****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Looking forward to this. If we start the strongest team and also start with a good tempo and pressing game we shouldn't have too many problems.

Not sure why we wouldn’t play our strongest team. Not like we need to save anyone for cup games etc

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure why we wouldn’t play our strongest team. Not like we need to save anyone for cup games etc

Also not like we actually have any young players in the squad currently as all seem to be out on loan (exceptions being Irving, Henderson & McGill).

So don't think we'll be playing any youth really this season besides Irving and the odd Henderson appearance. 

24 minutes ago, My half sister said:

QoS away was one of the highlights of the 14/15 Championship season, their fans were very friendly and the whole town seemed to enjoy our presence.

It's just a pity their chairman took the Celtic pound and as a result, I will never set foot in their ground again.

The first match that season was a potentially tough one on paper but we had the game won by half time. More of the same tonight Hearts.

Changed days since the early 80s then...   :whistling:   Glad to hear it though!   :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Changed days since the early 80s then...   :whistling:   Glad to hear it though!   :thumbsup:

You can say that again!!!  Spent a weekend in the cells and the Sherriff came to the conclusion at the subsequent trial that the police were lying.  (Not difficult when two said they arrested me in the car park and one said in the ground). They lied through their teeth.

Hilarious that, after my life changed when I became a Christian in 1991 and subsequently went to Bible college, I was minister in Dalbeattie for 7 years and I am friendly with the QoS chaplain.

The wheels of life keep on turning. 

5 hours ago, Nobreath said:

See this on Reddit.

Quite interesting for stat geeks.:smile:

vtkci4trbug61.jpg

Do you need to be Alan Turing to work this out?

36 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

QoS in the 70s was a mental away trip,back in the days when it was all a bit mental. Remember one particular running battle from our end,round the back of their stand towards their opposite end.

I got a bit isolated and took a proper doing. 

Serves me right, sruffy wee ned.

Good laugh mind🤣🥴🤤

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

QoS in the 70s was a mental away trip,back in the days when it was all a bit mental. Remember one particular running battle from our end,round the back of their stand towards their opposite end.

Good laugh mind🤣🥴🤤

Around 14,000 at a Scottish Cup tie there iirc. 

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Good laugh mind🤣🥴🤤

Been mentioned before but line of police down middle of the Hearts fans at our end as a few paggers going on between Hearts fans 

I used to love these away trips as well.  Next ti Firhill it was my favourite venue.

Not any more though.  You live by the poisoned vote, you die by the poisoned vote.

48 minutes ago, assessor said:

Been mentioned before but line of police down middle of the Hearts fans at our end as a few paggers going on between Hearts fans 

Cold bus back with very few windows  left on the Drylaw bus

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I know it's part of your brand on here to be negative about absolutely everything, but, when playing Halliday and Irving together in midfield, we have won every game, aside from a draw against Celtic at Hampden. Believe it is Played 10, Won 9, Drawn 1. Not bad for an awful pairing.

That's a 

images (12).jpeg

I see Carlisle home game tomorrow afternoon has already been called off. I guess this is the advantage of an all weather pitch, with temperatures already forecast to be at -2/-3 during the game it might not be a fun night to be out playing football. Let's how the wind stays at 20-25mph not the 40-45mph it's due to reach an hour or two after full-time.

The mascots are expecting victory!

After a week's preparation with the new players it might, just might, be tonight that a total thrashing is meted out.

Unlike the mascots I live, as always, in hope more than expectation ... ❤❤G❤

20210212_152259.jpg

lost in space
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

You can say that again!!!  Spent a weekend in the cells and the Sherriff came to the conclusion at the subsequent trial that the police were lying.  (Not difficult when two said they arrested me in the car park and one said in the ground). They lied through their teeth.

Hilarious that, after my life changed when I became a Christian in 1991 and subsequently went to Bible college, I was minister in Dalbeattie for 7 years and I am friendly with the QoS chaplain.

The wheels of life keep on turning. 

Great that the Police helped you turn your life around.

Such a shame that some give them no credit.........

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Queens 4 wins and a draw from their last 6 games 

Wont be easy but a turgid win will do 

They are about to meet the thunder.... 

