Budge is the problem

i8hibsh

54 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

One prerogative for this season. Get promoted.

A very difficult thing to achieve 1st time round which has been proved with factual evidence time and time again.

So, how are we doing, oh look......top of the league with all criteria being fulfilled.

A wee added bonus is losing every now and again just to give the space cadets something to howl at the moon about. 

Remember how embarrassing it was for the club last time we were top of the league and sacked a manager. 

nearly 16 years ago 😕what was the reason behind that, why did we loan 

a goalie to St mirren , another bad decision.

Edited by Harry Potter

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Hashimoto

Budge and the ethos she has instilled at the club is indeed a major factor in our current malaise. Until she no longer has any influence in the football club, this is the way we are going to be. Sure, we will most likely be promoted, and probably with a fair bit to spare, but does anybody really relish watching this setup try to compete in the Premiership next season? I know I don’t.

Ainsley Harriott

Not sure if its Ann or not but when you put that number of experienced international players out to play raith rover and that happens it tells you something is rotten within the club. We get all this shite propaganda about the great dressing room is and how much the players like the coaching staff it's clearly pish. The core of our squad is made up of well paid mercenaries who dont give a flying ****. Guys like Naismith, Boyce, Halliday, Walker having been utterly ripping the ***** out of every paying hearts fan.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not sure if its Ann or not but when you put that number of experienced international players out to play raith rover and that happens it tells you something is rotten within the club. We get all this shite propaganda about the great dressing room is and how much the players like the coaching staff it's clearly pish. The core of our squad is made up of well paid mercenaries who dont give a flying ****. Guys like Naismith, Boyce, Halliday, Walker having been utterly ripping the ***** out of every paying hearts fan.

Burnley beat one of the best teams in the world midweek, that's football. 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

That was one match many of the names above have been ripping the piss out of us for years 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

That was one match many of the names above have been ripping the piss out of us for years 

It's a shame you see it that way. 

I dont think players rip the piss out of anyone but themselves if they if they don't perform. 

If it was down to half the nuggets on here we'd be on our 4th or 5th manager this season alone, the new stand would have been flattened for a wooden shed and we'd be playing the under 16s every week because nobody who'd come within 10 miles of Tynecastle. 

Remit for the season is get promoted. 

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's a shame you see it that way. 

I dont think players rip the piss out of anyone but themselves if they if they don't perform. 

If it was down to half the nuggets on here we'd be on our 4th or 5th manager this season alone, the new stand would have been flattened for a wooden shed and we'd be playing the under 16s every week because nobody who'd come within 10 miles of Tynecastle. 

Remit for the season is get promoted. 

That's the remit of half the Championship clubs, each and every season.

When they do pull it off, they are usually not long in going straight back down again.

The remit is to stop this club's stagnation and to get us back to where we belong.

24 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Oh my, you’re like a child 😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh my, you’re like a child 😂

Indeed.

The Championship is a doddle this season. Probably as weak as it’s ever been. Neilson gets minimal credit if he gets out of it because quite honestly, an IKEA wardrobe should be good enough to manage us out of this league.

It’s about the bigger picture. Neilson will not take us forward in the Premiership, let alone win anything. As for Budge, I’m constantly baffled how people don’t see her track record as a problem. We’ve been in decline for ages now. Literally ages.

I love it when folk say “she’s been let down on the football side” as if a football club chairman has no responsibility for the football side. It’s very simple - she keeps getting it wrong because she hasn’t got a clue and there are about three people in the entire world who she’s happy to have as head coach. Looking forward to the day when Levein returns as caretaker.

part_time_jambo
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I reckon an unborn baby understands football more than Budge.

Sounds like something a primary school child would say.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Indeed.

The Championship is a doddle this season. Probably as weak as it’s ever been. Neilson gets minimal credit if he gets out of it because quite honestly, an IKEA wardrobe should be good enough to manage us out of this league.

