*** official hearts v pars thread ***

Weebroon98

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This gets trotted out every week. People don't expect anything of the sort  : they expect Hearts to compete for 90 minutes , every week. But we're not seeing it and that 1st half today has been like so many others.  That kind of attitude won't work next season. 

The reason that phrase gets trotted out every week because unless we win by big margins people are moaning like ****. We are not the finished article but nobody should expect us to be. 

I doubt if there is one person who thinks we don’t need to improve next season. It’s not next season though and we won’t have the same players next season. It’s this season. We are not a top flight club at the moment.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's unselfish too. Something at times he maybe needs to think about. A good all round performance today. 

I honestly do think he would benefit from us playing 4-4-2

37 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We weren’t outplayed by any stretch of the imagination.  They had two really good chances and we had at least the same if not more.  

It was an even game between the top two teams and we won.  

37 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I know you're just out for a bite but we most definitely weren't outplayed at home today.

Everyone sees games differently and perhaps “outplayed” is the wrong word but Dunfermline created more and better chances than us. 

It's been said by many and today is another example for some on here, why are so many of you bitter in victory and just wanting to have a go at other Hearts fans?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Really? Not great if you can't back up what you say on a forum.

I can disagree. I don't agree the team competes often enough for 90 minutes, it started poorly -again- today .

Seriously this "back it up" patter - it was clear to see today. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Everyone sees games differently and perhaps “outplayed” is the wrong word but Dunfermline created more and better chances than us. 

They didn’t create more chances than us. That’s just factually incorrect. 

13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not all strikers are suited to playing a loan striker role and I think Boyce falls into that category. He looks a lot more comfortable when there is another striker near him in the penalty area. In saying that he still does a lot of possibly unseen work when playing up front on his own. Today I thought he was one of our better players, but accept fully that other may see games differently.

Definitely would say that Boyce would be even more effective and score more goals with a partner up top. 

38 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We didn’t deserve to lose.  They had two maybe three decent chances we had more. We controlled the game second half and deservedly won.  

I disagree and going by the comments plenty other people felt the same. In normal times I’d be in the pub right now moaning about the game and some of my mates would be agreeing with me and some would be agreeing with you.

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who was your man of the match today mate?. 

Mine was Walker. 
Who was yours? 
We won the match and should achieve our objectives of going up. 
The guy you want in charge could not achieve his objectives and keep us in the premier league. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The reason that phrase gets trotted out every week because unless we win by big margins people are moaning like ****. We are not the finished article but nobody should expect us to be. 

I doubt if there is one person who thinks we don’t need to improve next season. It’s not next season though and we won’t have the same players next season. It’s this season. We are not a top flight club at the moment.  

People aren't expecting to win by a cricket score but they are complaining about lack of application for 90 minutes, the poor tactics and the example of Walker playing so well in  midweek but dropped for another lacklustre appearance by Naismith. It was appearing all through the match thread. 

Stop contorting this into something it isn't. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I can disagree. I don't agree the team competes often enough for 90 minutes, it started poorly -again- today .

Seriously this "back it up" patter - it was clear to see today. 

So we dug in and ground out a result.

38 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A win is a win and well done Jamie for getting us out the do do. They could easily have won 3 or 4 - 1 if not for some poor finishing and great save from Craigy boy.

Some serious questions need asked not least why do we play ONE up front ? Why do we allow teams the run of the park BEFORE putting in a last ditch tackle? Why do we only have ONE player in the opp's half when we do finally push forward? We need to be more direct and less pissing around in our own half, put tackles in in their half and get players forward. We made them look good and it could easily have been a loss or a draw and with the players we have that is unacceptable. OK there will be the odd freak result where we lose BUT we should be showing our class.

Naismith is a waste of a jersey and even though some like him, we need to punt Boyce asap. He is like Bamby on ice with the ball at his feet.  

Boyce was by far our best outfield player today.

