• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

You'll need to stalk Robbie on twitter now seeing as he didn't say we deserved to get pumped either.

You are running out of steam. I completely agree with Robbie.

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Awesome performance from Gordon.

Defence looking much better with Popescu on the right and Halkett on left of centre back pairing. Popescu is battling to make the position his own and has closed the door (IMO) for Berra. Kingsley had a great game.

Naismith's ability is fading but had to start given Jamie Walker had a slight groin strain.

Walker comes on and changes the match...what's going on with him? That's 2 great performances in 2 consecutive games!! I may have to eat my words about him last week. Outstanding.

Clean sheet. 3 points against a close rival and Dundee are cuffed by the team we beat 4-0 on Tuesday.

What's not to like?! A brilliant week. Never mind moaning, we should all be smoking cigars tonight!

Don't worry, here in soaking wet west central France I am smoking cigars and enjoying a rather nice glass or six of rose :)  It's great to win 4-0 but equally important to win 1-0.

19 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I just worry about legs set up like that. Think we’d get pummelled in midfield and the defence is a problem as it is.

I think both Walker and Naismith have to play centrally as they can’t run. Would be good if we could find a system that fits them both.

Hopefully we may have another option in the next few days - I agree with getting a midfield pummeling atm - I dont like Halliday anywhere near Irving

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Robbie says.....'"It was a tough game, we didn't play to anywhere near the levels we had on Tuesday night against Raith. Ultimately it's about getting three points and we've managed to do that today," said Robbie.'

I said 'Today wasn't about the performance, it was about the win. It was a fairly even game but we deserved the win - just.'

Random bell end says 'You're running out of steam. I completely agree with Robbie'.

Come on you can do better than that.........."fairly easily."

13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He may well improve with a slight change in formation, in terms of playing 4-4-2 for example. There were two or three occasions today when the 1 up front, Boyce, controlled the ball in their half and played it out to GMS. He then went past the opposition full back and forward a little, and when there is only 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation and you have then gone in advance of the 1, as the winger, it then means you have to put your foot on the ball, turn backwards and look for someone else to play it to. 4-2-3-1 is the sort of formation I'd understand being adopted in a 2 legged cup tie, for example, where we have won by 4-0, for example, at Tynecastle, and the only requirement in the away leg is to make sure we maintain a situation where we would go through on aggregate even if losing that away leg. Re. improvement I agree in as much as he could benefit from more playing time with the existing players, and a full pre season.

Good assessment, Boyce had to come slightly more deeper as in the first half with them playing a fairly high defensive line we where caught off side a few times so yeah when he went passed the full back Boyce was often behind him and as you correctly  said he needs time to settle in with the players. I do think he will improve and think we are a getting a good side together with a few more quality to come hopefully 

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Robbie says.....'"It was a tough game, we didn't play to anywhere near the levels we had on Tuesday night against Raith. Ultimately it's about getting three points and we've managed to do that today," said Robbie.'

In other words he failed to motivate the team and we were lucky that their forwards missed some easy chances.

1 hour ago, 160598 said:

Fairly even - wtf - it wasnt until exactly 63 minutes i thought we actually might win this - midfield got battered as they did last time against these guys

Bollox , battered? They came out the traps about 10mins in we settled into the game and it was an even game. Second half Gordons save aside we were in control and didnt look threatened until the pinball after we scored

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Boyce was by far our best outfield player today.

Jamie gets some unfair abuse. Played well on Tuesday and should have started today. Can be a matchwinner and proved that again today 👍🏻

Boyce was indeed

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sorry you’re wrong and shots on goal prove nothing in terms of chances in a match. 

Dunfermline had the ball ricocheting about our box several times and we had players making last gasp blocks. None of those would be shown in those stats. They also had the two best chances to score.

