Jump to content

****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****


Furious Styles

Recommended Posts

Queens will probably be without Sheilds (best player/top goalscorer), Dobbie (plenty of goals in his career) and a couple of others so would probably prefer game off BUT I think it has a good chance of taking place. No more snow forecast, roads clear and only temperatures to worry about

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thomaso

    68

  • Sir Gio

    58

  • Robbo-Jambo

    45

  • GinRummy

    42

6 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Queens will probably be without Sheilds (best player/top goalscorer), Dobbie (plenty of goals in his career) and a couple of others so would probably prefer game off BUT I think it has a good chance of taking place. No more snow forecast, roads clear and only temperatures to worry about

 

 

Edited by theshed
Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson

Its like a summers day in Dumfries. Bright blue sky, no wind whatsoever. My weather app is saying -4 but im just back from a walk with the dog and its nowhere near that cold at all. No reason to even think the game could be called for the weather down here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

 

 

Roads and weather in Ayr are fine and there's usually not much difference between  Ayr and Stranraer. You're right enough about the wind though. The BBC is showing 50mph for Stranraer and 17mph for Ayr on Friday night. Something wrong somewhere.

 

BBC Weather for Friday as at 1000 today;

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by sandyk
Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott980612

Took 6 of them at home. 
They will be the first team that we batter home & away this season. 
 
0-4

Link to post
Share on other sites
Super_Hans
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i'm really annoyed we have not scored another ten goals

Should have done. Seen some of the worst misses ever this season. At least two open goals.

Some great goalkeeping from the opposition as well to be fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
14 hours ago, theshed said:

 

Mackay-Steven doesn’t deserve a start so if he scores it should be from bench 

So Frear instead then? Henderson the better option?
stupid comment

hes not match fit. In order to get match fit, you have to play matches. Thought that was pretty obvious

Link to post
Share on other sites
Groatallar
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So Frear instead then? Henderson the better option?
stupid comment

hes not match fit. In order to get match fit, you have to play matches. Thought that was pretty obvious

This - GMS clearly not fit but a much better option than Frear who has been poor in almost every game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So Frear instead then? Henderson the better option?
stupid comment

hes not match fit. In order to get match fit, you have to play matches. Thought that was pretty obvious


Play the new guy that replaced him last week.. swap them round 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:


Absolutely. Anyone that’s ever played on a frozen solid 3G pitch in a strong wind knows it’s a huge leveller. Rather it was off and we played them in better conditions. If it goes ahead would be happy with another scrappy 1-0 win.

Pah, we used to play on concrete during the break at school, with a squashed Coke can. Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are; snowflakes. 😁

 

the-monty-python-team-try-001.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Its like a summers day in Dumfries. Bright blue sky, no wind whatsoever. My weather app is saying -4 but im just back from a walk with the dog and its nowhere near that cold at all. No reason to even think the game could be called for the weather down here 

 

Would the freezing temp not effect the pitch?

Edited by Lambo85
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

 

A frozen pitch maybe unless QOTS have undersoil heating?

 

Temp in Dumfries is not going to get about 2 degrees over the next 2 days and will be -2 when around kick off.

 

Should be fine on the astro at that temperature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
45 minutes ago, theshed said:


Play the new guy that replaced him last week.. swap them round 

So play the new boy out of position?

Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Its like a summers day in Dumfries. Bright blue sky, no wind whatsoever. My weather app is saying -4 but im just back from a walk with the dog and its nowhere near that cold at all. No reason to even think the game could be called for the weather down here 


Frozen pitch would be my concern. Do QotS have undersoil heating?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

 

 

That's me convinced we're winning 4-1, no. 41 to open the scoring... Hmm, no 41, will have to be Naisy 14.   Maybe score all 4 🤔

 

 

Of course I'll take another 1-0 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

 

Did we feck. Neilson won his first six which included 3 Betfred group games and then lost to Alloa in Betfred second round in 7th game. So he won 6 straight. 

That’s just factually wrong.  We won our first 8 games of the season.  And here’s you having a pop that we don’t do winning runs.  Honestly some of our so called ‘fans’ are something else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

 

Did we feck. Neilson won his first six which included 3 Betfred group games and then lost to Alloa in Betfred second round in 7th game. So he won 6 straight. 

wrong, we won our first 8 games, the 9th game was the defeat v dunfermline (2-1) then we beat alloa 3-0 and then in our 11th game of the season we lost AET to alloa

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

 

Would the freezing temp not effect the pitch?

Its honestly never anywhere near that temp. Very mild. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:


Frozen pitch would be my concern. Do QotS have undersoil heating?

No chance of a frozen pitch. Really not cold at all. Not sure if Palmerston has heating in the changing rooms never mind under the pitch

Link to post
Share on other sites
Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

 

That's me convinced we're winning 4-1, no. 41 to open the scoring... Hmm, no 41, will have to be Naisy 14.   Maybe score all 4 🤔

 

 

Of course I'll take another 1-0 😉 

Of course, yes.  However, the losing of shit on here on the way to a measly 1-0 will be tediously predictable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy

Hopefully game is on Ok for another Friday night of Beer and Jambos 🍺  Fancy us 2-0 in this one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

Crappy conditions always suit the inferior team. We saw that at Ayr. If the weather's shite then I'd be happy for a postponement....

