Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• JimmyCant

• davemclaren

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Morgan said:

Look up ‘go away’ in your dictionary.

Clue: It’s not alphabetically after ‘u’.

Goodnight sir.  👍

Feeble.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

And here’s me thinking that RN was in charge. Yet another clueless comment from you.

:rofl:

Cheered me up no end.

So Budge is only here because of Neilson then?

I'll have some of what you're having 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

:rofl:

Cheered me up no end.

So Budge is only here because of Neilson then?

I'll have some of what you're having 

No it’s the other way round. And Budge will be here for a long time as long as you post favourable nonsense.

19 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

That’s the sort of garbage that makes RN happy.

And what would make you happy? You're saying I'm wrong for being happy we're top, but we literally can't go any higher? :lol:

I'd understand if we were dropping points left, right and centre and in serious danger of losing top spot, but we're not. We're 11 points clear. Top that with the empty stadiums and it's perhaps obvious to why the players have 'downed tools'.

McGlynn The Money
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

When did Alloa beat us in the league? Make yer point without adding shite too it.. horsed by Raith , **** me sideways , a horsing is not the right word for that game. Last week was not good enough today better but no cutting edge. Canter Yesss!!! At this moment in time its a canter. 

Does the Alloa defeat not count because it wasn't in the league? The league cup was wide open and a great chance to get to another final but we blew it.

If you think fairly regular defeats to teams with a fraction of our budget, with far inferior squads on paper is acceptable then lucky you. We'll no doubt get another crack at the Championship in a couple of years because on current evidence we'll be coming straight back down.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

And what would make you happy? You're saying I'm wrong for being happy we're top, but we literally can't go any higher? :lol:

I'd understand if we were dropping points left, right and centre and in serious danger of losing top spot, but we're not. We're 11 points clear. Top that with the empty stadiums and it's perhaps obvious to why the players have 'downed tools'.

Make me happy? Winning against Morton and Q of S, for one. 

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Make me happy? Winning against Morton and Q of S, for one. 

So, what, you expect us to win every single game? Shit happens, bad results happen. If the bad results don't have consequences though, what does it matter? 

We drew a game of football. Have a beer and chill out.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Doug - think back the Velicka season , the only difference between that and now is we sometimes scored a winning goal in dire games and were in the top flight. The football was 100x worse than the likes of today. 

Fully agree.  2005/06 was the benchmark and we haven't come anywhere near it since.  Probably just proves that money talks.  Not sure that De Bruyne or Haaland will be joining us in the summer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

No it’s the other way round. And Budge will be here for a long time as long as you post favourable nonsense.

What's that then. What is the favourable nonsense?

And whose in charge Budge or Neilson. 

Make your mind up would you  :)

Edited by Sir Gio

24 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

At a canter. Are u for real.? Struggling against Morton, Q of S, horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline . Strange definition of a canter.

When we played Dunfermline the other week we could have easily lost that game instead of sneaking a win and looking at the table now that game was huge cause if we’d lost that game we’d be in deep shit now. 

Is anyone confidence of going up to Inverness and over to Dunfermline in coming weeks and winning?

As you’ve said I wouldn’t call that a canter 

Edited by theshed

12 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Ann reads JKB?

How does one know this?

23 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We're shite. Everyone can see it. We're slightly less shite on average than the championship teams in our league. The majority of squad aren't good enough for the Premier League. 

The majority of fans can see this. A few folk have their heads in the sand. 

I despair when folk trot out this ‘cantering the league’ pish as if thats some kind of an achievement and means anything going forward. Of course we cantering this league because it’s a pish poor league and we’re lucky enough to be one stage above pish poor in over half our games. We’ve got zero consistency though. Even the ostriches have to accept at least that.

This team, or anything resembling this team, and particularly under this manager will get beat regularly and sometimes heavily next season. Winning this nonsense in a canter means diddly squat for next season.

Edited by JimmyCant

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ann reads JKB?

How does one know this?

It would be very remiss of any major business, who’s customers are the major source of revenue, in this day and age, not to read and give some import to its online customer reviews.

Edited by JimmyCant

37 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

At a canter. Are u for real.? Struggling against Morton, Q of S, horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline . Strange definition of a canter.

It’s only a “canter” because of the absolute shite up against us in this league.

Funny how some people were unrealistic enough to go unbeaten through the season and now we have the "winning the league at a canter" when at best we have slowed to a trot. We are poor at the moment and being saved by other teams' inability to have consistent results. I was stuck in a jam on the A90 and missed the first half but was not in the slightest surprised to see the score when I got home. In between the extreme views at times on here surely most of us are unenthused by current performances. What we are doing simply isn't good enough and the buck stops with Neilson. I was sad he left before but unsure about his return. He needs to find solutions soon.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

My problem with the OP whom I greatly respect is that we have been underperforming for years.  Absolutely sick of it.

I'm 64. Have no recollection of any season before 64/65. I can remember the pain of losing the league that season and the many many years of mediocrity since then. We have underperformed for my entire Hearts supporting lifetime. The fact we blew a cup win in December just shows nothing changes. 

But wait. Maybe fans of other clubs could come up with brutal defeats when success seemed inevitable. Of course they can. Our Hobbit chums have had some horrendous arse collapses including this season.

We need to get our heads down and actually win promotion rather than talking out what we will potentially do next year in the premier league.

If RN fails to get us up. He will be justifiably sacked. If we are promoted we will need every penny available to get us to top 6 standard. I hope that we as fans continue to support the club even if those in charge are tainted by overseeing less than successful managers. A new manager next season must always remain an option.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Good OP. There's enough shite in the world to get you down at the moment. Drawing with Morton isn't one of them.

Great deal of perspective needed. Hearts fans seriously do my ****ing head in sometimes.

Absolutely agree.  That doesn't mean to say that we can't criticise our performances, but some of the stuff on here is well and truly over the top.

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I despair when folk trot out this ‘cantering the league’ pish as if thats some kind of an achievement and means anything going forward. Of course we cantering this league because it’s a pish poor league and we’re lucky enough to be one stage above pish poor in over half our games. We’ve got zero consistency though. Even the ostriches have to accept at least that.

This team, or anything resembling this team, and particularly under this manager will get beat regularly and sometimes heavily next season. Winning this nonsense in a canter means diddly squat for next season.

Well said Jimmy! 👍

Maybe time to use different terminology. There has been nothing to suggest we are “winning at a canter”.

AT A CANTER

Done or accomplished with ease or minimal effort.(A canter is a smooth, steady gait, as of a horse, which is between the pace of a trot and a gallop.)

Edited by Ethan Hunt

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

**** off

Nelly Terraces

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

Jam tomorrow.

The same tedious story for 5 years.

26 minutes ago, Locky said:

So, what, you expect us to win every single game? Shit happens, bad results happen. If the bad results don't have consequences though, what does it matter? 

We drew a game of football. Have a beer and chill out.

We drew the last two and got by in a penalty the game before. 4 wins out if 8 in this poor league this year.

south morocco
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I questioned one of your other posts but this is definitely spot on

Gordon Ramsay

I love this at a canter phrase as we scrape a draw at QOTS in the last minute and are held at home by probably the shittest team I've seen all season. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I love this at a canter phrase as we scrape a draw at QOTS in the last minute and are held at home by probably the shittest team I've seen all season. 

Funny enough one of the problems we have is we’re cantering when we should be galloping, and lately we’re trotting.

This place has turned into .net.

It's not about supporting Hearts anymore it's about balance sheets and ludicrous expectation.

I'd give up supporting Hearts if we punted a manager that was top of the league, any league.

Do some on here not realise how embarrassing this chat is, if it was on .net we'd be drowning in our own pish.

I find it unbelievable so many supporters are so desperate for Hearts to fail, absolutely desperate. 

It's so very sad.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd give up supporting Hearts if we punted a manager that was top of the league

And yet here you are 15 plus years after we did exactly that ?

46 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Canter? Horsed by Raith, beaten by Dundee, Dunfermline, Alloa and struggling against Arbroath, Morton and Q of S. A very strange definition of canter. We played well in maybe two games the rest have been garbage, thats what you may expect from Hearts but not me and the vast majority of the support.

Aye mate I expect to just turn up and beat everyone. Im just not a toys out the pram. Been around football too long to have the lunacy of a fan where my views are extreme. Im sorry we are winning the league at a trot as we have rarely had any need to canter , is that better for your ego?

45 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Did you miss the Alloa cup shocker. Thought you watchedHearts.

I genuinely couldn’t give a shiney shite about the League Cup this year. I want to ensure promotion first and foremost. I wasnt in favour of the cup semis or cup final being played either. This is a mental year it is not your run of the mill in terms of mentality for players either by a lomg long way. 

37 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So Budge is here because Neilson is boss and because Sir Gio posted a favourable post. He should have said Robbie sack Ann and she’d have not been here? 

37 minutes ago, Locky said:

A man that understands....Not hard is it...

35 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Does the Alloa defeat not count because it wasn't in the league? The league cup was wide open and a great chance to get to another final but we blew it.

If you think fairly regular defeats to teams with a fraction of our budget, with far inferior squads on paper is acceptable then lucky you. We'll no doubt get another crack at the Championship in a couple of years because on current evidence we'll be coming straight back down.

Fairly regular defeats? This season we have lost a game we shouldn't to Dunfy , Dundee and Raith.. Because we couldnt ****ing convert chances. QotS and Morton i give a bit of credit too as they weathered our start and sat in and we couldnt create but we still missed chances that should have seen us win the game. This season as I said above is about winning the Championship. Thats it. Anything else just doesnt have the same priority. 

