Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he ever had any grasp of modern tactics (and I’m not convinced) then he’s lost it completely. Rather than going for a fresh, interesting option we went for the most boring option out there, with the possible exception of Levein (who will probably end up returning as caretaker at some stage anyway).

Ann seems happy to exist in the twilight zone. I guess when you’re taking the fans’ coin like she is and the money’s rolling in, where’s the pressure?

Yeah, it has reached the stage where I don't think the fans should be paying for her mistakes anymore. If she hasn't learned how to run a football club after 7 years then it isn't going to happen...

JamboAndrew

Robbie won the championship at first attempt last time. And will probably do so again.

And with a decent, but not great squad, had us third before he left.

There are some players who are on paper, better than he had last time.

I've supported Hearts long enough to know not to turn my nose up at winning and being top 4 for a sustained period.

My expectation is if he is on course for top 4 next season then that's great. Once we are back up and established then I'll worry about flair.

It sucked being beaten by the Hamiltons and St Johnstones of this world regularly. My yardstick next season is results. And he has so far gotten the results needed, and expected, this season.

Brick Tamland
3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Always thought it was strange what comes up on your bank statement when the FOH direct debit comes out. What does it say again? 

That should get him :greggy:

Too many mistakes have been made by either our Owners, the Hearts Board & advisors like our Director of Football. The appointment of a football manager is without doubt the most important decision made by any club in the world. Looking back Hearts have made some horrendous decisions like, Cathro, Rix, Levein etc and when you think of Levein who hadn’t  managed since he got sacked by Scotland being given the job of DOF and stating that he had no intention or wish of ever managing Hearts again being asked by Ann Budge to stay as DOF and become Hearts manager. What a massive mistake that was by Ann Budge and you can see by her decision why getting the appointment right cannot be left to someone who goes only by an interview or a friendship. Hearts will never get anywhere in Scottish football until the decision makers at Hearts get the appointment of the manager right. Today I have no confidence in Hearts owner or anyone else for that matter involved in Hearts at the moment having the will to act on this massive problem except maybe Joe Savage our new Sporting Director.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Too many mistakes have been made by either our Owners, the Hearts Board & advisors like our Director of Football. The appointment of a football manager is without doubt the most important decision made by any club in the world. Looking back Hearts have made some horrendous decisions like, Cathro, Rix, Levein etc and when you think of Levein who hadn’t  managed since he got sacked by Scotland being given the job of DOF and stating that he had no intention or wish of ever managing Hearts again being asked by Ann Budge to stay as DOF and become Hearts manager. What a massive mistake that was by Ann Budge and you can see by her decision why getting the appointment right cannot be left to someone who goes only by an interview or a friendship. Hearts will never get anywhere in Scottish football until the decision makers at Hearts get the appointment of the manager right. Today I have no confidence in Hearts owner or anyone else for that matter involved in Hearts at the moment having the will to act on this massive problem except maybe Joe Savage our new Sporting Director.

Come the summer she should no longer be the 'owner', she is now only in name at present having been paid the vast majority with the small final payment available but on hold. So frankly she should not decide anything in the summer as she will simply be a minority shareholder and/ or employee. Then, and no-one ever answers, who will, where is our next dear leader because so far it aint the CEO who appears to be on furlough!

When Ann steps aside the CEO will be Andrew McKinlay with FOH having a presence on the board. Ordinary FOH members will only be able to elected FOH directors.

12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I was talking about what the owner/chairperson sets as the manager's target. 

Something happened to Robbie after winning the Championship last time. He suddenly started saying that the style and the players who were good enough for the Championship were not right for the SPL. Suddenly we stopped trying to score a second and started holding on for 1-0s instead if we took a lead. We began to draw matches much more. It was like he suddenly became timid and defence-minded...Perhaps it is natural for an ex-defender? Perhaps ex-strikers are too cavalier and ex-defenders are too cautious - perhaps we should only have ex-midfielders as managers?

I don't know...All I do know is that I'm bored watching our games this season, and I expect to be bored watching Hearts next season too...

I'm no arguing it's good to watch.  But if you're talking about a board setting expectations for a manager then surely it's obvious that he's going to have met his objectives this season comfortable, boringly or otherwise.

