Jordan Roberts

HamishMcGonagall

50 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He was useless for us. Did absolutely nothing anytime he played or came on as a sub. Nothing. If just moving to another team motivates him to play better then it’s all on him. Neilson did not coach him to be constantly $#!te. He still could have tried even if he didn’t agree with the way we were set up. He never hustled, he couldn’t cross, he couldn’t even trap a ball. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Surely no Hearts fan thinks him staying instead of being loaned out would be the difference this season. Should have been subbed in the semi after 15 mins.

Keep telling yourself that

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• David McCaig

• Cruyff

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed on that. A player has a bad game and then gets dropped. Doesn’t play for a game or two and then gets a game or a sub appearance, doesn’t impress again and suddenly not even in the squad. All the while they see players who do get games consistently despite not playing well. Terrible man management. And indeed about the hyperbole, player had one or two bad games, gets left out of a squad and they suddenly become wage thieves.

Wighton, Frear and Roberts all got a decent number of chances to be fair. I can remember when Roberts played his last game most of us were saying this is his last chance and so it proved. Wighton I would have kept for this league, Lee too but there seemed to be family things there and McEneff looks like more the type we need. Haring and Berra both played poorly and were dropped, Irving too.

He's definitely been trying to use his whole squad - pretty much everyone has had a start or at least a sub appearance. I don't think there's a single first team player who hasn't played yet. Whether he's been assessing his squad, protecting players or what I don't know but no player can say they haven't been given at least one chance to impress. There might be more consistency of selection in the run in.

I'm most disappointed about not seeing so much of McGill, Smith, Cochrane or other youngsters. It seems like an ideal season to give some younger players a chance but maybe everyone has agreed the focus is on promotion this year and youth development can wait until things get back to normal.

Edited by ToqueJambo

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed on that. A player has a bad game and then gets dropped. Doesn’t play for a game or two and then gets a game or a sub appearance, doesn’t impress again and suddenly not even in the squad. All the while they see players who do get games consistently despite not playing well. Terrible man management. And indeed about the hyperbole, player had one or two bad games, gets left out of a squad and they suddenly become wage thieves.

Roberts played very wide in a formation that not even the current players knew. Then moves to a very one dimensional 4 3 3. Much more space..roasted the hibs defence and took his goal well. 4 2 3 1 aint ferking working with these players... AGAIN !!!!

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wighton, Frear and Roberts all got a decent number of chances to be fair. I can remember when Roberts played his last game most of us were saying this is his last chance and so it proved. Wighton I would have kept for this league, Lee too but there seemed to be family things there and McEneff looks like more the type we need. Haring and Berra both played poorly and were dropped, Irving too.

He's definitely been trying to use his whole squad - pretty much everyone has had a start or at least a sub appearance. I don't think there's a single first team player who hasn't played yet. Whether he's been assessing his squad, protecting players or what I don't know but no player can say they haven't been given at least one chance to impress. There might be more consistency of selection in the run in.

I'm most disappointed about not seeing so much of McGill, Smith, Cochrane or other youngsters. It seems like an ideal season to give some younger players a chance but maybe everyone has agreed the focus is on promotion this year and youth development can wait until things get back to normal.

Damour hasn’t played, and I would have him in ahead of Halliday at the moment. Haring only had the one bad game against Dundee and was dropped, with no minutes since. We don’t have bounce or reserve games, so he’s getting no fitness build up whatsoever. Berra wasn’t dropped he got injured, only reason he’s not back in is because since Popescu went to RCB and Halkett LCB we’ve not been shipping goals like we were before. Wighton done more than enough to at least get sub appearances, the guy scores a hat trick and a goal against Hibs and folk on here still thinking he’s dugshite.

As for Frear or Roberts, neither have played enough for anyone to form an overriding conclusive opinion - in my opinion - yet many have. I said in another thread Roberts played 10 games for us, but less than 500 minutes - the equivalent of about 5.2 games. Rarely 90 minutes. Until yesterday GMS had done nothing in his time and although less games had more minutes than Roberts. Even after improving a bit yesterday GMS has contributed less than Roberts has as a Hearts player.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Damour hasn’t played, and I would have him in ahead of Halliday at the moment. Haring only had the one bad game against Dundee and was dropped, with no minutes since. We don’t have bounce or reserve games, so he’s getting no fitness build up whatsoever. Berra wasn’t dropped he got injured, only reason he’s not back in is because since Popescu went to RCB and Halkett LCB we’ve not been shipping goals like we were before. Wighton done more than enough to at least get sub appearances, the guy scores a hat trick and a goal against Hibs and folk on here still thinking he’s dugshite.

