• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• David McCaig

• Cruyff

34 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

No one will ever convince me we've had worse than Andy Watson

Possibly, but I seem to recall his (then) missus was good for team morale. 

:wink:

But Wittenveen takes some beating. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

McCallum is the worst hearts player of all time imo

Locke and Brown looked at him and thought yeah he’ll do, on the recommendation of John Murray, is it any wonder we’ve signed so many gimps over these past few years. 

Some guy called Harry Kane was looking for a loan deal that January, they’d actually played against him ffs and went for McCallum. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

We could have a 100 worst Hearts players in the modern era and still have some we would have to leave out . 

"A host of unusual occupants of a maroon top."

🤣🤣🤣

There was an Evening News quiz (which I think was this one) and, if I remember correctly, pictured the cast of thousands signed during the Romanov era. See below for the numbers involved. Anyone able to name that lot must be a savant! (I could only find the text without the pictures)

Hearts quiz: How many of these Romanov signings can you name?

On taking over in early 2005, Russian-born businessman Vladimir Romanov set about trying to transform Hearts into title challengers in Scotland and a notable team on the European stage. To do so, investment was required in the playing squad and as such a raft of players arrived in summer 2005.Signings became more varied in the subsequent years. In Romanov's first four full seasons in charge of the club, 70 players turned out for the club.Between taking over in 2005 and the 2013-2014 season, 118 players pulled on the Hearts jersey.There were a number of successes, some failures and a host of unusual occupants of a maroon top.Success came in the Scottish Cup in 2006 and 2012, while the club split Celtic and Rangers in the 2005/06 campaign, becoming the first team to do so since Motherwell finished second in 1995.Controversy came on and off the field before administration arrived in 2013.

3 hours ago, Diego10 said:

No one will ever convince me we've had worse than Andy Watson

I remember him getting booked once and the Hearts support chanting "Off! Off! Off!" 😁

I also have a vague memory of him getting a head injury - I think away game somewhere, going off to get it bandaged to great cheers from the Hearts crowd. He came back on to a chorus of boos, and took a throw in. He threw it to a player under pressure who panicked and volleyed it straight into his bandaged coupon, laying him out as I recall. There were people doubled up with laughter. 😆 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

"A host of unusual occupants of a maroon top."

🤣🤣🤣

There was an Evening News quiz (which I think was this one) and, if I remember correctly, pictured the cast of thousands signed during the Romanov era. See below for the numbers involved. Anyone able to name that lot must be a savant! (I could only find the text without the pictures)

Hearts quiz: How many of these Romanov signings can you name?

On taking over in early 2005, Russian-born businessman Vladimir Romanov set about trying to transform Hearts into title challengers in Scotland and a notable team on the European stage. To do so, investment was required in the playing squad and as such a raft of players arrived in summer 2005.Signings became more varied in the subsequent years. In Romanov's first four full seasons in charge of the club, 70 players turned out for the club.Between taking over in 2005 and the 2013-2014 season, 118 players pulled on the Hearts jersey.There were a number of successes, some failures and a host of unusual occupants of a maroon top.Success came in the Scottish Cup in 2006 and 2012, while the club split Celtic and Rangers in the 2005/06 campaign, becoming the first team to do so since Motherwell finished second in 1995.Controversy came on and off the field before administration arrived in 2013.

I would wager that it’s about the same as under Budge. We used 43 players in Leveins first season as manager. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Daktari said:

I remember him getting booked once and the Hearts support chanting "Off! Off! Off!" 😁

I also have a vague memory of him getting a head injury - I think away game somewhere, going off to get it bandaged to great cheers from the Hearts crowd. He came back on to a chorus of boos, and took a throw in. He threw it to a player under pressure who panicked and volleyed it straight into his bandaged coupon, laying him out as I recall. There were people doubled up with laughter. 😆 

The biggest laugh was getting money off Hibs for him, but keeping him until the Monday because there was a Derby on the Saturday 😆
I worked for Frank Graham at the time he was at ER and he used to go in with his Bukta Hearts training bag, he would get on the 14 at Dalkeith road. 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The biggest laugh was getting money off Hibs for him, but keeping him until the Monday because there was a Derby on the Saturday 😆
I worked for Frank Graham at the time he was at ER and he used to go in with his Bukta Hearts training bag, he would get on the 14 at Dalkeith road. 

60 grand or something wasn't it?  No bad cash for someone that bad.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

60 grand or something wasn't it?  No bad cash for someone that bad.

Yeah, I think we paid slightly more than that for him 🙈

Hope it's OK to post about Jordan Roberts on this thread!

Quoted in a Motherwell paper and in the Evening News:

"I’ve got another year at Hearts and if I end up there, I end up there. But my main objective is to contribute here and not get distracted and sidetracked by transfer talk whether I’m going to be at Hearts or Motherwell.

