Budge is the problem

i8hibsh

It's budge's fault, it's levein's fault, it's nanny's fault. Aye, blame everyone except the team. Despite being shite we still had more than enough chances to win that game. On a different day we win 4 or 5-3. So bored of this rhetoric peddled by the same people all the time. Grow up. grow a set. We do not have the right to win every week even in this tin pot league. Some people on here need to feck off and support Ceptic cos that's where these attitudes belong.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Hashimoto

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Plus Ann like to meddle in everything. That was even her own words during interviews. It will be problem for some people. 

Surely it's changed since then.   Its the f'ing players fault.    The manager is now under pressure on Tuesday.   

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Do you see any issues with the motivation and application of the players? In Neilsons first term was this questioned as much?

Nah, no issue with motivation. 

We've responded well several times when going behind and responded well to a defeat, something we'll need to  see in the next two games. 

Our start is too slow, that is for sure. We need to sort that, imo be more direct. 

We also seem to create far more in the second half, but for me the biggest problem is the defence. 

We should be able to have a game at 0-0 and then score later on, but it seems if we don't score first and win comfortably we concede too easily and too much. 

Yesterday, every player had a mare defensively yet we created far more than Raith but giving away 3 goals is just too much. 

I wonder If the team thinks it has to win every game early and by a big score ( like many fans do) and that leaves us open at the back. 

IMO we need to take a step back, if we don't score early, then do the basics, don't concede and we'll clearly create chances, more than enough to win games - only if we don't ship 2 or 3 goals before Ofc. 

It might not make fans happy winning games 1/2-0 but you can't win every game in the first half or score lots of goals. 

53 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I love your optimism my primate friend.

If I can predict Tuesday it would be something like.......We'll bring Robert's back in.....Why not White as well.......Stick Naismith and Boyle on the bench......No, sorry....I'll be serious here.

What you will see is the same boring 'side to side" midfield passing.....no pace (can't suddenly invent pace in this team)......slow, methodical build up's.....Generally a real lack of urgency....malaise through the team....and Neilson doing lots of arm waving

Tell me where you have seen that scenario before?

If Ginnelly starts he may provide that urgency. Hopefully GMS steps up too.

don’t disagree with the poor play and poor starts. 

I’d still take a boring league winning campaign, but we’d need to strengthen for next season. 

a tight defence and yesterday we win 2-0

11 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

It's budge's fault, it's levein's fault, it's nanny's fault. Aye, blame everyone except the team. Despite being shite we still had more than enough chances to win that game. On a different day we win 4 or 5-3. So bored of this rhetoric peddled by the same people all the time. Grow up. grow a set. We do not have the right to win every week even in this tin pot league. Some people on here need to feck off and support Ceptic cos that's where these attitudes belong.

We have a right not to be in this division.  Utter losers running this club, it’s a disgrace that we have been mismanaged so badly that we are in a part time division with the cash we have spunked.  

The ownership of this club have let us down badly and are doing a shit job.  Clubs like livi, Kilmarnock etc are doing a better job than us with a tiny fraction of the budget we have.  That’s all down to the way we are ran by the losers making the shit decisions at the club. 

57 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I love your optimism my primate friend.

If I can predict Tuesday it would be something like.......We'll bring Robert's back in.....Why not White as well.......Stick Naismith and Boyle on the bench......No, sorry....I'll be serious here.

What you will see is the same boring 'side to side" midfield passing.....no pace (can't suddenly invent pace in this team)......slow, methodical build up's.....Generally a real lack of urgency....malaise through the team....and Neilson doing lots of arm waving

Tell me where you have seen that scenario before?

Most would agree that the team minus Frear/Ginelly was about the strongest we could field, and then what? 0-3 down at home.

I bet you the possession stats were great though:phface:

Side to side football across the back, no movement to get free ahead (Irving excepted), and Raith cutting us to ribbons every time they came forward with fast sharp passing.

Where have we seen this before?

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

We have a right not to be in this division.  Utter losers running this club, it’s a disgrace that we have been mismanaged so badly that we are in a part time division with the cash we have spunked.  

The ownership of this club have let us down badly and are doing a shit job.  Clubs like livi, Kilmarnock etc are doing a better job than us with a tiny fraction of the budget we have.  That’s all down to the way we are ran by the losers making the shit decisions at the club. 

But is that the reason for yesterdays defeat? Which is the main reason for this thread. Need to stop looking backwards and start looking forward. 

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

One prerogative for this season. Get promoted.

A very difficult thing to achieve 1st time round which has been proved with factual evidence time and time again.

So, how are we doing, oh look......top of the league with all criteria being fulfilled.

