Comparing a sporting competition to the cinema and theatre 😂😂

You do know that in a football match there is another team? You seem completely oblivous to that. 

If you're not happy, don't watch us, don't go to the games and watch another form of entertainment.

Our players can pass and shoot. They have us top. 

Joiner, builder... :wtfvlad:

26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I have no problem with winning ugly.

We have hardly won a game by otherwise this season, that becomes a big problem.

You don't think the fact that nearly every team we meet plays with a flat back 10?

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You don't think the fact that nearly every team we meet plays with a flat back 10?

Totally understand that. Yesterday  they had every player in their own 30.

The inability to the basics at times, poor control and poor passing all too often.

8 hours ago, henryheart said:

You are assuming that the team that gets relegated is worse than Hearts currently is, and that will not necessarily be be the case. I appreciate that there are many experts on here who will know a lot more about football than I do, but the reason we were relegated last season is because we were getting picked off by teams like Hamilton that sat deep, allowed us possession then took advantage of our mistakes. Teams in the Premier League are set up much more defensively and are much more risk averse than they were even 3 or 4 years ago; overall they are stronger. It will be one of these very same teams that will be taking advantage of mistakes in the Championship next season. The main reason we are so far ahead this season is not because we are a better team than last season; it is because the teams we are playing are poorer with defences that eventually fail and with forwards that don't take as much advantage of our defensive weaknesses as a Premier League team would. Okay, in one off games Championship teams may well have a good game against a Premier League team, but put them head to head there is not one Championship team that would come out on top over a run of games. I would include the current Hearts team, with it's wobbly defence, as part of that. Dundee United after a few years down rebuilt this season after promotion because it had to. There is a gulf between the two divisions and any team that goes down should get back quite easily if it prepares properly.     

I think the facts disprove this post. 

Hibs took three seasons to get back up,likewise Dundee Utd, Dundee have struggled after every relegation, St Mirren struggled as well, in fact I may be wrong but I think they dropped down to League One and then there is Partick Thistle, Falkirk, ICT etc. 

The Championship is a much better and tougher league than is given credit for imo. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Hibs took three seasons to get back up,likewise Dundee Utd, Dundee have struggled after every relegation, St Mirren struggled as well, in fact I may be wrong but I think they dropped down to League One and then there is Partick Thistle, Falkirk, ICT etc. 

The Championship is a much better and tougher league than is given credit for imo. 

Those that are most critical of our performances frequently refer to the other Championship teams as being "pub league" standard. I think this is one of the reasons they are so impatient and frustrated with our performances, because they have absolutely no respect for any of the other teams in our league. They may not be the best, but they are a lot, lot better than "pub league" standard. They are all well organised, and do their utmost to frustrate us. Yes, we should be (and are) winning this league, but all the teams we play deserve respect, and if people could see that they'd be a lot less critical of what we are achieving.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally understand that. Yesterday  they had every player in their own 30.

The inability to the basics at times, poor control and poor passing all too often.

Frustrating though it may be, most games will follow a similar pattern unless we score an early 1st goal whereafter it serves little purpose for the opposition to sit in.

28 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Those that are most critical of our performances frequently refer to the other Championship teams as being "pub league" standard. I think this is one of the reasons they are so impatient and frustrated with our performances, because they have absolutely no respect for any of the other teams in our league. They may not be the best, but they are a lot, lot better than "pub league" standard. They are all well organised, and do their utmost to frustrate us. Yes, we should be (and are) winning this league, but all the teams we play deserve respect, and if people could see that they'd be a lot less critical of what we are achieving.

It is a pub league and it isn't competitive. It isn't anywhere near the standard of last time when we had Hibs, Rangers and a full time QOTS  (who had a good side then).  There has rarely (ever? ) been a league game I've seen this season where I thought - that was a game that could've gone either way, really even game that one, really competitive.

If Hearts are allowed possession they labour against the most modest opposition and if they don't put the effort in you get what happened at Pars & Dundee. There's no in-between. 

Just because Hearts are laborious & ineffective for large spells in games doesn't make it competitive.  Fact is, Hearts are easy to play against and accident prone at the back. 

Sure, Neilson is getting the results but he knows this team will struggle in the Prem next season - now that will be competitive. 

Thought the ayr keeper played well yesterday. On loan from Aston Villa. One newspaper review even tried to compare him to niemi 

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It is a pub league and it isn't competitive. It isn't anywhere near the standard of last time when we had Hibs, Rangers and a full time QOTS  (who had a good side then).  There has rarely (ever? ) been a league game I've seen this season where I thought - that was a game that could've gone either way, really even game that one, really competitive.

If Hearts are allowed possession they labour against the most modest opposition and if they don't put the effort in you get what happened at Pars & Dundee. There's no in-between. 

Just because Hearts are laborious & ineffective for large spells in games doesn't make it competitive.  Fact is, Hearts are easy to play against and accident prone at the back. 

