Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• JimmyCant

• davemclaren

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, davemclaren said:

More Excite Up than Calm Down. 

Yeah. As calming as a red rag to a bull. Even in real life there is no phrase that winds up an angry man quite as much as ‘Calm down’. The standard response being ‘WHO THE **** ARE YOU TELLING TO CALM DOWN’ 😂

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah. As calming as a red rag to a bull. Even in real life there is no phrase that winds up an angry man quite as much as ‘Calm down’. The standard response being ‘WHO THE **** ARE YOU TELLING TO CALM DOWN’ 😂

🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

We can't win every single game Paolo. We've won 12 out of 17. That's pretty good going if you ask me.

We can’t, but we have been dreadful in the games we have won. 

Also, lot of fans said that when we were losing under Cathro and Levein too.  Even when losing at home to bottom of the table.   Again, a big reason why we are in this league.  

Edited by Paolo

45 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You're wasting your time. The same guys leap from thread to thread on here, media to media elsewhere desperately trying to be the most outraged of all. If they spot player who hasn't been criticised, they need to take turn starting it so their friends can join in. 

Most couldn't find their way to Tynecastle if their lives depended on it. They certainly don't watch on paying stream, and won't ever contribute towards Foundation. 

👍👍 destroying what was a great forum 

Piss poor performance after piss poor performance. 2 points from our last 2 games v QoS & Greenock ****ing Morton. Keep calm no need to be alarmed, we've been shite for about 4/5 years we'll turn this corner soon lads, soon.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

It's posts like this why we're in this mess. Too accepting of the garbage we've had to endure for the last 5 seasons. It's not just today's dismal result and performance, or last weeks, or the week before. Its been 5 years now! 3rd biggest budget in Scotland and stumbling from one crap result to another in the championship! 

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

We can’t, but we have been dreadful in the games we have won. 

Also, lot of fans said that when we were losing under Cathro and Levein too.  Even when losing at home to bottom of the table.   Again, a big reason why we are in this league.  

I'd love it to be a bit more exciting and watchable, especially when watching from home. Watching games on the TV is really wearing thin. But for as long as we're achieving expectations, I can't bring myself to get too riled up. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Loads of comments about the Dross of the last few years which i totally agree with !! All I'm saying is there's new chief Executive and Director of Football been appointed and they need time to make the necessary changes 

Hard to stay calm week in and week out. 

This basically sums Hearts  fans up!

First jump ‘How we want it to be’

Second jump ‘How if actually is’. 

b83f573c2e23387fb7a3d01297b9df2d.gif

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd love it to be a bit more exciting and watchable, especially when watching from home. Watching games on the TV is really wearing thin. But for as long as we're achieving expectations, I can't bring myself to get too riled up. 

That never achieved my expectations today that’s for sure. Whilst I take your point, I do think there is cause for concern the way we try to play football. All subjective of course. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Or the Vlad era.  Skacel, Hartley et al.  Like playing a different game altogether.

Doug - think back the Velicka season , the only difference between that and now is we sometimes scored a winning goal in dire games and were in the top flight. The football was 100x worse than the likes of today. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

That never achieved my expectations today that’s for sure. Whilst I take your point, I do think there is cause for concern the way we try to play football. All subjective of course. 

There is huge improvement required, but I think we are slowly going in the right direction. Only time will tell I guess, but I'm keeping faith.

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

We are barely achieving our expectations.  We probably will win the league, but if our results and performances are meeting expectations, then I am dreading next season already. 

TheOnlyWayis51
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍👍 destroying what was a great forum 

TBH from the eyes of a newcomer on here (hello btw), there will always be people who are raging after dropping points, but much as there needs to be a bit of perspective, today sums up a big problem that our league placing is papering over.

I'm sure everyone else on here felt the same when we were demoted from the top flight without good reason last season round. I wanted us to take that feeling and use it to drive us through the season, show no respect and to get back to where we belong. Look at the league above us, we should be cruising it in second in that league. We may have shown too much respect in the first half of the final but soon as we started going for it Celtic couldn't live with us. We should be up there fighting to be the second best team in Scotland. 