As for Frear or Roberts, neither have played enough for anyone to form an overriding conclusive opinion - in my opinion - yet many have. I said in another thread Roberts played 10 games for us, but less than 500 minutes - the equivalent of about 5.2 games. Rarely 90 minutes. Until yesterday GMS had done nothing in his time and although less games had more minutes than Roberts. Even after improving a bit yesterday GMS has contributed less than Roberts has as a Hearts player.

I'd actually forgotten about Damour. I thought Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly all gave us something the squad lacked when Neilson arrived. Roberts was always signed as an auxiliary striker though so with Gnando arriving we don't need him there. guess we wanted more out and out wingers. GMS is certainly a completely different player, Roberts is arguably more suited for this league. Once the better weather comes and the new players including GMS are up to fitness a bit more hopefully we'll see better things. I guess GMS was signed to replace Roberts (we all thought that was a significant upgrade), plus Gnando gave us more options up front, and Kasteneer was an emergency signing to replace Ginnelly.

It's true that none of GMS, Kasteneer and Gnando look significant upgrades on Roberts, Frear and Wighton though, but early days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye. Wighton top scorer at the time. Gets rid to free up the wage bill for some ageing ex name. Do me sideways

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd actually forgotten about Damour. I thought Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly all gave us something the squad lacked when Neilson arrived. Roberts was always signed as an auxiliary striker though so with Gnando arriving we don't need him there. guess we wanted more out and out wingers. GMS is certainly a completely different player, Roberts is arguably more suited for this league. Once the better weather comes and the new players including GMS are up to fitness a bit more hopefully we'll see better things. I guess GMS was signed to replace Roberts (we all thought that was a significant upgrade), plus Gnando gave us more options up front, and Kasteneer was an emergency signing to replace Ginnelly.

It's true that none of GMS, Kasteneer and Gnando look significant upgrades on Roberts, Frear and Wighton though, but early days.

My main worry is that lesser teams can get themselves up for a game against us, especially when on TV, but the management team walk around as if it’s not worth a team talk and out players are never up for any game. It’s like the wind got taken out of their sales with the cup final and they’ve just thought there’s not going to be a game worth getting hyped for until next season so are going through the motions. That’s something that’s been instilled on the training ground throughout the week as well as match day.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Kastaneer had the chance at the first goal his first touch would have taken him over to the corner flag.

There's 10 times more merde on here than I've had to suffer in performances recently.

Signed Happy Clapper.

President of the Anti-Fwits Movement Against Self-Absorbed Clueless Doolally Chompers.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My main worry is that lesser teams can get themselves up for a game against us, especially when on TV, but the management team walk around as if it’s not worth a team talk and out players are never up for any game. It’s like the wind got taken out of their sales with the cup final and they’ve just thought there’s not going to be a game worth getting hyped for until next season so are going through the motions. That’s something that’s been instilled on the training ground throughout the week as well as match day.

I think lots of people are going through the motions in their jobs these days, intentionally or otherwise. Footballers are no different, or managers and coaches for that matter. It's an odd season and I'm not surprised at all that there's a lot less intensity in games. Also not surprised some other teams are upping their game against us, while often underperforming against the other teams.

11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If Kastaneer had the chance at the first goal his first touch would have taken him over to the corner flag.

On what evidence do we know this, as far as know he’s not really been provided a decent pass that would put him in a scoring position? In fact yesterday he played a a decent assist to Boyce who had strayed offside. Unless this is just a case of Roberts has left so we now need to substitute the JKB over the top hyperbole onto another player?

Diadora Van Basten
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

On what evidence do we know this, as far as know he’s not really been provided a decent pass that would put him in a scoring position? In fact yesterday he played a a decent assist to Boyce who had strayed offside. Unless this is just a case of Roberts has left so we now need to substitute the JKB over the top hyperbole onto another player?

He had a chance last week went to shoot with one foot only for the other to knock the ball away.

The guy is abysmal and makes Olly Lee look like David Beckham.

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Obviously. Hehe

Maybe this is proof that away from our set up/coaching roberts looks like his confidence and performances are going up? Is it just a coincedence?

41 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ring ring. "Aye nelly here...eh nice game eh..thats ma plan u know..get u game time and back to tynie eh big man "..............."suck on my salty chocolate balls bitch!"

Christ, he beat the Hibs boy for pace, hit it right at the keeper and fortunately it goes through his legs. The assist is a bad first touch and a two yard pass inside. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He had a chance last week went to shoot with one foot only for the other to knock the ball away.

