Mafia - The good, the bad and the hairy

Tenaciousdandy

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Suggesting a previous successful tactic might be re-used is hardly a contrived theory...is it?

Not my style. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyNic

• Tenaciousdandy

• milky_26

• Smack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Smack said:

I say we lynch him, just to be safe.

Stick the vote in then, start the choo choo. 

Despite your shooting me in the face antics I sense a bit of melancholy from you Riddley. Won't kick a man when he's down. And I'd rather be the knife twister.

jambosean75
6 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Stick the vote in then, start the choo choo. 

vote riddley

Image result for train gifs

you did ask

Prince Buaben

need to catch up on everything yesterday. was only looking in due yo things going on. 

Vote Prince 

sticking with my day one vote for now as no one stick out apart from peaky but I think he has been investigated 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm playing golf at 12 so will be out of action for a few hours this afternoon. Going to vote now and then re-assess the situation once I'm back.

Vote Andy

My thoughts haven't changed on the GOFS situation but one of her team mates would have voted for her as a way of blending in. If she wasn't reading their PM then they would have accepted that she was getting lynched.  Andy also seemed keen to try and twist things back on to me before deadline.

Hope it's OK with you that I won't be around for a few hours 👍

Stuart McNeill

I was going to go my original day 1 vote but it seems that they've already got a vote.

When I get my lunch break, I'll reread day 1 and see if anything sticks out..

Id recommend others do the same

18 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I'm playing golf at 12 so will be out of action for a few hours this afternoon. Going to vote now and then re-assess the situation once I'm back.

Vote Andy

My thoughts haven't changed on the GOFS situation but one of her team mates would have voted for her as a way of blending in. If she wasn't reading their PM then they would have accepted that she was getting lynched.  Andy also seemed keen to try and twist things back on to me before deadline.

Hope it's OK with you that I won't be around for a few hours 👍

Before I go gung-ho I'll just say good try :lol: twisting things on to you? You didn't want a now known goon lynched and would have been happy to have 2 potential good roles gone on day 1 rather than just one. Didn't want her lynched and then disappeared at deadline with a vote on me.

Anyway, right now I won't return the vote. I'm going to have a coffee and read back through before posting more 

Goons from both the vamps and werewolves would’ve voted GOFS. So I’m looking at the players who voted her. If Werewolves voted her, then they would probably have done so later in the day, when it was looking certain she was getting mod killed.

vote Peaky for the time being.

I dunno if peaky is just playing up for no reason and trying to muddy the waters as a bored townie or if he's GOFS team mate. I'm just not sure I buy the whole I'm bored of the game thing when it had only been going on for 24 hours? Doesn't necessarily mean he's a goon though. Could just be trying to stir things up. Or that could be what he wants us to think 🤔

23 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I dunno if peaky is just playing up for no reason and trying to muddy the waters as a bored townie or if he's GOFS team mate. I'm just not sure I buy the whole I'm bored of the game thing when it had only been going on for 24 hours? Doesn't necessarily mean he's a goon though. Could just be trying to stir things up. Or that could be what he wants us to think 🤔

is that you protecting the bunnet?

yvonnejambo

My goon list now

Peaky

Sheldon

Shapes

Bunny

Boof

Can’t work out what teams but reckon a few goons in there.

For now vote Sheldon 

I am 1/2 and 1/2 over Peaky as he went hard on saving GOFS but it would be quite a bold thing to do if on her team, but it’s still a possibility. I have added Shapes as she’s being pretty quiet and that normally means she’s saving her chat for goon chat.

Sheldon just sticks out more to me as goonly at the moment. Mainly over the GOFS lynch.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Before I go gung-ho I'll just say good try :lol: twisting things on to you? You didn't want a now known goon lynched and would have been happy to have 2 potential good roles gone on day 1 rather than just one. Didn't want her lynched and then disappeared at deadline with a vote on me.

Anyway, right now I won't return the vote. I'm going to have a coffee and read back through before posting more 

I didn't know GOFS role, in fact I don't know anyone's role other than my own. It doesn't change my feelings on the easy option of lynching a non-active player. We got lucky in that regard. It doesn't buy trust for anyone who voted for her.