It started well with pumping Dundee. Problem is, that's arguably been the highlight of the league season but that's a pathetic attitude, it should have been the benchmark. The closest their defenders should have come to us today was holding open the dressing room door for them and asking for a ****ing autograph. Instead it's a meek 1-1 draw and it's happened too often. 

Add in the fact that general life is miserable just now and we all want to get out and about more often and it's going to create that sort of atmosphere with some people on here. I just want to get to next season now but we had a real opportunity to use that anger and drive it on to a record breaking season and absolutely thrash teams week in, week out. I'm sure that'd make everyone feel better.

As it is, much as today is a crap day, good times return, we'll get back into grounds and hopefully then we'll be watching a team that is playing to the level it should do. Those posters will disappear or mellow quite quickly when it happens :clyay:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

As usual, never mind the three years+ of pish people, it’ll get better soon.

But nor can we change as much as we have. 

Catch 22.

It's ok saying Neilson was a poor choice,  personally I don't believe in going back. 

Stendel was expensive and didn't convince, we will never know. Neilson was an inexpensive proven option in the League we find ourselves in. 

Suspect Neilson would do better as he did before with younger players. 

Get the impression he is struggling to influence group, too many big characters for him. 

Mistakes been made taking him back, however I think we are going to have to back him and Savage. 

Callum Davidson is someone I would be interested in. Not just because they had a good win today, had a good grounding and seems to be improving a team by the week 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

But nor can we change as much as we have. 

Catch 22.

It's ok saying Neilson was a poor choice,  personally I don't believe in going back. 

Stendel was expensive and didn't convince, we will never know. Neilson was an inexpensive proven option in the League we find ourselves in. 

Get the impression he is struggling to influence group, too many big characters for him. 

Mistakes been made taking him back, however I think we are going to have to back him and Savage. 

Callum Davidson is someone I would be interested in. Not just because they had a good win today, had a good grounding and seems to be improving a team by the week 

Fairly obvious RN has lost the plot. He’s only here because of Budge.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Unambitious , "safe hands", IMO.

Agreed.

100% - it's obvious.

Agreed, no chance of him getting sacked when he is clearly meeting his objectives ... despite the players.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Here’s the thing, we’ve been screaming for the team to push up get the full backs overlapping and creating. Well we’ve done that in the last two games and given up a goal due to full backs getting caught out by a quick counter attack. That’s down to the centre backs and midfield getting drawn to one side leaving a free run for the opposition. Normally CG would deal with shots but when it’s a free unchallenged shot of good quality we seem to lose at their first such attempt. Unless we have fast mobile centre backs and switched on midfielders we can’t afford to go all hung ho. Creating 20+ chances per goal is what we’re doing but opposition rarely get to double figures in chances but have a better conversion rate because we give up clear unchallenged chances.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

I agree in principle!!!

Buuuuuuut.... The concern a lot of us have is just how boring we are.

There's an absolute lack of ideas on the pitch. Our players are of a massively higher standard than the opposition and largely speaking we've weeded out what we'd have regarded as the dross.

So why are we so crap? The concern, and he does have previous, is that Robbie is a hugely unimaginative manager who plays cautiously and doesn't massively seem to know how to build a team who play freely and with excitement.

I personally wish we'd stuck by Tendel as there was excitement to be had there and maybe even a bit of daydreamery hope.

That all said, I AM on the let's give the new team all a chance. We'll go up, that we know. From there, we really start to judge.

I'm an optimistic happy clapper type but even I'm a bit worried just now. Just fed up of us being boring, one paced, trudge. Occasional big game, but week after week of hard work.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

If McEneff was his choice👍

If GMS😨

I’m sure I read an interview with Savage and he said Neilson wanted GMS, Savage said it was then his job to get him.

This is My Story Podcast

Jam tomorrow again. Just ignore the shite we see now cause next season will be better. The rot in this side is a shambles. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

A very valid comment from Gordon. I don’t think people realise how far our club has slumped under the current set up. Memories of Wallace Mercer and Tommy Walker makes most true supporters who watch the current setup  want to vomit.

Those were the days, the memory of the Mercer era will live with me for ever. No chance of anything remotely similar will happen with the current regime.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious RN has lost the plot. He’s only here because of Budge.