A wee added bonus is losing every now and again just to give the space cadets something to howl at the moon about. 

Remember how embarrassing it was for the club last time we were top of the league and sacked a manager. 

It is absolutely not our right or privilege to be promoted this season. We have to earn that

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Budge has created a loser mentality at the club and I am afraid that is simply undeniable and a fact.

No ambition, no professionalism and no accountability. The bad outweighs the good in terms of what she has done for the club. Has to go when the takeover happens.

If you watched the documentary then it was clear to see that it was jobs for the girls in the offices. Full of lawyers and accountants, get some football people in for **** sake. Asking the finance director who she thinks the next manager should be ffs. Whole board have to go.

If indeed there is a loser mentality then you dont get to two Scottish cup finals on the trot. Despite the debate of the calibre of the championship you dont sit at the top of the league you sit at the bottom.

Players play football, no one else.

You can argue that a manager should do this, tactics that etc etc etc.

At the end of the day it comes down to players. There are times when these players have failed to produce, they have failed to produce because they themselves have not been upto it. 

I accept many will disagree with me and that is your perogative.

Now I didnt play full time professional, but was involved at semi professional level.

I know I can only speak for myself, but whenever I personally had a bad game, I never blamed the manager, tactics etc, I blamed myself as it was me playing and no-one else. 

Now I know that goes against the modern trend, as nowadays we live in a blame culture as in everyone is to blame apart from the individual themself.

The players themselves really have to have a long hard look at themselves individually and individually they have to pull their socks up and start delivering every game and not the one they think count more than others, because in professional sport, regardless of the competition all the games count the same and that same is to win them all.

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Burnley beat one of the best teams in the world midweek, that's football. 

And I bet Liverpool or their fans won’t deem it as acceptable.  Unlike what Hearts and some fans have been doing for years, and that is why we were bottom, when last season was cancelled.  

Breaking h1b5

She can go and the sooner the better along with her love child manager. Since the championship last time we've only done one thing consistantly, and that's going backwards. She's made far too many wrong footballing decisions and she's been found out all to the demise of the club. She's put in another million?? So ****ing what!? Where will that get wasted and how much interest will she get. No respect for the fans too. FOH grow a pair and get her out!! 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

So a new / different manager, and new players. Did you expect the club to sign 11 new 1st team players?

only a spoilt child or a supporter of one of the ugly sisters expects to win every single game.

I’m as annoyed as anyone we lost and played badly for 70 minutes, but we’re still top of the league. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

For the record I don't expect to win every game and never once in my life have I said so.  With the players we have and being at home I expected to beat Raith ****ing Rovers.  We are beating the proper diddies in this league but are coming up short versuse those around us.  We are failing miserably on the field under Budge and there is not one valid argument to be heard from the defence.

"Missing our usual spark" what planet is our manager on? Barring the dundee home game ,we've never had one.total slaver.check my old posts with his first tenure.left when second in the premier  but still eye bleeding football.

48 minutes ago, David Black said:

Let's separate the business department from the football department as the starting point. On the business side Ann has done a terrific job, including our magnificent new stand. On the football side she has been a disaster, therefor she is the problem. Many argue she has backed each manager to the hilt which she has, but the real issue here is that she is the one who has appointed that manager in the first place and she has made a pigs ear of it. She was at least a year to late in sacking CL, we also got 2 different versions as to how how was appointed in first place. She was to slow in sacking Cathro, although the style of football he was trying to implement was good, as his record shows at every other club he has coached.  She then changed it around and got rid of DS to quickly. It's been reported in the media that he would have been willing to negotiate a Championship contract with the proviso that his contract reverted back to the Premiership one when we got promoted. As a result she then appointed RN as a panic and safety first, comfort appointment with no thought of his actual ability. He is a bang average coach. At each stage of this it has been Ann who has made the decision so logically she is responsible. Therefor the OP is correct .  

You argue on the one hand she is too slow to sack a manager then she is too quick. You say too slow to sack Cathro but believe he was possibly getting there?  Stendel took us to the bottom of the League, effectively getting us relegated/ejected. You say she was wrong to appoint Robbie. What is virtually the only objective for this Season? Get promoted. Robbie has managed at Hearts, has promoted us from the Championship. He got a team promoted from the Championship last year. 
Was retaining Stendel a more likely way of meeting our objective of promoting than Robbie. You blame Ann for making that call?  
hindsight is a wonderful thing to demonstrate the person making the choice is wrong and you are right. 

12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

We have no "right, prerogative, or any sense of entitlement" to be in higher division regardless of how we feel we have been treated by the Football Authorities.

