Budge is the problem

i8hibsh

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

And I bet Liverpool or their fans won’t deem it as acceptable.  Unlike what Hearts and some fans have been doing for years, and that is why we were bottom, when last season was cancelled.  

Totally agree with what you put here......

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Hashimoto

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nor this squad. We are miles of the pace, as shown by last season as much as this season.

We need a regime and a coach with the bollocks to look at someone like Berra and say ‘cheerio’ before he becomes a massive liability.

I mean, the way the club accepted Berra’s dissent towards Stendel was a disgrace - but it also tells you everything about the way in which Budge sees no evil when it comes to her comfort blankets.

👌👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

williamgerrard

We should be looking for a manger the same calibre is George burley. We as a club are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with so much potential yet we are under achieving massively and some of our fans are happy for us to be mediocre.I personally want to see us challenging for league titles every season and that aint impossible just need a owner who shares my views and many other fans view.We need to get our act together time for Ann budge to go thanks for saving us we all appreciate that but now is the time we start to become the club we can be anyone  who doesnt agree with this well your not a hearts fan 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So not a manager that finished 3rd on promotion and had us about 2nd/3rd the season after?

Who is this all conquering manager who will have us higher than that and winning cups like it's the 50's?

In truth......No, not for me Neilson......This time around has shown me more than enough to doubt his ability....Just need to see the lack of motivation, one dimensional.....in a nutshell....boring brand of football being dished up!

Who is the manager to take us forward......I seriously don't know.....Certainly not Neilson....What an underwhelming, uninspired, dare I say easy option Budge took......

Maybe the next owner/CEO whatever might show a bit more ambition.... 

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

We should be looking for a manger the same calibre is George burley. We as a club are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with so much potential yet we are under achieving massively and some of our fans are happy for us to be mediocre.I personally want to see us challenging for league titles every season and that aint impossible just need a owner who shares my views and many other fans view.We need to get our act together time for Ann budge to go thanks for saving us we all appreciate that but now is the time we start to become the club we can be anyone  who doesnt agree with this well your not a hearts fan 

If Robbie was to go at the end of the season who would you want to replace him?

Please provide sensible, realistic options. 

williamgerrard
Just now, Bad Religion said:

someone who wont accept mediocre performances and some one with a proven track record .Currently our set up is jobs for the boys what does lee mculluch bring to us and many others we need to think bigger and re the manager not sure who thats why im only a fan not the owner .End of the day we all want to see us in the top 3 challenging for titles  but we have serious issues from owner down to football dept  

Ex member of the SaS

I get the impression Ann is more about diversity than our core purpose of being a football club. We have spent far too much on other issue when the first team should have been priority.  For example: It's great having a new stand and while I know we had to do something, as the old stand was failing, did we have to go so far with the new one? Also spent too much on the woman's team and community projects. 

Even during this difficult time we have the funds ( if used correctly ) to fund a top manager and get top players. OK I am not suggesting a Mourinho type manager but surely there are some great managers out there for the right money.

8 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

someone who wont accept mediocre performances and some one with a proven track record .Currently our set up is jobs for the boys what does lee mculluch bring to us and many others we need to think bigger and re the manager not sure who thats why im only a fan not the owner .End of the day we all want to see us in the top 3 challenging for titles  but we have serious issues from owner down to football dept  

So you can’t provide a couple of names?

5 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

As far as managers go...there is a market out there for budding, new managers, experienced managers...plenty of managers out there who would jump at the chance to join Hearts.

Didn't Budge herself say in the documentary horror show that there were 70+? applicants for the job?

This is why the reappointment of Neilson hacked me off.....We knew what we were getting. And recently nothing has shown me that anything had changed.

Lazy, lazy appointment from Budge......IMO the only worse thing she could have done was bring back Levein.....

williamgerrard
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

can u provide any names ? 

2 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

It's budge's fault, it's levein's fault, it's nanny's fault. Aye, blame everyone except the team. Despite being shite we still had more than enough chances to win that game. On a different day we win 4 or 5-3. So bored of this rhetoric peddled by the same people all the time. Grow up. grow a set. We do not have the right to win every week even in this tin pot league. Some people on here need to feck off and support Ceptic cos that's where these attitudes belong.

