Mafia Kill the Goons part XI

Rudi Skacel

So what to do today? Go for Alim and get it over with. If he's a goon, then we have plenty evidence pointing to some of his goonly chums. Yay.

If he's a townie (or worse), then we're back to square one, but without the Alim distraction.

We could go for someone completely different, but it would be based on gut feel as much as anything else. There's probably enough out there to suspect everyone at this stage. We either get lucky - yay - or we bag another townie and we're back to square one, but still with Alim in play.

Or we force another tie break and rely completely on luck.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seats

• Stuart McNeill

• Morgaro Gomis

• yvonnejambo

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Logic suggests Alim was investigated either night 1 or 2.

But logic has gone right out the window from our masonic chums in recent games, so who knows.

If Alim was investigated night 1 (good), then why did Boof vote for him day 2? May have been to hide, but then Boof is a good player that knows fine well we'll check all his posts in the event of his untimely demise.

If Alim was investigate night 2 (bad), then a pile on is justified. We don't know if he was or not, but the combination of Boof's day 2 vote and the logic of investigations suggests he probably is a goon.

Worst case scenario is Alim has never been investigated because the masons already know what he is. If that's the case, then he probably deserves what's coming for his gung-ho approach on day 1. Fine for a townie, but wreckless for a rolled player.

But if a townie, why so determined to not just take the hit on either day? And then to suggest he has a role after all?

Then we have those trying to divert attention to other players and calling out those trying to lynch Alim as suspect. Why would goons do that in plain sight when they would still have good numbers and a possible turncoat to come?

You had me nodding along, but I was hoping for ' so, in conclusion..' 😁

I'll wait and see if Alim has anything to say for himself, before deciding. It looks like lynching him has the green (or at least amber) light, but there's a lot of goons kicking around who could be manipulating things, but also exposing themselves too. 

5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

But logic has gone right out the window from our masonic chums in recent games, so who knows.

If Alim was investigated night 1 (good), then why did Boof vote for him day 2? May have been to hide, but then Boof is a good player that knows fine well we'll check all his posts in the event of his untimely demise.

If Alim was investigate night 2 (bad), then a pile on is justified. We don't know if he was or not, but the combination of Boof's day 2 vote and the logic of investigations suggests he probably is a goon.

Worst case scenario is Alim has never been investigated because the masons already know what he is. If that's the case, then he probably deserves what's coming for his gung-ho approach on day 1. Fine for a townie, but wreckless for a rolled player.

But if a townie, why so determined to not just take the hit on either day? And then to suggest he has a role after all?

Then we have those trying to divert attention to other players and calling out those trying to lynch Alim as suspect. Why would goons do that in plain sight when they would still have good numbers and a possible turncoat to come?

I never suggested I have a role. All I said was if I was the doc then taking it to a tie break would have been the smart thing to do. 

Good Old Fashioned Scandal
35 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Interesting. Bunny and Shapes basically post the same thing about if Alim was a goon the other goons would try and raise suspicion on someone else at nearly the same time.

Then Shapes tries to move attention onto me for some reason. I find that curious. 

Because it makes sense. Even I can see that on my second game 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I never suggested I have a role. All I said was if I was the doc then taking it to a tie break would have been the smart thing to do. 

liar.gif

10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Really good post, kind of sums it up. I will  put my vote back on

Vote Alim

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anyways, I am done for anyways. Town will win this easy with the pile on. Braw 👍

Even if you aren't bad, the lynch is still the logical thing to do and I'm not sure how much we can read into the voting.

2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Even if you aren't bad, the lynch is still the logical thing to do and I'm not sure how much we can read into the voting.

This game I would be launching myself. Haven’t done myself any favours with the Andy lynch. Been suspect ever since. 

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Smack said:

You had me nodding along, but I was hoping for ' so, in conclusion..' 😁

I'll wait and see if Alim has anything to say for himself, before deciding. It looks like lynching him has the green (or at least amber) light, but there's a lot of goons kicking around who could be manipulating things, but also exposing themselves too. 

No goon will surely contributing towards Helping Alim.

3 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

No goon will surely contributing towards Helping Alim.

that’s because I ain’t a goon 

Votes

Alim - 9

geoff - 1

morgaro - 1

Alim was of course just a townie!

night stuff please. 

Im thinking of making deadline tomorrow now, what does everyone think? Or do people still want a deadline tonight? Its less than 7 hours away and even less by the time we get the night stuff. 

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Votes

Alim - 9

geoff - 1

morgaro - 1

night stuff please. 

Im thinking of making deadline tomorrow now, what does everyone think? Or do people still want a deadline tonight? Its less than 7 hours away and even less by the time we get the night stuff. 

Make it tonight. Cause some mayhem

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Votes

Alim - 9

geoff - 1

morgaro - 1

night stuff please. 