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian

Think we should have enough about us to snatch three points. I'll take a 2-1. Would prefer a bigger margin but that'll do me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Devorgilla

Sounds like there are a few other Hearts supporters in Dumfries!  
 

Anybody any idea how soon before kick off the team usually gets to an away game?  I’m about ten minutes walk from Palmerston so wondered if my daily exercise walk could coincidentally coincide with the team bus(es) arriving?!

 

Live (14.35) weather conditions report:  sunny, 2.6 degrees C in the shade (but well above ground level) and garden grass frozen/still with frost on it.

 

And to think that before Christmas, with Dumfries and Galloway in tier 4, I was wondering if Queens could somehow allow in locally resident away supporters, even if others elsewhere were still prevented from travelling!

Link to post
Share on other sites
sandylejambo

I would like to think the game would be on, 1-the games on tv and might not be for the rearranged game, 2-they have players out who might be back. 3- let other teams with games in hand, play three times a week to get them done. points in the bag are much more valuable than games in hand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

No chance of a frozen pitch. Really not cold at all. Not sure if Palmerston has heating in the changing rooms never mind under the pitch


That’s good to hear 👍🏻
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

-4° tonight in Dumfries. 4° during the day.

 

Would rather play on concrete. Best of luck, Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Took 6 of them at home. 
They will be the first team that we batter home & away this season. 
 
0-4

You forget raith aye 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Pah, we used to play on concrete during the break at school, with a squashed Coke can. Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are; snowflakes. 😁

 

the-monty-python-team-try-001.jpg

I remember those days.  I also remember a moron in my school forgetting a squashed tin can have sharp edges and shouldn't be headered.  Off to A&E he went with a 3 inch gash in his forehead.  Blood everywhere and to this day, 35 years later, he's still known as 'Gash' both because of this incident and he was a truly shite footballer.

Edited by Heartsofgold
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I remember those days.  I also remember a moron in my school forgetting a squashed tin can have sharp edges and shouldn't be headered.  Off to A&E he went with a 3 inch gash in his forehead.  Blood everywhere and to this day, 35 years later, he's still known as 'Gash' both because of this incident and she was a truly shite footballer.

I won't bother with the obvious !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

I won't bother with the obvious !

Oops, edited to the correct gender

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambojock9
1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

Sounds like there are a few other Hearts supporters in Dumfries!  
 

Anybody any idea how soon before kick off the team usually gets to an away game?  I’m about ten minutes walk from Palmerston so wondered if my daily exercise walk could coincidentally coincide with the team bus(es) arriving?!

 

Live (14.35) weather conditions report:  sunny, 2.6 degrees C in the shade (but well above ground level) and garden grass frozen/still with frost on it.

 

And to think that before Christmas, with Dumfries and Galloway in tier 4, I was wondering if Queens could somehow allow in locally resident away supporters, even if others elsewhere were still prevented from travelling!

They are staying at the Holiday inn up at the crichton 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

Sounds like there are a few other Hearts supporters in Dumfries!  
 

Anybody any idea how soon before kick off the team usually gets to an away game?  I’m about ten minutes walk from Palmerston so wondered if my daily exercise walk could coincidentally coincide with the team bus(es) arriving?!

 

Live (14.35) weather conditions report:  sunny, 2.6 degrees C in the shade (but well above ground level) and garden grass frozen/still with frost on it.

 

And to think that before Christmas, with Dumfries and Galloway in tier 4, I was wondering if Queens could somehow allow in locally resident away supporters, even if others elsewhere were still prevented from travelling!

 

Half thought about getting a set of ladders and watching over the wall on Terregles Street

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I would like to think the game would be on, 1-the games on tv and might not be for the rearranged game, 2-they have players out who might be back. 3- let other teams with games in hand, play three times a week to get them done. points in the bag are much more valuable than games in hand. 

The fact that a re-arranged game may not be on tv is a huge incentive for QoS to fail to get the pitch ready tomorrow. They get ppv income from a re-arranged game that isn’t on bbc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
And he’s not praying!
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Remember the bogs from our last trip in the Championship?


Haunting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Remember the bogs from our last trip in the Championship?

Aye, I ******* do 🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:


Haunting. 

 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye, I ******* do 🙁

My Mrs says I recreate this every day in the bathroom :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
11 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I was working in Lockerbie yesterday. Got there and back no problem.

 

Don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to travel, but the weather and travel experts on here will know better I suppose.

 

No shortage of them on here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Hoyle
22 hours ago, Barack said:

QotS on a decent run...oh, no! However shall we cope?! 😭

 

What's Hearts' run? Event Horizon?

 

Hearts -2. 

That kind of attitude saw us lose at Alloa!! 
We can’t just turn up and think we will stroll it or we tend to lose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

 

My Mrs says I recreate this every day in the bathroom :(

 

😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

That kind of attitude saw us lose at Alloa!! 
We can’t just turn up and think we will stroll it or we tend to lose. 

Aye. Supporter's attitudes on a football forum, do tend to influence the match.

 

I'll watch it from now on, William.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...