The guy is abysmal and makes Olly Lee look like David Beckham.

Abysmal? You make that determination after 192 minutes of football (just over 2 full games), when he’s not fully match fit having not been playing for his parent club most of the season? People seem to give GMS the benefit of the doubt (rightly) when it comes to getting up to speed, why has Kastaneer been written off so early after so few minutes?

I swear this place is just a bunch of people wanting to call things early and then spending every week after it trying to convince everyone why they’re right.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Abysmal? You make that determination after 192 minutes of football (just over 2 full games), when he’s not fully match fit having not been playing for his parent club most of the season? People seem to give GMS the benefit of the doubt (rightly) when it comes to getting up to speed, why has Kastaneer been written off so early after so few minutes?

I swear this place is just a bunch of people wanting to call things early and then spending every week after it trying to convince everyone why they’re right.

Dan dan dan dan...dan dan.dan...dan..dan dan Dan DAN DAN DAN

Diadora Van Basten
29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be honest I made it after five minutes and have waited for him to prove me wrong.

You can wait all you like but I am calling him for what he is right now.

11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

To be honest I made it after five minutes and have waited for him to prove me wrong.

You can wait all you like but I am calling him for what he is right now.

Such weird behaviour

been here before
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Christ, he beat the Hibs boy for pace, hit it right at the keeper and fortunately it goes through his legs. The assist is a bad first touch and a two yard pass inside. :lol: 

'Assists' are stats for gamblers, the sky generation who need numbers to make games interesting and ******s who think they mean something.

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

There's 10 times more merde on here than I've had to suffer in performances recently.

Signed Happy Clapper.

President of the Anti-Fwits Movement Against Self-Absorbed Clueless Doolally Chompers.

:qqb011:

SomethingAboutObua

Nah sorry he was total mince. Useless offensively and defensively, just tells you how bad Motherwell are right now they need him in their starting 11 

8 hours ago, been here before said:

'Assists' are stats for gamblers, the sky generation who need numbers to make games interesting and ******s who think they mean something.

Assisting the assister will be the next stat of choice.  

Well done to him.  

Other than Craig Gordon, Not one Hearts player has stood out this season and no one has looked improved since Neilson came back.  In fact, more players look like they have regressed.  Roberts goes out on loan to the league above and is starting to doing well.  

There is something not right with this picture.

57 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Well done to him.  

Other than Craig Gordon, Not one Hearts player has stood out this season and no one has looked improved since Neilson came back.  In fact, more players look like they have regressed.  Roberts goes out on loan to the league above and is starting to doing well.  

I think we have a squad devoid of pace, energy & fitness. (As well as a questionable coaching team). Our back four and central midfield are so passive & slow on the ball that our wide players & strikers never receive the ball in space. The opposition have always recovered & 10 men are behind the ball so it’s an uphill struggle all the time. Other than Ginnelly I can’t honestly name a player who confidently carries the ball & has the pace to go beyond an opponent. 

No quick fix to this unfortunately. IF we get back up i can’t see how we are in anything other than a relegation battle from the off.

It’s clearly the coaching/tactics that are wrong. Roberts had a decent pedigree and all of a sudden he was poor for us.  He goes on loan to a higher standard and has been mentioned in his first two games as having played well......hmmmmm. It’s an all too familiar story. 

The culture is wrong at the club and that’s on Budge and the management of players is wrong which ultimately stops with Budge as she is the hirer/firer.......but that bit is mainly on Robbie.

Both need to go in my opinion.

complete control

Total non trier who never beat a man or put in a decent cross for us.  Used up more energy in the  dressing room celebrations than he did on the park after the hibs semi 

The facts are Roberts looked OK up to the semi final. His touch looked great and he was pretty direct.

From there he just looked subdued. Games were passing him by and he lost the ball most times he got it. And so did every other winger in the squad....

I'd suggest he didn't cover himself in glory but also fell foul to a team who have absolutely zero fluency in our attacking play.

We continually play the ball to wingers feet, 45 yards out, facing away, with 2 men on. And we don't do it on the run to create a one-two either.

The has the attributes, but as with GMS, Kastaneer, Boyce, Walker, Irving, GNANDO, Naismith and all the rest, its about using them.

Not a political broadcast for Roberts. He didn't do well. But I don't think he's the entirity of that issue is all

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Well done to him.  

Good question.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The facts are Roberts looked OK up to the semi final. His touch looked great and he was pretty direct.

From there he just looked subdued. Games were passing him by and he lost the ball most times he got it. And so did every other winger in the squad....