We are where we are and we have to prove to everyone that we are worthy of promotion to the top table by being better than every club in our league and to the powers that be. That is all we can do.

Our club is being run badly by our current owner and this is why we are in the ridiculous position we find ourselves in.  

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If indeed there is a loser mentality then you dont get to two Scottish cup finals on the trot. Despite the debate of the calibre of the championship you dont sit at the top of the league you sit at the bottom.

Players play football, no one else.

You can argue that a manager should do this, tactics that etc etc etc.

At the end of the day it comes down to players. There are times when these players have failed to produce, they have failed to produce because they themselves have not been upto it. 

I accept many will disagree with me and that is your perogative.

Now I didnt play full time professional, but was involved at semi professional level.

I know I can only speak for myself, but whenever I personally had a bad game, I never blamed the manager, tactics etc, I blamed myself as it was me playing and no-one else. 

Now I know that goes against the modern trend, as nowadays we live in a blame culture as in everyone is to blame apart from the individual themself.

The players themselves really have to have a long hard look at themselves individually and individually they have to pull their socks up and start delivering every game and not the one they think count more than others, because in professional sport, regardless of the competition all the games count the same and that same is to win them all.

Good Post. 

The blame culture is bigger than football tho, it pisses me off in general. 

The football side has been revamped, Budge has little to do with it now. 

I thought we'd lose 3/4 games this season and win at least 20.

I still think we'll win at least 20, but might lose 5/6.

Raith at home was a unexpected loss. 

We need to sort out our defence as a team we were poor yesterday, and exposed too easily. The players made mistakes to complete the defensive shit show. 

We created enough and scoring 2 at home v Raith should be enough to win anyway all being normal. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

People are blaming the team, Einstein. They’re also clever enough to be able to see the bigger picture too.

You’re part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

You argue on the one hand she is too slow to sack a manager then she is too quick. You say too slow to sack Cathro but believe he was possibly getting there?  Stendel took us to the bottom of the League, effectively getting us relegated/ejected. You say she was wrong to appoint Robbie. What is virtually the only objective for this Season? Get promoted. Robbie has managed at Hearts, has promoted us from the Championship. He got a team promoted from the Championship last year. 
Was retaining Stendel a more likely way of meeting our objective of promoting than Robbie. You blame Ann for making that call?  
hindsight is a wonderful thing to demonstrate the person making the choice is wrong and you are right. 

The point I am making is that she has never got the timing right. She has either acted to slowly or to quickly. On that score the OP is correct. She makes the decisions and has to stand or fall by those decisions. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

For the record I don't expect to win every game and never once in my life have I said so.  With the players we have and being at home I expected to beat Raith ****ing Rovers.  We are beating the proper diddies in this league but are coming up short versuse those around us.  We are failing miserably on the field under Budge and there is not one valid argument to be heard from the defence.

There was a over a £2.5m financial gap to be plugged in last seasons accounts, will be the same or bigger again this season. 

There is your argument from the defence if nothing else. 

We aren't failing miserably atm Either, we are top of the league and on for promotion. That is not a failure for this season, unless you demand we win every game, which you said you don't. 

In fact, your post is a load of shite, makes no sense. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

People are blaming the team, Einstein. They’re also clever enough to be able to see the bigger picture too.

You’re part of the problem.

Am I? Cos I am a decision maker at the club? Cos I am a coach or manager or player at the club? I am a fan with an opinion. We have no say in how our club is run Einstein.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

They better get to grips with this. It seems so blindingly obvious to us:

1/ you are not that great

2/ teams want your scalp

3/ you don't have the greatest of coach

4/ refs are totally unreliable

Now, I don't expect Ann Budge to. be responsible for player motivation or self awareness. That is Neilson's job but the players, too. If we do not see an improvement from what has been evident for weeks, then more serious questions must be asked.

Neilson will likely get the job done but he has much to prove if the club's potential is seen in the context of his ability

The 2 results against Dundee and Dumfermline should have been enough to get the players motivated , obviously it did not, we start games at such a slow pace, most annoying.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There was a over a £2.5m financial gap to be plugged in last seasons accounts, will be the same or bigger again this season. 

There is your argument from the defence if nothing else. 

We aren't failing miserably atm Either, we are top of the league and on for promotion. That is not a failure for this season, unless you demand we win every game, which you said you don't. 

In fact, your post is a load of shite, makes no sense. 

You know we are in the Championship yeah?

You know all other teams have 'financial gaps' to plug yeah?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Am I? Cos I am a decision maker at the club? Cos I am a coach or manager or player at the club? I am a fan with an opinion. We have no say in how our club is run Einstein.

