Ex players who have bad mouthed us

Telford_jambo123

Telford_jambo123

I know a lot of the players whether they have been at hearts for a long time or a short time and go on to leave us have only but good things to say about us but I wondered if there’s ever been ex jambos who hate us? just curious 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• ford donald

• Smoked-Glass

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Telford_jambo123
Just now, BigAlim said:

does thumping the celtic badge towards the hearts support after being hearts captain count?

i’ll allow it 🐍

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

i'd be surprised is jamie hamill was particularly keen on the hearts support

Ryan Stevenson's interview seemed to suggest he looks upon us kindly. I had a funny relationship with Hamill. He was ****ing pish mostly, and I fell out of favour with him when he practically gifted Hibs a last minute winner in 2013.

That said, he did let me hold the trophy in Tynie in 2012 and I'll be forever grateful for that.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It wasn’t unusual in the bad old days. Willie Bauld and Cruikie both had serious gripes with the club. Mainly due to the biscuit tin mentality. 

Did the club not make Bauld pay for the ball for his own testimonial or something? 

Borders Jambo

Gordan Petric?  I remember a chap coming flying down the Wheatfield to challenge GP to a square go.

Leigh Jenkinson?  Though this was probably because of who he replaced 

I can't imagine they would be too complimentary

4 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Gordan Petric?  I remember a chap coming flying down the Wheatfield to challenge GP to a square go.

Leigh Jenkinson?  Though this was probably because of who he replaced 

I can't imagine they would be too complimentary

Met Petric in Turkey in a resort, he approached my dad totally buzzing about his hearts top, he said "do you recognise me?" my dad said "Gordan Petric! You were rubbish"

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Met Petric in Turkey in a resort, he approached my dad totally buzzing about his hearts top, he said "do you recognise me?" my dad said "Gordan Petric! You were rubbish"

😄

Borders Jambo
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Brilliant.

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It wasn’t unusual in the bad old days. Willie Bauld and Cruikie both had serious gripes with the club. Mainly due to the biscuit tin mentality. 

Both Cruickie and Bauld had every reason to be sore with the Club - they were treated like shit by the Board of the time to the eternal shame of the Club.

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did the club not make Bauld pay for the ball for his own testimonial or something? 

Correct and he never returned to Tynecastle.

Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Michael Stewart, though perhaps his ire is focused on CL

nope got sent off at Tannadice and had a right go at some Hearts fans that night arsehole

I think he did return possibly in a Scottish cup game perhaps against Kilmarnock when Drew Busby scored with a glorious Bauld like header

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct and he never returned to Tynecastle.

I'm sure he did return , unfortunately only a couple of years before he passed . I remember when I was a kid my dad taking me to see the ''King'' in his  newspaper shop , I was a bit baffled he didn't have a crown on , I did learn 😂

27 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I think he did return possibly in a Scottish cup game perhaps against Kilmarnock when Drew Busby scored with a glorious Bauld like header

I remember a larger than expected crowd and the excitement before kick off that King Willie was back. A bit like when Rudi makes a visit although from what I believe it won't be while Ann is still there. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

45 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yep...

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Ryan Stevenson's interview seemed to suggest he looks upon us kindly. I had a funny relationship with Hamill. He was ****ing pish mostly, and I fell out of favour with him when he practically gifted Hibs a last minute winner in 2013.

That said, he did let me hold the trophy in Tynie in 2012 and I'll be forever grateful for that.

I accept Hamill wasn't top quality , thought he was decent actually

But I've never seen a player get so much abuse from his own fans yet put so much effort into the game .

Flattening Adams was funny too

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I remember a larger than expected crowd and the excitement before kick off that King Willie was back. A bit like when Rudi makes a visit although from what I believe it won't be while Ann is still there. 

Why’s that?

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The Club subtracted all the expenses for the game from the gate receipts, and that included the cost of the ball.  It was a huge PR error by the Club considering that Bauld was idolised by the fans. King Willie was not amused, but I don't think he actually bad-mouthed Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Wonder what Danny Swanson would say about hearts fans. 

The prick.

He was the person I thought of but I couldn't find anything on google (just him complaining about Hibs fans giving him grief in a nightclub).

Just wish he'd put in as much effort when playing for us as he did when playing against us.

Not really on topic. But I remember going to a Northern Soul all-nighter at The Grosvenor 1998. Darren Jackson was at it with a load of boys. My sister and my mates sister ripped him a new arsehole for being a Hibs *******. Poor guy was nearly greeting. My sister phoned me next day to say had I seen the news? Struggling with a hangover I said naw. She said Jackson just signed for Hearts. Oops. 😂😂 Pretty sure when he took his top off and twirled it that was aimed at my sister. That’ll learn ya. 🤭

19 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Didnt Lee Johnston (johnson, Johnstone?) bad mouth us after he left or did he get his dad to do it?

Ot was Lee.   I think he had a rant to someone In the pub, who happened to be a Weegie journalist. 

We’ve had various no Mark’s down the years slag us off because we released them at a young age for being “too small”

Jon Robertson (was at cowdenbeath or St Mirren at the time and currently at Alloa) was one that stood out, mainly because he is an absolute nobody and gave it big  in the press about being released for being too short when he felt he was good enough 

don’t think Jason Cummings was particularly complimentary (again his circumstances)

Tziolis wasnt overly nice in his words post leaving iirc

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, BigAlim said:

i'd be surprised is jamie hamill was particularly keen on the hearts support

I think  it was with certain elements in the Hearts support. I remember a game (think in 2013/14 season) where I was in section N, a couple were abusing him for most of the game, then Jamie scores near the end and runs over to the section to celebrate, he then either yells somehting or does the "get it up ya" sign to the couple (I cant remember which.) Cue everyone in section N cracking themselves up.

The main 2 that have come to mind are Glen Whelan & Faycal Rheras. A lazy ***** who couldn’t be arsed to train with the team & a complete and utter rat *******, they deserve each other.

Tokyo Drifter

I think when Cummings was bigging up the Flumps nobody (except them) was under any illusions about where his loyalties REALLY lay. I don't remember him saying much that was explicitly anti-Hearts.

RustyRightPeg

Rherras and Whelan are the two most recent I can remember.

Michael Stewart’s fascination to criticise is more CL blinkered I reckon and with him not being on any of our games this season he’s not had a platform. 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure I saw positive quotes from him fairly recently about the club.  I may have dreamt it though. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-run-city-isma-goncalves-expresses-love-old-club-instagram-qa-583205

This was about 6 months after he left. Fair to say he was quite forgiving considering the amount of abuse directed his way from the stands every week.

Gimme an H...
20 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-run-city-isma-goncalves-expresses-love-old-club-instagram-qa-583205

This was about 6 months after he left. Fair to say he was quite forgiving considering the amount of abuse directed his way from the stands every week.

Which was very strange as he was probably our best player in the time he was at Hearts. 

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I accept Hamill wasn't top quality , thought he was decent actually

But I've never seen a player get so much abuse from his own fans yet put so much effort into the game .

Flattening Adams was funny too

My gripe with him was he was always screaming for the ball. Young laddies would be bursting forward at pace and  have to pass it back to him. He’d then hold it too long, fall on his arse  or give it to the opposition.

Looked like a giant baby too

2 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Which was very strange as he was probably our best player in the time he was at Hearts. 

I think we have to accept that there are a number of supporters at the club who are 

1. Idiots or

2. Racists

Lafferty is, rightly lauded for his goals but Isma who, I believe had a better goals ratio  was “lazy”.

The abuse his Mrs got was disgusting 

Gimme an H...
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think we have to accept that there are a number of supporters at the club who are 

1. Idiots or

2. Racists

Lafferty is, rightly lauded for his goals but Isma who, I believe had a better goals ratio  was “lazy”.

The abuse his Mrs got was disgusting 

I think you are right. 

A combination of 1 and 2 is more accurate. 

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Club subtracted all the expenses for the game from the gate receipts, and that included the cost of the ball.  It was a huge PR error by the Club considering that Bauld was idolised by the fans. King Willie was not amused, but I don't think he actually bad-mouthed Hearts. 

Did the club actually say this or did the media make it up, nothing would surprise me.

9 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Does the hero Rudi only visit when he's getting paid big bucks by a megalomaniac Russian?

Sounds like he was treated similar to King Willie right enough.