Not meaning this to sound as if I’m having a go, cos I’m not as I can only imagine how hard running a game actually is, but...

Was it not 10 for a lynch given there is 18 players?

I may be wrong and I may have miscounted the remaining player list - either way, it’s too late and the lynch would have happened regardless. So I guess this post is pointless 😂

Morgaro Gomis

Ignore me, was forgetting Sean can’t vote today for missing deadline so 9 was correct.

Apologies for questioning you Rudi 👀

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Not meaning this to sound as if I’m having a go, cos I’m not as I can only imagine how hard running a game actually is, but...

Was it not 10 for a lynch given there is 18 players?

I may be wrong and I may have miscounted the remaining player list - either way, it’s too late and the lynch would have happened regardless. So I guess this post is pointless 😂

It would have been 10, but Sean couldnt vote today. 

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

It would have been 10, but Sean couldnt vote today. 

Yep, noticed that after I posted. 

Sorry for questioning you there mate.

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Woo

enjoy the rest of the game chaps. 

woooo

Hard lines mate it was a difficult position to escape from

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Hopefully wont be too long. But there wont be a deadline tonight. 

Allows plenty time for research .....

Eric Powell Creator of The Goon Interview

Long cold wet night for the town

the doc was out and about saving someone

the mason cop decided to have a look at someone and they turned out to be good. 

the goons?

well they decided that they had had enough of someone and went to bump them off

riddley walker, who was just a townie, was no more

it is now day

1. Shapes

2. Vlad

4. Stuart

5. Seats

6. Sheldon

7. Good old fashioned scandal

8. Morgaro

9. Bunny

12. Jambosean

15. Iantjambo

16. Smack

17. Yvonne

18. Dandy

19. Dunks

21. Peaky

27. Geoff

9 for a lynch

deadline 9pm saturday

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Wooooo

:sob:

Wooooo

Took one for the town mate, so laugh in the faces of the goons for thinking you were something else :thumbsup:

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Took one for the town mate, so laugh in the faces of the goons for thinking you were something else :thumbsup:

Woooo

I had a mega post prepared, that was more the sad face reason :lol:

Roond yis goonies 

Woooo

4 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

My goondar is going off the radar in this game with limited information. Usually it doesn't ping this well. I guess it will tell me how well it actually works. 

4 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I guess it's a decent tactic to put an iron clad safe vote for a fellow goon on day 3 when they look at your voting history. 

So why would Riddley be knocked off? My guess is because either Morgano or Shapes is a goon as that was his accusation. Anybody else have a theory or ideas?

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

So why would Riddley be knocked off? My guess is because either Morgano or Shapes is a goon as that was his accusation. Anybody else have a theory or ideas?

I was suspicious of both them before day ended tbf. But really it's based on almost nothing..

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Well what has happened here 😂

The Alim lynching was inevitable after last night's result, a few people worth keeping an eye on after that for sure.

I think there's a goon lurking in the background somewhere. On that note, where on earth is Vlad? Passed out after too much red wine?

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Or to the contrary to make it look like that. A theory you were quite quick to jump on.

It would be the noobiest goon move to whack a player who has been the most vociferous in doubting myself, were I a goon. I can’t speak for Shapes, but I know that I wouldn’t have killed Riddley. 

16 left

5 goons (and turncoat in play)

5 trusted players (3x mason/cop and 2 investigated good guys)

1 confirmed bad guy.

This actually isn’t looking too bad for the the town. 

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Or to the contrary to make it look like that. A theory you were quite quick to jump on.

It would be the noobiest goon move to whack a player who has been the most vociferous in doubting myself, were I a goon. I can’t speak for Shapes, but I know that I wouldn’t have killed Riddley. 

Yeah I had no beef with Riddley and  didnt kill him. My beef was with Sheldon but I thought we had sorted that out. If I were a goon it would have been Sheldon I would have killed. 

Wooo

Come away in for a pint, Riddley.

Enough deid folk to make it worthwhile opening the Celestial Tavern.

Alim, redcat, AndyNic...even Prince is welcome since you didn't kill any good guys.

Drinks are free until the end of the game.

Dominoes behind the bar.

Wooo

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Wooo

Come away in for a pint, Riddley.

Enough deid folk to make it worthwhile opening the Celestial Tavern.

Alim, redcat, AndyNic...even Prince is welcome since you didn't kill any good guys.

Drinks are free until the end of the game.

Dominoes behind the bar.

Wooo

Wooooo

Yasss thanks Boof. I'll take a pint and a dram, if you're offering. 

Woooo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
6 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Yeah I had no beef with Riddley and  didnt kill him. My beef was with Sheldon but I thought we had sorted that out. If I were a goon it would have been Sheldon I would have killed. 

Would that not have been too obvious?

I don't necessarily believe you're a goon but goons wouldn't attract attention on themselves with a move like that. If anything I think someone would've tried to stitch you up in that scenario.