I love you mate but to say they had the two beat chances is wrong. The header that Gordon saved Ill give you but Gnanduillet fluffed an easy tap in and forced the keeper into a good save and in the first half Popescu’s header was almost in. Id day they were better chances than Smiths block. Ill agree they had the ball pinballing about but it was disorganised chaos the chances we were creating were made and developed.

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

In other words he failed to motivate the team and we were lucky that their forwards missed some easy chances.

They were lucky our players missed some easy chances. 

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What about the chances we missed and the good saves their keeper made? 🙈

Byyy The Light
23 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Hopefully we may have another option in the next few days - I agree with getting a midfield pummeling atm - I dont like Halliday anywhere near Irving

Hope so. If we managed to sign Campbell and Findlay that would be tremendous.

5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

campbell yes...........findlay hmmm

Guest ToqueJambo

31 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Or his team talk saw us be much more dangerous in the second half and his substitutions worked perfectly to win us the game?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or his team talk saw us be much more dangerous in the second half and his substitutions worked perfectly to win us the game?

both

Diadora Van Basten

The only thing that concerned me today was we started punting the ball up to Gnangduillet so he was receiving it above his head 50 yards from goal.

I think we need to realise that although we have a tall striker this tactic doesn’t work and actually makes the striker look bad.

Keep it on the deck work it wide and put crosses in the box.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The only thing that concerned me today was we started punting the ball up to Gnangduillet so he was receiving it above his head 50 yards from goal.

I think we need to realise that although we have a tall striker this tactic doesn’t work and actually makes the striker look bad.

Keep it on the deck work it wide and put crosses in the box.

We did go not panic mode a wee bit. Interested to see how we play when he gets a start.

22 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Anyone else think Collum was excellent today?

Compared to Beaton, he was stellar.

Is that because we won? 
I thought he was poor today like he always is stopping the game every 2 mins or as soon as someone falls to the ground. 

scott herbertson
27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

That's like saying Boris is excellent, because compared to Trump he is truthful

I've never forgiven Collum for his sending off of Paterson against Hamilton away....

4 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Is that because we won? 
I thought he was poor today like he always is stopping the game every 2 mins or as soon as someone falls to the ground. 

Hells teeth!  Because we won?

I was of that opinion before we scored, so stick that in your pedantic pipe!  Honestly, some people are so far up their own bahoochies that have to ascribe ulterior motives to simple opinions.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I've never forgiven Collum for his sending off of Paterson against Hamilton away....

I am not excusing past disasters, of which there were many but it was a simple statement on today's performance.  The comment about Beaton was actually relevant.

And if you mention Trump or Boris in my virtual company again, I will virtually come round and rip your virtual throat out.

All virtually of course.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I am not excusing past disasters, of which there were many but it was a simple statement on today's performance.  The comment about Beaton was actually relevant.

And if you mention Trump or Boris in my virtual company again, I will virtually come round and rip your virtual throat out.

All virtually of course.

lol

Yes, you wwre perfectly correct that Collum refereed well , I just hate having to admit it given the vile performances over most of his career.

The Apprentice
15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Or giving Guidetti a penalty when he dived under no contact in front of the Roseburn. Ahhh... I was in a good mood up until now! 🤣

2 hours ago, 160598 said:

Never said lucky or exceptional. Fact is fact. We could have been one down after 30 secs, we should have been 1 down after an hour. We went up on 81 after some magic. Not a fairly easy win. The assessment is that of the manager - changes were required to the extent of two subs  at a time. I never gave an assessment - I doubted yours as has everyone else. You state bore off, zzzzzz and im a dick . Lets bring in robbie to see what he says,,,,Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "It was a tough game against a very good team. For us it was all about getting the win today. Yes we have played better but we battled away.

