Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Aye, but I've listed Jamie as a midfielder! Though I think he plays not bad on plastic!

Haring is a mystery just now. Makes the bench but by doing that - cos he would be a strange change if needed - maybe restricts the option of McGill or a n other.

It’s a mystery that you think “Jamie” plays well on any surface. What are you basing this on?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

As someone already pointed out , the average age is shocking. Add to that a number of the older players legs have gone due to bad injuries. We need to give some of the youth a chance. Let's face it, they can't do any worse than our superstar cripples. At least they would get within 10 yards of their players.

His signing have been mostly older guys too. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

he has been on the bench so must be fit to a certain level.

He’s not going to get match sharpness without playing either, he would be fine against the majority of these teams when we have lots of possession. 

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He seems very reluctant to play him after his horror first half at Dundee. 

Really beginning to wonder how near fit he actually is. 

Yeah 

maybe wishful thinking haring will ever get back to the player he was. 
you’d think at that level if they are on the bench they are fit enough to play though. but with how long he was out who knows. 
he won’t get match sharpness sitting there every week that’s for sure 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a mystery that you think “Jamie” plays well on any surface. What are you basing this on?

Blind optimism?

MarkDevriesScores4

If Ginelly is fit enough for the bench, he’s fit enough to start. Having him on the bench whilst the team aimlessly horse the ball about is pointless. He’s the only penetration we have. Get him on from the start. Sick of all this “not 100% fit” garbage. Seems to be a constant excuse for hearts managers for the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wouldn't mind Kai Kennedy in our team. 

Looks good but so did Bobby Kemp when Hearts were playing St Johnstone.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Blind optimism?

Fair enough 👍🏽
I’m not blessed with that at the best of times and I’m running on empty just now. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If Ginelly is fit enough for the bench, he’s fit enough to start. Having him on the bench whilst the team aimlessly horse the ball about is pointless. He’s the only penetration we have. Get him on from the start. Sick of all this “not 100% fit” garbage. Seems to be a constant excuse for hearts managers for the last 5 years. 

Spot on, he has the type of attitude we are lacking. Guaranteed not to play on that nasty pitch. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Skinned both Smith and Kingsley yesterday. 

Gordon

——

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday/White

———-

Haring

Irving

Walker

———-

Ginnelly

Boyce

Mackay Steven

Subs

Stewart

Halliday/White

Berra/Popescu

Naismith

Henderson

Wighton

Would also try Haring as CB and Kinsgley back to FB as he did well there in the cup tie.

Pasquale for King

How do we stop this from happening again? Worrying that the manager hops Berra will be ok for the Pars. 

The ball was played wide to Kai Kennedy. The winger danced around Craig Halkett, who looked like a traumatised grandparent trying and failing to usher an unruly grandchild around the supermarket, before setting up Reghan Tumilty to make it 3-0. 

Get rid of this boring 4-2-3-1. Sick and tired of seeing the ball pumped up to a solo striker. 
Would like to see wighton or the new lad if he is signed partner Boyce up top. 

gordon

smith

halkett

berra/popescu(both bombs scares so take ye pick)

kingsley

ginnelly

haring(or mcgill)

irving

GMS

wighton 

boyce

Don’t want to see Halliday, Walker, frear near the team. Naismith come on if want to slow the game down as we don’t play with tempo when he plays. 

Want to see us play through the thirds quickly, Irving seems to be the only player who likes to play forward passes. 

but hey what do I know 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Absolutely this. 

Get him on from the start not when we are down and chasing the game. 

It's like playing with ten men with Frear anyway 😏

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Get rid of this boring 4-2-3-1. Sick and tired of seeing the ball pumped up to a solo striker. 
Would like to see wighton or the new lad if he is signed partner Boyce up top. 

gordon

smith

halkett

berra/popescu(both bombs scares so take ye pick)

kingsley

ginnelly

haring(or mcgill)

irving

GMS

wighton 

boyce

Don’t want to see Halliday, Walker, frear near the team. Naismith come on if want to slow the game down as we don’t play with tempo when he plays. 

Want to see us play through the thirds quickly, Irving seems to be the only player who likes to play forward passes. 

but hey what do I know 🤷‍♂️

Berra has a hamstring injury but the manager hopes he’s back for the Pars game ffs 🙈?!?!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Absolutely this. 

Get him on from the start not when we are down and chasing the game. 

It's like playing with ten men with Frear anyway 😏

Roberts and Wighton will be back in too. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Berra has a hamstring injury but the manager hopes he’s back for the Pars game ffs 🙈?!?!

Better yet throw in a young centre half. Least the lad would have energy and desire to play for the jersey as I worry so many players don’t have that anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How do we stop this from happening again? Worrying that the manager hops Berra will be ok for the Pars. 

