Racial abuse of players

Swanny17

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I noticed on the twitter Gervane announcement, some Jambo called Elliott Smith says 'Hope he's not another Danny Amankwa'. 

To me, that's racism. We've had plenty of shite wingers since Danny left. Why not say 'he better not be another Advidaj, or another Morrison'.

People are dicks.

To be fair, maybe, but Danny Amankwaa was a much higher profile failure than either of them 2 you’ve named so I don’t know if you can ascribe racism there, you’re on shaky ground. The feeling of Naismith going off at Murrayfield and him coming on is my personal all time worst ever moment as a Hearts fan.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sow Easy

• JJ93

• Heartsofgold

• Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, Sow Easy said:

Folk quick to jump at 'but what about teh white razism!!!' are forgetting the centuries of whites lording it over black people, massive inequality, prejudice, discrimination, lynchings, beatings etc. White folk have had none of that, they have always held the power in society and therefore 'white racism' doesn't have nearly the same societal impact or power dynamic. Pure whataboutism at its worst. 

What a load of absolute crap.

You do realise that blacks sold blacks into slavery?

The first slave owner in the United States was black?

Just off the top of my head, ever hear of the Barbary Slave Trade? Irish slavery? The Highland clearances? The Holodomor? Ever look at interracial crime rates in America or even in the UK? The ongoing genocide in South Africa?

The idea that whites are the only people to ever hold power and have been immune from any kind of hardship is not only disingenuous it's laughable.

Switch off the BBC and put the down the Guardian.

By the way, the taking of the knee is (we are told) in solidarity with BLM.

BLM is not a good organisation. Even black players are saying this - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/02/crystal-palace-become-second-premier-league-club-hit-black-lives/

OR will some insist that black players criticising BLM and taking the knee are also racist?

Racism is horrible - but BLM is not about (at least exclusively) anti-racism (their mission statement states that it is about overthrowing capitalism, the family (wtf) and their leaders promoted and continue to promote the sort of rioting we saw which destroyed businesses (often black-owned) and so forth).

Furthermore, an organisation like BLM which promotes racial identity is just creating further division. If you bring a child up telling them that they are black, you are contributing to the problem. 

To get back on the direct topic - horrible to see more racist messages but I wouldn't blow it out of proportion. These are what, 1 message sent to one player out of tens of millions of followers? Horrible indeed but it should be condemned, shrugged off and forgotten about. And yes it is akin to calling a white person 'gammon' or similar. Pointless words by disturbed people who should be condemned then ignored. Life goes on - and we will always have idiots (as JKB reminds us every day!).

Edited by JJ93

18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I noticed on the twitter Gervane announcement, some Jambo called Elliott Smith says 'Hope he's not another Danny Amankwa'. 

To me, that's racism. We've had plenty of shite wingers since Danny left. Why not say 'he better not be another Advidaj, or another Morrison'.

People are dicks.

I think you are being super sensitive and looking to be offended if the sole reason you can call that guy by name a racist is for mentioning a players name.

People should be pulled for throwing that insult about without proper 100% evidence.

Dangerous fekkers.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think you are being super sensitive and looking to be offended if the sole reason you can call that guy by name a racist is for mentioning a players name.

People should be pulled for throwing that insult about without proper 100% evidence.

Dangerous fekkers.

Indeed - that sort of nonsense is not rational! 

It isn't being oversensitive - it is creating a problem that doesn't exist. It's like people saying that the racial identity of a suspect is racist. Utter nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Just off the top of my head, ever hear of the Barbary Slave Trade? Irish slavery? The Highland clearances? The Holodomor? Ever look at interracial crime rates in America or even in the UK? The ongoing genocide in South Africa?

The idea that whites are the only people to ever hold power and have been immune from any kind of hardship is not only disingenuous it's laughable.

Fully agree.

I think the point that BLM should be focusing on is the fact that black on black slavery STILL EXISTS. 

Who alive in the West today owns slaves or were slaves? What about their parents? Even their grandparents? It's absurd. We should be focusing on the real horror which is that it still exists in Africa (but is black on black)!

That's a full bingo card of already debunked racist talking points. Almost want to say well done, but ehhh. 

He's right though. 

Educate yourself. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/newsbeat-30999175

Thanks for educating the dinosaurs! Clearly, your heart is in the right place, but it seems to me that you're picking faults and arguments with the wrong folks and, if you can forgive me having a wee friendly dig, that's some height of a horse that yer on. 😄 You 'calling me out' as racist was uncalled for; as well as being both condescending and so wide of the mark as to be beyond laughable. All I did was give a current real-life example of nomenclature and point out the bleedin' obvious that the issue ain't as black & white as you seem to imagine. Nobody on this current bit of the thread comes over as racist to me; we just each have our own perspective.