She's in charge,  well spotted 

Results have been unacceptable and at times our performances have been unacceptable with lack of tempo, energy, pace and creativity.

Had time to reflect on today and from from back to front (into strikers feet) I actually thought we were ok and played some nice stuff at times. We started off well but we did seem to lose momentum after the first 25 mins until they scored. Saying that there was less passes between the centre backs and the midfield two, and I think it did make a difference having two upfront with us having more options to find feet. That’s the problem though i think... it’s all too easy and simple to defend against as everything’s to feet and still a bit slow. If I was a Morton centre half I would have loved playing in that game today. 

I also do think that what let us down today more than anything was the final everything!!... the final pass, final cross, final bit of decision making, final attempt at goal, final touch, final bit of creativity and final bit of luck. Everything up to that point wasn’t actually that bad, could be better but was much better than other games this season. 

I am calm as still think we will win the league but we do need to be doing much better. Players have to take a lot  of responsibility as well as it shouldn’t matter on formations or who’s playing in the starting 11 from our squad, we should be doing much better and winning more games. Players need to step up and make things happen on the park. 

Neilson I think does need to stop the tinkering, play players in the right position and find a formation that works when we have so much possession of the ball. I thought our approach at the end of the game was much better, full back pushed high providing the width with the ‘wingers’ tucked in a bit to give us more bodies in the final third. Having said that we were chasing the game, but still this should be what we are doing from the start, battering teams. I think maybe a 4-4-2 diamond is maybe the way forward as our wingers are simply not performing. 

Cant wait for next season , said before this season was about rebuilding for returning to the premiership, unfortunately that has been blown out of the water and it will be back to the start in the summer 

Gordon Ramsay

Once those pesky injuries clear up and Robbie gets a crack at another couple transfer windows I'm sure we'll be fine. 

Maybe the referees and slippery pitches will leave us alone too. 

50 minutes ago, Paolo said:

We are barely achieving our expectations.  We probably will win the league, but if our results and performances are meeting expectations, then I am dreading next season already. 

Our expectations were to win the Championship. We're winning it at a canter.

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

She's in charge,  well spotted 

And here’s me thinking that RN was in charge. Yet another clueless comment from you.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Here, only loony on politics threads. My non political ones aren't too bad. Not been called laddie for about 45 years. 

🤣🤣 you sure its only politics threads 😝

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Our expectations were to win the Championship. We're winning it at a canter.

That’s the sort of garbage that makes RN happy.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Most couldn't find their way to Tynecastle, pretty hard as we are in lockdown 😂

Does lockdown affect your sense of direction? Perhaps a lesser known covid symptom? 

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Right now you say many things that I dont agree with but simply put the expectation this season is to get out of the Championship. We might not be twenty million points clear but we are still winning the league at this moment at a canter. 

Thats a very different thing to what would you OldGorgie like to see from a match. 

As I see it we’ve got 4 major problems holding us back.

1. An owner who, bless her for other things, doesn’t have the skill set required to run a top football club

2. A one dimensional zero personality manager who doesn’t have the respect of the squad in general and senior players in particular

3. An institutional couldn’t care less if we win or lose attitude amongst the squad in general and the senior players in particular.

4. Fitness. For a sport which requires ultimate levels of fitness at elite levels to compete and succeed we are miles behind the required level.

Behind that there are a whole load of relatively minor but related problems which could be fixed fairly readily. Stuff like an ageing squad, little or no promotion of youth. The list goes on 

Not all of the problems manifest themselves on to the park at once, hence why we’ve got points on the board, in a pish league, let’s not forget how pish it is. In short we’re masking issues and largely getting away with it because frankly, you don’t have to be that good to win this league.

But for as long as the 4 big issues remain, there is a ceiling on what we’ll be able to achieve and it’s a pretty low ceiling. Something serious has to change and the big issues all have to be addressed. We are NOT a top six premier club at the minute. We’re miles away from being one, but every single thing stopping us is in our own hands and of our own doing.

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So, you’re saying we won’t win the Championship?

You're saying we’re not winning it at a canter?

Who's speaking the ‘garbage’ now?  🤷🏿‍♂️

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Compare our budget with every other club in the division.

Do the same with our squad on paper.