Are people entitled to think we should be playing better, of course.  But he's done the job he was asked to without question.  If we play like this next season and finish 3rd again he'll have met reasonable expectations,but it won't get him an easier ride

5 hours ago, DS98 said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Always thought it was strange what comes up on your bank statement when the FOH direct debit comes out. What does it say again? 

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

That should get him :greggy:

Fish no biting

😂

21 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I'm no arguing it's good to watch.  But if you're talking about a board setting expectations for a manager then surely it's obvious that he's going to have met his objectives this season comfortable, boringly or otherwise.

Are people entitled to think we should be playing better, of course.  But he's done the job he was asked to without question.  If we play like this next season and finish 3rd again he'll have met reasonable expectations,but it won't get him an easier ride

Agreed. He's not in a sackable position, and I'm ok with that.

I'd far rather have kept Stendel and seen what he could've done over a decent period of time as he was trying to set a new course and presumably that was HIS remit from Budge when she employed him. However, I'm under no illusions that he may also have struggled because the squad are mainly on old high wage contracts still...so he'd struggle to get players out the door too. I remember Brendan Rodgers on Cathro saying the club's approach was "confused" as the manager wanted to play a certain way but the players being signed did not suit that style. I think we were in a similar situation with Stendel. He would've needed Gary Neville the pundit to give him 2-3 years not Gary Neville the owner giving him a mere 4 months!

Bringing Neilson back was a safe, unexciting option, and so we just have to accept that and sit tight, but TBH I've had it with Budge making simple errors and expecting FOH or rich benefactors to CHA & pay for them. She is no longer doing us a favour staying on. If she's not competent as an owner after 7 years, then step aside & let someone capable come in to run the show...The "I'm the only show in town" line has worn a bit thin...We are exactly where we were after 1 year with her as Chairman.

Edited by Spellczech

34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Agreed. He's not in a sackable position, and I'm ok with that.

I'd far rather have kept Stendel and seen what he could've done over a decent period of time as he was trying to set a new course and presumably that was HIS remit from Budge when she employed him. However, I'm under no illusions that he may also have struggled because the squad are mainly on old high wage contracts still...so he'd struggle to get players out the door too. I remember Brendan Rodgers on Cathro saying the club's approach was "confused" as the manager wanted to play a certain way but the players being signed did not suit that style. I think we were in a similar situation with Stendel. He would've needed Gary Neville the pundit to give him 2-3 years not Gary Neville the owner giving him a mere 4 months!

Bringing Neilson back was a safe, unexciting option, and so we just have to accept that and sit tight, but TBH I've had it with Budge making simple errors and expecting FOH or rich benefactors to CHA & pay for them. She is no longer doing us a favour staying on. If she's not competent as an owner after 7 years, then step aside & let someone capable come in to run the show...The "I'm the only show in town" line has worn a bit thin...We are exactly where we were after 1 year with her as Chairman.

You've mentioned the high basic wage contracts a number of times - is there any indication this isn't exactly what all teams in the league do?  I get why you'd want incentive based contracts but it seems unlikely we're some kind of outlier to me

11 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

You've mentioned the high basic wage contracts a number of times - is there any indication this isn't exactly what all teams in the league do?  I get why you'd want incentive based contracts but it seems unlikely we're some kind of outlier to me

It’s well documented and acknowledged by the club. 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s well documented and acknowledged by the club. 

I'm not saying we don't do it, my point was more whether there's any evidence that, for example, Aberdeen or Hibs don't do similar?

I'm 100% not against incentivised contracts but players have to be willing to sign them

10 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I'm not saying we don't do it, my point was more whether there's any evidence that, for example, Aberdeen or Hibs don't do similar?

I'm 100% not against incentivised contracts but players have to be willing to sign them

See what you mean now. I’m not sure what Aberdeen and Hibs do, I suppose I just assumed the high basic and low bonus was something we done differently from them. 

Greedy Jambo
On 23/03/2021 at 08:13, DS98 said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Like i'm going to tell you what's on my bank statement. 

I couldn't even if i wanted to anyway, i cancelled it donkeys ago and don't have the same bank account anymore (As hard as that will be for you to believe) 

HartleyLegend3

I'm a little shocked at the poll but at the same time not so shocked.. 

That's not confusing is it.. 🤔

My thinking is the Brora game utterly tarnished Neilson, the whole of the UK are talking about it. 

I know some will be annoyed at this.. when does it end. 