I well remember Hearts V Hibs when Demitri Mitchell hopped over a tackle when he was in danger of getting his leg snapped by the rather more massive John McGinn. It was a cute move that gave us a throw-in and might even have led to a goal. Cue the bloke sitting next to me leaping up and hurling abuse that I dare not repeat; suffice to say that it was 'full-on abuse', both racially and talent-wise. I called him out face-to-face and he knew fine well that he was out of order. By the way, Dimitri got Man-of-the-Match that day! 😁

As for the 'Millwall types' who gate-crashed our away game in Tallin? All they did with their classic bald heads, fat bellies, below the knee shorts, and boat shoes was to shout obcenities. The Hearts fans simply moved away and let them stand out as the idiots they clearly were.

3 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

That's a full bingo card of already debunked racist talking points. Almost want to say well done, but ehhh. 

Oh it's debunked? That means you win then.

Here's a thought, do your own research. Then again, it's pointless telling you to because of cognitive dissonance.

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Precisely, it is way more neuanced than many people think.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Here's a thought, do your own research. Then again, it's pointless telling you to because of cognitive dissonance.

A guy bringing up the Highland clearances in a thread about white/black power dynamics and American crime rates (almost as if there might be a reason for any disparity. Weird...) telling me to do my own research. Beyond parody. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

You are an under educated individual on the topic, and your views characterising blacks vs whites as 2 monoliths, is racist. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You are an under educated individual on the topic, and your views characterising blacks vs whites as 2 monoliths, is racist. 

😂

I'm no racist you are!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

😂

I don't think any of us are on this topic. Methinks A_A was being deliberately facetious. He knows fine well that you are no racist. Take a break! Talk about two bald men arguing over a comb? 😆

Edited by Wee Mikey

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Sow Easy said:

😂

You don’t understand what the word means and your use of it is typical of why its meaning has become degraded. You just slap it on anyone that disagrees with anything you say.

23 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I never said that there were any? 

This thread is about the racial abuse of black players in England. As you seem to think that racism is a two way street I presumed you must have examples to prove it. As I have already said, if you want to start a conversation about the racist abuse of white people in South Africa feel free to start a thread about it in the shed

8 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

A guy bringing up the Highland clearances in a thread about white/black power dynamics and American crime rates (almost as if there might be a reason for any disparity. Weird...) telling me to do my own research. Beyond parody. 

You're trying to deflect. You're inferring that whites can't be discriminated against and have always held power. If you want to do black-white power dynamics then let's crack on. What do you want to talk about?

You're trying to deflect. You're inferring that whites can't be discriminated against and have always held power. If you want to do black-white power dynamics then let's crack on. What do you want to talk about?

You infer, I imply. Which I didn't. Whites can for sure be discriminated against. It has absolutely no where near the same historical connotations or sociatal impact. Anything else? 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

People are dicks.

Or maybe that was the first name that came in the guy's head?

Folk always like to look for a racial element even if there isn't one.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sow Easy said:

You infer, I imply. Which I didn't. Whites can for sure be discriminated against. It has absolutely no where near the same historical connotations or sociatal impact. Anything else? 

Wrong, ignorant, and racist. 

Just now, Sow Easy said:

Discrimination against whites absolutely has a huge societal impact.

It does absolutely have historical connotations.

You sound like you've already made your mind up so there's no point continuing this 'conversation'.

Discrimination against whites absolutely has a huge societal impact.

It does absolutely have historical connotations.

You sound like you've already made your mind up so there's no point continuing this 'conversation'.

You clearly cannae read so it's for the best. Cheerio! 

25 minutes ago, Sertse said:

18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm liking your style. 👍 But, don't forget, it might just be that Sow Easy has digested a deliberately one-sided Open University Psychology unit and swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He/she is clearly not racist. 

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

I'm liking your style. 👍 But, don't forget, it might just be that Sow Easy has digested a deliberately one-sided Open University Psychology unit and swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He/she is clearly not racist. 

It's a cult mentality. They can't address individual issues so they say they're all factually incorrect, irrelevant or 'debunked'. They think 'if I can't argue the point, someone else in my circles will'. Then they try to attack your character and pretend you're too stupid or whatever, creating a straw man. It's all so tiresome. You can see it in every comment, at no point did they actually address anything I said because it's unconformable.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah, it's from reading/listening to people like Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ava DuVernay (the documentary 13th is a great watch), reading about things like the racial disparity in criminal sentencing, redistricting, redlining etc. You might wanna give those a go. 

30 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Sorry, but I ****ing hate when people post things or make claims and then tell other people to do their own research.

Edited by tian447

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sorry, but I ****ing hate when people post things or make claims and then tell other people to do their own research.