Here’s the proof you are taking bolox. 
your summary of the game is two shots for them. One for us. Clearly the game involved a wee bit more. You were either distracted by your team beating Dundee United or you have some kind of disorder which forces you to only see the negatives of Hearts. Either way, you need to seek help. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Bollox , battered? They came out the traps about 10mins in we settled into the game and it was an even game. Second half Gordons save aside we were in control and didnt look threatened until the pinball after we scored

Boyce was indeed

I love you mate but to say they had the two beat chances is wrong. The header that Gordon saved Ill give you but Gnanduillet fluffed an easy tap in and forced the keeper into a good save and in the first half Popescu’s header was almost in. Id day they were better chances than Smiths block. Ill agree they had the ball pinballing about but it was disorganised chaos the chances we were creating were made and developed.

Love you too buddy 😛👍🏻

Was grouchy as earlier but got a bit more perspective now and can see it was a hard fought 3 points 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who didn't want Craig Gordon? 

Quite a few on here 

16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Collum had a good match, there was no flash points for him but thought he got most of the calls correct.

He’s been fine for a while now.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Collum had a good match, there was no flash points for him but thought he got most of the calls correct.

Wasn't discussed once - exactly as it should be. He did his job well.

10 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Yep. Actually he's mellowed. Seems a lot calmer, certainly in the games we've been involved.

Idiots like Beaton, Madden and Clancy are the worst.

Maroon Sailor

A bit of class from Walker - pity it was his 49th as that would have capped a great 50th goal for the club

19 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

A bit of class from Walker - pity it was his 49th as that would have capped a great 50th goal for the club

Just watched it again. Brilliant piece of skill for the turn and cool composed finish.

13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

He's the best ref in the country by a mile.

That's the worrying thing

Thought Aidy White had a good cameo appearance. His form puzzles me as one week he can be very effective the next absolutely terrible. I suppose it's as a result of his 2 years out with injury.

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Willie has been fine with us for quite some me too me now.

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Thought Aidy White had a good cameo appearance. His form puzzles me as one week he can be very effective the next absolutely terrible. I suppose it's as a result of his 2 years out with injury.

Good man to bring on with 30 minutes to go to inject some effort, pace and enthusiasm into the team.

Jambo in Bathgate
14 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Don’t forget we had our chances too. Their keeper made great saves also. We won. Even Rangers win while not playing particularly well. Look at them again Hibs in mid week. 1 nil win job done. Dunfermline have a style of play that is to avoid loosing most of their goals has come from set pieces. They have also drawn a lot of games. It was always going to be a stuffy match. 

42 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Why is the Dunfermline player claiming for offside 😂

For Boyce at the back door I think!

Ex member of the SaS

Ok we are all Hearts fans and some are picking on individual comments rather than the content. There are also a few who have an agenda and clearly only post negative things. Yes we are well clear at the top, but before the league started everyone and their dug had us winning this league. The points and being top, in this instance, are irrelevant to the points being made. Too often we have been dire with slow forward movement and no commitment. Only getting started after half time or going behind. These players should be a step up from those we are playing, but rarely show it. Too often " lesser " players/teams have shown us up in certain areas. Playing one up is wrong in this league, and even when Robbie made the change we stayed with it. The defense and mid are reported missing for much of the game. So it's not the fact we are winning that " annoys " us, it's the fact that these players SHOULD be performing at a much higher rate. 

Don't think we can claim the league is over, hard to see how we won't finish first,  but should the unthinkable happen and we don't finish first, it will be down to lack luster performances for most of these games.

Either Robbie or the players need to get a grip and play like the professionals they claim to be.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just watched it again. Brilliant piece of skill for the turn and cool composed finish.

i thought initally he had messed up the shot and had dragged it wide. That leads me to another thing about the goal if he had dragged it wide it looks like Boyce would have stuck it in the net. That is what we need from our strikers to be anticipating any saves/spills etc from keepers to knock it in the net

3 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Has anyone posted video of the goal ?

Best

TW

there you go. terrific goal and bit of magic from Walker

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Great goal with some kudos due to Boyce for busting a gut to chase in and launch himself at the ball so if Jamie's shot had been just off target he'd have turned it in.