Results and performances are embarrassing.

Just now, Morgan said:

So, you’re saying we won’t win the Championship?

You're saying we’re not winning it at a canter?

Who's speaking the ‘garbage’ now?  🤷🏿‍♂️

At a canter. Are u for real.? Struggling against Morton, Q of S, horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline . Strange definition of a canter.

south morocco
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

As I see it we’ve got 4 major problems holding us back.

1. An owner who, bless her for other things, doesn’t have the skill set required to run a top football club

2. A one dimensional zero personality manager who doesn’t have the respect of the squad in general and senior players in particular

3. An institutional couldn’t care less if we win or lose attitude amongst the squad in general and the senior players in particular.

4. Fitness. For a sport which requires ultimate levels of fitness at elite levels to compete and succeed we are miles behind the required level.

Behind that there are a whole load of relatively minor but related problems which could be fixed fairly readily. Stuff like an ageing squad, little or no promotion of youth. The list goes on 

Not all of the problems manifest themselves on to the park at once, hence why we’ve got points on the board, in a pish league, let’s not forget how pish it is. In short we’re masking issues and largely getting away with it because frankly, you don’t have to be that good to win this league.

But for as long as the 4 big issues remain, there is a ceiling on what we’ll be able to achieve and it’s a pretty low ceiling. Something serious has to change and the big issues all have to be addressed. We are NOT a top six premier club at the minute. We’re miles away from being one, but every single thing stopping us is in our own hands and of our own doing.

Not sure how your points 2&3 can be proven. Without sounding facetious, maybe you should put yourself forward as a troubleshooter, you seem to have all the answers😀

Edited by south morocco

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

At a canter. Are u for real.? Struggling against Morton, Q of S, horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline . Strange definition of a canter.

When did Alloa beat us in the league? Make yer point without adding shite too it.. horsed by Raith , **** me sideways , a horsing is not the right word for that game. Last week was not good enough today better but no cutting edge. Canter Yesss!!! At this moment in time its a canter. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Right now you say many things that I dont agree with but simply put the expectation this season is to get out of the Championship. We might not be twenty million points clear but we are still winning the league at this moment at a canter. 

Thats a very different thing to what would you OldGorgie like to see from a match. 

Canter? Horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Dunfermline, Alloa and struggling against Arbroath, Morton and Q of S. A very strange definition of canter. We played well in maybe two games the rest have been garbage, thats what you may expect from Hearts but not me and the vast majority of the support.

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Define ‘strange’.

Define ‘canter’.

Define (and explain/excuse) using the letter ‘u’ instead of the word ‘you’.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

When did Alloa beat us in the league? Make yer point without adding shite too it.. horsed by Raith , **** me sideways , a horsing is not the right word for that game. Last week was not good enough today better but no cutting edge. Canter Yesss!!! At this moment in time its a canter. 

Did you miss the Alloa cup shocker. Thought you watchedHearts.

AlphonseCapone

We're shite. Everyone can see it. We're slightly less shite on average than the championship teams in our league. The majority of squad aren't good enough for the Premier League. 

The majority of fans can see this. A few folk have their heads in the sand. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

:spoton:

Just now, Morgan said:

Define ‘strange’.

Define ‘canter’.

Define (and explain/excuse) using the letter ‘u’ instead of the word ‘you’.

Look up the dictionary. It’s the big book beside the large book entitled erses who think we are doing well under RN.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We're shite. Everyone can see it. We're slightly less shite on average than the championship teams in our league.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:spoton:

Read above for your answer.

5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Not sure how your points 2&3 can be proven. Without sounding facetious, maybe you should put yourself forward as a troubleshooter, you seem to have all the answers😀

I have an opinion and a feeling mate that’s all. I don’t have to ‘prove’ anything. Argue against my points with your own opinion by all means. If my points are correct, the answer for each point is blindingly obvious so Yes I do also have the answers.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Look up the dictionary. It’s the big book beside the large book entitled erses who think we are doing well under RN.

Look up ‘go away’ in your dictionary.

Clue: It’s not alphabetically after ‘u’.

Goodnight sir.  👍

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

A few folk have their heads in the sand. 

As long as they are around RN can spout his usual post match drivel.