It’s about the bigger picture. Neilson will not take us forward in the Premiership, let alone win anything. As for Budge, I’m constantly baffled how people don’t see her track record as a problem. We’ve been in decline for ages now. Literally ages.

I love it when folk say “she’s been let down on the football side” as if a football club chairman has no responsibility for the football side. It’s very simple - she keeps getting it wrong because she hasn’t got a clue and there are about three people in the entire world who she’s happy to have as head coach. Looking forward to the day when Levein returns as caretaker.

It’s not the players fault, it’s Robbie. 
It’s not Robbie’s fault, it’s the players. 
It’s not Ann’s fault, it’s Robbie. 
It’s the fans fault sometimes as well. 

Maybe someone has to step up and take responsibility for this and that has to come from the top. We laugh at Lawell for sticking by a manager who is not up to the job and yet here we are. 

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

Sounds like something a primary school child would say.

Primary kids probably not too clued up on unborn babies.

Midfield Dynamo
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I really hope we are starting to wake up.

Wow.........have you any idea what this Woman has done to save our beloved Hearts?

Results have not been great at times.....but I have never seen Anne shirk a 50/50 tackle where the Clubs best interests are at stake.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe someone has to step up and take responsibility for this and that has to come from the top. We laugh at Lawell for sticking by a manager who is not up to the job and yet here we are. 

You are correct in what you say. This week is going to be pivotal for Neilson. Two more performances like that and he’s in bother. The first half yesterday was dire. It took us going three goals down before most of them looked like they had any desire at all.  Time they all got it through their heads that there are no easy games this season. Hard work brings results. For most of the game yesterday some of them thought they were out for a stroll. Get it sorted or get out.

Midfield Dynamo
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

You are correct in what you say. This week is going to be pivotal for Neilson. Two more performances like that and he’s in bother. The first half yesterday was dire. It took us going three goals down before most of them looked like they had any desire at all.  Time they all got it through their heads that there are no easy games this season. Hard work brings results. For most of the game yesterday some of them thought they were out for a stroll. Get it sorted or get out.

Good post.

It’s down to desire & hunger from the first whistle.

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Getting us up is the immediate target. If he ha doesn’t achieve that he fails. 

It's how he gets us up after what we've had to endure throughout the levein period.  

We just cross the line playing the same type of football and he doesn't get the job next season. 

This'll cost us fans and money if he sticks to the same boring football. 

We need a clean break from the levein era and she has just kept it going.  This'll cost us. 

Budge has created a loser mentality at the club and I am afraid that is simply undeniable and a fact.

No ambition, no professionalism and no accountability. The bad outweighs the good in terms of what she has done for the club. Has to go when the takeover happens.

If you watched the documentary then it was clear to see that it was jobs for the girls in the offices. Full of lawyers and accountants, get some football people in for **** sake. Asking the finance director who she thinks the next manager should be ffs. Whole board have to go.

8 minutes ago, Midfield Dynamo said:

Wow.........have you any idea what this Woman has done to save our beloved Hearts?

Results have not been great at times.....but I have never seen Anne shirk a 50/50 tackle where the Clubs best interests are at stake.

Aye? What about taking her time to get rid off levein?  Very decisive with what the club needed at that time. 

She had failed on the football side of things and that is what actually matters 

Let's not make out the Neilson out brigade was one or two lone voices the first time in charge, there were a lot of fans who wanted him out as the football was tedious as was his approach to derby games. On his return, it was always going to be a divisive appointment, yet it was another comfy one, made by Budge. 

We are still suffering from 1) actually appointing Levein as manager and 2) taking an eternity to sack him (5-0 at Livvy should've been shoogly peg time). Yet we were told that "real fans" still back Levein in a patronising statement. All decisions again made by Budge. 

She's done some good for this club but folk need to get their head out the sand, she has been the one constant all along. Add in the new stand shambles, the new pitch getting ruined by an orchestra, cosying up to Hibs, loaning Zlamal to St Mirren. The club is beung run in her image, and that image is the reason for where we are. 

