***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

lost in space

Difference for me is that the FBs have been released! Smith and Kingsley have been allowed to go forward. Think the last few games they have been told to stay back - and you could see that they were frustrated by that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Copycat. 😊

Hearts in the lead at half time. Forgotten how that feels. What do you do?

We score two more, that’s what.  👍

Well done to the Hearts TV technical team - coverage is a huge improvement on previous matches!

Using all the cameras during the match helps with some close ups, different angles etc. Replays better with Picture in Picture but still some more improvements with the full screen replays during match, also cutting to the logo to transition back to live action is not great!

Overall the improvements have made watching them match more enjoyable!

Arbroath 2 QotS 0 became Arbroath 2 QotS 3 in 10 minutes.

They'll leapfrog Dundee if results stay the same.

Liking the fact our full backs are getting further up the field. Decent enough half. Boyce and big Gnando not really struck up an understanding yet but it’ll come. McEneff looked lively again and Popescu playing well. More positives than negatives. 

fabienleclerq

Think the shape suits us much better, Boyce isn't isolated and when he comes short nando can get in the box. 

Halliday is playing well to be fair to him and having him and mcenef in front of Irving is leaving him space to make play from deep. Wings are free for smith and Kingsley instead of the wide men getting in the way etc. 

Just now, martoon said:

Arbroath 2 QotS 0 became Arbroath 2 QotS 3 in 10 minutes.

They'll leapfrog Dundee if results stay the same.

😮

Pasquale for King

Much better so far, it was always going to be a more open game. We could’ve been two/three up with a bit better crossing and finishing. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

What a difference when we don’t play 2 crap wingers and actually let smith and Kingsley do what they do best!! No Naismith slowing every up too. Gms doing well in that free role, only wish RN had done this 2 months ago 👍

GMS. Is contributing nowt . Walker on for me 

Walker should be first name on team sheet not limited to 30 mins.. he actually creates chances and has a bit of spark about him, chips in with the goals as well

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Gnjambo16 said:

GMS. Is contributing nowt . Walker on for me 

Agreed. Gms looks lost

Jaap's Sigh
2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Yeah, still managing to have a pop at player who scored. Tragic.

Halliday has been absolutely shite all season. Scoring a goal, while appreciated, doesn’t make up for over half a season of sub-standard performances. 

I’ll have a pop at whoever I want, whenever I want thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

GMS doing well? 😳

Better than Naismith has been! New position for him. Needs to find more space but it will come good 👏

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Liking the fact our full backs are getting further up the field. Decent enough half. Boyce and big Gnando not really struck up an understanding yet but it’ll come. McEneff looked lively again and Popescu playing well. More positives than negatives. 

Yeah, need to continue with the two of them up front... when they get their understanding, they’ll be difficult to play against. Both have done well first half. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Difference for me is that the FBs have been released! Smith and Kingsley have been allowed to go forward. Think the last few games they have been told to stay back - and you could see that they were frustrated by that.

Definitely. Smith playing much better. 

Stuart Lyon

Anyone else having problems with "mirroring" the game from PC to TV via Apple TV? I've been able to do this with previous games but not today!

Jimmy Mann!!

Happy 80th Birthday!!

I remember him on the Glasgow Hearts Supporters Bus - great bloke, great club, great trips .... 

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well done to the Hearts TV technical team - coverage is a huge improvement on previous matches!

Using all the cameras during the match helps with some close ups, different angles etc. Replays better with Picture in Picture but still some more improvements with the full screen replays during match, also cutting to the logo to transition back to live action is not great!

Overall the improvements have made watching them match more enjoyable!

Just wish they didn't run replays when the game is still going on.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Jimmy Mann!!

Happy 80th Birthday!!

I remember him on the Glasgow Hearts Supporters Bus - great bloke, great club, great trips .... 

Happy birthday Jimmy!

2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Better than Naismith has been! New position for him. Needs to find more space but it will come good 👏

Naismith has been hopeless recently so hardly a thumbs up for GMS performance - if he is to come good he needs to start now.

Halliday along with Gordon/Irving/smith have been our best players this season. 

Boyce been scoring but not an awful lot more than that. Suppose that is his job

Edited by AlimOzturk

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Tricks said:

Walker should be first name on team sheet not limited to 30 mins.. he actually creates chances and has a bit of spark about him, chips in with the goals as well

I fear he will only get on if Dundee equalise.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Halliday eh, another few weeks guaranteed now  :)

I’m really not a fan of his but he’s featured a lot more today. Made some important tackles and took the goal well

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Good 1st half!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

20 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Poor first half

:levein_interesting:

Jaap's Sigh
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m really not a fan of his but he’s featured a lot more today. Made some important tackles and took the goal well

Neither am I. I think the system today suits him better though. Probably one of his better games without being great. 

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Notice the difference when Naismith isn't in the team. 🤔

Was just going to post the same.