Calm Down.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• JimmyCant

• davemclaren

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Most of us agree the football hasn't been great and there needs to be changes on the park in the summer but everytime we lose / draw it's get rid of this one and that one !! Change has happened with bringing in a chief executive and a Director of Football but we've got to give them a little bit of time to make the changes they see necessary.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

As usual, never mind the three years+ of pish people, it’ll get better soon.

Are there any youth players coming through our academy?

Its the same old tired 14 players each and every week

Thought the plan was to find talented, exiting youths and sell them on for a profit for the club

Name me a player Robbie has bought and we will make a profit on in years to come?

No wonder people are worried

Good OP. There's enough shite in the world to get you down at the moment. Drawing with Morton isn't one of them.

Great deal of perspective needed. Hearts fans seriously do my ****ing head in sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

🙈

Malinga the Swinga
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You're wasting your time. The same guys leap from thread to thread on here, media to media elsewhere desperately trying to be the most outraged of all. If they spot player who hasn't been criticised, they need to take turn starting it so their friends can join in. 

Most couldn't find their way to Tynecastle if their lives depended on it. They certainly don't watch on paying stream, and won't ever contribute towards Foundation. 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Good OP. There's enough shite in the world to get you down at the moment. Drawing with Morton isn't one of them.

Great deal of perspective needed. Hearts fans seriously do my ****ing head in sometimes.

This thread will be a cesspit 🙈 Im away back to the referendum thread for less keyboard mashing

How much time does one need to work out how to win in the second tier while having the resources of a top tier club?

The training clearly isn't good enough if this is the result. And that solely lies with Neilson. And then selecting a squad with an average age of 30+ isn't going to set the heather on fire is it?

Edited by kila

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You're wasting your time. The same guys leap from thread to thread on here, media to media elsewhere desperately trying to be the most outraged of all. If they spot player who hasn't been criticised, they need to take turn starting it so their friends can join in. 

Most couldn't find their way to Tynecastle if their lives depended on it. They certainly don't watch on paying stream, and won't ever contribute towards Foundation. 

Not always in agreement with your posts but this for the most part is spot on imo

gordon simpson

I have followed Hearts for 50 odd years and apart from a few years  we have been not the best but never have I seen so much venom directed at our players and club ; SAD

Fort Vallance

Every week there's a thread telling us to calm down and be realistic. Why not just bump the same thread every week and save us hearing the same repetitive #### after every game. It wasn't a blip today, it was the same as half a dozen other performances. The only difference at the end is Nelson finding a different excuse. I don't want to calm down. I'm raging.

14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Just need a couple more transfer windows...............................................

They only thing giving me hope for the coming windows is that we have Savage in now to vet the Signings 

Just now, gordon simpson said:

I have followed Hearts for 50 odd years and apart from a few years  we have been not the best but never have I seen so much venom directed at our players and club ; SAD

You didn’t tune in to JKB last season then?

Fort Vallance
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Patronising. There are hundreds of people on here paying an awful lot of money to watch the crap we're being dealt up. If you don't think that gives them a right to be critical you're in the minority.

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just started watching Hearts?? Anybody who has followed the club for the last few decades would realise that your comment is dog shit

Edited by OldGorgie

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

They only thing giving me hope for the coming windows is that we have Savage in now to vet the Signings 

If McEneff was his choice👍

If GMS😨

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most couldn't find their way to Tynecastle, pretty hard as we are in lockdown 😂

How do you know who pays what etc, that's a disgrace saying that, do you believe you are a better supporter or something, all because people have a different opinion, to you pathetic mate grow up. 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You didn’t tune in to JKB last season then?

A very valid comment from Gordon. I don’t think people realise how far our club has slumped under the current set up. Memories of Wallace Mercer and Tommy Walker makes most true supporters who watch the current setup  want to vomit.

gorgie al 1960
9 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

hear hear my friend

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

To be fair GMS should be a good signing 

If you like watching seaside donkeys, I agree. But maybe I’m old fashioned but I expect wingers to beat the full back and get a good cross in, rather than ****ing up every decent opportunity.

