*** official hearts v pars thread ***

Weebroon98

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

if it’s factually incorrect, prove it.

I just did and you went all Donald Trump and ignored it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sorry you’re wrong and shots on goal prove nothing in terms of chances in a match. 

Dunfermline had the ball ricocheting about our box several times and we had players making last gasp blocks. None of those would be shown in those stats. They also had the two best chances to score.

With better finishing we could have scored loads more as well. Henderson aimed two straight at their keeper. Smith put one past the post when the ball broke to him at the edge of the box. Gnanduiletts chance and Halkett should have scored with a header. As well as those there were a couple of weak shots which were poor, one for, Kingsley I think and maybe Popescu the other one but can’t remember for definite. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Live scenes from some posters  as Hearts score a goal to nab a 1-0 win after Robbie subs on Walker and he score a fantastic goal to send us further clear at the top.

See the source image

No Hearts supporter will have been feeling like this today.  Very important win in context of the league.  

Edited by Gmcjambo

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Jamie Walker gets what Jamie Walker deserves.

Tues and today he was great and deserves the plaudits but too often he is a complete passenger and its those games that frustrate as there is a player in there obviously.

You have hit the nail on the head Jamboelite, we all know the player is within him, if Jamie could do this on a regular basis, a wee bit more enthusiasm when the tools are dropped around him? Even I could forget THAT wink , I really really hope he kicks on with this, 

we seem to have a few that need to kick on within themselves? If he starts the trend, hopefully we will have the team we deserve🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Thank ferk that's over! 3 points clean sheet, it'll do. Gnanduillet definitely isn't great in the air, looked second to almost every ball. He needs the ball played to feet, that much is obvious.

Don’t necessarily agree with that. He wasn’t great today, but by all accounts, his game is  in the air with the right type of crosses delivered. Let’s give him a few games to settle in. Still think he will score goals in this league for fun 

50 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who was your man of the match today mate?. 

Craig Gordon 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, One five said:

GMS was very disappointing (again) today for me I just hope he improves with the more games he plays .

3 games in a week probably a step too far right now. 

February its one game a week, except us to be fresher

11 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I loved the way he was looking for Gnando. Methinks that'll be a great partnership

Exciting potential there with those two 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They prove more than your opinion.

They never created more- we also had crosses,  and more corners along with missed opportunities that won't show in the stats.

The chances are subjective, I tend to agree with you, they had the best  chance in the game, but they never created more.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I just did and you went all Donald Trump and ignored it.

Shots on goal aren’t reflective of chances created. You could have 20 shots on goal from 30 yards because your team wasn’t creative enough to break down the defence. We had loads of corners but the vast majority were abysmal.

Anyway I’ve had my rant, we got 3 points and are well clear so happy days. Just hope Robbie saw the areas of development today and not just the three points. Onwards and upwards hopefully 👍🏻

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Don’t necessarily agree with that. He wasn’t great today, but by all accounts, his game is  in the air with the right type of crosses delivered. Let’s give him a few games to settle in. Still think he will score goals in this league for fun 

But for a fantastic save he would have scored one today. That is the type of header we want to see him winning not 20 yards from their goal.

3 points clean sheet and the brilliant scumdee lose on top of that the stream from VIP was good.

Not a vintage Hearts but seen worse.

3 minutes ago, One five said:

GMS was very disappointing (again) today for me I just hope he improves with the more games he plays .

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Didn’t really get involved. Maybe just a bit rusty. 

Absolutely brilliamt from Walker from the moment he came on the pitch .Thats the Jamie Walker we all remember before he left for Wigan .Long may it continue after Wednesdays performance as well.

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I think you've seen what you wanted to see.

You are talking absolute bollocks. It was a fairly even game but we deserved the win - just. 

Fairly even - wtf - it wasnt until exactly 63 minutes i thought we actually might win this - midfield got battered as they did last time against these guys

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Totally agree and when Aidy came on it was a breath of fresh air - i think hes underestimated - always puts in a great shift imo

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

All the seasiders will tell you he hates challenging for it but if you pick him out hes lethal

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But for a fantastic save he would have scored one today. That is the type of header we want to see him winning not 20 yards from their goal.