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Caramoon said:

Gnanduillet out injured tonight

Someone posting that Wighton away now on loan to Dunfermline.

If Gnando is injured, we are left with only Boyce as a forward.

We have let Roberts go (thankfully) but Henderson has not looked great and Naismith doesnt play on plastic usually.

Not great planning unless we are signing someone.

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

We have let Roberts go (thankfully) but Henderson has not looked great and Naismith doesnt play on plastic usually.

Naismith as striker with McEneff in midfield?

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Has Kastaneer not played as a forward also? Pretty sure i read/heard it somewhere...

12 minutes ago, Caramoon said:

Surely not.  This is just becoming a complete joke.

I assume it has been confirmed that Ginnelly is out for the season.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Surely not.  This is just becoming a complete joke.

I assume it has been confirmed that Ginnelly is out for the season.

He is definitely out tonight. I don't know if it's just a niggle but he is out.

4 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Naismith as striker with McEneff in midfield?

Plenty options. Kasteneer, Boyce, Naismith and Henderson can all play up front.  

10 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It would be good to see Naismith play right up top.  We all know he’s a nuisance, will hassle defenders all day long.  

I’m surprised we haven’t seen that a bit more than we have when we’ve needed to change during matches or do something different from the start. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It would be good to see Naismith play right up top.  We all know he’s a nuisance, will hassle defenders all day long.  

I’m surprised we haven’t seen that a bit more than we have when we’ve needed to change during matches or do something different from the start. 

I now think the choice to play further back is Naismiths.  Couple of managers who have played him out of position so more likely to be coming from him imo. 

38 minutes ago, Caramoon said:

Really?   Someone posted exactly the same thing on last weeks match thread and he started.   Can’t remember who the poster was.   

Edited by Gmcjambo

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Great that the Police helped you turn your life around.

Such a shame that some give them no credit.........

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

PS I am very friendly with the ex-CI of Serious Crime Squad.  Have been most of his adult life even when I was berserking in the 70's.

So, in summary, police had nothing to do with it and I have nothing against the police but, as those who were around in the 70's and 80's, the police behaviour at times at football matches was criminal.  The facts prove it!

Edited by colinmaroon

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Really?   Someone posted exactly the same thing on last weeks match thread and he started.   Can’t remember who the poster was.   

Only passing on info. Certainly wasn't me last week.

lost in space
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

PS I am very friendly with the ex-CI of Serious Crime Squad.  Have been most of his adult life even when I was berserking in the 70's.

So, in summary, police had nothing to do with it and I have nothing against the police but, as though who were around in the 70's and 80's, the police behaviour at times at football matches was criminal.  The facts prove it!

Colin - i was not being Serious. Gone over your head? 😛

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Neilson didn't mention any injuries this morning, apart from Gino's op.

Be strange to omit an important fact like your number 9 has done himself a wrong 'un, I'd have thought.

How very curious.

Robbie mind games, trying to get any conceivable advantage against the mighty QOS?

Or injury happened this afternoon - late training session? Or slipped on some ice getting off the bus?

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That was why I said some of our games, not all, and in terms of  steamrollering the opposition I class anything from a 1-0 win to a 10-0 win as steamrollering the opposition. I accept, in hindsight, it probably does suggest they were all big wins. But to me a win is a win.

👍

32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Too slow nowadays for that. 

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Too slow nowadays for that. 

Arguably,  he is for where he plays now so I have to disagree. We’d have to play a bit differently. You’d want him staying central, staying close to the back line as much as possible. 

This is where the midfield and wingers need to get the finger out and do much more in terms of working the ball more efficiently. Naismith or no Naismith upfront, tbh.  

34 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So, in summary, police had nothing to do with it and I have nothing against the police but, as those who were around in the 70's and 80's, the police behaviour at times at football matches was criminal.  The facts prove it!

The police then were a completely different animal.Slappings were regularly dealt out and accepted as the norm. Much harder being a copper now. I don't envy them at all.

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

We should all pray and put our collective goodwishes towards Nando, if this is indeed true. As Billy, is a firm believer in the power of online football fans' influence on the team's performance.👍🏻

😴😴😴

41 minutes ago, Caramoon said:

Only passing on info. Certainly wasn't me last week.

Info from who?