Cumdawg

Special Agent Dale Cooper

9 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

First one off the top of my head is him acting like a ***** after dundee got promoted, i think? Swinging on lights when the rest of the squad is telling him to pipe down. That's one of many occasions. Trashing his own flat is another. If you can't understand what that type of personality brings to a team, then i am of no help to you.

There is a reason he is at dundee ffs. Yeah he scores against us, but he's not the type of person you want beside you when we are trying to build what we are trying to achieve. He might've grown up in the few months since the aforementioned incident, but what age is he? What would he actually bring to the squad? Other than the fact we would be bringing in someone who scores against us, fair enough. What's the other argument? Cause i'm yet to hear a convincing one. 

'It's his personality' is a brutal argument. As i said, there is a reason he is at dundee along with the rest of the 'decent' players they have. Who btw can't find a club that'll employ them other than? You guessed it.

So basically nothing then? Thanks for proving my point. For the record I don’t think we should sign Cummings. Just always been a bit confused by the argument that he would bring trouble, always seems to get brought up in the debate.  

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Nucky Thompson

• Unknown user

• Bongo 1874

22 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

So basically nothing then? Thanks for proving my point. For the record I don’t think we should sign Cummings. Just always been a bit confused by the argument that he would bring trouble, always seems to get brought up in the debate.  

Never mind. Just seen the video of him calling Leigh Griffiths a ‘good family man’. I stand corrected

Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Can't believe he's still only 26 years old! 

Potentially 12 years left though I can see him ending up playing for Edinburgh City when he's 33

Glamorgan Jambo

He can get himself up for a game against us especially at Tynecastle. As a reaction to us showing him the door many years ago. His problem is the games he plays that aren’t against us. That’s why he’s never been a regular starter for any length of time for any of the many clubs he’s played for since he left Hibs over 5 years ago 

12 hours ago, Balaclava said:

What trouble does Cummings actually bring? Seems to be this narrative he’s some troublemaker and I can’t think of anything serious. Other than be a bit daft sometimes, but that’s his personality.

Dearie me 

1 hour ago, Balaclava said:

Never mind. Just seen the video of him calling Leigh Griffiths a ‘good family man’. I stand corrected

🤣👍🏻

Jambo in Bathgate
7 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He can get himself up for a game against us especially at Tynecastle. As a reaction to us showing him the door many years ago. His problem is the games he plays that aren’t against us. That’s why he’s never been a regular starter for any length of time for any of the many clubs he’s played for since he left Hibs over 5 years ago 

Exactly

10 hours ago, Balaclava said:

You’re correct, he wouldn’t bring trouble - he would just downright lower the tone of the place.

Carry on, you're doing a grand job.  👍

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Let’s be honest the ‘scores against us’ bit is OTT. Yesterday’s goal was nothing to do with his skill or great play. Our defending was crap and add luck, the ball ended up in the net. Saw nothing yesterday that would improve us.

He's rubbish. Doesn't he also have a good scoring record against Rangers? Can;t see them signing him though. I remember John Sutton had a habit of scoring against us. We signed him and he was absolute pony.

On 23/10/2021 at 22:26, InternationalJambo said:

Anyone thinking this boy is good enough to play for us is caught up in a hibs way of thinking. Can’t even get a game ahead of griffiths ffs. He’s worth 5 goals a season off the bench to us MAX. All the trouble that he entails, he’s not worth the money he’s wanting. 

More goals that any of our other players apart from Boyce will score mate 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Maroon Sailor

I actually think he'd do well in a Hearts shirt.

However he's a prankster and they don't seem to be welcome.

InternationalJambo
16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Aye okay mate

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

Aye okay mate

How many has he scored this season so far?

and how many have our players - other than Boyce - scored so far this season?

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How many has he scored this season so far?

and how many have our players - other than Boyce - scored so far this season?

You think he would fit in with our style of play aye? As said previously, there is a reason he’s at Dundee. 

Just now, InternationalJambo said:

You think he would fit in with our style of play aye? As said previously, there is a reason he’s at Dundee. 

He would score goals for us

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Of course he doesn't actually believe what he types. Doing the exact same as he does on every single thread which is take opposite pov from everyone else.

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

There's every chance a few of our defenders will score more than cummings this season, ffs he's scored 4 SPL goals in his career.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

There's every chance a few of our defenders will score more than cummings this season, ffs he's scored 4 SPL goals in his career.

😮only 4.

professorfate

I would like to see Cummings at hearts he is a great finisher and a jambo and maybe being at hearts would make him knuckle down and prove the doubters wrong.

