Ex players who have bad mouthed us

Telford_jambo123

39 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Which was very strange as he was probably our best player in the time he was at Hearts. 

I agree, the football might have been utterly dogshit while he was here but he certainly wasn’t anywhere close to being the biggest issue. Interestingly enough, he scored 5 less goals than Kyle Lafferty (who played 6 games more) but the way the two are generally spoke about, you’d think the difference between the two was on a par with say Vanecek and Robertson

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• ford donald

• Smoked-Glass

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think we have to accept that there are a number of supporters at the club who are 

1. Idiots or

2. Racists

Lafferty is, rightly lauded for his goals but Isma who, I believe had a better goals ratio  was “lazy”.

The abuse his Mrs got was disgusting 

Isma scored 15 in 42

Lafferty scored 20 in 48 

So the goal ratio does tip (very slightly) in Lafferty’s favour but it’s also worth remembering Kyle Lafferty done absolutely Jack shit in terms of being a team player (and only really put in 100% if he was playing Celtic) whereas Isma would always be the one trying to do whatever he could for the team, even if it meant he wouldn’t be on the scoresheet himself.

One of these players is frequently described as “lazy”

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Club subtracted all the expenses for the game from the gate receipts, and that included the cost of the ball.  It was a huge PR error by the Club considering that Bauld was idolised by the fans. King Willie was not amused, but I don't think he actually bad-mouthed Hearts. 

He certainly would not have. A man of great class by all accounts. 

20 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Isma scored 15 in 42

Lafferty scored 20 in 48 

So the goal ratio does tip (very slightly) in Lafferty’s favour but it’s also worth remembering Kyle Lafferty done absolutely Jack shit in terms of being a team player (and only really put in 100% if he was playing Celtic) whereas Isma would always be the one trying to do whatever he could for the team, even if it meant he wouldn’t be on the scoresheet himself.

One of these players is frequently described as “lazy”

If we had to choose 1 of these players to sign again, I would choose Isma over Kyle every day.

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Club subtracted all the expenses for the game from the gate receipts, and that included the cost of the ball.  It was a huge PR error by the Club considering that Bauld was idolised by the fans. King Willie was not amused, but I don't think he actually bad-mouthed Hearts. 

Willie would never ever say anything detrimental about the club or the fans. He had big issues though with two of the directors at that time who sanctioned the expenses being subtracted from the testimonial money.  It was pretty symptomatic of the way the club was being run at that time. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure I saw positive quotes from him fairly recently about the club.  I may have dreamt it though. 

You didn't!

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Willie would never ever say anything detrimental about the club or the fans. He had big issues though with two of the directors at that time who sanctioned the expenses being subtracted from the testimonial money.  It was pretty symptomatic of the way the club was being run at that time. 

The damage done by the board from the late 50's until Mercer appeared (30 years near enough) ALMOST puts Levein's disaster in the shade.

Players that hated the club 

Sean Clare - homesick 

Uche - hated Stendal 

Whighton - hated levein

Mauley martin - wage theif

Larryea Kingston - wage theif

Scott severin - done us dirty

Danny wilson - hated us

Anthony basso - hated levein

Panillia - shagger

Callum tapping - didn't make it after spurs, blamed the club

Igor rossi - had a falling out. 

Perry kitchen - couldn't wait to leave 

Danny amankwaa - hated Scottish football 

12 hours ago, BigAlim said:

does thumping the celtic badge towards the hearts support after being hearts captain count?

Interesting point. Amazing it is never discussed much on KB. 

Pressley and others, including our present goalkeeper, were less than complimentary about a previous owner of Hearts who turned out to be a megalomaniac.

I'll allow that.

I’m not of an age to have seen Willie Bauld play but him, and Dave Mackay, were the players my dad talked about when he had partaken of a drink. I also remember being taken to see Willie in his shop as a kid before a game.  Whatever the club did with Willie was wrong and should have been rectified at the time. 

34 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Sean Clare - homesick 

Uche - hated Stendal 

Whighton - hated levein

Danny wilson - hated us

Panillia - shagger

Graham Hogg - Work with him he's never got a good word to say about Hearts. 

5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Our own support hate us, surely not a surprise if players get involved in the seethe as well.

