Jordan Roberts

HamishMcGonagall

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Where's this skin of our tweet nonsense coming from!!

Any sensible analysis suggests that 2nd place Raith approximately need another 7 games to reach our current point total... We are miles clear and potentially only other 2 wins away from reaching the points total that wins us the League!!!

Your above post is some of the most ungracious, revisionist Anti-Neilson drivel I've ever read.

The skin of the teeth comment was that pre-Q.0.S, when Neilson was interviewed, it was pointed out to him that 3 points here would take us 15 ahead. That's about 4 games ago now. Since then the gaps been closing, thankfully not by too much as others have dropped points as well. My point is if we keep dropping points and someone else does go on a winning run then the gap will keep closing until the end of the season. Pretty straight forward. We will still go up but not by as many points as we could've expected pre-Q.O.S.

I hope you're right about 2 wins. A couple of more will relieve any potential nervousness within the team, i already said similar (earlier on this thread or another, can't be bothered checking). Until the points are in the bag though there's always the potential for teams to catch up, terrible if you have to watch your back and hope others will drop points. I'd much rather we went out and attacked teams, showed some spark that will give us optimism for next season and not even think of the shite that's behind us. Two wins more and it's all but over. It's getting that two wins that seems to be the trouble. 

You're point on Neilson...i voted for him to stay and get us up, hardly anti-Neilson. I am however concerned that we could struggle next season purely on the quality of signings we seem to attract. Five years of pish-poor quality does that. So, do we go out and show we are to be taken seriously or do we go back into the transfer market pound shop and sign similar to what we already have? 

On your last sentence.....yup, Premier League clubs improving and steadying is sooo anti-Neilson. It's all his fault....Robbie oot! 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• David McCaig

• Cruyff

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The skin of the teeth comment was that pre-Q.0.S, when Neilson was interviewed, it was pointed out to him that 3 points here would take us 15 ahead. That's about 4 games ago now. Since then the gaps been closing, thankfully not by too much as others have dropped points as well. My point is if we keep dropping points and someone else does go on a winning run then the gap will keep closing until the end of the season. Pretty straight forward. We will still go up but not by as many points as we could've expected pre-Q.O.S.

I hope you're right about 2 wins. A couple of more will relieve any potential nervousness within the team, i already said similar (earlier on this thread or another, can't be bothered checking). Until the points are in the bag though there's always the potential for teams to catch up, terrible if you have to watch your back and hope others will drop points. I'd much rather we went out and attacked teams, showed some spark that will give us optimism for next season and not even think of the shite that's behind us. Two wins more and it's all but over. It's getting that two wins that seems to be the trouble. 

You're point on Neilson...i voted for him to stay and get us up, hardly anti-Neilson. I am however concerned that we could struggle next season purely on the quality of signings we seem to attract. Five years of pish-poor quality does that. So, do we go out and show we are to be taken seriously or do we go back into the transfer market pound shop and sign similar to what we already have? 

On your last sentence.....yup, Premier League clubs improving and steadying is sooo anti-Neilson. It's all his fault....Robbie oot! 

Signings under Robbie

Gordon - Definitely SPL standard

Kingsley - Definitely SPL standard

GMS - Definitely SPL standard

Ginnelley - Definitely SPL standard

McEneff. - Definitely SPL standard

Halliday - SPL standard

Gnanduillet - jury’s out but excellent record at L1 level in England, already scored and created goals

Roberts - Jury’s out, but showing well at Motherwell on loan

Popescu - Shite

Frear - Shite but only on a 12 month deal

Kastaneer - Shite but only here on loan

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

It was definitely this. We have some of the worst fans in football. 

Personally I’d say we have some of the best fans in the world. But then I’m biased.

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Signings under Robbie

Halliday - SPL standard

Gnanduillet - jury’s out but excellent record at L1 level in England, already scored and created goals

Popescu - Shite

Then why are we struggling to beat most teams in a lower league?

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Signings under Robbie

Halliday - SPL standard

Popescu - Shite

I don't disagree with the SPL standard you highlight, well some of them, but we're going to need at least five or six top quality players to integrate with the better ones like i say, IF we're to be taken seriously. If we shop in pound-land yet again we're in for more Frears, Gnanduillets, Kastaneers and Popescus and that's not going to help us challenge up there.

Gordon...yes, Kingsley, possibly and a player i like, GMS yes, proved it before, Ginelly, injury problems will decide, McEneff  unproven at that level but great potential, Halliday...not if you go by what fans think of his contributions, Gnanduillet...meh, needs to up his workrate but fine in low level football, Roberts, anyone's guess, Popescu, i think Neilson likes him no matter what us fans think, in the Premier though....?, Frear, yup, shouldn't have even been signed, Kastaneer, just another in a long line of loanees who arrive and contribute little. 