I'm not going back over the events of last night, but I'm pretty sure if you look up the definition of disappear in the direction you'll find out that's not what I did.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

My goon list now

Peaky

Sheldon

Shapes

Bunny

Boof

For now vote Sheldon 

I am 1/2 and 1/2 over Peaky as he went hard on saving GOFS but it would be quite a bold thing to do if on her team, but it’s still a possibility. I have added Shapes as she’s being pretty quiet and that normally means she’s saving her chat for goon chat.

Sheldon just sticks out more to me as goonly at the moment. Mainly over the GOFS lynch.

You're voting for me because I didn't take the easy option?

I'll say exactly what I said the last time. If you suspect me, lynch me. I could be the turncoat so happy to be killed during the day so the goons don't get to me at night.

jambosean75
2 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I was going to go my original day 1 vote but it seems that they've already got a vote.

When I get my lunch break, I'll reread day 1 and see if anything sticks out..

Id recommend others do the same

why would that stop you from voting for them?

46 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

My goon list now

Peaky

Sheldon

Shapes

Bunny

Boof

For now vote Sheldon 

Being a bit quieter because I just don't think there's much to work with yet tbh. Have pointed out my thoughts on peaky but don't really think there's much more to add

Stuart McNeill
39 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

why would that stop you from voting for them?

Because I'm being a shite bag 😂.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I didn't know GOFS role, in fact I don't know anyone's role other than my own. It doesn't change my feelings on the easy option of lynching a non-active player. We got lucky in that regard. It doesn't buy trust for anyone who voted for her.

I'm not going back over the events of last night, but I'm pretty sure if you look up the definition of disappear in the direction you'll find out that's not what I did.

I'm not suggesting it buys anyone trust as I fully aware it would be easy for goons to jump on - I'm simply saying that, in my opinion, it is ALWAYS better to lynch a potential mod kill rather than a random lynching and then a further mod kill of day 1. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here and the goons are trying to muddy the waters by suggesting this isn't the best idea. It's ****ing mental suggesting we shouldn't have lynched GOFS. Even if she was a townie. Even if it turned out she was the Doc I'd still have wanted her lynched rather than mod killed because we'd have lost the cop AND another potential good role.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

I'm not suggesting it buys anyone trust as I fully aware it would be easy for goons to jump on - I'm simply saying that, in my opinion, it is ALWAYS better to lynch a potential mod kill rather than a random lynching and then a further mod kill of day 1. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here and the goons are trying to muddy the waters by suggesting this isn't the best idea. It's ****ing mental suggesting we shouldn't have lynched GOFS. Even if she was a townie. Even if it turned out she was the Doc I'd still have wanted her lynched rather than mod killed because we'd have lost the cop AND another potential good role.

Could have lost another goon though. 

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

conversely could have lost a good roled player. i can see both sides of the argument but with two goon teams it makes more sense to lynch the player getting modkilled rather than try and hit a goon and potentially lose a mason/cop etc making it harder for the town.

if ot was a standard game with 3/4 goons i would say go for another person and have the modkill and lynch someone else

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes but as I said it would have been down to pure luck. Could have almost lynched the cop and then had to out themselves also. I just can't see how it would have made any sense to lose 2 players. Even better that we got lucky and hit a goon.

13 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

We might have lynched another goon though. We could’ve got rid of two instead of one.

People only seem to look at the lynching of a non poster from the point of view that the person is good.

Just now, iantjambo said:

We might have lynched another goon though. We could’ve got rid of two instead of one.

People only seem to look at the lynching of a non poster from the point of view that the person is good.

That would have been a massive stroke of luck to do that. And I do not think the chance of that would have been a good one to take as it would have had more chance of taking out a good role.

Bunny Munro

I think lynching a potential modkill is the correct way to go.

Assuming there is no clues to go on at all, it's a random shot, and as there is a) more good players than bad, and b) more good roles than bad roles, it makes sense to only kill one person at random. Give the cop a chance, see where the goons go, look for any patterns then go again the next day.