But I think the next group of games will decide Robbies future. He has publicly came out and said the QOS game is massive. I know the poll gives him a majority for next season but surly, an embarrassed club, team and manager, can't help but be up for giving QOS a right pumping. 

If that doesn't happen, how can anyone still say Robbie is the man to take Hearts forward? 

My prediction is we will pump QOS.. 

6 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

My thinking is the Brora game utterly tarnished Neilson, the whole of the UK are talking about it. 

But I think the next group of games will decide Robbies future. He has publicly came out and said the QOS game is massive. I know the poll gives him a majority for next season but surly, an embarrassed club, team and manager, can't help but be up for giving QOS a right pumping. 

If that doesn't happen, how can anyone still say Robbie is the man to take Hearts forward? 

I think the poll reflects the divide Robbie had 3 days ago. The result on Tuesday has swayed the majority that were going to give him next season (me being one of them) to get him out now. I honestly think we won't realise the magnitude of this defeat till later. This won't leave us for years. I genuinely don't think you will see another result like this for 30-40 years in Scottish football. This is once in a lifetime result so hugely embarrassing that I can't see how he would turn it around. I fear for the atmosphere of Tynecastle if he is still in charge and we are allowed to attend. You just have to look at last season how much is affected the players. We could pump QOS 10-0 and I would still struggle to thinks he's the right man

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Why does he get the next group of games?

That Brora game was on the back of a 0-0 v Arbroath. He can’t get a reaction or tune out of these players so what does Saturday even matter?

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why does he get the next group of games?

That Brora game was on the back of a 0-0 v Arbroath. He can’t get a reaction or tune out of these players so what does Saturday even matter?

Promotion still very much matters. 

Silly thing to say. 

We still need to get a tune out of these shite hawks that know they are leaving in just 2 months. 

3/4 results like the last 2 and promotion could be in question, we still need to win games-a few at least, Neilson in charge or not. 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/03/2021 at 15:50, Diego10 said:

Great point. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
56 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

It suits Neilson to say that the QOS game is massive because when he scrapes a win with another dire performance, he can talk about “putting things right” and other stuff out of his coaching cliches manual.

In reality, him calling a game against QOS massive shows what a complete loser he is. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Silly thing to say. 

We still need to get a tune out of these shite hawks that know they are leaving in just 2 months. 

3/4 results like the last 2 and promotion could be in question, we still need to win games-a few at least, Neilson in charge or not. 

Just stop. It’s over. 

If Neilson stays we can win the final few games 5-0 and it means nothing as far as he is concerned. I wouldn’t trust him to lead us next season and I said that from pretty much the day he got the job. 

12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Like i'm going to tell you what's on my bank statement. 

I couldn't even if i wanted to anyway, i cancelled it donkeys ago and don't have the same bank account anymore (As hard as that will be for you to believe) 

😂

Ok mate. Keep up the charade. I personally don’t get it but it takes all kinds. There’s nowt as queer as folk. 

Ex member of the SaS

I hold my hand up and say I supported Robbie, in the first instance in this poll I voted give him next season. That has now changed, No not JUST the Brora game but over the last few weeks we have been dire. People saying we were second and he got a plane, the reason is clear we were playing the same crap football we are now and league position then lies as we are in the same place now only a league below. This is not progress.

Fraggle Rock

I was happy to see RN back at the club even though I was unhappy at seeing Stendel leave.

Robbies lost my vote he has done nothing of merit for him keeping his job.

The time for him to leave is now.

HartleyLegend3
8 hours ago, AHS51 said:

I think the poll reflects the divide Robbie had 3 days ago. The result on Tuesday has swayed the majority that were going to give him next season (me being one of them) to get him out now. I honestly think we won't realise the magnitude of this defeat till later. This won't leave us for years. I genuinely don't think you will see another result like this for 30-40 years in Scottish football. This is once in a lifetime result so hugely embarrassing that I can't see how he would turn it around. I fear for the atmosphere of Tynecastle if he is still in charge and we are allowed to attend. You just have to look at last season how much is affected the players. We could pump QOS 10-0 and I would still struggle to thinks he's the right man

Didn't a lot of fans blame other fans when they reacted negatively to poor displays. "No wonder the teams playing so bad, if fans ate booing the team after 10 minutes. 

That excuse is gone. 

It's something at the club that's not right. 

Imo it's a mindset thing. Poor players thought to think and play a certain way. Resulting in us being in a rut. 