No one said we had a right to win every week  - which seems to be the "go to" response after yet another pathetic performance in the league. 

"On a different day we win 4 or 5-3" - do we, really ?

On a different day Raith convert that penalty - and Hearts are going to come back from that ? From 0-4 down ? 

And that wouldn't be an issue ? 

According to people like you, it's not reasonable to expect a  team that can be motivated to give a shit for the whole 90 minutes and not literally lose the game before they start to look interested. 

"feck off and support Ceptic"... good idea.

7 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

can u provide any names ? 

You said we should be appointing managers of the same calibre as George Burley. Just thought you’d be able to name a couple. 

williamgerrard

You said we should be appointing managers of the same calibre as George Burley. Just thought you’d be able to name a couple. 

seen as your trying to get smart with me can you name any managers if not give it a rest 

Just now, williamgerrard said:

seen as your trying to get smart with me can you name any managers if not give it a rest 

Mangers of Burleys calibre? No I can’t. I didn’t however advocate that that’s the level of manger we should be appointing. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

In truth......No, not for me Neilson......This time around has shown me more than enough to doubt his ability....Just need to see the lack of motivation, one dimensional.....in a nutshell....boring brand of football being dished up!

Who is the manager to take us forward......I seriously don't know.....Certainly not Neilson....What an underwhelming, uninspired, dare I say easy option Budge took......

Maybe the next owner/CEO whatever might show a bit more ambition.... 

So if that was the record of another manager  you'd be OK with it, just not Robbie. 

Sounds personal to me. 

Strange. 

williamgerrard

Mangers of Burleys calibre? No I can’t. I didn’t however advocate that that’s the level of manger we should be appointing. 

Mate  i think your now trying to take the mick so no replying to your comments anymore as you cant even answer your own question .not so much off a smart ar*se are you now if all you want to do is get wide jog on  

31 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Agree entirely. You get what you pay for in a coach and whilst the initial outlay may seem above our norm, in the long run we benefit massively. Better coaching means better performances. Better performances means better results and more entertaining. That leads to bigger crowds and bigger hospitality revue. You also get better coaching of our youngsters. As Ann is a business woman its surprising she does not speculate to accumulate. Also far to many just seem to accept the mediocre, hence that is exactly what we are.

Mate  i think your now trying to take the mick so no replying to your comments anymore as you cant even answer your own question .not so much off a smart ar*se are you now if all you want to do is get wide jog on  

I asked a simple question in response to one of your posts. You can’t answer it. 

williamgerrard

I asked a simple question in response to one of your posts. You can’t answer it. 

ok then i think we should appoint you seen as you know everything then again maybe not just another keyboard warrior and if you read my statement i never said any manager your just trying be a wee Fa**Y on here towards me now jog on yousi

ok then i think we should appoint you seen as you know everything then again maybe not just another keyboard warrior and if you read my statement i never said any manager your just trying be a wee Fa**Y on here towards me now jog on yousi

Jesus Christ. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

So if that was the record of another manager  you'd be OK with it, just not Robbie. 

Sounds personal to me. 

Strange. 

You're missing the point....."personal, strange".......not in the least....I don't know Neilson outside of his role with Hearts. 

What's this magical record you keep conjuring up, beating a drum about??????????

Like many others I was delighted when he ran down the road to Milton Keynes.....The football was crap....

Let me say that again for you, and let it sink in......THE FOOTBALL ON SHOW WAS CRAP!

Any new manager gets a clean bill of health, an opportunity to show what he can do.....they get the opportunity to put their stamp on the player side of thing...devise tactics..all the usual stuff.

The disappointing thing for me and many others is that we had an opportunity to break the shackles from the Levein/Neilson era. We had the opportunity to start afresh, albeit in the championship. We had the opportunity to start building for the future.

Budge took none of these opportunities with her appointment of Neilson.

Finally, I'm not out to get you to change your opinion on Neilson...I'm sure your opinion is not strange, nor personal either.
Just accept the fact that we have people on here that have a different version of events than you!