I'd suggest he didn't cover himself in glory but also fell foul to a team who have absolutely zero fluency in our attacking play.

We continually play the ball to wingers feet, 45 yards out, facing away, with 2 men on. And we don't do it on the run to create a one-two either.

The has the attributes, but as with GMS, Kastaneer, Boyce, Walker, Irving, GNANDO, Naismith and all the rest, its about using them.

Not a political broadcast for Roberts. He didn't do well. But I don't think he's the entirity of that issue is all

Spot on.

How can we justify the chopping and changing of positions and why if a style of play is clearly not working do we persist with it game after game?

How is it that players who we were lauding months ago – Naismith, Smith, Irving – are now a shadow of themselves?

How can so many supposed decent players all look so “out of it” all at the one time, game after game?

How can our management team look at these performances and consider them acceptable?

15 hours ago, Gambo said:

In first few games he looked the best out of 3 brought in, then something happened (Robbie influence?)that he seriously went downhill fast.

At the start of the season, he had a niggling hamstring complaint that he couldn’t shake off.

Everyone decided that he was just making excuses and must be a crap player.

Now his hamstring has fully recovered, he is building up his match fitness at Motherwell and showing he is actually a good Premiership standard player.

There is also a lot of credence to the theory that most of our squad is far more suited to playing in the Premiership than the Championship.

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agree totally with this.

usually traits of a team with players low on confidence- yet we sit atop of the league by a mile

14 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He was useless for us. Did absolutely nothing anytime he played or came on as a sub. Nothing. If just moving to another team motivates him to play better then it’s all on him. Neilson did not coach him to be constantly $#!te. He still could have tried even if he didn’t agree with the way we were set up. He never hustled, he couldn’t cross, he couldn’t even trap a ball. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Surely no Hearts fan thinks him staying instead of being loaned out would be the difference this season. Should have been subbed in the semi after 15 mins.

good post.

12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Maybe this is proof that away from our set up/coaching roberts looks like his confidence and performances are going up? Is it just a coincedence?

No, not a coincidence unfortunately. Players sign for us, look decent then fall into mediocrity then get slagged off for being shite. Said it for the last few years and it hasn't changed. Mackay-Steven for example could walk away from Hearts right now, sign for another club and be one of the best players for that club. The list is extremely long of players arriving and starting to fade after 3-4 months. I think it'll be much the same next season, players will arrive then falter in the end before being released.

15 hours ago, The American said:

I’d rather have him here than kastaneer that’s for fekkin sure 

I'd rather we stopped spaffing money playing 'football manager' and actually tried doing a little coaching for a change. Astounded by the number of players we seem to be unable to get a tune out of. As for the Sean Clare comment earlier, reminds me of the progress both he and Andy Irving made under the Stendal experiment.

gordon simpson
13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Signed Happy Clapper.

where do you sign up for the Anti~Fwit~ movement, as this forum needs our help , full of fwits

He said: I had an injury at the start and never really got an opportunity when I got back. Sometimes you don’t come back on form.

"For me I always give my all in training and in games and if I get my opportunity in games I will do my best. I have another year there so I'm aiming to finish the season well here.

I’ve not spoken to anyone at Hearts since leaving. They have scouts to see how players are doing on loan. I like to keep my head down and not worry too much about what’s going on outside the football club.

"It’s for me to get my head down and crack on. My opportunity now is here and I’m grateful for that. I’m happy in every department.”

This guy is still on our books and presumably ought to return to the first team squad in the summer - don't understand why we aren't talking to him regularly

lost in space

I cant make up my mind if - 

1. Roberts is rubbish and Neilson is pathetic for signing him 

or

2. Roberts is good and Neilson is pathetic for letting him go.

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

At the start of the season, he had a niggling hamstring complaint that he couldn’t shake off.

Everyone decided that he was just making excuses and must be a crap player.

Now his hamstring has fully recovered, he is building up his match fitness at Motherwell and showing he is actually a good Premiership standard player.

There is also a lot of credence to the theory that most of our squad is far more suited to playing in the Premiership than the Championship.

There is also a lot of credence to most of our squad being more suited to being managed/coached by a proper manager/coach.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There is also a lot of credence to most of our squad being more suited to being managed/coached by a proper manager/coach.

2014/2015:  Wins Championship with a record points total

2015/2016:  Finishes 3rd in Premiership

2016/2017:  Leaves Hearts 2nd in Premiership on 5 game unbeaten run after beating Rangers (again)

2020/2021:  Has Hearts a country mile clear at the top of the Championship

But apparently not a proper coach or manager!!!