"The manager has kind of given me a freedom almost to play and express myself and as a player that’s what you want.

"The shackles are off now and when I cross that white line it’s down to me to go out there, repay the faith that the manager’s put in me, help the lads and contribute as much as I can."

Sounds like he is keen to get a permanent move to Motherwell. 

The comments about being given freedom to express himself there sounds like a pretty direct criticism of our tactical approach. Might explain why some players look good when they first arrive and then go backwards as they forced to fit a system they maybe aren't suited for.

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Very telling, he can express himself and the shackles are off. Make of that what you will.

Another player that can’t handle the pressure of playing for hearts 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

"I’ve got another year at Hearts and if I end up there, I end up there. But my main objective is to contribute here and not get distracted and sidetracked by transfer talk whether I’m going to be at Hearts or Motherwell.

"The manager has kind of given me a freedom almost to play and express myself and as a player that’s what you want.

"The shackles are off now and when I cross that white line it’s down to me to go out there, repay the faith that the manager’s put in me, help the lads and contribute as much as I can."

The comments about being given freedom to express himself there sounds like a pretty direct criticism of our tactical approach. Might explain why some players look good when they first arrive and then go backwards as they forced to fit a system they maybe aren't suited for.

Indeed it does. 

kirkierobroy
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Another player that can’t handle the pressure of playing for hearts 👍🏻

He couldn't handle the pressure of playing for ICT. His success, if it is that, at Murrawell baffles me.

bigsuperslim1874

Yeah....let’s hope he does well enough to get a move. Complete waste of a jersey and it’s easy to just fire out snidey comments like he has done there.

:bolt:

Wonder if they'd wave their development fee for Campbell in exchange for Roberts and a % sell on fee 

Would be some amazing business :D 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

So shackles are the reason he didn’t try a ****ing leg. Sorry not having that 

Yeah. Said on another thread, he was played through the middle by Neilson.

12 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Jesus :lol:

This chancer can bolt, as if it was the coaches who told him not to control a ball or put a foot in :lol:

Attitude is stinking, type of player who comes off thinking he's been 10/10 every week. 

Your career will go downwards from here Jordan. I would suggest knuckling down and do a bit more than only score against Hibs before getting billy big baws.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Very telling, he can express himself and the shackles are off. Make of that what you will.

Shackles or not he was crap for Hearts.

Thats what I make of that. Hopefully we don’t see him in a Hearts shirt again and Motherwell allow him the opportunity to continue to try and take him on loan again. Something he appeared incapable of doing in Maroon. 

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

The shackles must have made him wander about, have a shite first touch and made him colour blind as he couldn't tell who the Hearts players where. 

They also stopped him going past man or have any positional sense. 

Same shackles as guys like Oshaniwa and Grezliek came with. 

Bazzas right boot
On 17/03/2021 at 22:58, Pasquale for King said:

I would wager that it’s about the same as under Budge. We used 43 players in Leveins first season as manager. 

We had about 26 players injured tho, someone going about with a hammer bashing our players ankles and knees!

We still Seemed to run out of central defenders and strikers at one point. 

CloustonHMFC

Jordan Roberts didn't try a leg when he played for us. He can make his shackles comments all he wants but it was evident for everyone to see that no matter what his instructions were he didn't even give 50% effort. Unforgivable. 

Selkirk_Jambo
On 17/03/2021 at 19:53, ToqueJambo said:

Perreira's my all time worse simply for the massive damage he did and the fact he couldn't do the most basic things a goalie has to know how to do. When someone like Stendel praises him for his kicking you know modern football has ruined what a goalie is supposed to be.

Oshaniwa actually contributed to a good start to the season when he joined. Beniuseless was just the one horrible game as I remember it.

Beniusis got a raw deal to be fair. He was utterly rubbish in that game against Hibs but he'd only gotten off the plane the day before, if I recall correctly. Only started because the fax machine made it so. He showed a few flashes of ability in subsequent games but the die was already cast at that stage. 

Sowah also seems to get more grief than he deserves. Started well and fell away but ended up being a fair to middling type overall. We've had far worse players than him. 

Perreira is the worst player I have ever seen play for HMFC, it's not even close. How he became a professional goalkeeper and got picked up by Man Utd is a genuine mystery. Almost as big a mystery as why we kept picking him when it became patently obvious that he was utter pony. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We had about 26 players injured tho, someone going about with a hammer bashing our players ankles and knees!

We still Seemed to run out of central defenders and strikers at one point. 

That in itself was bad enough but it seemed to be our better players who were out longest.  To make matters worse, when they did come back they failed to hit the ground running especially Naismith, Uche, and Berra who IMO has never recovered to display the form he showed then.  I'll not mention Souttar because we seem to have been longer without him tham with him fit.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 17/03/2021 at 13:03, GinRummy said:

David Witteveen wasn’t great 😎

Genuinely looked like a player we'd pulled off a public park.