27 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

This idea that you can’t criticise a manger or say he is not good enough, unless you provide specific alternatives is ludicrous.  

FWIW, I am not sure replacing Neilson now will make a huge difference.  We still should be good enough to get promoted, but he should not have been appointed in the first place.   

The Mercer Takeover
46 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

That is the sort of rediculous argument that kept Levein in a job 18 months longer than he should have been.

The world is awash with would be Hearts managers.

We can all see how poor we have been on the pitch recently, it isn't good enough.

Gut feeling suggests Budge will not make the same mistake twice and when supporters clamour for change, she will act quickly this time.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

You're missing the point....."personal, strange".......not in the least....I don't know Neilson outside of his role with Hearts. 

What's this magical record you keep conjuring up, beating a drum about??????????

Like many others I was delighted when he ran down the road to Milton Keynes.....The football was crap....

Let me say that again for you, and let it sink in......THE FOOTBALL ON SHOW WAS CRAP!

Any new manager gets a clean bill of health, an opportunity to show what he can do.....they get the opportunity to put their stamp on the player side of thing...devise tactics..all the usual stuff.

The disappointing thing for me and many others is that we had an opportunity to break the shackles from the Levein/Neilson era. We had the opportunity to start afresh, albeit in the championship. We had the opportunity to start building for the future.

Budge took none of these opportunities with her appointment of Neilson.

Finally, I'm not out to get you to change your opinion on Neilson...I'm sure your opinion is not strange, nor personal either.
Just accept the fact that we have people on here that have a different version of events than you!

So any new manager, apart from Robbie gets a clean bill of health. 

Robbies league record with us

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd 

Currently first. 

If you can't get behind him the problem is yours imo. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

This idea that you can’t criticise a manger or say he is not good enough, unless you provide specific alternatives is ludicrous.  

FWIW, I am not sure replacing Neilson now will make a huge difference.  We still should be good enough to get promoted, but he should not have been appointed in the first place.   

I forget the looneys get free reign on Ann Budge bashing threads. 

williamgerrard

I personally would give robbie this season and first quarter of next season if we continue to be mediocre its bye bye 

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

That is the sort of rediculous argument that kept Levein in a job 18 months longer than he should have been.

The world is awash with would be Hearts managers.

We can all see how poor we have been on the pitch recently, it isn't good enough.

Gut feeling suggests Budge will not make the same mistake twice and when supporters clamour for change, she will act quickly this time.

I agree and haven’t argued otherwise. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't think Jesus Holds a UEFA A Licence unfortunately.

Knows a thing or two about crosses though. Might help the wingers :whistling:

How have the club addressed the concerns and issues raised by posters like I8 and Dusk? I mean surely they've taken these concerns to the club? Right? 

Little point in making faceless complaints on a forum if your not going to take it further. 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So any new manager, apart from Robbie gets a clean bill of health. 

Robbies league record with us

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd 

Currently first. 

If you can't get behind him the problem is yours imo. 

It's difficult to argue with the Robbie's league record.

I think the gig is a bit different this time out - Robbie started with a blank canvas - he could release players he didn't want and none of them would have been on big contracts.

This time you have to get players out before you can bring in and too many have a long injury history to deter other clubs and as a result it takes longer to shape a squad.

We've just shipped Lee out and I think we need a player with a bit more energy at CM than the options we have fully fit - I think there will be another one in before the window closes I think we'll just have to see what happens.

I do think Robbie was the right appointment however.

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So anytime the last 5 years?

Never heard much after the cup semi final,or after we put six past scumdee for example 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

How have the club addressed the concerns and issues raised by posters like I8 and Dusk? I mean surely they've taken these concerns to the club? Right? 

Little point in making faceless complaints on a forum if your not going to take it further. 

:rofl:

straight out of the deflection handbook

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Threads like this will get the internet shut down. 

The problem was Levein,  the malaise has never been quite rectified. Not really close. 

However in a season with little soul or motivation most teams are going to suffer down days. It's all over if you bother to look at each League. 