🙄

Broxburn Jambo
12 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I think he did return possibly in a Scottish cup game perhaps against Kilmarnock when Drew Busby scored with a glorious Bauld like header

Yes I remember that, a midweek game

3 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Which was very strange as he was probably our best player in the time he was at Hearts. 

Best player?? Yer havin a laff!

11 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Wonder what Danny Swanson would say about hearts fans. 

The prick.

I hope he has bad mouthed us.  We are doing alright if an arsehole like that doesn't like us.  Keep up the good work.  

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Did the club not make Bauld pay for the ball for his own testimonial or something? 

That is one of the saddest things in our clubs history.   Tragic little story

13 hours ago, martoon said:

Dont think Ian Baird was all that fond. 

He's always very complimentary about the club whenever our name pops up on his twitter.

Ally Mauchlen hated it at Tynecastle. Andy Lynch barely speaks about us despite spending 4 years at the club. Loves to chat about celtic and his spell in America though.  

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Does he speak fondly of Mr Levein? Or can he not remember....

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

Does he speak fondly of Mr Levein? Or can he not remember....

He tends to ignore my questions about Craig 😉 

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Sean Clare - homesick 

Uche - hated Stendal 

Whighton - hated levein

Danny wilson - hated us

Panillia - shagger

I’d hope so considering Levein was Dundee United manager when he was at Hearts...

Fraser Wishart never seems overly-fond, for whatever reason.

16 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I’d hope so considering Levein was Dundee United manager when he was at Hearts...

And that doesn’t even slightly surprise me.

14 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Correct and he never returned to Tynecastle.

He attended a 2-0 home win against Killie in the Scottish Cup in the mid 70s, but I get the general drift of how he felt about the request for payment for the match ball for his testimonial.

edit...... apologies, just read a few posts back and see that this had already been mentioned.

Edited by Busby8

14 hours ago, martoon said:

Dont think Ian Baird was all that fond. 

I remember an old Hearts fanzine described him as half man, half combine harvester. I thought it was quite apt. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Ally Mauchlen hated it at Tynecastle. Andy Lynch barely speaks about us despite spending 4 years at the club. Loves to chat about celtic and his spell in America though.  

He did, however, use a Hibs player as a trampoline so I'll always have a soft spot for him.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He did, however, use a Hibs player as a trampoline so I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Only vaguely remember Mauchlen. His son is friendly with Gordon Forrest though, just a wee point of interest there. Which hibee got stomped on?

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Only vaguely remember Mauchlen. His son is friendly with Gordon Forrest though, just a wee point of interest there. Which hibee got stomped on?

Darren Jackson. 

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The damage done by the board from the late 50's until Mercer appeared (30 years near enough) ALMOST puts Levein's disaster in the shade.

Biscuit tin mentality at that time. Bill Lindsay and even Bobby Parker.  No real idea of how the club could be fun in a sustainable fashion. Good players sold for sweeties and replaced with crap. The slow downward spiral on the pitch and financially until Wallace came along.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Biscuit tin mentality at that time. Bill Lindsay and even Bobby Parker.  No real idea of how the club could be fun in a sustainable fashion. Good players sold for sweeties and replaced with crap. The slow downward spiral on the pitch and financially until Wallace came along.

Absolutely!  They completely failed to build on the enormous success of the Club in the mid- to late-1950s.  Even the fans could see the rapid decline.  Bobby Parker was a great servant of the Club on the field, but I think he was severely lacking as a businessman.

2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

He's always very complimentary about the club whenever our name pops up on his twitter.

Aye.

I think it was more while he was with us. Apparently became brassed of with the boo boys.

I liked him. Could have done with similar quality the last few years

Edited by martoon

47 minutes ago, Norm said:

I remember an old Hearts fanzine described him as half man, half combine harvester. I thought it was quite apt. 

😄

7 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Didnt Lee Johnston (johnson, Johnstone?) bad mouth us after he left or did he get his dad to do it?

He was the only one that sprang to mind, though I guess Stewart counts (he hasn’t really eased up on us since Levein went).

None of the Riccarton three badmouthed the club after they left (and no, I don’t count Pressley’s chest-beating).

15 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Met Petric in Turkey in a resort, he approached my dad totally buzzing about his hearts top, he said "do you recognise me?" my dad said "Gordan Petric! You were rubbish"

Was he really that bad? 