You roll over and accept our woeful performance, while telling people who are unhappy to “feck off and support Celtic”. No wonder Budge thinks she can treat our fanbase with total disregard.

46 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Surely it's changed since then.   Its the f'ing players fault.    The manager is now under pressure on Tuesday.   

Unfortunately, Neilson will be under no pressure whatsoever on Tuesday night, certainly not from the person who head hunted him.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You know we are in the Championship yeah?

You know all other teams have 'financial gaps' to plug yeah?

I do. 

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

The point I am making is that she has never got the timing right. She has either acted to slowly or to quickly. On that score the OP is correct. She makes the decisions and has to stand or fall by those decisions. 

So Stendel. Manager to get us out of the Championship or Robbie, based on fact, not hindsight (although hindsight has us top of league)? What call should a Chairman of a multimillion pound business have made where getting it wrong would cost millions. Manager who got us to the bottom of the League or twice promoted from Championship?  Should she now sack Robbie top of the League, As per Romanov?  
instead of hindsight calls, share with us if you believe stick with Stendel was correct call? Or should she have ponied up and got us Klopp? 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

So what you’re saying is that Ann is crap at appointing managers? 😁🤷‍♂️

No I think he's calling you man babies out for not being happy about anything and being desperate for anybody who's in charge to fail.

He's right as well.

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No I think he's calling you man babies out for not being happy about anything and being desperate for anybody who's in charge to fail.

He's right as well.

But Inverness beat Celtic 😂

been here before
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why not just act like a wee Princess and stop going to game and you could stop giving the wicked witch all your pretty pink Princess crystals until she goes away.

Ah hold on a minute, thats what your doing isnt it.

Damn, foxed again.

Edited by been here before

Ann should have Robbie hauled into the office and giving him a bollocking for the performance, that this won't be accepted. Its happening far too often so there must not be any pressure from those above. Probably all sit round having some tea talking pish about the weather.

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He's right as well.

We'll they've certainly obliged on that score past few years

7 minutes ago, Sid said:

So Stendel. Manager to get us out of the Championship or Robbie, based on fact, not hindsight (although hindsight has us top of league)? What call should a Chairman of a multimillion pound business have made where getting it wrong would cost millions. Manager who got us to the bottom of the League or twice promoted from Championship?  Should she now sack Robbie top of the League, As per Romanov?  
instead of hindsight calls, share with us if you believe stick with Stendel was correct call? Or should she have ponied up and got us Klopp? 

Unless you have not noticed she has got it wrong by taking fa to long to sack CL, that wrong decision cost us millions. FOH contributions £11 million + benefactor contributions £9+ million yet we are back where we started. So yes poor decision making has cost us millions. Does she sack RN at this moment, no, but if things start to get worse then she has to. In my opinion she should have stuck with Stendel. What he inherited was an utter shambles, the players confidence was shot to pieces and the players were glad to see the back of CL. Stendel, unlike RN did not have the luxury of an extended close season to build and re-organise as he took charge just before the hectic festive period. As for Klopp,I'll not even answer that. 

38 minutes ago, Sid said:

So on that premise do we dump Neilson after he gets us back into the Premiership?....after all job done!

As you say, he has a record for getting teams out of the Championship......That seems to be what his resume (CV) is all about,
Hearts then recruit a real manager for the Premiership....Firefighting Neilson can then leave to do his stuff at Ross County, Hamilton....whoever.

Bottom line.....Did we really need "expert" Neilson to get us out of this league?

The problem is , Naismith, Walker, Berra,Halkett and the rest of the gutless losers.Some of them have seen off 4 managers for god sake.

When you add in Kingsley and Smith defending like 14 year olds yesterday,  Naismith and Walker  missing chances an amateur footballer would bury what chance does Robbie have .

He better pull a few rabbits out the hat or these waisters will make him number 5.

That yesterday was one of a lomg list of embarrassing performances from the usual suspects. 

I actually hate the sight of Naismith, Walker and Halkett now, thats how bad its becone,3 of the biggest jokers youre likely to see in Scottish football.

I'm enjoying this thread so keep posting.You obviously know which side you are on and are never going to agree with each other but it is what makes football great.We all have an opinion and like some are saying it is easy in hindsight to get everything correct(in your opinion).

For what it is worth either Stendel or Neilson would win this division so it is next season when we will know if she has got it right or is wrong again.

48 minutes ago, David Black said:

She got the timing right of saving us from dying 🤷‍♂️

Can't go people blaming Budge for everything.

When she saved us she said business was her speciality not the football side hence why she brought in Levein.

We all were happy with that at the start, things went south after Robbie left which you can blame Levein for but Budge has backed every manager we have had.

My only problem was Stendal should have been nowhere near the club.