I do as well but when someone says 'it's debunked' and thinks that's it, then they definitely should be doing their own research instead of relying on heavily biased 'debunking' websites a la Snopes etc.

1 minute ago, Sow Easy said:

Nah, it's from reading/listening to people like Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ava DuVernay (the documentary 13th is a great watch), reading about things like the racial disparity in criminal sentencing, redistricting, redlining etc. You might wanna give those a go. 

I will, and thanks for the pointers. I recently read a fantastic account of how and why the linguistic terms that people readily use almost subliminally reinforce racism and notions of 'superiority', but sadly didn't bookmark it.

I do as well but when someone says 'it's debunked' and thinks that's it, then they definitely should be doing their own research instead of relying on heavily biased 'debunking' websites a la Snopes etc.

You brought up the black crime rate *the* most wildly debunked racially charged talking point. 

https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/publications/cjm/article/truth-and-lies-about-race-and-crime

28 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This thread is about the racial abuse of black players in England. As you seem to think that racism is a two way street I presumed you must have examples to prove it. As I have already said, if you want to start a conversation about the racist abuse of white people in South Africa feel free to start a thread about it in the shed

Are you actually suggesting that racism only applies to black people? Are you insane? 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

Are you actually suggesting that racism only applies to black people? Are you insane? 

You should read his views on Israel and anti semitism quite an eye opener.

Anyway back to the topic , the big tech companies really need to up their game .

Its been going on for too long and with every nutter having access to the Internet the buck stops with them .

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Racism is bad. It seems like everyone in here agrees. 

So how the **** have we reached 3 pages of folk arguing? 

It is the JKB way. 🤣

37 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I give up with you. I have explained 3 times now that this is about black players being racially abused in England. Unless you can show me examples of white players being racially abused in England then you have nothing remotely interesting to say on this topic. If you could also point out where I said that only black people are racially abused in the world I would be pleased, and astonished. Anything not concerning racism in football should be in the shed 

35 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Fair comment, and, to be consistent, I've yet to hear an exclamation of, (e.g.) "Oi, Naisy ... ya white ba***rd ... Get a grip!"

36 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You should read his views on Israel and anti semitism quite an eye opener.

Anyway back to the topic , the big tech companies really need to up their game .

Its been going on for too long and with every nutter having access to the Internet the buck stops with them .

What the hell has Zionism got to do with black players being racially abused in England. 

1 minute ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Unless this gets back on the specific topic of ‘Racial abuse of Football Players’ it will be moved to the Shed  

At least there's no segregation in the shed. 🤭

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Dangerous fekkers.

I agree with you. In this instance.

33 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I give up with you. I have explained 3 times now that this is about black players being racially abused in England. Unless you can show me examples of white players being racially abused in England then you have nothing remotely interesting to say on this topic. If you could also point out where I said that only black people are racially abused in the world I would be pleased, and astonished. Anything not concerning racism in football should be in the shed 

You quite literally, and I quote, said the following: "As you seem to think that racism is a two way street I presumed you must have examples to prove it."

As for the rest of your comment, I won't waste my energy.

35 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Fair comment, and, to be consistent, I've yet to hear an exclamation of, (e.g.) "Oi, Naisy ... ya white ba***rd ... Get a grip!"

To be honest, if someone said that about a black player I wouldn't have an issue with it other than being a bit nasty. It would be the same if someone said "Oi, Mickey, you ginger bast**d...". It's just a characteristic used in a command or insult. It needn't (in this context) be more than that. People do have a tendency to get high and mighty about these things when they are literally just characteristics - the colour of one's skin is as unimportant as the colour of one's hair. And that is how it should be viewed - in every situation.

Sad to see people sending messages to players about a mere characteristic! But, as said, life goes on and these are 1-2 messages out of hundreds of millions of followers on their social media accounts. Therefore, I think it is marginal at best.

38 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Unless this gets back on the specific topic of ‘Racial abuse of Football Players’ it will be moved to the Shed  

Thank Christ for that. Terrace for football only

I know you'll just delete these two posts again and probably ban me but, sincerely, Kickback needs to re-evaluate its policies on racism. You're giving cover to some awful people in this thread. Sow Easy and XB are doing God's work but taking the racists at face value will only do so much. Better to troll or deny them a platform for their hateful bile. 

Don't be on the wrong side of history, mods! (Unless you're also a bit racist in which go **** yourself) 

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, parker said:

I know you'll just delete these two posts again and probably ban me but, sincerely, Kickback needs to re-evaluate its policies on racism. You're giving cover to some awful people in this thread. Sow Easy and XB are doing God's work but taking the racists at face value will only do so much. Better to troll or deny them a platform for their hateful bile. 

Don't be on the wrong side of history, mods! (Unless you're also a bit racist in which go **** yourself) 

:notsure: