Calm Down.

Selkirkhmfc1874

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's generally how leagues work apart from head to head games. 

Given the disparity in budgets and quality of players (on paper anyway) we shouldn't be relying on other teams dropping points in this division. That's generally how one horse races work.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• JimmyCant

• davemclaren

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Good OP. There's enough shite in the world to get you down at the moment. Drawing with Morton isn't one of them.

Great deal of perspective needed. Hearts fans seriously do my ****ing head in sometimes.

If only it was "drawing with Morton" though. 

Some of our results this season have been cringe - worthy & there's no sign of any real improvement. We're clear at the top because of the standard of the rest of the league, not because we're blowing opponents away (Dundee at home / Raith away being the exception). 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re missing the point mate. This isn’t about this nonsense season. There are 10 games left and it’s in the bag barring a complete catastrophe. It’s about next season and beyond. It’s laughable that some folk think cantering this league somehow equals a team that can comfortably finish top 6. This mob will get ridden rotten next season. They’ll be rubbing their fecking hands about playing us if this is anything close to what’s going to be Hearts next season

Give the new sporting director a chance to do his job. I think the squad has improved in January and will again in the summer. Have a little faith. I think next season will be transitional and improve beyond that. 

3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Given the disparity in budgets and quality of players (on paper anyway) we shouldn't be relying on other teams dropping points in this division. That's generally how one horse races work.

We’re not. It’s entirely in our own hands to win this league. But the reality is that all teams will drop points, some more than others. Teams win leagues by dropping less points than the rest. 

SomethingAboutObua

We are top of the weakest second tier in 7 years.

Teams play the same way against us week in week out and we still go with turgid, eye bleeding, make it as hard as we can for ourselves football. 

We have one starting youth player, a Hearts fan that Hearts are having to convince to re-sign. Our last sold youth player was for the most part developed by another team. 

Football's bad, the club's youth department is bad, the club's scouting looked to have improved but it's hard to tell if it's any good with how bad the football is, guess we'll find out in summer for a 6th(?) consecutive squad rebuild. 

Football is entertainment, the football we play isn't entertaining. Football is a business, the club isn't developing any sellable assets on its own or buying in profit making players. 

You can still support the team and take issues with how its being run, doesn't make you more of a fan to bury your head in the sand and think the last 4 years of a rapid decline are going to change now. We aren't in the position of 2014 when we released everyone, had experienced youth and a full budget to pick and choose our squad, with 2 home games v Rangers and Hibs to make more money than the rest of the league.

The performances on and off the pitch since Neilson left are truly reflective of how this club actually works and is run as a football club, no clean slate, no debt free situation, no ready made first team youngsters, no free contract pay offs. Its not good enough all round and hasn't been for so long. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We’re not. It’s entirely in our own hands to win this league. But the reality is that all teams will drop points, some more than others. Teams win leagues by dropping less points than the rest. 

Of course it's on our hands, as it should be. A highly paid squad, full of international players should not be dropping as many points in this division as we have been. The blind loyalty and denial from some people is astonishing. 

6 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

We are top of the weakest second tier in 7 years.

Teams play the same way against us week in week out and we still go with turgid, eye bleeding, make it as hard as we can for ourselves football. 

We have one starting youth player, a Hearts fan that Hearts are having to convince to re-sign. Our last sold youth player was for the most part developed by another team. 

Football's bad, the club's youth department is bad, the club's scouting looked to have improved but it's hard to tell if it's any good with how bad the football is, guess we'll find out in summer for a 6th(?) consecutive squad rebuild. 

Football is entertainment, the football we play isn't entertaining. Football is a business, the club isn't developing any sellable assets on its own or buying in profit making players. 

You can still support the team and take issues with how its being run, doesn't make you more of a fan to bury your head in the sand and think the last 4 years of a rapid decline are going to change now. We aren't in the position of 2014 when we released everyone, had experienced youth and a full budget to pick and choose our squad, with 2 home games v Rangers and Hibs to make more money than the rest of the league.

The performances on and off the pitch since Neilson left are truly reflective of how this club actually works and is run as a football club, no clean slate, no debt free situation, no ready made first team youngsters, no free contract pay offs. Its not good enough all round and hasn't been for so long. 

Excellent post 👍

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If ‘this mob’ comprises our whole team for next year I’d be very disappointed.  

The majority of this mob will be here next season and almost all of them will struggle I’d be astonished if we bankrolled yet another rebuild. The only rider I’d put on that is if Savage is the real deal and can bring in half a dozen gems of genuine quality who will start week in week out  but the quality of the squad isn’t the only issue needing fixed IMO

22 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Give the new sporting director a chance to do his job. I think the squad has improved in January and will again in the summer. Have a little faith. I think next season will be transitional and improve beyond that. 

Yes I agree with that and we’ve got a load of eggs in the Savage basket this summer coming. Early days of course but of the January signings SO FAR, only one has a look about him that has me enthused. Results certainly haven’t improved since they were signed, but yes, Savage is exempt from judgement at this stage. His job starts in the summer.

thecarnbeejambo

how long are we going to put up with 5 year plan..a  defeat or a draw in this league should be a shock result.. instead it has become the norm. teams have worked us out.. stay compact for 35.mins until we run out of ideas then have a go at us...then usually score.. then we go at it trying to save a point.getting pissed of with.. we are 11 points ahead.. thats the minimum we expect to be...sorry robbie but thanks for last time but coming back very rarely works.

I disagree with the notion that because we've been rubbish before we shouldn't complain about being rubbish now.  I moaned then and I'm moaning now.

I was at Firhill for the 5-0 loss when we were extremely lucky to get 0.  Didnt stop me from seeing every game that season and around 20 reserve games.

Did heaps of moaning.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The majority of this mob will be here next season and almost all of them will struggle I’d be astonished if we bankrolled yet another rebuild. The only rider I’d put on that is if Savage is the real deal and can bring in half a dozen gems of genuine quality who will start week in week out  but the quality of the squad isn’t the only issue needing fixed IMO

I don’t agree that ‘almost all’ of them will struggle in the SPL. See the  ‘who stays/goes’ thread. 

The desperation for the club to fail is reaching new depths. 

To even think about next season is absolutely batshit bonkers in the extreme, to bash the current squad and manager over the head with seer like abilities about what might happen next season is lunacy.

Please fail now Robbie because we're going to fail next season seems to be the babyman group think.....its ****ing hilarious  tbh

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

how long are we going to put up with 5 year plan..a  defeat or a draw in this league should be a shock result.. instead it has become the norm. teams have worked us out.. stay compact for 35.mins until we run out of ideas then have a go at us...then usually score.. then we go at it trying to save a point.getting pissed of with.. we are 11 points ahead.. thats the minimum we expect to be...sorry robbie but thanks for last time but coming back very rarely works.

Ooo look at me saying Five Year plan wothout knowing what it actually was or more likely just ignoring what it was so I can shout loudly on an internet forum.

Defeats and draws happen. However I agree that after teams settle and get compact we run out of ideas.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t agree that ‘almost all’ of them will struggle in the SPL. See the  ‘who stays/goes’ thread. 

Neither do I but honest to **** this place at times....

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

To even think about next season is absolutely batshit bonkers in the extreme, to bash the current squad and manager over the head with seer like abilities about what might happen next season is lunacy.

Please fail now Robbie because we're going to fail next season seems to be the babyman group think.....its ****ing hilarious  tbh

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well that sums it up id say

Just now, davemclaren said:

Well we’ll just have to wait and see on that one. IMO our current central defence will struggle, our current middle of the park will struggle and we only have part of the answer up front. 

Who stays/goes is a decent thread with diverse opinion on it. It takes scant account of football contract rules though. They’ve got to want to stay or go.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Well we’ll just have to wait and see on that one. IMO our current central defence will struggle, our current middle of the park will struggle and we only have part of the answer up front. 

Who stays/goes is a decent thread with diverse opinion on it. It takes scant account of football contract rules though. They’ve got to want to stay or go.

I fo think we will need 5/6 players but that’s no surprise fir a promoted ( hopefully ) team. 

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t see anyone on this thread or anywhere else on the board that wants Hearts to fail. Indeed very few in fact who want Robbie to fail. 

Have your opinion by all means. Support and justify the manager by all means, but don’t make stuff up about genuine Hearts fans wanting the club to fail. It’s insulting and you know fine it’s a load of shite.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dave, could you have a word with JKB heirarchy and stop encouraging and supporting the club by sponsoring the games please, it's not what the Babyman Jkb section of the support want.

Failure is the preferred option for this season and sponsoring the club is far to positive and not acceptable.

Please pass on my concerns.

Cheers Bullseye.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t see anyone on this thread or anywhere else on the board that wants Hearts to fail. Indeed very few in fact who want Robbie to fail. 

Have your opinion by all means. Support and justify the manager by all means, but don’t make stuff up about genuine Hearts fans wanting the club to fail. It’s insulting and you know fine it’s a load of shite.

Slagging off the club and players is wanting them to fail.

Edited by Bull's-eye

o

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

Every transfer window we seem to need 5 or 6 new players and every season that's what gets trotted out to get us by.

is 5/6 new players per season that unusual for most clubs, especially when promoted?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I fo think we will need 5/6 players but that’s no surprise fir a promoted ( hopefully ) team. 

I agree but they have to be this time, 5/6 who are first picks and better than the first picks they are displacing. No experiments. No recovering cripples. No ageing pros on holiday. Good solid 23-27 year olds who have done something somewhere half decent and we’re their next level. And we need to sort out that academy once and for all and start getting 2 or 3 a year coming through, otherwise it’s a pointless but significant expense and we should bin it if it’s not supplying the first team.

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No it simply isn’t. It’s just your skewed and pretty narrow juvenile interpretation 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

o

is 5/6 new players per season that unusual for most clubs, especially when promoted?

5/6 is pretty normal I’d say. 10,11,12 and more sometimes, summer after summer is something not normal though I’d say, and a sign of a serious institutional flaw in recruitment and development 

McGlynn The Money
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Only in the very childish minds of those who think you can't criticise your own team.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

No it simply isn’t. It’s just your skewed and pretty narrow juvenile interpretation 

Correct.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

o

Even in this days it's a bit much for most clubs. Also the guy said every transfer window, not every season. We seem to make wholesale changes every window with very little logic to it.

Ryan Edwards is a perfect example of the scattergun approach of the last few years. Signed then loaned out before the season even started, brought back in desperation, started in a cup final then punted. No rhyme or reason to it whatsoever.

We are garbage but we have good players therefore it must be the coaches.  Bored saying it.  To challenge the old firm in this country you need to go a bit leftfield. We did with stendel shat our pants and brought in leveins little clone. Stendel didn't give a toss about going to Celtic or rangers which always gives you a chance.  Robbie will never go there looking to win.  What's the point

I think Craig Levein (first time round) said he didn’t want to sign players who thought Hearts were as high as they would go. He wanted players who saw us as a significant step onto the ladder but A stepping stone . Do that and you get hungry players. Does anyone look at our squad and see hunger as one of the common attributes amongst them ? Who in our squad has genuine ambition to step up to a higher level ? And who out if those has a genuine chance of doing that ?

Edited by JimmyCant

I’m sick of all the signings every single window 

I’m annoyed by lack of kids coming through 

That’s two major issues before even getting to on field

McGlynn The Money
41 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The club and Robbie said that GMS was a signing for next season and beyond. Does that make them "batshit bonkers" and part of the "babyman group think" too?

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

So.......anyone for another five year plan? 

Yes - every year there should be a 5 year plan - it’s the ‘strategic way’ ♥️♥️♥️♥️

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. As calming as a red rag to a bull. Even in real life there is no phrase that winds up an angry man quite as much as ‘Calm down’. The standard response being ‘WHO THE **** ARE YOU TELLING TO CALM DOWN’ 😂

Wow this reads that you are angry!

Hopefully it passes 

18 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The club and Robbie said that GMS was a signing for next season and beyond. Does that make them "batshit bonkers" and part of the "babyman group think" too?

No idea, I don't pay any attention to what the club or manager says as its always Shite and generally leads to babymen pulling apart the comments. Good or bad. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No idea, I don't pay any attention to what the club or manager says as its always Shite and generally leads to babymen pulling apart the comments. Good or bad. 

see when you use the babyman phrase or the like it reminds me of when you had that good idea about setting up a bank account to collect money which would have been spent on away tickets - unfortunately it ran into an admin issue to which you appeared to burst into tears throw a tantrum and then infer that if the mods claim the idea it would be allowed to work

genuine babyman reaction :lol: albeit it was disappointing your good idea didn’t quite make it off the ground at the time

the irony makes me laugh every time I see the phrase 

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

see when you use the babyman phrase or the like it reminds me of when you had that good idea about setting up a bank account to collect money which would have been spent on away tickets - unfortunately it ran into an admin issue to which you appeared to burst into tears throw a tantrum and then infer that if the mods claim the idea it would be allowed to work

genuine babyman reaction :lol: albeit it was disappointing your good idea didn’t quite make it off the ground at the time

the irony makes me laugh every time I see the phrase 

I think you need to get out more. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s why it’s about who SHOULD stay or go. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s why it’s about who SHOULD stay or go. 

Yes I understand that but you only have to look at Damour to see that SHOULD is an irrelevant argument.

Edited by JimmyCant

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Excellent post 👍

It is, and pretty much nails it for me. We have made a complete arse of the last few years. (fed up saying it)

Past calming down past getting angry frankly.

I'll believe we've turned a corner when I see evidence of it on the park.

None so far same old ponderous clueless shite of past few years.

Top of a tinpot league but still playing below ourselves.

Unacceptable unless you think Hearts are a yo-yo  club between bottom of premier and championship.

Nelson will be here a while more under achieving no matter how low we make the bar.

Usual tosh about what we're going to do as a club and nauseum.

We've seen it been it done it 4 years and counting same old story.

We will be in poor shape for the top league next season more poor signings and a manager out of his depth and a CEO who let it run way too long.

It's the Hearts way these days.

Been wanting to be proved wrong for years now but still got another couple of seasons of shite on the horizon.

Ho hum

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Have calmed down but we are still utter shite and torture to watch

yes we will win the league bla bla and bla but yes we are f*****g cack time for a change mate.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Every week there's a thread telling us to calm down and be realistic. Why not just bump the same thread every week and save us hearing the same repetitive #### after every game. It wasn't a blip today, it was the same as half a dozen other performances. The only difference at the end is Nelson finding a different excuse. I don't want to calm down. I'm raging.

Raging. This thread title may have been written just for you.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The thread title is well meaning but misplaced. Consistently bad performances, like we've seen recently, will cause a reaction. If it didn't I would be more concerned that apathy had set in.

Can’t believe all the, we will win this league at a canter. All it needs is a rival to go on a good, no average run for the last 10 games and their back in it. We have been losing points and playing shit and there is nothing to suggest at this moment we are capable of any kind of run. These guys earn thousands and put themselves by their profession up for judgement. I love my team but that is one lazy, non motivated, wage thieves, shower o shit and deserve to judged accordingly by the support.

Re the manager, I would rather he saw and dealt with the poor displays and attitude, rather than blaming everything else. The only fine margin should be whether it is the toe or his whole foot that goes up the arse of some of these players.

But apart from that I will put my head back into the sand and await next season when we are challenging and back in the top six................my arse!

Edited by Mabawsa

8 hours ago, sadj said:

Aye mate I expect to just turn up and beat everyone. Im just not a toys out the pram. Been around football too long to have the lunacy of a fan where my views are extreme. Im sorry we are winning the league at a trot as we have rarely had any need to canter , is that better for your ego?

I genuinely couldn’t give a shiney shite about the League Cup this year. I want to ensure promotion first and foremost. I wasnt in favour of the cup semis or cup final being played either. This is a mental year it is not your run of the mill in terms of mentality for players either by a lomg long way. 

So Budge is here because Neilson is boss and because Sir Gio posted a favourable post. He should have said Robbie sack Ann and she’d have not been here? 

A man that understands....Not hard is it...

Fairly regular defeats? This season we have lost a game we shouldn't to Dunfy , Dundee and Raith.. Because we couldnt ****ing convert chances. QotS and Morton i give a bit of credit too as they weathered our start and sat in and we couldnt create but we still missed chances that should have seen us win the game. This season as I said above is about winning the Championship. Thats it. Anything else just doesnt have the same priority. 

🤣🤘🏻👌🏻

Wasn’t sad he left , wasn’t fussed about getting him back. I do know wHat he wants and whAt he expects and where he wants to take us. No one is enthused about performances. Unfortunately results are what matter this year. So far we are doing what we need too. We are too wasteful. Some of the shit thrown at players is insane , Kastaneer for instance today got ripped yet he played well first half and GMS should have come off not him. Our touch and control was seriously lacking again today - thats a concern as that suggests mind isnt on the game fully.

Indeed

So we didn’t win because we didn’t score. Wonderful analysis. Of course our opposition can say exactly the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Mabawsa said:

Can’t believe all the, we will win this league at a canter. All it needs is a rival to go on a good run for the last 10 games and their back in i

Far to sensible for the RN canter brigade.