Guy was pish for us.

15 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

So on that premise do we dump Neilson after he gets us back into the Premiership?....after all job done!

As you say, he has a record for getting teams out of the Championship......That seems to be what his resume (CV) is all about,
Hearts then recruit a real manager for the Premiership....Firefighting Neilson can then leave to do his stuff at Ross County, Hamilton....whoever.

Bottom line.....Did we really need "expert" Neilson to get us out of this league?

Did we need expert Stendel to get us there? 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Who's a proper manager? 

One that has got a team to 3rd after promotion? 

Just now, Madjambo21 said:

She got the timing right of saving us from dying 🤷‍♂️

Can't go people blaming Budge for everything.

When she saved us she said business was her speciality not the football side hence why she brought in Levein.

We all were happy with that at the start, things went south after Robbie left which you can blame Levein for but Budge has backed every manager we have had.

My only problem was Stendal should have been nowhere near the club.

Guy was pish for us.

This is not a criticism of AB but there were a lot of people who put in a lot of work with FOH before AB got involved. That seems to be overlooked by many. She did of course put up the money and for that we should all be grateful. You are correct in that business is her speciality, that being the case why the hell does she get involved with football matters. I'll disagree re Stendel and leave it there. 

williamgerrard

we should be doing what teams like aberdeen do and build up a good core of a team right now we have decent team  this is our strongest team once fit .We should be looking to add better quality players to improve this team     

gordon

smith  soutar  hallket  kingsley

gms   Haring  irving   ginnelly

boyce  naisy 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who's a proper manager? 

It feels like that was someone completely different.  

Just doesn’t seem to be any spark or momentum and we look tired and unfit. 

I just can’t see Robbie achieving that this time. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who's a proper manager? 

And so it go's round and round!

Apologists for Neilson who can only look back at the Nader of his career. 2nd in the league over teams who had games in hand.

Neilson mk2 is the same as mk1 which in some way led him to leave for the dizzy footballing heights of Milton Keynes.

My concern, along with many others is that....the future does not look to bright from where I see it!

Do you honestly want to pony up to £500 to watch a Neilson led team next season? 
Unless there is a real fundamental change in the way in which he views football it doesn't look promising, and certainly doesn't fill me full of optimism. 

Wonder if Ann understands more about football now than when she started? There's no reason not to learn. 

The main aim must be the prosperity of the club on the pitch?

If the main aim is the comfort of individuals at the club then that's not right when it is played off against progress. The club's size dictates that.

Edited by Riccarton3

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nor this squad. We are miles of the pace, as shown by last season as much as this season.

We need a regime and a coach with the bollocks to look at someone like Berra and say ‘cheerio’ before he becomes a massive liability.

I mean, the way the club accepted Berra’s dissent towards Stendel was a disgrace - but it also tells you everything about the way in which Budge sees no evil when it comes to her comfort blankets.

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nor this squad. We are miles of the pace, as shown by last season as much as this season.

We need a regime and a coach with the bollocks to look at someone like Berra and say ‘cheerio’ before he becomes a massive liability.

I mean, the way the club accepted Berra’s dissent towards Stendel was a disgrace - but it also tells you everything about the way in which Budge sees no evil when it comes to her comfort blankets.

spot on 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

And so it go's round and round!

Apologists for Neilson who can only look back at the Nader of his career. 2nd in the league over teams who had games in hand.

Neilson mk2 is the same as mk1 which in some way led him to leave for the dizzy footballing heights of Milton Keynes.

My concern, along with many others is that....the future does not look to bright from where I see it!

Do you honestly want to pony up to £500 to watch a Neilson led team next season? 
Unless there is a real fundamental change in the way in which he views football it doesn't look promising, and certainly doesn't fill me full of optimism. 

So not a manager that finished 3rd on promotion and had us about 2nd/3rd the season after?

Who is this all conquering manager who will have us higher than that and winning cups like it's the 50's?

29 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

you sir are a clown.With the squad we have and the league we are in we should be winning every game .We have a decent squad but something is seriously wrong right now and it cause of happy clappers like yourself who should go and support hibs.Feck settling for runners up n etc we need to aim higher if you dont like that i suggest you take yourself to the san giro like the rest of the losers 

Available for all kids parties! Cannot disagree with some of what you have said but I cannot sit here and blame it all on Budge! I wouldn't be welcome at fester road considering I wash and use body spray. And again, how is it my fault? I am just as pissed off as any other jambo about yesterday, I just do not see what (that result) has to do with Budge. McKinlay is the chief exec now and we have seen what from him? Where is his thread?

Edited by WDJ87

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I can. 

I think he'll do better.