13 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Why’s that?

I believe Rudi had agreed to join when Gary Locke was the boss but after Budgement day Gary was removed and so to Rudis contract although he was offered a job coaching youngsters he wanted to carry on playing so turned it down. 

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Was he really that bad? 

In his own mind, he was a world-beater; for the Hearts' support he was disappointing and never came near to the consistent form he'd showed with Dundee Utd.. Having said that, the warning signs were there from his time at der hun as he looked slow, clumsy, and a bit of a liability when there. Petric was definitely one of JJ's poorer signings...

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

In his own mind, he was a world-beater; for the Hearts' support he was disappointing and never came near to the consistent form he'd showed with Dundee Utd.. Having said that, the warning signs were there from his time at der hun as he looked slow, clumsy, and a bit of a liability when there. Petric was definitely one of JJ's poorer signings...

Yes. I cant watch the johnston hat trick... "sluggish stuff from petric.." 

15 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

nope got sent off at Tannadice and had a right go at some Hearts fans that night arsehole

Happened right in front of my dad and I, this guy came down the stairs in the stand to berate Stewart, if i mind right we had someone sent of early doors (Neilson?)

Think we were 4-0 by the point with Stewart coming over to the touchline to collect the ball and this old guy practically ran dowm the stairs and leaned over the barrier and let rip at Stewart. Think Stewart told him to **** off and ref immediately sent him off

14 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Yes. I cant watch the johnston hat trick... "sluggish stuff from petric.." 

Really?   :notsure:   I love watching it!   :thumbsup:   In fact...

24 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I'll never forgive him for missing that chance against Stuttgart. Big feckin donkey. Him and Kevin James as a Centerhalf pairing as well. :vrface:

16 hours ago, Locky said:

Faycal Rherras.

Absolutely rubbish footballer who has done all of his best work on Twitter, wee shite bag 

16 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Michael Stewart, though perhaps his ire is focused on CL

To be fair Mikey Stewart fell out with the fans regularly, on the pitch, while captain.

Angry, andey wee man who is now trying to play the cool contrary pundit

7 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Glen Whelan

Prick, that is all

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I think we have to accept that there are a number of supporters at the club who are 

1. Idiots or

2. Racists

Lafferty is, rightly lauded for his goals but Isma who, I believe had a better goals ratio  was “lazy”.

Isma was never lazy, anybody that says that didn't watch him play, he was however, a greedy wee shite and massively frustrating watch him run into a group of 3 defenders instead of playing a nice easy pass to a teammate in a better position

He was a good wee player but not a team player, much like Lafferty

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Allan Preston, what a bitter welt he is

Bitter twisted wee cockend, never a hearts fan 

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Absolutely rubbish footballer who has done all of his best work on Twitter, wee shite bag 

To be fair Mikey Stewart fell out with the fans regularly, on the pitch, while captain.

Angry, andey wee man who is now trying to play the cool contrary pundit

Prick, that is all

Isma was never lazy, anybody that says that didn't watch him play, he was however, a greedy wee shite and massively frustrating watch him run into a group of 3 defenders instead of playing a nice easy pass to a teammate in a better position

He was a good wee player but not a team player, much like Lafferty

Bitter twisted wee cockend, never a hearts fan 

I wasn’t a fan of Isma, but the abuse he got from some fans during the Linfield friendly was some of the worst I have ever heard

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Funny that. My memories of him are pretty good. He was never first choice, but he was an able deputy in what was a very good Hearts team, and never let us down.

Felt the same about Alan McManus.

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

1. Idiots or

2. Racists

There are indeed. All those in category 2 are in category 1 too. More than half in category 1 are probably in 2. Fortunately, those that are in both usually label themselves in prominent and distinct ways, and so can easily be avoided.

Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Happened right in front of my dad and I, this guy came down the stairs in the stand to berate Stewart, if i mind right we had someone sent of early doors (Neilson?)

Think we were 4-0 by the point with Stewart coming over to the touchline to collect the ball and this old guy practically ran dowm the stairs and leaned over the barrier and let rip at Stewart. Think Stewart told him to **** off and ref immediately sent him off

cheers i thought i was right