True. Float the crosses into the right areas, and he will get on the end of them. He needs to get used to what the wingers will do - With training and match practice he will get more familiar with how they play - likewise, they will with him. 

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree. He is just settling in though. Quality like his will always come to the fore.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3 games in a week probably a step too far right now. 

February its one game a week, except us to be fresher

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I’m sure he will improve 👍

18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He didn't get the chance to. 

He had plenty time to get us clear of the bottom and couldn’t do it. 
Anyway enough about that. Well in the past. 

2 minutes ago, 160598 said:

All the seasiders will tell you he hates challenging for it but if you pick him out hes lethal

He looks like he will come in from a bit deeper rather than hang on the 6 yard line. All about timing. 

Brighton Jambo
47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They didn’t create more chances than us. That’s just factually incorrect. 

Exactly, a quick scan of the match stats confirms this.

We had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.  

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

He looks like he will come in from a bit deeper rather than hang on the 6 yard line. All about timing. 

Spot on - Thats his bag

6 minutes ago, One five said:

Yeah I’m sure he will improve 👍

Tin hat on here but up until today I thought GMS had been getting better and better every match. Gives us something different. Would have preferred him to stay on today rather than Naismith, that’s for sure.

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Fairly even - wtf - it wasnt until exactly 63 minutes i thought we actually might win this - midfield got battered as they did last time against these guys

Then how did we have more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.  It wasn’t that even we were the better and more creative team as the stats prove.  

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Tin hat on here but up until today I thought GMS had been getting better and better every match. Gives us something different. Would have preferred him to stay on today rather than Naismith, that’s for sure.

Naismith was pants today I agree.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Awesome performance from Gordon.

Defence looking much better with Popescu on the right and Halkett on left of centre back pairing. Popescu is battling to make the position his own and has closed the door (IMO) for Berra. Kingsley had a great game.

Naismith's ability is fading but had to start given Jamie Walker had a slight groin strain.

Walker comes on and changes the match...what's going on with him? That's 2 great performances in 2 consecutive games!! I may have to eat my words about him last week. Outstanding.

Clean sheet. 3 points against a close rival and Dundee are cuffed by the team we beat 4-0 on Tuesday.

What's not to like?! A brilliant week. Never mind moaning, we should all be smoking cigars tonight!

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Exactly, a quick scan of the match stats confirms this.

We had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.  

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Then how did we have more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.  It wasn’t that even we were the better and more creative team as the stats prove.  

Counts for absolutely nothing and no reflection of the game - look at Celtics stats the day. Our manager realising we were getting battered again in midfield and watching 2 world class saves - to stop us being 2-0 down made the changes reqd. Even their striker congratulated our keeper

Slightly off topic but I've just been watching 'The Seven' on the BBC Scotland channel. They're showing highlights from the EPL FFS. Was there any Scottish football being played today that was being filmed?

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Awesome performance from Gordon.

Defence looking much better with Popescu on the right and Halkett on left of centre back pairing. Popescu is battling to make the position his own and has closed the door (IMO) for Berra. Kingsley had a great game.

Naismith's ability is fading but had to start given Jamie Walker had a slight groin strain.

Walker comes on and changes the match...what's going on with him? That's 2 great performances in 2 consecutive games!! I may have to eat my words about him last week. Outstanding.

Clean sheet. 3 points against a close rival and Dundee are cuffed by the team we beat 4-0 on Tuesday.

What's not to like?! A brilliant week. Never mind moaning, we should all be smoking cigars tonight!

Fair point mate 👍

23 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Totally agree and when Aidy came on it was a breath of fresh air - i think hes underestimated - always puts in a great shift imo

Agree. Think Aidy has been very useful on the left side. He should get a run of games I think but of course his problem is like so many...always injured. 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Mine was Walker. 
Who was yours? 
We won the match and should achieve our objectives of going up. 
The guy you want in charge could not achieve his objectives and keep us in the premier league. 