Sure, Neilson is getting the results but he knows this team will struggle in the Prem next season - now that will be competitive. 

QOTS are still full time. The only part time teams are Arbroath and Alloa. 

ScandinavianJambo
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don't let facts spoil the spoilers... 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's competitive because they're all beating each other and there's 9 pts between 2nd top and 2nd bottom. That's why no-one is trying to beat us so we find ourselves trying to break down a 10 man defence almost every game. They just want to not lose against us as it's the results against everyone else that will determine the league placings. Eight teams have a decent chance of reaching the playoffs with a couple of wins on the trot.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Not really when our playing budget is over £8m and United had the closest to that at £4m last season. The other teams are poorer also, Morton with one GK, Ayr with the bus driver up front yesterday and his weedy third cousin once removed who came on as sub. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Thought the ayr keeper played well yesterday. On loan from Aston Villa. One newspaper review even tried to compare him to niemi 

He had some good saves but maybe a bit straight at him, we seemed to target him from corners too. Strange move to send a GK to this league, he has had 7 clean sheets the same as Gordon. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He had some good saves but maybe a bit straight at him, we seemed to target him from corners too. Strange move to send a GK to this league, he has had 7 clean sheets the same as Gordon. 

He also had a howler in the first game at home against us with Kingsley's free kick. 

The first half on Saturday was so poor, we really struggle to break between the lines when teams sit in against us. With Nando up front it may just be that we need to mix it up a little and go more direct. Our defence is terrible though, I can't remember a worse centre half pairing of Halkett and Popescu. IMO we need to replace both. Popescu is an accident waiting to happen. Is he only on a one year deal? If so please don't renew it Hearts. 

13 hours ago, tynewater said:

These same folk used to disrespect half of the Premier teams as well. 

According to them only the OF clubs are allowed to beat us. 

It will be the same next season even if we are top four. The boring negative Neilson oot mantra will stay with us until the next victim comes along. 

There is no pleasing them. 

On 14/03/2021 at 07:21, GinRummy said:

Rarely works imo. What happened to Ayr yesterday usually happens to us when we park the bus away from home. 

I must have been watching a different Hearts . Maybe because we hold the record for highest number of goals scored in top flight and Championship, I thought we were known as an attacking team. Parking the bus is typical of previous crap mangers like Levein, Tommy McLean, Joe Jordan. It’s a pity RN has succumbed to the same boring tactics.

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

These same folk used to disrespect half of the Premier teams as well. 

According to them only the OF clubs are allowed to beat us. 

It will be the same next season even if we are top four. The boring negative Neilson oot mantra will stay with us until the next victim comes along. 

There is no pleasing them. 

Yep some of the posters on here seem to use the words of John Collins ie a Pub Team. They have no respect for the players of teams or the coaches. They look for the proverbial telephone box and change into Green and White. Comments are very Hibster. 

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I must have been watching a different Hearts . Maybe because we hold the record for highest number of goals scored in top flight and Championship, I thought we were known as an attacking team. Parking the bus is typical of previous crap mangers like Levein, Tommy McLean, Joe Jordan. It’s a pity RN has succumbed to the same boring tactics.

Eh?  When have we parked the bus this season?  Not even in the cup games v Hibs and Celtic.   Jeez.  

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

Eh?  When have we parked the bus this season?  Not even in the cup games v Hibs and Celtic.   Jeez.  

@OldGorgiefor the avoidance of doubt. I was really meaning when we go to places like Ibrox and Parkhead and park the bus. Was comparing that to Ayr trying to sit in and frustrate us.

I wasn't talking about the current Hearts side.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He also had a howler in the first game at home against us with Kingsley's free kick. 

The first half on Saturday was so poor, we really struggle to break between the lines when teams sit in against us. With Nando up front it may just be that we need to mix it up a little and go more direct. Our defence is terrible though, I can't remember a worse centre half pairing of Halkett and Popescu. IMO we need to replace both. Popescu is an accident waiting to happen. Is he only on a one year deal? If so please don't renew it Hearts. 

Yeah I thought he did but I was sure it was early in the season and couldn’t see the fixture, it was Boxing Day.
Agreed about the CHs but unfortunately both have another year on their contracts until 2022.  

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

My phrasing : I meant to emphasise the quality in their side at that time. 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

We don't actually. Raith Rovers hold the record for the most goals scored by any team. They scored 142 goals in the second tier in the 1937/38 season. 

Agree that historically we are known as an attacking team though and I agree on your dislike of overly negative tactics. 

Key words in my post were Top Flight and Championship, not second division.

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

While we did park the bus against Celtic in first half, the constant passing sideways and backwards from midfield and attack is simply a manifestation of similar tactics. It’s certainly not free fall attacking.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My phrasing : I meant to emphasise the quality in their side at that time. 

They did have a decent team, I think they beat Rangers that season. Riley scored 29 goals did he not? Having said that they gave us a decent game a couple of months ago.