Folk say we're on target but that's very short sighted imo. Our aim this season shouldn't just be promotion, it should be creating a team that can push Hibs and Aberdeen. For me, I can't see us finishing above 9th with that mob. Neilson is terrified playing away from home against championship sides ffs, so what will he be like next season. Tynecastle is never going to be a fortress when your toothless up top and weak at the back, add in being slow and lightweight in the middle. We've just signed GMS, a past it winger who'll be 31 this year, exactly the type of signing we didn't need. There's absolutely no way Budge won't give Neilson a crack at the prem should we get up, but it already feels like yet another questionable decision to add to her list. 

20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Indeed.

110%

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Budge has created a loser mentality at the club and I am afraid that is simply undeniable and a fact.

No ambition, no professionalism and no accountability. The bad outweighs the good in terms of what she has done for the club. Has to go when the takeover happens.

If you watched the documentary then it was clear to see that it was jobs for the girls in the offices. Full of lawyers and accountants, get some football people in for **** sake. Asking the finance director who she thinks the next manager should be ffs. Whole board have to go.

Look at the professionalism when Sibbick came up to sign.  He was met by two office workers in a cupboard while it was being filmed.  

Where was someone from the board or coaching staff?

It never even crossed their minds how this would look on camera.

How many days a week does ann budge work in the office?  Just curious.  

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No, we got a rehashed manager and lots of journeymen players.

So a new / different manager, and new players. Did you expect the club to sign 11 new 1st team players?

only a spoilt child or a supporter of one of the ugly sisters expects to win every single game.

I’m as annoyed as anyone we lost and played badly for 70 minutes, but we’re still top of the league. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

So a new / different manager, and new players. Did you expect the club to sign 11 new 1st team players?

only a spoilt child or a supporter of one of the ugly sisters expects to win every single game.

I’m as annoyed as anyone we lost and played badly for 70 minutes, but we’re still top of the league. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

That's not how we get out of this malaise.

Be more demanding!

11 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Let's not make out the Neilson out brigade was one or two lone voices the first time in charge, there were a lot of fans who wanted him out as the football was tedious as was his approach to derby games. On his return, it was always going to be a divisive appointment, yet it was another comfy one, made by Budge. 

We are still suffering from 1) actually appointing Levein as manager and 2) taking an eternity to sack him (5-0 at Livvy should've been shoogly peg time). Yet we were told that "real fans" still back Levein in a patronising statement. All decisions again made by Budge. 

She's done some good for this club but folk need to get their head out the sand, she has been the one constant all along. Add in the new stand shambles, the new pitch getting ruined by an orchestra, cosying up to Hibs, loaning Zlamal to St Mirren. The club is beung run in her image, and that image is the reason for where we are. 

Folk say we're on target but that's very short sighted imo. Our aim this season shouldn't just be promotion, it should be creating a team that can push Hibs and Aberdeen. For me, I can't see us finishing above 9th with that mob. Neilson is terrified playing away from home against championship sides ffs, so what will he be like next season. Tynecastle is never going to be a fortress when your toothless up top and weak at the back, add in being slow and lightweight in the middle. We've just signed GMS, a past it winger who'll be 31 this year, exactly the type of signing we didn't need. There's absolutely no way Budge won't give Neilson a crack at the prem should we get up, but it already feels like yet another questionable decision to add to her list. 

Excellent post.......A well reasoned critique of where we are today!

It's not yesterday's result that gets people back on here criticising Budge and her strategy. It's a culmination of many years abject performance from our football team.

It's quite right to think beyond this championship season......This current setup starting at the top does not offer us much hope for that future. Past history has shown us why......

What have we seen to suggest that next season and beyond will be better than the past 5-years with Budge and Neilson pulling the strings?  

Budge is not involved in a day to day capacity. 

Budge knows herself she is no good so stepped aside.

Budge is involved with the benefactors. 