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

2 great efforts this week. Seems to hurt people when their boo boy brings the money home. 

Congratulations Jamie Walker 

Jamie gets some unfair abuse. Played well on Tuesday and should have started today. Can be a matchwinner and proved that again today 👍🏻

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna give it to Walker. 

Great goal. 

Has to be, although sharing it with Craig G prob fairer.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

The thought of any league representative standing smiling next to Budge and Neilson, handing over a trophy for a league we shouldn't even have been in, makes my skin crawl.

Players should come out to collect the trophy in a mixture of Partick, Stranraer, Falkirk and Kelty Hearts tops, politely accept the trophy, and walk back into the changing room.

Their efforts in winning the league can be acknowledged by the club in a separate ceremony.

Fn hell jonesy, I’m very much liking your thinking 👍👍👍👍👍.    👍

can we start some sort of crowdfunding petition?

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Definitely would say that Boyce would be even more effective and score more goals with a partner up top. 

Said the same myself. He gets dragged in to doing too much of the donkey work

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

We have just signed one, albeit lacking in match fitness. 

The good news, he will not take long to find his strides & has already scored 2 goals off the bench. 

I thought Boyce had a decent game today, puts in a good shift & will also score a few more goals as the season progresses.

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

People aren't expecting to win by a cricket score but they are complaining about lack of application for 90 minutes, the poor tactics and the example of Walker playing so well in  midweek but dropped for another lacklustre appearance by Naismith. It was appearing all through the match thread. 

I’m not contorting it into anything. I agree with some of what you say. Walker should have started, Naismith is in poor form, I don’t think the tactics are the problem. When you have two players Naismith and GMS who are in such pish form you’re always going to be up against it. Nothing wrong with criticism but the fact remains unless we hammer a team there are poster on here that will be moaning like ****, always ignoring positives and looking for negatives. 

Edited by GinRummy

27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Today showed the difference between not playing well and losing and not playing well but still winning. For the first 45 minutes today it was a fairly open game, but we looked a lot better second half. In the end I think we deserved all 3 points, although it did need something a bit special by Jamie Walker. The back 4 look more comfortable now, and I include Halkett in that. He gets a lot of grief on here at times, but I thought he has looked comfortable the last couple of games. As for Popescu, I don't know if he arrived with an injury, has had a good kick up the arse or was just struggling to settle in Edinburgh, but he looks much better now. In the central defensive area just defending and not trying to do anything special of ten works. It wasn't a great perforamcne today, second half we were better, but sometimes not playing well but still reaching the end goal, 3 points, can help from a confidence point of view. And I think the teams neareast us will continue to drop points so all we have to do is continue to focus on winnnig games.

In a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That’s it for me in a nutshell. This is a tough league and we’re never going to just go out and steamroller teams each week. Our last season in the Championship under Robbie was unique in that regard. 

I just want to see progress in terms of a team style and way of playing. We seem to chop and change shape each match.  At one point in the first half we had Naismith playing centre mid, Halliday left mid and GMS through the middle off Boyce. 

To be honest I’d settle right now for two good performances in a row.  A great 3 points today and the table looks brilliant. Just got a wee nagging doubt in my head about Robbie though.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Never created more.

Not up for opinion or debate, it is  a fact.

59%
Away41%
Shots
Home13
Away9
Shots on Target
Home7
Away4
Corners
Home8
Away6
Fouls
Home13
Away15

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Has to be, although sharing it with Craig G prob fairer.

Tbh, I thought Boyce played very well.

Bongo wants someone to say Gordon then have a rant about our goalie being MoM v Dunfermline and talk about Stendel the rest of the night.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hearts win by a single goal in a 4-3 thriller!

Single goal correct, not quite the 4-3 thriller but only coz of the keepers making tremendous saves!!!

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So it’s three points and never mind the fact that our football is lower than dire!

3 points is obviously the most important thing but we are an utterly horrific football team. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

How did Ann play?