Still need higher quality in most areas of the team though despite who is or isn't SPL standard. Right-back, two defenders, a striker, attacking midfielder to start with. Another big re-build needed, especially defensively. We're furked if not.

9 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Then why are we struggling to beat most teams in a lower league?

As Jordan Roberts is showing at Motherwell our squad is probably far better suited to the Premiership than the Championship.

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

this is the Roberts thread. For those who want to bicker about Neilson- there are plenty of threads available.

Roberts started off ok then fell away. The loan to Motherwell will tell us a lot (if he gets games) and if he's good enough at Premier level. Of what i saw of him against Hibs, he looked up for it (sure as a Hearts player he will be well drilled in showing Hibs up for what they are) so it will be more interesting to see what he can do against the rest.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Roberts started off ok then fell away. The loan to Motherwell will tell us a lot (if he gets games) and if he's good enough at Premier level. Of what i saw of him against Hibs, he looked up for it (sure as a Hearts player he will be well drilled in showing Hibs up for what they are) so it will be more interesting to see what he can do against the rest.

Roberts had a groin problem he just couldn't shake off prior to Xmas... His displays at Motherwell now he's fit again suggest he probably deserves some slack.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Roberts had a groin problem he just couldn't shake off prior to Xmas... His displays at Motherwell now he's fit again suggest he probably deserves some slack.

Well, he's got the chance to show what he's got so let's hope he can prove any doubters wrong. 

kingantti1874
35 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Signings under Robbie

Halliday - SPL standard

Popescu - Shite

So why are we not playing to SPL standard Dave? 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So why are we not playing to SPL standard Dave? 

We did against Hibs and Celtic.

The Championship is a slog with teams raising their game and getting men behind the ball.

15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As Jordan Roberts is showing at Motherwell our squad is probably far better suited to the Premiership than the Championship.

What a lot of utter pish!!! 😂😂😂

Better suited to the premiership let’s wait and see then eh. If some of these clowns are still in the team next season then we are coming straight back down. I could see us not winning a single game away from home next season if it’s this group of players and the same tactics. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Let's see how he fares over time before we can properly debate his contributions in maroon and his potential.

I'm joking of course. This is Kickback. 

If you don't play well immediately you need to score a winner in the Derby otherwise we'll turn on you in seconds. 

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Personally I’d say we have some of the best fans in the world. But then I’m biased.

We have some of the best too. They're just a lot quieter. 

5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Signings under Robbie

Halliday - SPL standard

Popescu - Shite

HALLIDAY SPL STANDARD, What games are you watching the mans honking and always has been.

5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Signings under Robbie

Halliday - SPL standard

Popescu - Shite

Halliday is hopeless not even championship standard 

4 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

What a lot of utter pish!!! 😂😂😂

Better suited to the premiership let’s wait and see then eh. If some of these clowns are still in the team next season then we are coming straight back down. I could see us not winning a single game away from home next season if it’s this group of players and the same tactics. 

The problem is the tactics we are so predictable to play against. Playing  with wingers when your full backs don’t support is a waste of time. 
We are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland so in theory we should not have Neilson as our manager. 
Why Anne why ?

Niemi’s gloves
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Christ, he beat the Hibs boy for pace, hit it right at the keeper and fortunately it goes through his legs. The assist is a bad first touch and a two yard pass inside. :lol: 

Don’t knock the two yard pass in the box that sets up a team mate with a clear goal scoring opportunity. It’s called “making the right decision in the box” or “picking the right pass” etc etc, all the sort of thing managers bemoan the lack of when teams don’t score. 

5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

The problem is the tactics we are so predictable to play against. Playing  with wingers when your full backs don’t support is a waste of time. 
We are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland so in theory we should not have Neilson as our manager. 
Why Anne why ?

Spot on this looser continues week after week with rubbish tactic's not the best team from our resources and a horrible team set up, one striker don't get me started. 

Robbie please walk 

Glamorgan Jambo

Did anyone notice whether Roberts was playing as a winger or more through the middle yesterday? Far from convinced he’s a ‘pacey winger’. Which we should have known before signing him.

Anyway delighted he’s doing well. He either plays himself back into our plans or puts himself in the shop window if we don’t want him next season. 

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Did anyone notice whether Roberts was playing as a winger or more through the middle yesterday? Far from convinced he’s a ‘pacey winger’. Which we should have known before signing him.

Anyway delighted he’s doing well. He either plays himself back into our plans or puts himself in the shop window if we don’t want him next season. 

