Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There's zero enjoyment in watching Hearts these days.

More of a punishment if anything. 

A Bit like reading your posts. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re welcome Mitch. These things do tend to get outdated and irrelevant fairly quickly. FWIW my opinion hasn’t changed. He’s achieved his target and gets to start next season. I just hope he gets the squad assembled in the summer, ready and motivated for next season. 

Like asking me to conduct an orchestra.  Neilson's success can only come from acquiring players (musicians) already generally accomplished : Gordon.  Even then he has scope  to fail to find a system/shape that suits the players. We have already seen that with 4231 when he thinks its just a case of putting them on the park Inter changing Roberts, Frear, Kasteneer, Walker etc.  He turns up for coaching as do.the players. This is not coaching/developing players so that we see incremental improvement. Fans watch with bewilderment that we cannot cross a ball to s 6 foot 4 striker.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In the recent past Ask Utd, Hibs, rangers, dundee and to a lesser extent Partick and Falkirk how having a big Budget and getting promoted first time worked out. 

Not sure what your point is. My point is that the players and manager are doing the bare minimum of what is expected of them. Personally I don't think that is enough, and watching from a sofa really brings it home (pardon the pun) how unexciting it is to be an Hearts fan ATM...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Not sure what your point is. My point is that the players and manager are doing the bare minimum of what is expected of them. Personally I don't think that is enough, and watching from a sofa really brings it home (pardon the pun) how unexciting it is to be an Hearts fan ATM...

My point is- not every manager despite a big Budget gets promoted, never mind pisses the league. 

So your any manager comment is of the mark imo and just another way to downplay any achievements or success we have under Robbie. 

Agree reference sofa watching, and good pun. 👌

All the Hibs trolls are gone. Why would you continue when the yams are 16 clear? These are Hearts fans yet they are getting trolled by **** knows what now. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Like asking me to conduct an orchestra.  Neilson's success can only come from acquiring players (musicians) already generally accomplished : Gordon.  Even then he has scope  to fail to find a system/shape that suits the players. We have already seen that with 4231 when he thinks its just a case of putting them on the park Inter changing Roberts, Frear, Kasteneer, Walker etc.  He turns up for coaching as do.the players. This is not coaching/developing players so that we see incremental improvement. Fans watch with bewilderment that we cannot cross a ball to s 6 foot 4 striker.

Saturday was one of the worst I’ve seen. The whole side was just so deep and both strikers falling to the halfway line looking for the ball. It was an absolute mess, was by his instructions imo and a real disappointment considering we looked more of an attacking force since switching to the diamond. Two weeks of the new formation and he’s looking for ways to make it more cautious. Against Arbroath ffs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Me too. Sadly, Shan Budge didn’t like home truths about the shambles she’s in charge of

She probably wasn't impressed with the further nose dive down the table as we were firmly rooted bottom under him. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Saturday was one of the worst I’ve seen. The whole side was just so deep and both strikers falling to the halfway line looking for the ball. It was an absolute mess, was by his instructions imo and a real disappointment considering we looked more of an attacking force since switching to the diamond. Two weeks of the new formation and he’s looking for ways to make it more cautious. Against Arbroath ffs. 

A diamond because he doesn't have Ginnelly (admittedly unlucky) or Roberts or Frear and GMS is too ****en past it to play as a genuine winger. If he had Ginnelly, his one true option out of 5,  surely he would play 433 and a lot of the improvement would come naturally through the players themselves

Edited by Riccarton3

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My point is- not every manager despite a big Budget gets promoted, never mind pisses the league. 

So your any manager comment is of the mark imo and just another way to downplay any achievements or success we have under Robbie. 

Agree reference sofa watching, and good pun. 👌

Ok right, well Rangers were blocked by us also being there and messing up a playoff with Motherwell. Hibs were blocked by first us and then Rangers, and also messed up a playoff. United I never really kept an eye upon but as I remember they had an ownership change whilst down and swapped managers too. I don't recall anything about Falkirk and Partick having big budgets but I doubt if the advantage was comparable with the budget advantage we've had this season...

We've contrived to share the points more or less with all the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and benefitted from the other 9 clubs all slitting each others throats plus Raith and Dunfermline having Covid issues. 

I get that we are sitting pretty at the top of the league and will be promoted, but I'm just so unexcited about where we are and also not exactly convinced by where we are going right now...

I've said it previously, that my opinion is that we are still suffering from the high-basic wage pay structure that most of the squad will still be on. It means even those not playing are fine about it, and won't be knocking on the manager's door wanting to play. It must have been a problem or it wouldn't have been identified as being a problem...and that problem can only be the structure's effect on motivation. Thus it is still extant and is far from being "fixed" as only new players since last summer will be on performance contracts.

