Kastaneer

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Thought he was awful last week, looked ok first half but then first ten minutes of second half he looked like he had never played football before.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• sadj

• Robbo-Jambo

• Thomaso

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Thought he was awful last week, looked ok first half but then first ten minutes of second half he looked like he had never played football before.

Not sure how match fit he is. Hasn’t completed 90 minutes so far. 

been here before
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Aye looked decent first 45 then fell away after the break. Not theonly one mind and a few of them never even started.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Don't think he's played for ages, so maybe a bit rusty, but not really an excuse to how badly he played 2nd half 

Whoever it was on the left side for Morton put in some lovely crosses in the 1st half. Neither of out starting wide guys did much of anything, again. That said, maybe just for once give them a ball to run on to and go forward.

lost in space

Much better than GMS. Kastaneer at least put in a challenge. He has strength but tired after half time. 

It is worth giving him a couple more games to see what he can bring to us.

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, CalMac said:

Whoever it was on the left side for Morton put in some lovely crosses in the 1st half. Neither of out starting wide guys did much of anything, again. That said, maybe just for once give them a ball to run on to and go forward.

I noticed on the highlights at the start of the broadcast that the young Raith lad on loan from Rangers looked impressive again. 

I thought he actually played pretty well in the first half; good touch and got beyond his man a few times, with some decent delivery...first 10 mins of second half he had a mare; however I would have persevered with him, rather than GMS, as he offered nothing for 90 mins...he’s probably been the most disappointing of all the signings. 

Edited by combo74

Looked very promising in the first 15 minutes, like a new player, then reverted to type.

Hoping he will come good in the next few games. GMS a real concern, will give him time but he hasn’t really shown anything at all yet up against poor opposition. 

20 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Much better than GMS. Kastaneer at least put in a challenge. He has strength but tired after half time. 

It is worth giving him a couple more games to see what he can bring to us.

Agree , thought he was ok 1st half and obviously fell away the 2nd half, still think he might be half decent , put it this way if there was a 50-50 situation. I’d have him rather than Gms going in for it. (Actually I’d have my pet dug going for it rather than Gms)

He played well early, linking up with Naismith, then Naismith went off the boil and he wasn’t as goof, but still good first half I thought.

Second half obviously not as good but I shouted at the TV when it wasn’t GMS coming off. Kastaneer made a few misjudgements second half but he was at least trying to get involved and impose himself on the game. GMS hid, like he always does.

And I’ve noticed for some reason Dunsire and Sandison don’t seem to want to say anything negative about GMS but always seem quick with other players, including Kastaneer.

Think he is worth persevering with.

Showed some good touches first half and got past his man a few times.

Has played very little recently so hopefully his touch will improve.

Certainly on the team sheet way before GMS

HillmanHearts

Good first half. 

Fell away after a couple of things went wrong 2nd half.

He has attributes.but needs something to happen to kick on.

Confidence is key.

Seriously counter productive for fans to rip the pish early on.

Serves no-one.

ToadKiller Dog

Decent enough first half , but once we lost that goal like most of the rest of the team started to turn into nervous wreaks and make errors .

GMS should have been swapped before him.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Actually thought he had taken alcohol at half time. 

He just couldn't do anything right when he came back out. 

1 hour ago, andrew said:

5 wingers signed in two windows, 4 of them are absolute dogshit and the other is made of glass.

That about covers it tbh. 

6 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Decent enough first half , but once we lost that goal like most of the rest of the team started to turn into nervous wreaks and make errors .

GMS should have been swapped before him.

looked noticeably good up until he was switched from the left to the right

Hate to say it but we would have been better off with Aidie White and Frear on the wings today. GMS and Kastaneer were poor today.

Edited by Deevers

Great chance to score in 2nd half and kicks the ball with his left foot whilst swinging with his right! 🙈

6 hours ago, andrew said:

5 wingers signed in two windows, 4 of them are absolute dogshit and the other is made of glass.

It’s quite unbelievable to be honest. 

who actually watches these players and thinks yes they are good let’s sign them 

I know nothing about scouting but i could tell after watching our wingers for a couple of games they are terrible.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, nailed by the king said:

Dreadful! A guy who will be playing part time in some obscure league shortly 

Already accomplished the obscure league bit.

8 hours ago, swilso said:

Think he showed enough in the first half to deserve another chance

Looking at his build I think he’s carrying a bit of extra timber. Certainly tired badly but at least he showed for the ball. When you have a player who’s got nothing left in the tank you need to take him off, even if others you leave on (yes YOU GMS) are not contributing. I’d like to see him when he’s fitter but probably he doesn’t have enough time left to impress enough for a contract. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Looking at his build I think he’s carrying a bit of extra timber. Certainly tired badly but at least he showed for the ball. When you have a player who’s got nothing left in the tank you need to take him off, even if others you leave on (yes YOU GMS) are not contributing. I’d like to see him when he’s fitter but probably he doesn’t have enough time left to impress enough for a contract. 

We should not be playing players that is not good enough for HMFC ! And he is one of them .

4 hours ago, One five said:

We should not be playing players that is not good enough for HMFC ! And he is one of them .

I hope Kastaneer  is a success for us but is he a better player than Wighton?  Not from what I've seen.

I know writing players off is the fashionable thing to do on JKB these days, but to write a player off after only 147 minutes of football - having just signed for the team with limited ability to get used to teammates or tactics - is quite frankly ludicrous.

Not to mention he’s not played much for his parent club so match fitness will undoubtedly be an issue. Then you throw into things that out of the three (non full) games he’s played he’s shown enough in two of them to see there’s a player in there, and in the early stages yesterday looked really good (before wings were swapped, most likely to accommodate GMS doing nothing) then the writing him off is even more ludicrous.

I’m not going to write any player off who’s played so little, as I don’t think you can get the whole picture of a player after so little time. If I did think that I would be calling for GMS to not be anywhere near a match day squad, it’s only because we’ve seen what he can do in Scotland before that he’s not being written off, yet in over 500 minutes of football GMS has shown less than Kastaneer in his 147.

It is possible for someone not to play 8/10+ in his first few outings and then be good later. Patience is not a virtue with most it seems. Sort of guys that refuse to tip a takeaway driver if the meal takes over 10 minutes...

Edited by BackOfTheNet

30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I hope Kastaneer  is a success for us but is he a better player than Wighton?  Not from what I've seen.

Why the comparison to Wighton mate? That’s two threads and comparing the two of them. They play different positions.