What are you on about did i even quote you or was it Smith right boot, I was asking him a genuine question, bolt 👍

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Oh bore off. They had a couple of chances, big deal. So did we. We won fairly easily. At no point were we under pressure for long periods of the game.

Ease off the Stella - Could have been 1 down after 30 secs - should have 1 down after an hour - and got 1 up due to a bit of magic on 81 mins - aye fairly easily

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna give it to Walker. 

Great goal. 

Walkers different class, written of by many on here. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Craig Gordon obviously. Got to admit that was a great move by the club to get him in. Don’t you think? Hats off to Neilson and Budge for making it to happen. 

Imagine there was a manager out there that didn’t want Craig Gordon in their team? No one would be that stupid. . . 

Who didn't want Craig Gordon? 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Walkers different class, written of by many on here. 

He's been good the last few games but he's had so many poor games since returning.

2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Don’t know how you can say that about Gnanduillet he nearly scored with header. Their keeper made a Gordonesque save. 

Our chances and Dunfermline keeper's saves are being overlooked on here. 

Doesn't suit the critical agenda on here by some posters. Instead of giving Dunfermline credit for a solid performance people are slating Hearts for only winning1-0.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

He's been good the last few games but he's had so many poor games since returning.

I don't blame him, when in his natural position you see the difference. 

Took a while for some to realise but, instead of playing him out on the left  

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't blame him, when in his natural position you see the difference. 

Took a while for some to realise but, instead of playing him out on the left  

Possibly the case but there was times when he didn't seem bothered.

I'd rather him starting than Naismith now though

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Possibly the case but there was times when he didn't seem bothered.

I'd rather him starting than Naismith now though

I'd rather play both. 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

How do you see that working? Naismith up front?

He can play their but similar to Walker, Naismith has to be involved in the game. 

433 with with Haring being the holder, Irving and walker, with naismith on the left, GMS on the right Boyce through the middle, but the front free given licence to roam, then having the big man to replace either of the front free. 

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Outplayed at home for the second week in a row. Worrying. If Dunfermline had been even slightly clinical they’d have been 2 or 3-0.

You mean if Gordon hadn’t made two great saves and we never scored they’d have won two nil 🤣

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, One five said:

He may well improve with a slight change in formation, in terms of playing 4-4-2 for example. There were two or three occasions today when the 1 up front, Boyce, controlled the ball in their half and played it out to GMS. He then went past the opposition full back and forward a little, and when there is only 1 up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation and you have then gone in advance of the 1, as the winger, it then means you have to put your foot on the ball, turn backwards and look for someone else to play it to. 4-2-3-1 is the sort of formation I'd understand being adopted in a 2 legged cup tie, for example, where we have won by 4-0, for example, at Tynecastle, and the only requirement in the away leg is to make sure we maintain a situation where we would go through on aggregate even if losing that away leg. Re. improvement I agree in as much as he could benefit from more playing time with the existing players, and a full pre season.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He can play their but similar to Walker, Naismith has to be involved in the game. 

433 with with Haring being the holder, Irving and walker, with naismith on the left, GMS on the right Boyce through the middle, but the front free given licence to roam, then having the big man to replace either of the front free. 

I just worry about legs set up like that. Think we’d get pummelled in midfield and the defence is a problem as it is.

I think both Walker and Naismith have to play centrally as they can’t run. Would be good if we could find a system that fits them both.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Ok - you seem to be saying we were exceptionally lucky to win that game and Dunfermline deserved to be out of sight - am I correct in saying that? If so, we have a basis to continue the conversation. 

Not sure what you mean by referendum guy.

For the record - I think your assessment of a football game is way off to the extent that I think you're going out of your way to be a dick. 

Never said lucky or exceptional. Fact is fact. We could have been one down after 30 secs, we should have been 1 down after an hour. We went up on 81 after some magic. Not a fairly easy win. The assessment is that of the manager - changes were required to the extent of two subs  at a time. I never gave an assessment - I doubted yours as has everyone else. You state bore off, zzzzzz and im a dick . Lets bring in robbie to see what he says,,,,Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "It was a tough game against a very good team. For us it was all about getting the win today. Yes we have played better but we battled away.