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

I watched St Johnstone rip the piss out of Hibs in the 2nd half yesterday and as much as I loved it and enjoyed it , I imagined our charlatans on that pitch. Take away the semi and the final (minus first half) performances , and I must admit I got the fear.  Frear, Halliday, Berra, Halkett against fast paced players and passing would of been slaughtered.

Someone wrote in another thread the average age of our starting eleven yesterday was 30+ and it put a chill down my spine. The money spunked on dross by Levein and his successors is criminal for what we have 

Edited by 1971fozzy

20 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

bravo sir. Absolutely spot on

Nelly Terraces
58 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Budge and the ethos she has instilled at the club is indeed a major factor in our current malaise. Until she no longer has any influence in the football club, this is the way we are going to be. Sure, we will most likely be promoted, and probably with a fair bit to spare, but does anybody really relish watching this setup try to compete in the Premiership next season? I know I don’t.

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on guys.

A ‘laissez fair’ & timorous attitude creeps like a growing cancer at Hearts & it all starts from the top. ‘Soft as shite’ is the common vernacular & it’s true. Run like a sub branch of the Women’s Institute, where vanity projects have more priority than the actual football team winning games, the head is surrounded by a gaggle of supine & feeble yes women & men who wouldn’t dare speak up in contradiction of ‘Her Royal Highness’. Even the new CEO has stated he’s a benign sort & doesn’t wish for having to be combative & this at a time when the club was never more in need of someone willing to be assertive & pugnacious on our behalf.  

I’d imagine that the limit of ‘wrath’ Robbie will feel would be Ann Budge putting out only the plain biscuits & not the chocolate HobNobs when they have a cozy wee chat over a cuppa tomorrow while he explains it was all the Refs fault with her nodding away but actually thinking of the next charity venture to involve the club in.

19 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

That's not how we get out of this malaise.

Be more demanding!

I demand we be top of the league and on course for promotion! Oh hang on..

let’s see if we get a reaction on Tuesday....I suspect we will - and probably see a different line up

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

I demand we be top of the league and on course for promotion! Oh hang on..

let’s see if we get a reaction on Tuesday....I suspect we will - and probably see a different line up

I love your optimism my primate friend.

If I can predict Tuesday it would be something like.......We'll bring Robert's back in.....Why not White as well.......Stick Naismith and Boyle on the bench......No, sorry....I'll be serious here.

What you will see is the same boring 'side to side" midfield passing.....no pace (can't suddenly invent pace in this team)......slow, methodical build up's.....Generally a real lack of urgency....malaise through the team....and Neilson doing lots of arm waving

Tell me where you have seen that scenario before?

36 minutes ago, Midfield Dynamo said:

Good post.

Hate saying this but thats exactly whats missing, 

13 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I love your optimism my primate friend.

If I can predict Tuesday it would be something like.......We'll bring Robert's back in.....Why not White as well.......Stick Naismith and Boyle on the bench......No, sorry....I'll be serious here.

What you will see is the same boring 'side to side" midfield passing.....no pace (can't suddenly invent pace in this team)......slow, methodical build up's.....Generally a real lack of urgency....malaise through the team....and Neilson doing lots of arm waving

Tell me where you have seen that scenario before?

Not acceptable 😄 you're not the first.    I mean, there's even a thread with his name.   

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

What this current season has shown  is that it is definitely NOT the fault of those big bad shouty Hearts fans putting the players off during a match.

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

They better get to grips with this. It seems so blindingly obvious to us:

1/ you are not that great

2/ teams want your scalp

3/ you don't have the greatest of coach

4/ refs are totally unreliable

Now, I don't expect Ann Budge to. be responsible for player motivation or self awareness. That is Neilson's job but the players, too. If we do not see an improvement from what has been evident for weeks, then more serious questions must be asked.

Neilson will likely get the job done but he has much to prove if the club's potential is seen in the context of his ability

GET PROMOTION DONE!  