I also strongly suspect it was Stendel who would've pointed out to Budge that the pay structure was all wrong for a performance sport.

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She probably wasn't impressed with the further nose dive down the table as we were firmly rooted bottom under him. 

Stendel was well and truly thrown into a shit storm of her and Leveins making.. 

20 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

A diamond because he doesn't have Ginnelly or Roberts or Frear and GMS is too ****en past it to play ax a genuine winger. If he had Ginnelly, his one true option out of 5,  surely to **** he would play 433

As I’ve posted before, he said in the EEN a couple of months ago he reckoned 4-3-3 was the best formation for the players at the club (not verbatim but words to that effect). If I’m honest, you could play just about any formation in an overly cautious way. I was delighted when we switched to two up front because with one, Boyce was always dropping deep, now both of them are dropping deep. Similarly in the two homes games (Dundee and Ayr) McEneff and particularly Halliday looked good pushing into the opposition box but on Saturday they barely got near the danger area. Add to that the fact that GMS was as good as a man short. 

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As I’ve posted before, he said in the EEN a couple of months ago he reckoned 4-3-3 was the best formation for the players at the club (not verbatim but words to that effect). If I’m honest, you could play just about and formation in an overly cautious way. I was delighted when we switched to two up front because with one, Boyce was always dropping deep, now both of them are dropping deep. Similarly in the two homes games (Dundee and Ayr) McEneff and particularly Halliday looked good pushing into the opposition box but on Saturday they barely got near the danger area. Add to that the fact that GMS was as good as a man short. 

He is far too cautious...always has been. Too scared on conceding goals rather than trying to score them. I think he puts the shackles on players, doesn't let them express themselves and play with any kind of freedom. 

Greedy Jambo
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many months did Stendel get? and how many games were left?

Yet you're happy to give Neilson 2 full seasons to get it right. 

Seems fair. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How many months did Stendel get? and how many games were left?

Yet you're happy to give Neilson 2 full seasons to get it right. 

Seems fair. 

He's got it right, now. 

So he'll get more time. 

Not rocket science. 

I also would have backed Stendel as well this season, so yes that is fair. 

The exact definition of fair. 

Unlike yourself who would have backed Stendel in our exact position just now, but Continue to be the poster boy for snotters, tears and slavering posts because you don't like Robbie. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Stendel was well and truly thrown into a shit storm of her and Leveins making.. 

It was, it wasn't bottom tho. 

We then dropped to bottom under him, a simple fact. 

What could've been? - no one knows. 

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's got it right, now. 

So he'll get more time. 

Not rocket science. 

I also would have backed Stendel as well this season, so yes that is fair. 

The exact definition of fair. 

Unlike yourself who would have backed Stendel in our exact position just now, but Continue to be the poster boy for snotters, tears and slavering posts because you don't like Robbie. 

Wrong.

If we were playing absolute guff football under Stendel just now with no signs of improvement / struggling to beat teams like Arbroath, i'd be of the same opinion of him as i am of Neilson. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ok right, well Rangers were blocked by us also being there and messing up a playoff with Motherwell. Hibs were blocked by first us and then Rangers, and also messed up a playoff. United I never really kept an eye upon but as I remember they had an ownership change whilst down and swapped managers too. I don't recall anything about Falkirk and Partick having big budgets but I doubt if the advantage was comparable with the budget advantage we've had this season...

We've contrived to share the points more or less with all the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and benefitted from the other 9 clubs all slitting each others throats plus Raith and Dunfermline having Covid issues. 

I get that we are sitting pretty at the top of the league and will be promoted, but I'm just so unexcited about where we are and also not exactly convinced by where we are going right now...

I've said it previously, that my opinion is that we are still suffering from the high-basic wage pay structure that most of the squad will still be on. It means even those not playing are fine about it, and won't be knocking on the manager's door wanting to play. It must have been a problem or it wouldn't have been identified as being a problem...and that problem can only be the structure's effect on motivation. Thus it is still extant and is far from being "fixed" as only new players since last summer will be on performance contracts.

I also strongly suspect it was Stendel who would've pointed out to Budge that the pay structure was all wrong for a performance sport.

Again, anything to somehow play down Robbie and how hard other teams have found it despite a big budget. 

Your other concerns are real, fair enough but he's more than fulfilling his remit and has us moving forward again. 

Folk should get on board, no doubt things will go wrong at some point, why start the depression a year or two early. 

Enjoy pissing promotion, look forward to getting back to the games in the top flight. 

The alternative is being the prophet of doom and as some are, actively hoping we fail just so they can be right about Robbie. 

I know what train I'm on. 

Onwards to promotion, sc is up next. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Wrong.

If we were playing absolute guff football under Stendel just now with no signs of improvement / struggling to beat teams like Arbroath, i'd be of the same opinion of him as i am of Neilson. 

Sure you would. 

And if you did want Stendel gone while we were top like we are now then maybe I was wrong, it's not personal against Robbie, you're just a bit clueless imo-fair enough. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Sure you would. 

And if you did want Stendel gone while we were top like we are now then maybe I was wrong, it's not personal against Robbie, you're just a bit clueless ino-fair enough. 

Put it this way, do you think Craig Levein would have had us any worse off this season?

Robbie isn't any better than him and neither are good enough imo. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Put it this way, do you think Craig Levein would have had us any worse off this season?

Robbie isn't any better than him and neither are good enough imo. 

Time will tell. 

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell. 

Aye it will, and you'll be wrong again, and round and round we go. 

Wrong.

When was the last game you watched greedy?

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

When was the last game you watched greedy?

Why? are you suggesting they've been thrilling affairs and i don't know what i'm talking about? or is the hobo theme again?

I watched the last one that was live on the bbc after telling myself i shouldn't. 

I can't even remember who it was against, that's how memorable it was. 

I've stayed up to date with match reports and match day threads, not sure why.

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Let's be honest with the budget we have any of the 10 managers in the Championship could have got us promoted. I'd even go as far as to say that some of the people on here could've got us promoted this season if they'd been handed the job! The only way to judge Neilson so far is on signings and style, and I cannot say I'm overwhelmed on either score so far...I'm content to give him the summer and see how things go next season, but at the moment Hearts don't excite me at all, and it is made worse by watching it on TV from a sofa...

Don't blame me......this!

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Again, anything to somehow play down Robbie and how hard other teams have found it despite a big budget. 

Your other concerns are real, fair enough but he's more than fulfilling his remit and has us moving forward again. 

Folk should get on board, no doubt things will go wrong at some point, why start the depression a year or two early. 

Enjoy pissing promotion, look forward to getting back to the games in the top flight. 

The alternative is being the prophet of doom and as some are, actively hoping we fail just so they can be right about Robbie. 

I know what train I'm on. 

Onwards to promotion, sc is up next. 

Come on - We are the only "top" team in the Championship. The rest are so average that Raith, who didn't quite win promotion from League 1 are up there challenging for second place...

I'm not anti-Neilson. I want him to succeed, but as I said above both he and the squad are sleepwalkiing to the title. I actually have sympathy for Neilson - must be a nightmare trying to motivate our players when most get their wages whatever happens and are thus on autopliot...

I just hope Neilson finds a way for next season, but what is clear is that we are not currently ready for the SPL.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I just hope Neilson finds a way for next season, but what is clear is that we are not currently ready for the SPL.

This, in spades. 

Greedy Jambo

Don't worry lads, the revolving door will spin once more. 

Players in players out and the same old guff served up by a manager that bought his coaching badges off ebay. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye it will, and you'll be wrong again, and round and round we go. 

I'm not saying Robbie will be great or shite.

I'm saying he has us on for Promotion and based on last time has a good a chance as any of making us a top side again and on promotion he deserves a chance to manage us in the top flight.

You can't guarantee another manager will succeed  or do any better than Robbie has done so far or will do. That is impossible.

So as far from being wrong or right, maybe you need to ask yourself what is important, Hearts doing well or being right so you can brag on JKB like a  billy big bawz.

I'd rather be wrong 100 times  backing the manager and team than correct once backing and chapping at the bit for  the manager and team to fail.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Why? are you suggesting they've been thrilling affairs and i don't know what i'm talking about? or is the hobo theme again?

I watched the last one that was live on the bbc after telling myself i shouldn't. 

Are you not even a ST holder?

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are you not even a ST holder?

Oh hell no. 

Not paying to watch that shite. 

40 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So you only watch Hearts whenever they’re on BBC on a Friday night? I’ll stick with saying you’re Hibs. Won’t say hobo, that’s childish. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, DS98 said:

So you only watch Hearts whenever they’re on BBC on a Friday night? I’ll stick with saying you’re Hibs. Won’t say hobo, that’s childish. 

I almost stopped watching them altogether a few months back. 

I think it's absolutely criminal the return the fans get from the money they put in. 

I've had season tickets in the past, had a direct debit set up for FOH as well. Cancelled it. 

My old man has put a hell of a lot more in than i have and he's cancelled his too. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Oh hell no. 

Not paying to watch that shite. 

****ing hell.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing hell.

Whether you like it or not, there will be a lot of people like me. 

Supported Hearts since i was 8. 

You just need to look at how many people turned out to watch the bus parade when we won the cup to know how much money we were already losing out on, and it's now getting worse due to the product on the park and shit show behind the scenes. 

