Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

The league table would beg to differ that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. We are 16 points ahead of 2nd place who are closer to bottom of the league than the top. Pesky facts getting in the way....

9A75BD6E-D794-43ED-97FD-09482630260A.jpeg

It’s Hearts we’re talking about not Auchentoshen United. These teams we’re toiling to beat or at least play some good football are total mince. We’ve dropped points against all but one team and it’s not good enough. Watching Hearts toil against these teams make your eyes bleed. We’re not a team we’re a shambles Neilson and co. need to be emptied.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think we've pissed the league without breaking a sweat. 

I'm Quietly confident about next season. 

How do you think we'll fare in the weather though with all our silky, international footballers ?

Could be a problem in the winter months don't you think ? 

Here's hoping Hearts get off to a good start 'cause Neilson clearly has a problem with heavy pitches/bumpy pitches/12mph winds. Maybe Scottish football isn't for him. 

"Quietly confident" ...

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How do you think we'll fare in the weather though with all our silky, international footballers ?

Could be a problem in the winter months don't you think ? 

Here's hoping Hearts get off to a good start 'cause Neilson clearly has a problem with heavy pitches/bumpy pitches/12mph winds. Maybe Scottish football isn't for him. 

"Quietly confident" ...

Cool story. 

I'm Quietly confident about next season. 

What is this confidence based on?

Neilson getting the best out of his squad?

Neilson improving players?

Neilson bringing through youngsters?

Our enthralling style of play?

Neilson signing another 5 wingers?

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Promotion= no where?

Where do you want to go from the championship?

Where do you see us finishing in the league next season?? 

sandylejambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, it's shite winning games, pissing promotion and going on unbeaten runs. 

Absolute shite. 

I am dead serious when asking this question, are you Ann budge?

Smith and AN Other for right back, Kingsley and AN Other for left back 

Hallkett and AN Other for right centre back, 2 AN Others for left Centre back

out of midfield there’s only   McEneff, McGill, Walker & Irving (if he stays) I’d keep so another 3 at least.

Winger Ginnally is only good enough so we’d need 2 wingers

and that leaves strikers Boyce and Gnanduilet are not enough 3 more strikers needed

the Keepers are fine for now so that leaves Soapy who we can only judge when he’s fit and played at least 10 games.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Where do you see us finishing in the league next season?? 

Not below 5th.

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If folk change their mind either way after a 0-0 draw then they need to reflect on football and if it's for them.

If folk are happy with a 0-0 draw away to Arbroath maybe they need to reflect on football and it being for them. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson getting the best out of his squad?

Neilson improving players?

Neilson bringing through youngsters?

Our enthralling style of play?

Neilson signing another 5 wingers?

Nah its based on-

Us pissing  this league. 

Already matched hibs and celtic this season in games. 

Robbie has done it before. 

Pretty solid base Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

If folk are happy with a 0-0 draw away to Arbroath maybe they need to reflect on football and it being for them. 

Who was happy with 0-0 v Arbroath? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

You apparently. 

I never said that. 

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah its based on-

Us pissing  this league. 

Already matched hibs and celtic this season in games. 

Robbie has done it before. 

Pretty solid base Tbh. 

So you really have nothing apart from 2 displays in cups (forgetting that we failed to turn up for 45mins in each of these games.), remember the league Cup?

Pissing this league with performances should have been a given this season, Robbie forgot about the performances.

We have a squad who look lost on the park.

We have a squad who look like they are just going through the motions and doing the minimum.

We have new signings already pumped out to other clubs, and other signings getting splinters on their backside.

We have a very large disgruntled support.

We have a manager who thinks Ayr/Alloa/Dumfries/Arbroath etc are very hard places to go to (a worry when we move up a league).

We have no consistency, apart from performing poorly, with a squad of internationalists/ex internationalist and wannabee internationalists.

We can't seem to get 45mins from the team 2 games in a row.

Apart from our goalie, we have no one else to put forward as a player of the year.

We have a manager who has blamed pitches/weather/referees but never himself for the poor performances.

In a season in this league, with our resources and the opposition we were facing there should have been room to bring in some youngsters and give us hope for the future....we have nobody.

All the above in this tin pot league.

A solid base my erse.

Edited by Gambo

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It’s Hearts we’re talking about not Auchentoshen United. These teams we’re toiling to beat or at least play some good football are total mince. We’ve dropped points against all but one team and it’s not good enough. Watching Hearts toil against these teams make your eyes bleed. We’re not a team we’re a shambles Neilson and co. need to be emptied.