19 hours ago, Ribble said:

It's 5 in 41 games but your point stands. 👍

On 25/10/2021 at 00:41, ToqueJambo said:

He's rubbish. Doesn't he also have a good scoring record against Rangers? Can;t see them signing him though. I remember John Sutton had a habit of scoring against us. We signed him and he was absolute pony.

Rangers did sign him.

Cummings struggled to get a game for Dundee even when they were in the championship, he’s good for a goal against us but rank rotten most weeks

Bazzas right boot

If the money was right, I'd take him. 

He'd definitely give us something at least from the bench. 

He's not a lone strike tho so he'd never be a starter for us. 

Would I take him as a squad player - 100%, would I rather we got in a striker than is better than him, Gnando and can rival  Boyce - also yes. Cummings isn't a player that would improve our first 11.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So he's a striker that has more goals than everyone else apart from.....drum roll..... Our main striker. 

Cracking logic. 

He's got more goals because he's a Ehh striker, he plays near the goal. 

Just like Boyce. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So he's a striker that has more goals than everyone else apart from.....drum roll..... Our main striker. 

Cracking logic. 

He's got more goals because he's a Ehh striker, he plays near the goal. 

Just like Boyce. 

Uhuh 👏 

but others have said he wouldn’t score for us and would be no good compared to our players 

Shanks said no

Worth a punt IMHO, have him working under Naismith to keep him right. Give him a chance to become a PHM. A successful dressing room needs a mix. 

8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Worth a punt IMHO, have him working under Naismith to keep him right. Give him a chance to become a PHM. A successful dressing room needs a mix. 

Yup. His motivation against us is ridiculous. I’d be keen to see what he could do for us too. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Uhuh 👏 

but others have said he wouldn’t score for us and would be no good compared to our players 

Boyce is better. 

If we are buying a striker we should be signing someone around his quality, not worse. 

Either that or a young up and coming striker. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. His motivation against us is ridiculous. I’d be keen to see what he could do for us too. 

It only seems to be against us and not anyone else, it be interesting to see how motivated he is against Hibs. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I think Naismith found Lafferty a bit tiresome, I doubt he would advocate signing someone with far less ability like Cumdawg. Not sure Neilson has ever been interested in him either. 

Pasquale for King

I think he curtailed his celebrations on Saturday as he turned and saw his dad in Section N, he said he was in there and having warned up in front of them would know exactly where he was standing. 

Maroon Sailor
54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he curtailed his celebrations on Saturday as he turned and saw his dad in Section N, he said he was in there and having warned up in front of them would know exactly where he was standing. 

I though his Dad was a Rangers fan - seemed to be awfy pleased when his laddie played for them

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It only seems to be against us and not anyone else, it be interesting to see how motivated he is against Hibs. 

It’s all moot since Savage will no doubt have a short list of which he will not be on, but for the sake of settling the debate id love to sign him. 1 year deal let him prove his point. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, OTT said:

It’s all moot since Savage will no doubt have a short list of which he will not be on, but for the sake of settling the debate id love to sign him. 1 year deal let him prove his point. 

I don’t think it works like that, RN asked for a certain type of player. If he wanted Cumdawg he would ask JS to get him, like McKay. 
RN clearly doesn’t want him as he’s never been interested.

As it’s been said he’s not a lone striker, which is why he’s warming the bench at Dundee and having scored 5 goals in 41 games at this level shows he’s not good enough to play for us. 
There are more deserving players who could do well for us. 

Henry. Henry.

scored against them earlier in the season. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I though his Dad was a Rangers fan - seemed to be awfy pleased when his laddie played for them

He’s a well known Hearts man who drinks in the Horseshoe and stands in section N, I will let you ponder why he was happy he signed for Rangers. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Henry. Henry. said:

scored against them earlier in the season. 

Shows how much attention I pay to the little twat and those two teams.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a well known Hearts man who drinks in the Horseshoe and stands in section N, I will let you ponder why he was happy he signed for Rangers. 

I pondered and read this headline

Jason Cummings' dad in Rangers supporting hint as he tells of pride for his son

However I'm convinced that's pish going by your post

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I pondered and read this headline

Jason Cummings' dad in Rangers supporting hint as he tells of pride for his son

However I'm convinced that's pish going by your post

A lot of the guys that travel in those circles have leanings towards Rangers I think. 

Maroon Sailor

A lot of the guys that travel in those circles have leanings towards Rangers I think. 

I've never understood that.

Each to their own but I just find it weird.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've never understood that.

Each to their own but I just find it weird.

I understand it, and yes it’s weird.