How many times do we have to go over the same stuff. Many mistakes been made.  Ann has accepted responsibility and put it right. We have virtually completed the stand. We have a new pitch. We have very little debt.  Financially, she ponied up when no-one else would to save the club. Be very clear.  We were probably the most financially hit Scottish Club, having been relegated with Premier playing budget and the Covid impact. If it wasn’t for her and the benefactors she has brought in, there is a fair chance we would have faced a real prospect of going under this Season, or, at least, had a significant hit to the playing staff and struggled to get back up. Would we have found an additional £3m plus whatever else is being pumped in now to get GMS and extend contracts?  
She has brought in football people admitting she doesn’t have the competence to do it herself. 
STOP PRESS Levein has left the building. Get over it. 
Target is GET PROMOTION DONE. 

Do what we can to build some foundations for attacking the Premier League next Season but what top three player would sign for us today with risk of not getting up and play rest of Season in crap league. Also, why pay such wages. 
the performance of last 30 minutes yesterday showed we have a tram capable of smashing this League. What more can Ann do on this?

There were two issues yesterday. No fight, (got bullied), from the start and a number of players (Berra, Halkett, Walker, Halliday, Frear,Roberts) are not contributing enough. That is not Budge. 
That issue sits with players and Robbie. I think Robbie can turn it around. Not sure about some of the players but believe we have enough to get us through. 

GET PROMOTION DONE

59 minutes ago, Midfield Dynamo said:

Good post.

A lot about this has been discussed on another thread, bud, and you are right. 

There seems to be a culture developed at Hearts that we think we can just pass our way through games and overcome teams. We aren’t good enough for that. It’s not just tenacity and hard work out of possession that’s a problem, it’s actually while being in possession too.

If I can find some little bit of yesterday’s game that was positive in a hugely poor performance, it was the last 20,25 minutes when we actually bothered our arses to run harder, be more physical, put more energy into our movements when ON the ball and it actually did bring chances and opportunities around the box.

What is it we need to learn? We’ve got experienced players all through the team? Can’t they be arsed? For me, it the management and how we are honed and prepared, the mentality we are bred on. 

Bazzas right boot

We have fans that almost  will our managers to fail and turn on them and the team Litterally after a defeat. 

They seem to want us to get beat so they are proven right and can spout their bile.

Robbie had us 3rd last time and in about 2nd when he left, many on here wanted him gone. 

He left, they celebrated Cathro, the same group then wanted cathro gone early doors. He left, CL taken over, the same group wanted him gone from the start. He left as manager, they said things could not get worse, they celebrated Stendal, things got worse we ended up adrift at the bottom of the league. 

Covid, demotion followed and we then got Robbie back in charge, he beat hibs which many said he had to, he us us top of the league, the same group now want him gone and get a new person in........

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have fans that almost  will our managers to fail and turn on them and the team Litterally after a defeat. 

They seem to want us to get beat so they are proven right and can spout their bile.

Robbie had us 3rd last time and in about 2nd when he left, many on here wanted him gone. 

He left, they celebrated Cathro, the same group then wanted cathro gone early doors. He left, CL taken over, the same group wanted him gone from the start. He left as manager, they said things could not get worse, they celebrated Stendal, things got worse we ended up adrift at the bottom of the league. 

Covid, demotion followed and we then got Robbie back in charge, he beat hibs which many said he had to, he us us top of the league, the same group now want him gone and get a new person in........

Do you see any issues with the motivation and application of the players? In Neilsons first term was this questioned as much?

Edited by Riccarton3

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So what you’re saying is that Ann is crap at appointing managers? 😁🤷‍♂️

I thank God for my mortality, because I won't be around in 2040 when Son of ******** (fill in appropriate poster) will be banging on about Levein.

Second, yesterday saw, for example, one of our most consistent players, Smith, have a stinker and, it would seem we shouldn't have signed G McK-S (another journeyman?) who had played 45 mins in past 2 months and only came to the club days ago.  Naismith is crap, Boyce is crap, BOTH fullbacks are "journeymen" and had poor games yesterday; even Craig should have done better at their 3rd.  So  Budge is to blame!