You sound like a broken record.

Every manager we get isn't good enough.  Hate to disappoint you but Pep isn't going to jump ship from Man City to join us.

Captain Sausage

The fact that Craig Gordon is a stick on to win POTY tells you what you need to know about this season. 

Utterly embarrassing from Neilson. 

Our squad is comically better than any of the competition and yet we’ve only won 4 games by >2 goals. We scrape through games, the football is about as poor as I’ve ever seen from a Hearts team and there’s not even the excuse of blooding in the youth players. 

All we have seen for the last 8 years is overpaid journeymen who get a massive wage to put in minimal effort. We are soft as shite and if wasn’t for having Hibs as our rivals, we would literally have nothing to enjoy since our last promotion. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

So you really have nothing apart from 2 displays in cups (forgetting that we failed to turn up for 45mins in each of these games.), remember the league Cup?

Pissing this league with performances should have been a given this season, Robbie forgot about the performances.

We have a squad who look lost on the park.

We have a squad who look like they are just going through the motions and doing the minimum.

We have new signings already pumped out to other clubs, and other signings getting splinters on their backside.

We have a very large disgruntled support.

We have a manager who thinks Ayr/Alloa/Dumfries/Arbroath etc are very hard places to go to (a worry when we move up a league).

We have no consistency, apart from performing poorly, with a squad of internationalists/ex internationalist and wannabee internationalists.

We can't seem to get 45mins from the team 2 games in a row.

Apart from our goalie, we have no one else to put forward as a player of the year.

We have a manager who has blamed pitches/weather/referees but never himself for the poor performances.

In a season in this league, with our resources and the opposition we were facing there should have been room to bring in some youngsters and give us hope for the future....we have nobody.

All the above in this tin pot league.

A solid base my erse.

All that is just opinion I stated facts.

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I find it impossible to sack a manger when he is top of the league, especially when we’re that far ahead. He’s doing what is required albeit in a bland way and I don’t feel the team has ‘clicked’ yet. Its hard to not understand fans concerns around RN and the squad.

I just want this league wrapped up as quickly as possible, so we can fully focus on the work for next season. We are going to need a lot of work to compete in the upper end of that  division, its a poor squad. 

We all want this league wrapped up as quickly as possible BUT draws against the likes of Arbroath are not getting us there. The only reason we are getting there is because the rest are even worse than us when they are not playing us.

alwaysthereinspirit

I’m not changing my mind. Keep.

I still remember 89/90 and Man Utd getting ready to fire Ferguson.

No I’m not saying Robbie is our Fergie but he’s certainly not our Moyes.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We all want this league wrapped up as quickly as possible BUT draws against the likes of Arbroath are not getting us there. The only reason we are getting there is because the rest are even worse than us when they are not playing us.

Just out of curiosity. Does winning the league quicker make us better even though the rest will still be worse than us when they are not playing us?

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Just out of curiosity. Does winning the league quicker make us better even though the rest will still be worse than us when they are not playing us?

I would suggest yes it does. Taking yesterday's game as an example had we been better and won we would not be one point better off but three and much nearer promotion.

Japan Jambo

Should be looking for his replacement now and pushing the button once we are promoted. While I understand the sentimentality of him having earned the chance I don't believe he has what it takes to takes us back to the top half of the table, I appreciate to some that will be incredibly harsh I really don't fancy another January rebuild.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would suggest yes it does. Taking yesterday's game as an example had we been better and won we would not be one point better off but three and much nearer promotion.

That’s not the point. If you think we’re crap then winning the league quicker won’t make us good. We have so called fans that believe we should just show up and win. Would they feel the same if Hearts just let the  @$$ cheeks win because of who they are, fan base, squad and budget? 
 Hearts will never win every game in a season. Ever.

The goal this year was promotion. That’s pretty much completed. 

Hearts will not play the same style next season as they won’t have the same players. All the talk of Robbie must go but not one “Hearts fan” naming the manager who will guarantee us success. 
This place is infested right now.

10 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That’s not the point. If you think we’re crap then winning the league quicker won’t make us good. We have so called fans that believe we should just show up and win. Would they feel the same if Hearts just let the  @$$ cheeks win because of who they are, fan base, squad and budget? 