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

A very valid comment from Gordon. I don’t think people realise how far our club has slumped under the current set up. Memories of Wallace Mercer and Tommy Walker makes most true supporters who watch the current setup  want to vomit.

You don’t have to go that far back - think back to the JJ era!

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not always in agreement with your posts but this for the most part is spot on imo

I think the laddie is an absolute loony in The Shed and a Legend in The Terrace. 

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good post. 

The Hogfather
41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've been in this rut for 5 years though, that's the problem. Taken as a stand alone result, we've had results like this throughout our history, but it's not a standalone result. It's just another lazy, uninspired performance we've seen week in and week out for half a decade. So I understand why people are angry. Through no fault of their own, the chief exec and sporting director are under a lot of pressure to see immediate results because the fans are sick of being told that things are going to get better without any evidence to back it up.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think the laddie is an absolute loony in The Shed and a Legend in The Terrace. 

Good post. 

Here, only loony on politics threads. My non political ones aren't too bad. Not been called laddie for about 45 years. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Here, only loony on politics threads. My non political ones aren't too bad. Not been called laddie for about 45 years. 

🤣

47 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's not been good enough for about 3 years now, but from what I've seen of the players only just signed in the January window, by the new Director of football, I genuinely think things will get better. Give the new guys a chance to do their job I say.

I don’t know about calm down, I’m finding it incredibly stressful watching these days. I won’t stop paying into FOH but I do often think it is a waste of money.  I don’t think it should cost anywhere near the money being pumped in to put that sort of dross on display.

TheOnlyWayis51

Sod that, you can tell when a team are on the up. That feeling on the morning of a match that you get in your stomach - excitement, anticipation, that you're going to be entertained. Footballers in the team that may be a bit rough around the edges but have the potential to get you out of your seat. The feeling that you're going to go to a team like Morton and give them a proper pumping.

None of this "calm down" stuff, this is Hearts, every single player in every other team in the league should be looking at us with fear and jealousy and thinking "I want to be a part of that rather than stuck here". Does anyone think that's happening right now?

We're a soft touch. We need to go and put ten past some ***** like we did with Cowdenbeath a few years back.

Just now, gavvy said:

It's not been good enough for about 3 years now, but from what I've seen of the players only just signed in the January window, by the new Director of football, I genuinely think things will get better. Give the new guys a chance to do their job I say.

At the risk of sounding cliched ( again ) the next three games can make or break our season. 😎

I might be the only one, and that's fair enough i'll take the backlash: i'm pretty fed up of the whole 'time' and 'plan' pish. I might be wrong but I never ever hear about other clubs spouting this pish. 

Why can't we just go out and win a game over 90minutes, we have far better players and far better facilities to train said players. It's like we've fell into a sleepwalk where it's ok to lose games because we are waiting on some masterplan unfolding.

I mean, what was the plan? Because its failed drastically and doesn't seem like becoming a raring success any time soon.

54 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

People have been saying similar for over three years now.  A major reason why we are in this division.  It is not all down to the incompetent and corrupt SPFL. 

35 minutes ago, Locky said:

Yeh, because expecting a squad or our size and cost to beat Morton at home, or play decent football occasionally, is such a ludicrous expectation. 

Edited by Paolo

Just now, GinRummy said:

Calm down threads are good though. 

They are.  They are reassuring, until you ask yourself why they are needed so often. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's not the DoF or CE that need changed.

It might be if they have their eyes blinded by 'top of championship'.

19 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

If you like watching seaside donkeys, I agree. But maybe I’m old fashioned but I expect wingers to beat the full back and get a good cross in, rather than ****ing up every decent opportunity.

On paper he should be that he’s not started well granted to say he’s a donkey is just madness 

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yeh, because expecting a squad or our size and cost to beat Morton at home, or play decent football occasionally, is such a ludicrous expectation. 

We can't win every single game Paolo. We've won 12 out of 17. That's pretty good going if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

They are.  They are reassuring, until you ask yourself why they are needed so often. 

I feel really relaxed and in touch with my inner self every time I read one. Serene. 

22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You don’t have to go that far back - think back to the JJ era!

Or the Vlad era.  Skacel, Hartley et al.  Like playing a different game altogether.