Raith played very well and had 4 shots on target, 2 of which were penalties.  We missed 3 sitters and Mcdonald was outstanding  and that was with so many of the players who should have performed better, almost all lauded as good signings (until we get a poor result) having a poor game.

Plus, Irving's performance marked down, when the evidence of a proper scrutiny of his game yesterday showed he played well.

If you really want to find a genuine weakness to moan about its our away form, and that has been the case for over a decade plus.

Of course, yesterday wasn't good enough but that's football.

Here's my prediction, because this is Hearts we're talking about, we'll win on Tuesday.

Let's separate the business department from the football department as the starting point. On the business side Ann has done a terrific job, including our magnificent new stand. On the football side she has been a disaster, therefor she is the problem. Many argue she has backed each manager to the hilt which she has, but the real issue here is that she is the one who has appointed that manager in the first place and she has made a pigs ear of it. She was at least a year to late in sacking CL, we also got 2 different versions as to how how was appointed in first place. She was to slow in sacking Cathro, although the style of football he was trying to implement was good, as his record shows at every other club he has coached.  She then changed it around and got rid of DS to quickly. It's been reported in the media that he would have been willing to negotiate a Championship contract with the proviso that his contract reverted back to the Premiership one when we got promoted. As a result she then appointed RN as a panic and safety first, comfort appointment with no thought of his actual ability. He is a bang average coach. At each stage of this it has been Ann who has made the decision so logically she is responsible. Therefor the OP is correct .  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So what you’re saying is that Ann is crap at appointing managers? 😁🤷‍♂️

Been mistakes for sure, her biggest one relying on  CL too much and not doing more to keep Robbie first time. 

Probably why we have football guys in  now tho, and gone back to our last relatively successful manager who currently has us top and doing his job. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

53 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I watched St Johnstone rip the piss out of Hibs in the 2nd half yesterday and as much as I loved it and enjoyed it , I imagined our charlatans on that pitch. Take away the semi and the final (minus first half) performances , and I must admit I got the fear.  Frear, Halliday, Berra, Halkett against fast paced players and passing would of been slaughtered.

Someone wrote in another thread the average age of our starting eleven yesterday was 30+ and it put a chill down my spine. The money spunked on dross by Levein and his successors is criminal for what we have 

We've been playing this style of football for years, it doesn't work.  Levein tried it with Scotland, it doesn't work. Gemmill is still trying it with the U21's, it doesn't work. Mark Wotte brought the "dutch style" possession football to the SFA and coaches have followed that mantra like clones, players have it hammered into them, it doesn't work in Scottish football.

As we have found out, any half decent teams who are prepared to let us play this nice possession football in front of them, close the space and then hit us at pace cause very real problems.  I've seen it with Scotland, I see it every week with Hearts.

Stendel saw this, and was in the process of changing it, but Budge shat it and we went back to it with RN.

Edited by Chuck Berry

21 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not acceptable 😄 you're not the first.    I mean, there's even a thread with his name.   

Your right!...apologies, laziness on my part......Boyce.....sorted!

28 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You are correct but it is the job of the coaching staff to make sure that desire is instilled in the players. I hate having to mention him but Lennon done exactly that at Hibs and now he is gone they are falling back into their old ways as is shown in every big game they have played this season. It can be done, but if a certain player still doesn't respond, get rid. Logic dictates we cannot still have an almost entire squad that couldn't care less considering RN has signed around 7 of them.  

To be back in the championship with the amount of money we are spending on this squad is embarrassing.  

It’s not entirely her fault but budge has overseen this, it takes some level of incompetence to get a club like Hearts with the wages we are spending to underachieve like we have. 

Millions of pounds of fan money spunked up the wall on overpaid, old, injury prone players and shit managers for what?  Back into the championship and a couple cup finals? 

Just makes me cringe thinking about how bad we have been mismanaged, it takes some doing to be this bad.