19 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ve calmed down .......I’m pished 👌

🤣🤘🏻👌🏻

11 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Funny how some people were unrealistic enough to go unbeaten through the season and now we have the "winning the league at a canter" when at best we have slowed to a trot. We are poor at the moment and being saved by other teams' inability to have consistent results. I was stuck in a jam on the A90 and missed the first half but was not in the slightest surprised to see the score when I got home. In between the extreme views at times on here surely most of us are unenthused by current performances. What we are doing simply isn't good enough and the buck stops with Neilson. I was sad he left before but unsure about his return. He needs to find solutions soon.

Wasn’t sad he left , wasn’t fussed about getting him back. I do know wHat he wants and whAt he expects and where he wants to take us. No one is enthused about performances. Unfortunately results are what matter this year. So far we are doing what we need too. We are too wasteful. Some of the shit thrown at players is insane , Kastaneer for instance today got ripped yet he played well first half and GMS should have come off not him. Our touch and control was seriously lacking again today - thats a concern as that suggests mind isnt on the game fully.

10 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Absolutely agree.  That doesn't mean to say that we can't criticise our performances, but some of the stuff on here is well and truly over the top.

Indeed

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Look at it like a hurdles handicap race. Every other horse is handicapped by the fact that our horse has the most money and better players.  Our horse is in the lead partly because all the other handicapped horses are much at the same level and keep getting in the way of each other. Despite theoretically being the best horse by miles we seem to have a trainer that is doping the horse, and as a result we are going slower than we should be and hitting far too many hurdles along the way. We’ll win the race in the end but we’ll be

totally shown up if our horse try’s to step up in class next season.

Sometimes the only way to improve the horse is to go to a new stable with a new trainer. Some trainers can only win handicap races, when their horse is the overwhelming favourite. That’s their level.

7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Depending on other clubs dropping points is embarrassing. 

We arent though. You understand other teams are relying on us dropping points. Even if Dunfy n Raith etc win games in hand we need to draw 4 or lose 3 of our last 10. We arent relying on anyone else

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And yet here you are 15 plus years after we did exactly that ?

Yet people also want us to do it again? 😉

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

We arent though. You understand other teams are relying on us dropping points. Even if Dunfy n Raith etc win games in hand we need to draw 4 or lose 3 of our last 10. We arent relying on anyone else

Wait until we start losing 3 of our last 10. Meltdown. 

McGlynn The Money
52 minutes ago, Locky said:

There's a good chance fans won't be back for next season either, the early part of the season at least. Will the stadium excuse still apply if we're being horsed by better teams next season?

Agree to a point but Robbie's starting to look very comfortable in the job ala Levein.

He's lucky the ground's empty and no fans to voice their opinions. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Wait until we start losing 3 of our last 10. Meltdown. 

Lol this place doesnt need a loss to meltdown. Anything less than 5-0 in 5mins and its a shitshow....That scenario would be apocalyptic as everyone mashed the keyboards at the same time and set off a sonic boom that brought down the world

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yet people also want us to do it again? 😉

Some people look further ahead than cantering a pish poor league. The writing is on the wall here. He’ll win this league. He’ll be gone by October. He’ll leave a mess behind. A mess that is as foreseeable as it is avoidable.

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Lol this place doesnt need a loss to meltdown. Anything less than 5-0 in 5mins and its a shitshow....That scenario would be apocalyptic as everyone mashed the keyboards at the same time and set off a sonic boom that brought down the world

Nonsense.

We're the best club in this league at every level, some of the performances haven't been great but we're strolling the league. Why our 'fans' can't handle this is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Have I dreamed our result today ?Thank Christ. I thought for a minute we had come from behind to grab a draw against Morton at home.

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, gavvy said:

We're the best club in this league at every level, some of the performances haven't been great but we're strolling the league. Why our 'fans' can't handle this is beyond me. 

:what:

5 minutes ago, gavvy said:

You’re missing the point mate. This isn’t about this nonsense season. There are 10 games left and it’s in the bag barring a complete catastrophe. It’s about next season and beyond. It’s laughable that some folk think cantering this league somehow equals a team that can comfortably finish top 6. This mob will get ridden rotten next season. They’ll be rubbing their fecking hands about playing us if this is anything close to what’s going to be Hearts next season

Edited by JimmyCant

22 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Depending on other clubs dropping points is embarrassing. 

That's generally how leagues work apart from head to head games. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

You’re missing the point mate. This isn’t about this nonsense season. There are 10 games left and it’s in the bag barring a complete catastrophe. It’s about next season and beyond. It’s laughable that some folk think cantering this league somehow equals a team that can comfortably finish top 6. This mob will get ridden rotten next season.

If ‘this mob’ comprises our whole team for next year I’d be very disappointed.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That's generally how leagues work apart from head to head games. 

Keeping the gap has taken over from winning games. Just as well. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Keeping the gap has taken over from winning games. Just as well. 

You just made that up. 😄

I think we will need to win games to keep the gap.