I'm always suspicious of those who argue strongly against it.

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

That would have been a massive stroke of luck to do that. And I do not think the chance of that would have been a good one to take as it would have had more chance of taking out a good role.

There was 6 good roled players and 6 goons (potentially 8 ) and also the assassin. I’d say there was more of a chance hitting a non town role.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

There was 6 good roled players and 6 goons (potentially 8 ) and also the assassin. I’d say there was more of a chance hitting a non town role.

I was including all townies in my 'good' numbers. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

vote boof

he is not spamming the board with tonnes for theories as he normally would

We're only just into day 2, and I've already opined that with the lynch of the potential modkill it's near enough a reboot of day 1 with 2 fewer folk and a fraction more information for the good team.

I'll theorise what I can but I can't do an awful lot with next-to-nothing to work with.

Furthermore, I've discovered that I'm able to access a library of films through my work so have spent this morning over the cuckoo's nest. Never knew Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and William Duell (Johnny the shoeshine boy from Police Squad) were all in it. But that's irrelevant...

Heading back for a re-read now if that's okay with you?

Tenaciousdandy
11 minutes ago, Boof said:

We're only just into day 2, and I've already opined that with the lynch of the potential modkill it's near enough a reboot of day 1 with 2 fewer folk and a fraction more information for the good team.

I'll theorise what I can but I can't do an awful lot with next-to-nothing to work with.

Furthermore, I've discovered that I'm able to access a library of films through my work so have spent this morning over the cuckoo's nest. Never knew Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and William Duell (Johnny the shoeshine boy from Police Squad) were all in it. But that's irrelevant...

Incredible film is one of my all time favourites 

Riddley

Shapes

Andy

Rudi

Yvonne

Boof

Peaky

That's who I've got as the 7 GOFS voters (add in usual disclaimer).

I know fine why I voted her. I did want to hold off as long as possible to give her every chance to turn up but it never happened - good news for the town as it turned out.

The two most notable ones for me are the first and last.

The first because it mirrors a goon-tactic I used a good few games ago. Riddley claims it's 'not his style'.

The last because Peaky had been so adamant through the day that a GOFS vote was - if I may paraphrase - a load of shite.

Out of the middle five - I'm happy to be investigated.

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Wooo

Sorry everyone, I didn't notice the game had started. Raging I've missed it 😭

Wooo

Edited by Good Old Fashioned Scandal
Forgot to woo

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

no its not

1. Rudi Skacel

2. Good Old Fashioned Scandal: GOON - lynch D1

3. AlimOzturk 

4. Smack

5. Iantjambo 

6. Yvonnejambo 

7. Nunya Business: SUPERTOWNIE - goonwhack N1 

8. Stuart McNeil

9. Bunny Munro 

10. AndyNic

11. Boof

12. Jambosean75 

13. Milky26

14. Prince Buaben 

15. Riddley Walker 

16. Shapes 

17. Vlad 

18. Seats

19. Dunks

20. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

22. Peaky 

I see no need to change my goon lists - though Peaky may need to swap with someone if he was in protect-GOFS mode. I'm not convinced that he was...not convinced that he wasn't.

Transvision Vamps

4. Smack

8. Stuart McNeil

22. Peaky 

Werewolves - any 2 out of

3. AlimOzturk 

6. Yvonnejambo 

18. Seats

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

no its not

Too late :P

Why not? Scared I find something to implicate you?

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Wooo

Sorry everyone, I didn't notice the game had started. Raging I've missed it 😭

Wooo

Don't worry gofs 🙂 I did consider not doing a mod kill but didn't think it was fair on the players who had been active 

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Too late :P

Why not? Scared I find something to implicate you?

lynch me all you want i've nothing to hide.

i just take great offense to your tone

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

lynch me all you want i've nothing to hide.

I can't lynch you - I only have one vote to cast.

But you have encouraged me to go and take a closer look at what you've had to say for yourself.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i just take great offense to your tone

And I take great offence to being voted when I'm not a goon or assassin.