Lack of a challenge is actually a very real problem building momentum. 

October and December were very good months and there is a simple reason why. 

Both of these months had something to build to.

I am not concerned in the slightest. I firmly believe when required the goods will be delivered. 

More worrying in truth,  the access to a keyboard.

The contradiction in what is written and believed true,  through rage, entitlement and basic ignorance is nothing new,  but somehow we seem to manage to take it to new levels each week. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Deflection of what? I'm merely trying to ascertain how the club have approached your concerns? 

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Hate saying this but thats exactly whats missing, 

We all know that this is what is missing, only problem is Neilson's failure to articulate this to the team.....or maybe he just doesn't see it.

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think he is saying you can only post in here if you can prove you have officially complained.   Screenshots of emails?  I think that's what he wants. 

No posting about politics in the shed unless you've written to your mp. 

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Deflection of what? I'm merely trying to ascertain how the club have approached your concerns? 

Fans were protesting on the plaza and they still kept levein in a job.  Does writing to the club make a difference? 

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Fans were protesting on the plaza and they still kept levein in a job.  Does writing to the club make a difference? 

I really don't know as I haven't done so!

Does moaning on here day after day thread after thread make any difference? Clearly it doesn't. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I think he is saying you can only post in here if you can prove you have officially complained.   Screenshots of emails?  I think that's what he wants. 

No posting about politics in the shed unless you've written to your mp. 

No criticism of players unless you’ve personally accosted them at the team bus

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Threads like this will get the internet shut down. 

The problem was Levein,  the malaise has never been quite rectified. Not really close. 

However in a season with little soul or motivation most teams are going to suffer down days. It's all over if you bother to look at each League. 

Lack of a challenge is actually a very real problem building momentum. 

October and December were very good months and there is a simple reason why. 

Both of these months had something to build to.

I am not concerned in the slightest. I firmly believe when required the goods will be delivered. 

More worrying in truth,  the access to a keyboard.

The contradiction in what is written and believed true,  through rage, entitlement and basic ignorance is nothing new,  but somehow we seem to manage to take it to new levels each week. 

and there lies the problem, producing the goods when we feel like it,that kind of apathetic mindset is prevalent throughout the club .

Just now, jambogemz said:

I really don't know as I haven't done so!

Does moaning on here day after day thread after thread make any difference? Clearly it doesn't. 

Is moaning on here supposed to?   It's a message board where strangers discuss things about the club.   You only wanting positive stuff unless you've tried to change things?  No discussing things fir the sake of it?   It will be the same thing every day as it's for discussing our club.  

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It's difficult to argue with the Robbie's league record.

I think the gig is a bit different this time out - Robbie started with a blank canvas - he could release players he didn't want and none of them would have been on big contracts.

This time you have to get players out before you can bring in and too many have a long injury history to deter other clubs and as a result it takes longer to shape a squad.

We've just shipped Lee out and I think we need a player with a bit more energy at CM than the options we have fully fit - I think there will be another one in before the window closes I think we'll just have to see what happens.

I do think Robbie was the right appointment however.

Yip, 100%

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No criticism of players unless you’ve personally accosted them at the team bus

Managers not moaning about refs as they haven't refereed at that level.  

When they stop that, people who haven't played/managed at that level will stop commenting.

They can't have it both ways...

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I've no doubt promotion will be secured, just not the procession many predicted.

I said we'd be at least 15 clear of second place, I may revise that to 12-15 points clear. 

Still think we'll get around 65 points with second place no more than around 50 points. 

Is that a procession? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I said we'd be at least 15 clear of second place, I may revise that to 12-15 points clear. 

Still think we'll get around 65 points with second place no more than around 50 points. 

Is that a procession? 

I think 12-15 also, not quite a procession. I just don't see any of the rest putting together a run to put serious pressure on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I think 12-15 also, not quite a procession. I just don't see any of the rest putting together a run to put serious pressure on.

The league is terrible so we can’t fail to win it. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Harry Redknapp

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The league is terrible so we can’t fail to win it. 

Yep. Raith, Dundee and Dunfy are way too inconsistent, the rest are pure fodder.