23 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Jesus :lol:

This chancer can bolt, as if it was the coaches who told him not to control a ball or put a foot in :lol:

Spot on. Could count on one hand how many times he sprinted during a game. Get rid - awful player.

On 28/02/2021 at 14:45, David McCaig said:

We did against Hibs and Celtic.

The Championship is a slog with teams raising their game and getting men behind the ball.

Nonsense the problem is Neilson his tactics are crap and simply cannot motivate players. Budge and her pride will get us relegated next season then we start again. 
We are simply crap 

37 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Nonsense the problem is Neilson his tactics are crap and simply cannot motivate players. Budge and her pride will get us relegated next season then we start again. 
We are simply crap 

But Anne likes him. 

• 1 month later...

Last time out, Motherwell won at Easter Road for the first time since 2013 via a 2-0 scoreline back in February. But they will be without Tony Watt and Jordan Roberts this time, the latter out for the season.

Motherwell changed to 3-5-2 against Hamilton in order to adapt, Alexander praising Roberts after signing for the club on loan from Hearts in January: “There will be different players playing. Tony Watt and Jordan Roberts played that day and we haven’t got them at the moment.

“Jordan won’t be back for us, his injury has taken him out for the foreseeable. I don’t know the full extent of his injury, it isn’t a major one but he is certainly going to miss the rest of the season unfortunately. I am really gutted for the lad because he is a brilliant man, he did an exceptional job for us in his short period here and we are going to miss him because he’s a top guy.

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yet Neilson made him look like a dud!! Amazing coach.

Without defending Neilson, Roberts was utter pony for us. I don't think he needed any help.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yet Neilson made him look like a dud!! Amazing coach.

Roberts got multiple chances. He started quite well then just didn't look interested at all. A common theme amongst lots of the players. They obviously didn't want to be there and were going through the motions a lot of the time. At Well Roberts was suddenly playing against better players and seemed able to raise his game accordingly, like ours did against Hibs and Celtic. If Neilson had previous for not being able to motivate players or get them fit I'd be blaming Neilson 100%, but he doesn't have that prior reputation.

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Roberts got multiple chances. He started quite well then just didn't look interested at all. A common theme amongst lots of the players. They obviously didn't want to be there and were going through the motions a lot of the time. At Well Roberts was suddenly playing against better players and seemed able to raise his game accordingly, like ours did against Hibs and Celtic. If Neilson had previous for not being able to motivate players or get them fit I'd be blaming Neilson 100%, but he doesn't have that prior reputation.

Roberts isn't good enough. But it must be pretty demoralising for a winger when his ****wit of a coach tells him first job is to defend.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Roberts isn't good enough. But it must be pretty demoralising for a winger when his ****wit of a coach tells him first job is to defend.

That was never Roberts first job. We played him up front, in a No. 10 role and out wide. At no point was Jason Roberts on the pitch to defend. He does of course have defensive duties like all players. Isn't the press everyone wants us to play all about "defending" high up the park first and foremost anyhow?

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was never Roberts first job. We played him up front, in a No. 10 role and out wide. At no point was Jason Roberts on the pitch to defend. He does of course have defensive duties like all players. Isn't the press everyone wants us to play all about "defending" high up the park first and foremost anyhow?

Interesting that after a couple of games at Motherwell he said he was enjoying playing with more freedom. Not sure everyone wants to see us play a high press. I would personally like us to attack with pace and conviction, when we get the ball. Not the slow monotonous shite we are presently enduring.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Interesting that after a couple of games at Motherwell he said he was enjoying playing with more freedom. Not sure everyone wants to see us play a high press. I would personally like us to attack with pace and conviction, when we get the ball. Not the slow monotonous shite we are presently enduring.

I can distinctly remember in one of Roberts last games for us Neilson or a coach bawling at him to be more positive. I know I was at my TV. Roberts showed up quite well in the early games but all of us wanted him replaced by mid season. If Ginnelly hadn't got injured or the real GMS had shown up we wouldn't be talking about him. 

lost in space
45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He may not have a prior reputation but he has earned that reputation now (in my opinion).

BackOfTheNet

Ah I see the hyperbole that was there before his move in January has resurfaced. One of these echo chamber types that end up being believed by everyone. Not a world beater but not the worst. And his comments about having the “shackles off” speaks volumes to what Neilson was doing with him.

But aye, everyone can simultaneously say that Neilson is tactically inept terrible manager but of course that had nothing to do with Roberts not playing well for us but playing well as soon as he moved to the league above. Just face it, you all went way, way over the top to write him off and now are too stubborn to backup even an inch on the over the top nonsensical hyperbole surrounding him.

26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Mike Tullberg.

Lol. I always forget about him. Just looked him up and he’s coaching Dortmund under 19s.