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

How did Ann play?

Well,  be hard to Budge her from the starting XI....

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bongo wants someone to say Gordon then have a rant about our goalie being MoM v Dunfermline and talk about Stendel the rest of the night.

😂 it really is that blatant

Sub4TiddlerMurray
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's unselfish too. Something at times he maybe needs to think about. A good all round performance today. 

I loved the way he was looking for Gnando. Methinks that'll be a great partnership

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

😂 it really is that blatant

I bet he thinks it was a faultless strategy to entrap posters as well! 

I actually laughed when he posted it. He even said " mate", trying to sound all informal and friendly. :62:

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot

Live scenes from some posters  as Hearts score a goal to nab a 1-0 win after Robbie subs on Walker and he score a fantastic goal to send us further clear at the top.

See the source image

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Boyce was by far our best outfield player today.

Jamie gets some unfair abuse. Played well on Tuesday and should have started today. Can be a matchwinner and proved that again today 👍🏻

Jamie Walker gets what Jamie Walker deserves.

Tues and today he was great and deserves the plaudits but too often he is a complete passenger and its those games that frustrate as there is a player in there obviously.

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Mine was Walker. 
Who was yours? 
We won the match and should achieve our objectives of going up. 
The guy you want in charge could not achieve his objectives and keep us in the premier league. 

He didn't get the chance to. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

So that's us split the points with teams in 2nd, 3rd & 4th and beaten the rest. That is how you win leagues TBF...

Yeah I was giving Robbie stick this time last week for being 1 win out of 4 against our main challengers but that's looking better now at 3 out of 6. Just need to keep it up now. A few tv games on Friday night's coming up which we haven't looked to clever in so far - opening game v Dundee excepted. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was also pleased with Boyce, particuarly by sticking to task in an awkward 1st half. It will be interesting which pair develop into preferred option up top.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never created more.

Not up for opinion or debate, it is  a fact.

59%
Away41%
Shots
Home13
Away9
Shots on Target
Home7
Away4
Corners
Home8
Away6
Fouls
Home13
Away15

Sorry you’re wrong and shots on goal prove nothing in terms of chances in a match. 

Dunfermline had the ball ricocheting about our box several times and we had players making last gasp blocks. None of those would be shown in those stats. They also had the two best chances to score.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Have a word- your previous post is a perfect example of "bashing on". But if you're happy, you're happy. Good for you. 

Top of the League,  great effort in the cup, signing better players,  yes delighted 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sorry you’re wrong and shots on goal prove nothing in terms of chances in a match. 

Dunfermline had the ball ricocheting about our box several times and we had players making last gasp blocks. None of those would be shown in those stats. They also had the two best chances to score.

So bring out the XG stats and the X-w a n k stats and I'm sure it still shows we were the more dominant team.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

3 points is obviously the most important thing but we are an utterly horrific football team. 

I had the misfortune of watching the 2nd half of the Hibs game. It was truly horrendous. I’ve also watched Aberdeen a couple of times this season. Football is not pretty. Yet they are both up the top of the premier league.

My point is, generally Scottish football is about huffing and puffing. Every game is a battle and some days it will click and more often than not it won’t. The players and tactics all cancel each other out. It’s about winning. I don’t understand what people expect, it’s like you don’t acknowledge there is an opposition team on the pitch deliberately trying to upset your game plan and make life difficult.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They didn’t create more chances than us. That’s just factually incorrect. 

if it’s factually incorrect, prove it.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Alex Kintner said:

They prove more than your opinion.

They never created more- we also had crosses,  and more corners along with missed opportunities that won't show in the stats.

The chances are subjective, I tend to agree with you, they had the best  chance in the game, but they never created more.

Great result from a poor performance. Can see why Dunfermline don’t lose a lot of games. They got a fair bit of joy from punting it long today, Halkett and Popescu seem to struggle a bit with that.