I'm sure we beat the number of people at the champions league final that day.

Greedy Jambo

My point is, there's at least 200,000 Hearts supporters and about 8000 season tick holders. 

Robbie Neilson isn't doing the club any favours. 

It doesn't help when 8/10 games live on the bbc are kin dreadful. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Bazzas right boot

Whether you like it or not, there will be a lot of people like me. 

Supported Hearts since i was 8. 

You just need to look at how many people turned out to watch the bus parade when we won the cup to know how much money we were already losing out on, and it's now getting worse due to the product on the park and shit show behind the scenes. 

I'm sure we beat the number of people at the champions league final that day.

dinnae worry m8, we'll keep the engine running.

You take your time, come back when the incline takes you.

Don't worry about a thing.

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. All Hearts managers are ever tasked with is being 3rd or 4th with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget...Our managers are not exactly under the same pressure that Chelsea managers face!

Sure, except that's clearly no true.  Neilson finished 3rd, and got a plane flown. 

Fans expectations, not just at Hearts but everywhere, are always more unless they're winning every week.  There's plenty Hibs fans would get rid of Jack Ross for the same perceived problem as Neilson, despite them heading for 3rd for about the 5th time in 45 years.  Aberdeen fans were delighted to see the back of McInnes.

I'm making no argument for the style of play having been good this season, largely it's been turgid.  But all he could do this season is won the league at first time off asking and put in a decent showing in the cups.  He's fulfilled that and no reasonable chairperson is sacking anyone for that.

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

dinnae worry m8, we'll keep the engine running.

You take your time, come back when the incline takes you.

Don't worry about a thing.

It's no an engine we need, it's a hair dryer. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This, in spades. 

Just out of interest, do people ‘in real life’ actually say ‘in spades’?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Just out of interest, do people ‘in real life’ actually say ‘in spades’?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Tosh should use it more when he's digging another hole. 

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Cue Morgan, telling me that Hair dryer is all one word. 

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think that ‘hairdryer’ is all one word.

😆

2 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Sure, except that's clearly no true.  Neilson finished 3rd, and got a plane flown. 

Fans expectations, not just at Hearts but everywhere, are always more unless they're winning every week.  There's plenty Hibs fans would get rid of Jack Ross for the same perceived problem as Neilson, despite them heading for 3rd for about the 5th time in 45 years.  Aberdeen fans were delighted to see the back of McInnes.

I'm making no argument for the style of play having been good this season, largely it's been turgid.  But all he could do this season is won the league at first time off asking and put in a decent showing in the cups.  He's fulfilled that and no reasonable chairperson is sacking anyone for that.

I was talking about what the owner/chairperson sets as the manager's target. 

Something happened to Robbie after winning the Championship last time. He suddenly started saying that the style and the players who were good enough for the Championship were not right for the SPL. Suddenly we stopped trying to score a second and started holding on for 1-0s instead if we took a lead. We began to draw matches much more. It was like he suddenly became timid and defence-minded...Perhaps it is natural for an ex-defender? Perhaps ex-strikers are too cavalier and ex-defenders are too cautious - perhaps we should only have ex-midfielders as managers?

I don't know...All I do know is that I'm bored watching our games this season, and I expect to be bored watching Hearts next season too...

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I almost stopped watching them altogether a few months back. 

I think it's absolutely criminal the return the fans get from the money they put in. 

I've had season tickets in the past, had a direct debit set up for FOH as well. Cancelled it. 

My old man has put a hell of a lot more in than i have and he's cancelled his too. 

Sorry to hear that. 

Always thought it was strange what comes up on your bank statement when the FOH direct debit comes out. What does it say again? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I was talking about what the owner/chairperson sets as the manager's target. 

Something happened to Robbie after winning the Championship last time. He suddenly started saying that the style and the players who were good enough for the Championship were not right for the SPL. Suddenly we stopped trying to score a second and started holding on for 1-0s instead if we took a lead. We began to draw matches much more. It was like he suddenly became timid and defence-minded...Perhaps it is natural for an ex-defender? Perhaps ex-strikers are too cavalier and ex-defenders are too cautious - perhaps we should only have ex-midfielders as managers?

I don't know...All I do know is that I'm bored watching our games this season, and I expect to be bored watching Hearts next season too...

If he ever had any grasp of modern tactics (and I’m not convinced) then he’s lost it completely. Rather than going for a fresh, interesting option we went for the most boring option out there, with the possible exception of Levein (who will probably end up returning as caretaker at some stage anyway).

Ann seems happy to exist in the twilight zone. I guess when you’re taking the fans’ coin like she is and the money’s rolling in, where’s the pressure?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)