7 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Didn't a lot of fans blame other fans when they reacted negatively to poor displays. "No wonder the teams playing so bad, if fans ate booing the team after 10 minutes. 

That excuse is gone. 

Imo it's a mindset thing. Poor players thought to think and play a certain way. Resulting in us being in a rut. 

That was indeed one of the lame excuses trotted out constantly over the last few years. All part of the “blame the fans” culture which some people, mystifyingly, adopted in order to avoid having to confront the awkward reality that the club has been completely mismanaged.

Maybe they thought it made them better fans or something.

50 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

That excuse is gone. 

I agree, I have absolute nothing against fans booing it's more to do with the current crop of players unable to cope with it. Which says more about the players and recruitment. I think anyone who plays for Hearts has to deal with that, if they can't then offski. Getting rid of Neilson will certainly create a better atmosphere around the place though...... and better players

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Silly thing to say. 

3/4 results like the last 2? Have a look back through your much lauded "UNBEATEN RUN!" and there's been plenty results that fall into that category yet you've been telling everyone the teams playing well.

Even just look at February and March (so far):

image.thumb.png.efc10d80a3dbaab8ac41f3369ae69862.png

8 matches played. 3 "acceptable" results (acceptable in that they brought 3 points, thoroughly unacceptable in any other way), 4 bad results and the single worst result ever recorded by Heart of Midlothian Football Club since its inception in 1874.

Inspiring form from the unbeaten warriors. Oh sorry the undefeated (but only in the league) in 9 superstars.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When does this boring ******* hold his next press conference?

As far as I can see he hasn't had the balls to do the post match for the last one on Hearts tv.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, FTH said:

3/4 results like the last 2? Have a look back through your much lauded "UNBEATEN RUN!" and there's been plenty results that fall into that category yet you've been telling everyone the teams playing well.

Even just look at February and March (so far):

image.thumb.png.efc10d80a3dbaab8ac41f3369ae69862.png

8 matches played. 3 "acceptable" results (acceptable in that they brought 3 points, thoroughly unacceptable in any other way), 4 bad results and the single worst result ever recorded by Heart of Midlothian Football Club since its inception in 1874.

Inspiring form from the unbeaten warriors. Oh sorry the undefeated (but only in the league) in 9 superstars.

The league form is fine, perfectly acceptable, we might win it between 15-20 points which for a 27 game season is a bit stupid tbh.

The cup result is a shocker and even if we did start well next season will not go away as soon as we hit a bump.

It's almost the reverse of cl

cl cup form saved him in his last full season.

Now, we have the league ok, but 2 shite cup performances, 1 off the scale shite.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just stop. It’s over. 

If Neilson stays we can win the final few games 5-0 and it means nothing as far as he is concerned. I wouldn’t trust him to lead us next season and I said that from pretty much the day he got the job. 

Promotion still matters tho, not for Robbie but for Hearts.

FFS, not getting promoted is unthinkable.

10 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

there is a more recent poll (this one is a month old) where it is something like 95% want him out now. so why post on this one rather than the most recent one?

edit this thread

Edited by milky_26

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Getting pumped by Brora was unthinkable but it is carry on as usual.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The league form is fine, perfectly acceptable, we might win it between 15-20 points which for a 27 game season is a bit stupid tbh.

The cup result is a shocker and even if we did start well next season will not go away as soon as we hit a bump.

It's almost the reverse of cl

cl cup form saved him in his last full season.

Now, we have the league ok, but 2 shite cup performances, 1 off the scale shite.

So you've finally admitted that 0-0 v Arbroath isn't a good result, yet consecutive 1-1's v QotS, Greenock Morton and ICT represent "fine" form. You really are beyond parody.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, FTH said:

So you've finally admitted that 0-0 v Arbroath isn't a good result, yet consecutive 1-1's v QotS, Greenock Morton and ICT represent "fine" form. You really are beyond parody.

No, not at all what I said.

Never even touched on that.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Of course promotion matters - the point is we do not need Neilson to get us over the line!

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, not at all what I said.

Never even touched on that.

You sound like a broken man these days, mate. 

It's what you get though. lol. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You sound like a broken man these days, mate. 

It's what you get though. lol. 

I think Tosh/SRB needs yet another name change just like after his “Hibs for the cup” debacle a few years ago! He’s been totally exposed as the JKB village idiot! 😂