Based on the highlights he was very much on the wing. Looked good. Pretty much beat The Flumps single handed, with one goal and an assist. We should try to sign him ...

• 3 weeks later...

He's been murder for us so far, but I think mainly because it looks like he'd do his best work running in behind teams.  He's not really got a trick to go past players it would appear.

Could be more use in games where there's not 11 players in front of him when he gets the ball

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

He's been murder for us so far, but I think mainly because it looks like he'd do his best work running in behind teams.  He's not really got a trick to go past players it would appear.

Could be more use in games where there's not 11 players in front of him when he gets the ball

I think this can be said about a lot of our players tbh

SomethingAboutObua

Genuinely one of the worst signings we've made of the Budge era when he started. If he's doing well at 'Well then I'm happy and he can come back to us as a decent player. Loan system working out for us there.

There's dozens of threads on Neilson, Neilson's signing policy, our transfers in and out, our style of play, our form, I'm not a huge Neilson fan but come on at least try and keep things in their threads. Maybe mods need to start a thread to make it clear.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think this can be said about a lot of our players tbh

Absolutely.  And we're going to encounter the same in the Premiership.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Absolutely.  And we're going to encounter the same in the Premiership.

I would think and hope most teams in the premier league will actually try and beat us. 

Pasquale for King

I think the difference with Roberts is that Motherwell are playing with a front three, not wingers and a striker. The three strikers interchange a bit, something like Liverpool with guys that can all drop in or go in behind.
I think can all agree that Roberts is not a winger. 

davemclaren

If he comes back a ‘better’ player then it’s a win win for us imo regardless of whether we intend to play him or move him on. 

indianajones
2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Genuinely one of the worst signings we've made of the Budge era when he started. If he's doing well at 'Well then I'm happy and he can come back to us as a decent player. Loan system working out for us there.

There's dozens of threads on Neilson, Neilson's signing policy, our transfers in and out, our style of play, our form, I'm not a huge Neilson fan but come on at least try and keep things in their threads. Maybe mods need to start a thread to make it clear.

Not even close. 

Jambof3tornado
On 28/02/2021 at 14:45, David McCaig said:

We did against Hibs and Celtic.

The Championship is a slog with teams raising their game and getting men behind the ball.

Do lower level top flight teams not do the same though?

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Do lower level top flight teams not do the same though?

Not to the same extent.  Championship clubs have clearly seen the Hearts match as their Cup final this season... I think Rangers and Celtic take on that role in the Premiership.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the difference with Roberts is that Motherwell are playing with a front three, not wingers and a striker. The three strikers interchange a bit, something like Liverpool with guys that can all drop in or go in behind.
I think can all agree that Roberts is not a winger. 

Maybe they'll make an offer. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe they'll make an offer. 

I’m sure we would be happy for him to move there with no fuss. He will then go onto make them £500k in a move to the English championship. 

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I could just about name a worse 11 😏

Rckon I could name 11 just from Budge era! (not a go at Ann but just timescale wise)

Top of list Lenny Sowah!

5 hours ago, Diego10 said:

You think Robbie might've realised this when getting him 🙄

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Rckon I could name 11 just from Budge era! (not a go at Ann but just timescale wise)

Top of list Lenny Sowah!

Perriera has to be at the top

We wasn't doing it for us, now he's doing it in the league we'll be in next season. Either we have a look at him in pre-season and decide to loan him out again or we gain a player who can make an impact. There's no downside whatsoever 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Perriera has to be at the top

Nevermind the Budge era, Perriera is the worst player I've ever seen play for Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nevermind the Budge era, Perriera is the worst player I've ever seen play for Hearts.

Osh is my worse. 

Probably as he came with a reputation, a International, played in a wc v Messi etc, had other interest. 

His best game was one where he gave away a goal, miss controlled when on a 1v1 and got Sent off. 

That was his best game. 

That benusis guy up front as well was like a guy from the crowd had won a raffle to play in the team for an afternoon. 

**** me. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Osh is my worse. 

Probably as he came with a reputation, a International, played in a wc v Messi etc, had other interest. 

His best game was one where he gave away a goal, miss controlled when on a 1v1 and got Sent off. 

That was his best game. 

That benusis guy up front as well was like a guy from the crowd had won a raffle to play in the team for an afternoon. 

**** me. 

Perreira's my all time worse simply for the massive damage he did and the fact he couldn't do the most basic things a goalie has to know how to do. When someone like Stendel praises him for his kicking you know modern football has ruined what a goalie is supposed to be.

Oshaniwa actually contributed to a good start to the season when he joined. Beniuseless was just the one horrible game as I remember it.