• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• neilnunb

Maroon Sailor
41 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

OH i had that. Brings back memories. ..:) 

Can't remember the meaning for the red and white pegs. 

White if you had the right colour in the right position ?

Red if you had the right colour but in the wrong position ?

Not sure - something like that

Edited by Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can't remember the meaning for the red and white pegs. 

White if you had the right colour in the right position ?

Red if you had the right colour but in the wrong position ?

Not sure - something like that

I think one colour represented correct answers whilst the other one wrong answers 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think one colour represented correct answers whilst the other one wrong answers 

Probably right - had in my mind that you didn't have to fill all the holes with those pegs

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Probably right - had in my mind that you didn't have to fill all the holes with those pegs

Weirdly I recall there was a massive instruction sheet with it I think . Probably still able to buy this game online somewhere I assume 

1 hour ago, SecN said:

Had this and took it to school at end of term, was popular with my mates that day as none of them had seen it. 

I can’t remember what it was called though. I eventually took it apart myself with a screwdriver to see how it worked and it was all string underneath, never worked the same afterwards

I never even wondered how it worked. :) Good for you for having a look - the result sounds like most of the things I take apart and put together again.

A mate of mine had one and I used to go around all the time and play it - it was good fun! The web says that it was called "Casdon Soccer", but I don't remember that name at all. It had various incarnations e.g. a Bobby Charlton edition, a Kenny Dalglish one (which is perhaps the one I played), etc.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Biko said:

Or one of these for a ten year old what could possibly go wrong ?

Mamod Minor MM1 steam engine for sale

What is that?!😄

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What is that?!😄

Working steam engine - meths burner underneath to heat the boiler then you could run grinders etc off the drive belt.

Still can't believe my folks let me loose with it.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

raw-1328272073.jpg

BRILLIANT !!    Only had a few cartoon wheels - one was a Top Cat, another was a Yogi Bear one.   

Lone Striker

Corgi Toys (261) Die-cast Model of James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 in Stock  Photo - Alamy

007's car - ejector seat, rear bullet shield pop-up and front machine guns.   

Vintage-Matchbox-Thunderbirds-Thunderbird-2-amp-4-Electronic-Playset-inc-Box

Thunderbird 2 was awesome - superbly made toy too !!

Cap Guns | ReplicaWeaponry.com

How come this didn't turn me into a serial killer ?

1960S MARX MYSTERY Space Ship Flying Saucer Toy w/Box Gyroscope Science  Fiction - $169.95 | PicClick

Weird sensation holding this after you wound it up - a baffling introduction to physics.

image.jpeg

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, buzz said:

DB5284B7-70D3-4511-917F-1F1B95E2DD43.jpeg

Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle !!    I'd forgotten that I had one of these.  Had a Captain Scarlet and Captain Blue.     Outrageous  that there wasn't a Captain Maroon. 😉

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle !!    I'd forgotten that I had one of these.  Had a Captain Scarlet and Captain Blue.     Outrageous  that there wasn't a Captain Maroon. 😉

I remember that wee door on the side used to pop out and the drivers seat would drop down.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I never even wondered how it worked. :) Good for you for having a look - the result sounds like most of the things I take apart and put together again.

A mate of mine had one and I used to go around all the time and play it - it was good fun! The web says that it was called "Casdon Soccer", but I don't remember that name at all. It had various incarnations e.g. a Bobby Charlton edition, a Kenny Dalglish one (which is perhaps the one I played), etc.

I recall my cousin  used to always take apart toys to see how they worked ?   Very odd.  He ruined one of my high tech digital watches, by taking it apart to see how it worked,    i still haven't forgiven him for  it :) His family were very well off compared to mine and he always had the best of toys.  I remember he got the latest skateboard and was showing it off to me and sadly he fell off it and it careered down the street on to a oncoming lorry and got smashed to smithereens.  I took a  sadistic delight at this  i recall.   :) A psychologist would have a field day at this recollection now...

Edited by JamesM48

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, buzz said:

It was basically tiddlywinks but I loved it!

Yip one blue team and one red I think. As you say, just football tiddlywinks, simple but brilliant fun.

Moved on from that time Subbuteo with the pitch on a piece of chipboard. 

Happy days

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Is it bad this thread has made me feel like a miserable old ****er?

Miss these days! 

It’s amazing that some of those toys can bring back a host of forgotten childhood memories !