Hearts will not play the same style next season as they won’t have the same players. All the talk of Robbie must go but not one “Hearts fan” naming the manager who will guarantee us success. 

It’s all sugar or all shite on this forum just now. Robbie has got the results to get us up but there are huge concerns that we can all see by just watching us play. Surely not one hearts fan can be entirely happy just now. 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You sound like a broken record.

Every manager we get isn't good enough.  Hate to disappoint you but Pep isn't going to jump ship from Man City to join us.

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s all sugar or all shite on this forum just now. Robbie has got the results to get us up but there are huge concerns that we can all see by just watching us play. Surely not one hearts fan can be entirely happy just now. 

That’s right when was the last time we had a good manager who managed to win a trophy......Sergio. And I don’t mean the Championship.

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'm going disagree with you on this. I think we're gonna playing with the majority of this team next season based on most have them have contracts beyond the end of this season. There will be minimal changes I suspect,  all those out of contract will get emptied, we'll operate with a smaller squad. My worry is that we're going to be subject the same players and same no style next season.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That’s right when was the last time we had a good manager who managed to win a trophy......Sergio. And I don’t mean the Championship.

Remind me how things went the following two seasons with our finances and paying wages?

You do realise that we have to live within our means now?

All that is just opinion I stated facts.

A *** fax machine got us 2nd with Rangers and Hibs in the league ffs, oh and a Scottish Cup or 2.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A *** fax machine got us 2nd with Rangers and Hibs in the league ffs, oh and a Scottish Cup or 2.

:wtfvlad:

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The e-mail age hasn’t been kind to us. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I'm happy, winners do what they have to do to win. That's the key factor.

If Robbie sees that playing pragmaticly and grinding out results as the way to win, then I'm happy.

The all round performance of the team is fairly decent, the individual errors that litter our team and have done for years are a sign of the standard currently employed. 

That will not change this season or next season. That's the reality of Scottish Football. The product overall is below average from top to bottom so expecting majestic performances is of the rader batshit bonkers. 

The lack of any support is obviously going to make a difference to the product and is highlighted constantly on all games televised. 

The EPL is as dull as dishwasher in the main because of empty stadiums and those players are amongst the best in the world managed by the best in the world. 

So I'll take winning above performance any day of the week thankyou very much.

So I'm a happy supporter currently 😀😀😀😀

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If Robbie sees that playing pragmaticly and grinding out results as the way to win, then I'm happy.

The all round performance of the team is fairly decent, the individual errors that litter our team and have done for years are a sign of the standard currently employed. 

That will not change this season or next season. That's the reality of Scottish Football. The product overall is below average from top to bottom so expecting majestic performances is of the rader batshit bonkers. 

The lack of any support is obviously going to make a difference to the product and is highlighted constantly on all games televised. 

The EPL is as dull as dishwasher in the main because of empty stadiums and those players are amongst the best in the world managed by the best in the world. 

:cornette:

The league could be done and dusted with four games left to play. 

Surely some of the young players who are not out on loan can then get a chance. 

The last four games is a chance to loosen the straight jacket and just let the team perform. 

Just go for it and get back in the habit of scoring goals. 

19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I can understand why you’re happy and considering where, I believe, we were at when RN took over he’s done well to get us into the position we are in. 

I do disagree regarding the all round performance of the team being decent, as well as being littered with mistakes the tactics have been overly cautious since we beat Ayr 5-3. Several historic problems haven’t been resolved but that can take time I suppose. The lack of support could explain the obvious lack of motivation in the side but I’d imagine some of the squad know their Hearts days are over and that can hardly make them push themselves. The other issue this season has been the never ending wait for players to be fit (or match fit) Halliday, Haring, Kasteneer, GMS. It’s been a constant case of next week everything will click. 

Winning over performance isn’t something that holds any water in this league. If we perform to the best of our ability we will win. We haven’t done that too often and have still managed to win. 

This season has been adequate. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Remind me how things went the following two seasons with our finances and paying wages?

You do realise that we have to live within our means now?

We were living beyond our means even before the pandemic came along.

We had the 2nd biggest playing squad (35 players) but were still propping up the league.

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:wtfvlad:

You keep banging on and on and on about 2nd/3rd place in a league without Hibs/Rangers, I'm just pointing out a fax machine got us 2nd and 2 Scottish Cups. A wee bit better than 2 Championships imo.