Weakened Offender
19 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Or maybe he was never actually that bad but clueless fans wrote him off after his first 5 mins on the pitch. He’s only played about 5 games for us. Anyway, hope the loan does him some good and he can be like a new signing in the summer 

It was definitely this. We have some of the worst fans in football. 

26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

2014/2015:  Wins Championship with a record points total

2015/2016:  Finishes 3rd in Premiership

2016/2017:  Leaves Hearts 2nd in Premiership on 5 game unbeaten run after beating Rangers (again)

2020/2021:  Has Hearts a country mile clear at the top of the Championship

But apparently not a proper coach or manager!!!

Doesn't matter what folk think of Neilson. 

He did exceptionally well in the Championship with our only two threats from Rangers 2012 who'd just been promoted from League 1 and Hibs proving by two play-offs with Hamilton to be not good enough for the Premier. They were always going to be there for a couple of years til they sorted their squad out. Hearts were down there purely because of a -15 point disadvantage in the Premier the season before and would've had enough points to not be relegated if it wasn't for the -15. We were essentially still a Premier club but because of that disadvantage, we found ourselves in the Championship, something that so many forget. Not bad considering we had to play a lot of younger players and relied on the experienced ones that were there. for me we were always going straight back up as we had changed hands, the feel-good factor had returned. Rangers 2012 weren't quite ready, proven by their play-off games against Motherwell  and Hibs were all over the place. 

Finished third in the Premier when we got back up and although it was a great finish, Celtic were so far ahead of anyone and Aberdeen were the only threat so, maybe wasn't such a surprise. Still struggled to win against St Johnstone though and dropped quite a few points late in games through negative substitutions, the start of a long road of what was to come.

Neilson will get us out of this division by the skin of our teeth. Unfortunately we'll be going back into a League where Rangers 2012 are strong, and will strengthen, Celtic will have a new manager and new players, Hibs are steadier now than they've been in decades, Aberdeen will be there or there-abouts with a few new players, St Mirren have weirdly got stronger, Livingston went through a 14-game unbeaten run, St Johnstone has steadied the ship since Wright went, Hamilton know how to avoid relegation, it's what they're best at, that leaves Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee Utd. If we don't sign a few top quality players we will be in a relegation dog-fight and our signing policy leaves a lot to be desired. Can Neilson be relied upon to get these players? Time will tell. However, if we don't sign quality and carry on like we have the last few years then we've a very long hard season ahead of us.

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Doesn't matter what folk think of Neilson. 

He did exceptionally well in the Championship with our only two threats from Rangers 2012 who'd just been promoted from League 1 and Hibs proving by two play-offs with Hamilton to be not good enough for the Premier. They were always going to be there for a couple of years til they sorted their squad out. Hearts were down there purely because of a -15 point disadvantage in the Premier the season before and would've had enough points to not be relegated if it wasn't for the -15. We were essentially still a Premier club but because of that disadvantage, we found ourselves in the Championship, something that so many forget. Not bad considering we had to play a lot of younger players and relied on the experienced ones that were there. for me we were always going straight back up as we had changed hands, the feel-good factor had returned. Rangers 2012 weren't quite ready, proven by their play-off games against Motherwell  and Hibs were all over the place. 

Finished third in the Premier when we got back up and although it was a great finish, Celtic were so far ahead of anyone and Aberdeen were the only threat so, maybe wasn't such a surprise. Still struggled to win against St Johnstone though and dropped quite a few points late in games through negative substitutions, the start of a long road of what was to come.

Neilson will get us out of this division by the skin of our teeth. Unfortunately we'll be going back into a League where Rangers 2012 are strong, and will strengthen, Celtic will have a new manager and new players, Hibs are steadier now than they've been in decades, Aberdeen will be there or there-abouts with a few new players, St Mirren have weirdly got stronger, Livingston went through a 14-game unbeaten run, St Johnstone has steadied the ship since Wright went, Hamilton know how to avoid relegation, it's what they're best at, that leaves Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee Utd. If we don't sign a few top quality players we will be in a relegation dog-fight and our signing policy leaves a lot to be desired. Can Neilson be relied upon to get these players? Time will tell. However, if we don't sign quality and carry on like we have the last few years then we've a very long hard season ahead of us.

Where's this skin of our tweet nonsense coming from!!

Any sensible analysis suggests that 2nd place Raith approximately need another 7 games to reach our current point total... We are miles clear and potentially only other 2 wins away from reaching the points total that wins us the League!!!

Your above post is some of the most ungracious, revisionist Anti-Neilson drivel I've ever read.