On 05/03/2021 at 21:26, milky_26 said:

wtf have i missed in the last few games?

...in response to Ian's 'toys oot the pram' comment

On 05/03/2021 at 21:36, iantjambo said:

I was provoked.

Honest

On 05/03/2021 at 21:39, milky_26 said:

i believe you, not may would but i do

Any alignment with Ian?

On 05/03/2021 at 21:37, Riddley Walker said:

Last game's goons have really taken that spanking to heart eh.

Smapes are raging.

On 05/03/2021 at 21:42, milky_26 said:

is that some sort of horrific hybrid of merging shapes and smack?

It is...

On 05/03/2021 at 21:43, milky_26 said:

stuart seems to have lied to me so

vote stuart mc

A bit throwaway but it's day 1. A townie would know nothing so no condemnation from me.

On 06/03/2021 at 10:10, Prince Buaben said:

feel like I'm the middle of something between Sheldon and Shapes. Feels a bit akward.

On 06/03/2021 at 10:23, milky_26 said:

you are the third wheel in their werewolf games

On 06/03/2021 at 12:59, iantjambo said:

Rough as **** 🤢 

On 06/03/2021 at 13:01, milky_26 said:

too much blood last night?

Another wee chat with Ian...

22 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Sean going for a late run to be highest poster on the thread

20 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Riddled smalker

20 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I extended the hand of friendship to you pre-game and this is how I'm repaid? Can't a guy needily demand friends without all this heat?

19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

isn't the heat you are used to a burning sensation when using a toilet?

19 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Don’t worry I’m angelic 😇 

19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the devil was an angel

Lots of interactions/alignment with various folk - probably a 'nothing to see here' thing. Probably ditto with Ian too from earlier.

18 hours ago, milky_26 said:

unvote stuart mc

vote shapes

no context...

18 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Werebunny.jpg?w=420

Yikes!

17 hours ago, Boof said:

If GOFS doesn't turn up soon that's where my vote is heading.

Presume she's not a goon or mason or they'd be pinging her relentlessly but there is the small off-chance of a good role.

17 hours ago, milky_26 said:

that is where i am if gofs has not posted just before the deadline i will probably change my vote

And yet that didn't happen - to be fair she was pretty much a goner anyway.

17 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just checked gofs has not been on jkb since 15.30ish yesterday

16 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if the andy sheldon spat is all for show to try and distance themselves from each other if one gets lynched to try and protect their fellow goon?

Casting aspersions?

And that's day 1 from milky. As hard as I might be trying, I can't see all that much to hang him high.

25 minutes ago, Boof said:

1. Rudi Skacel

2. Good Old Fashioned Scandal: GOON - lynch D1

3. AlimOzturk 

4. Smack

5. Iantjambo 

6. Yvonnejambo 

7. Nunya Business: SUPERTOWNIE - goonwhack N1 

8. Stuart McNeil

9. Bunny Munro 

10. AndyNic

11. Boof

12. Jambosean75 

13. Milky26

14. Prince Buaben 

15. Riddley Walker 

16. Shapes 

17. Vlad 

18. Seats

19. Dunks

20. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

22. Peaky 

I see no need to change my goon lists - though Peaky may need to swap with someone if he was in protect-GOFS mode. I'm not convinced that he was...not convinced that he wasn't.

Transvision Vamps

4. Smack

8. Stuart McNeil

22. Peaky 

Werewolves - any 2 out of

3. AlimOzturk 

6. Yvonnejambo 

18. Seats

Surely if Seats was a Werewolf he would have told GOFS to get on and post. There also would’ve surely  been some chat in the Seats household that they were on the same team. Seats might still be a goon but I highly doubt he’s the hairy kind.

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Surely if Seats was a Werewolf he would have told GOFS to get on and post. There also would’ve surely  been some chat in the Seats household that they were on the same team. Seats might still be a goon but I highly doubt he’s the hairy kind.

Good point.

Although my goon lists are pretty arbitrary anyway.