You have nothing that you have seem thus season to give you hope for next season apart from the hope that Motherwell/St.Mirren/Killie/Hibs etc are as bad as they are this season.....absolutely fk all about what hope Neilson gives you from this season apart from something that happened 6/7 years ago.

The Modern Leper
23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

There’s a lot of truth in this.

Scottish football 2021 is dire. No one plays attractive football out with the old firm at times.

Ask Hibs and Aberdeen fans about performances this season and they’re the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country.

Who else out performs us? Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Livingston? 

Folk need to get real. To quote Bobby Williamson, if you want entertained go to the cinema.

Hearts winning makes me happy. I’d love us to play entertaining attractive football as well but given I’ve spent 35 of my 42 years not seeing such, I’m realistic enough to understand where we are.

30 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

We were living beyond our means even before the pandemic came along.

We had the 2nd biggest playing squad (35 players) but were still propping up the league.

No, that isn't correct at all.  Whatever you think of Budge she has run the business side correctly.  From Robinson to Romanov, debt and wages exceeded turnover until we couldn't pay the wages.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

You keep banging on and on and on about 2nd/3rd place in a league without Hibs/Rangers, I'm just pointing out a fax machine got us 2nd and 2 Scottish Cups. A wee bit better than 2 Championships imo.

You have nothing that you have seem thus season to give you hope for next season apart from the hope that Motherwell/St.Mirren/Killie/Hibs etc are as bad as they are this season.....absolutely fk all about what hope Neilson gives you from this season apart from something that happened 6/7 years ago.

The fax machine ran up the best part of 50m in debts as well

52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, that isn't correct at all.  Whatever you think of Budge she has run the business side correctly.  From Robinson to Romanov, debt and wages exceeded turnover until we couldn't pay the wages.

I can't remember the figures, but revenue was below the forecast and the shortfall was covered by a loan from Budge.

It was hundreds of thousands rather than millions, but Mr Micawber would tell you the same principle applies.

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think any real Heart’s fan in the last 3/4 years has come on here saying how happy they are watching us. We’re slow, we’re weak at the back, we’re weak in the middle,we’re weak up front. Goalie is the only position we can be happy with. And that’s only this year from the past 3/4 I find it hard watching us but I’ve been doing this long enough to know that this is not Hearts every season. Next season will be different if not only because of the players not here yet. Next season is a different animal. “Hearts fans” knowing how $#!t we’ll be next season in October are the ones who remember the exact date they posted to be used later for a “I told you moment”

Greedy Jambo

Where would the business be if it wasn't for the fans pumping thousands of pounds into the FOH and James Anderson etc. 

The other owners didn't have that luxury. 

On a different note, mind she said we would be challenging for europe last season 😂

Mind she said how great a job levein has done with the academy!

Plenty of youngsters coming through right enough. Bollocks. 

1 hour ago, The Modern Leper said:

There’s a lot of truth in this.

Scottish football 2021 is dire. No one plays attractive football out with the old firm at times.

Ask Hibs and Aberdeen fans about performances this season and they’re the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country.

Who else out performs us? Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Livingston? 

Folk need to get real. To quote Bobby Williamson, if you want entertained go to the cinema.

Hearts winning makes me happy. I’d love us to play entertaining attractive football as well but given I’ve spent 35 of my 42 years not seeing such, I’m realistic enough to understand where we are.

Some fans will discuss curiosities of selection and the shape of the team. Also whether Hearts players look like they are improving  individually and collectively from coaching being provided. Some might question why we seem to have not solved our midfield for years and have now 2 recognised strikers, only. There's always, it seems, the need to exaggerate what is being asked for - it is ,mainly, an air of efficiency in basic skills: passing  and moving, crossing, playing with energy and urgency, getting past opponents through guile and confidence.

Edited by Riccarton3

26 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I can't remember the figures, but revenue was below the forecast and the shortfall was covered by a loan from Budge.

It was hundreds of thousands rather than millions, but Mr Micawber would tell you the same principle applies.

Perhaps you should provide the figures?

The same principle most definitely doesn't apply as having a squad full of players earning far beyond the club's income.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps you should provide the figures?

The same principle most definitely doesn't apply as having a squad full of players earning far beyond the club's income.

You just need to look at September in your footnotes mate. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

The fax machine was pulling out names like Rudi, European cup winner, European championship winner, international after international and the best goalie Scotland has seen in years. But that doesn’t fit with the agenda here. That was years and years ago we had a fax machine.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)