The ball was played wide to Kai Kennedy. The winger danced around Craig Halkett, who looked like a traumatised grandparent trying and failing to usher an unruly grandchild around the supermarket, before setting up Reghan Tumilty to make it 3-0. 

I agree ,change  our CB’s they are often caught ball watching and are far to slow, whoever can fill in is for this is for RN to work on in the training ground that’s what good managers do .... sort out the weaknesses. 

37 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Used to sell fantastic bacon rolls in his Slateford Road shop

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

That's just not going to happen, we can't keep a clean sheet. 

Will go 1-1, another borefest. 

Another Borefest? 

The games aren't boring.

Yesterdays games wasn't boring. 

We are scoring lots and conceding lots, the exact opposite of a Borefest. 

If the players are allowed to go out and do what they do best and play to our strengths then this will be a 3 goal + victory.

If Robbie sets us up to counter our opponents then we may still win but it will be the usual insipid performance we have seen on our travels.

Someone also has to get through to the players that we play from the first whistle to the last (especially the first whistle) as that message aint getting through from Neilson.

I'd like to see us win well, they are actually capable of it. Strongest available team from the start please - out of desperation, I really think Haring at CB.

A_A wehatethehibs

Honestly I’m a supporter of Neilsons but if he’s said he “hopes Berra is back for Dunfermline” that absolutely sickens me to my stomach. I hope Berra is out for at least 10 games

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Better yet throw in a young centre half. Least the lad would have energy and desire to play for the jersey as I worry so many players don’t have that anymore. 

If we had any fit and raring to go. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, One five said:

I agree ,change  our CB’s they are often caught ball watching and are far to slow, whoever can fill in is for this is for RN to work on in the training ground that’s what good managers do .... sort out the weaknesses. 

Absolutely. 

7 hours ago, Franksluckypants said:

3:1 to go 9 points clear & us back to laughing at the wee team phoodle chat!

Can someone please tell me what ‘phoodle chat’ is? 🙄

Gordon

smith Halkett Popecu Kingsley

GMS Haring Irving Ginelly

Naismith Boyce

... get this 4-2-3-1 pish tae feck. 

A_A wehatethehibs
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we had any fit and raring to go. 

We’ve got 17 year old Arron Darge. Turns 18 in April. Time for his bench debut. 

5 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Kingsley should absolutely not be playing in CB. Give Haring and Halkett a start. I like Halkett but he's had a torrid time with CB pairings.

We don't have an Irvine in our squad (sorry but it's a real sticking point for me) but a cm 2 of Irving and McGill will get run over, all day long. 

Neither should halkett or Berra. 

should both be shown the door ASAP. 

we beat raith the last time with Kingsley and haring at centre half got papped on Saturday with the bomb scares 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We’ve got 17 year old Arron Darge. Turns 18 in April. Time for his bench debut. 

They’ve hardly played any games this season though, doesn’t look like Neilson will do it though. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve hardly played any games this season though, doesn’t look like Neilson will do it though. 

A manager that wanted to fire a shot across the bow of his Center backs would. Particularly Halkett. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A manager that wanted to fire a shot across the bow of his Center backs would. Particularly Halkett. 

Definitely. Drop him and play a three with a combo of Haring/Kingsley/Smith/Popescu and go from there. 

It's difficult to know how Raith will approach this match. Will they be more attacking because they are at home or will they stick with the tactics that worked for them yesterday. If they go the same route as yesterday then we need to change our system.  If they decide to come out a bit and try to attack more, then that actually might suit us as it will open up space for our attacking players.

Our weakness and laziness in midfield (Frear, Haliday yesterday) does not help our already suspect defence, both full-backs are having to be our main creators, we are then pulled all over the place at the back. Would have Smith or even Halkett in midfield at least they would not be hiding. Connor Smith could also be brought back

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Used to sell fantastic bacon rolls in his Slateford Road shop

I will second that. A nice bloke with a nice wife.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Agreed, far too many have spent too much time on the treatement table to ever give us a decent return on their salary these last few years.

Wonder if Walter Kidd still has boots. Rarely injured, got stuck in, didnt pee himself if someone in shed shouted at him.

41 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Our weakness and laziness in midfield (Frear, Haliday yesterday) does not help our already suspect defence, both full-backs are having to be our main creators, we are then pulled all over the place at the back. Would have Smith or even Halkett in midfield at least they would not be hiding. Connor Smith could also be brought back

I like the Connor Smith idea. Kids got pace and energy. 2 things were missing. 

Any side with a decent or even busy midfield can just stroll through ours and then they’re on top of our shite defence. We need a change of formation. 3-5-2 would be my choice but 4-2-3-1 is just not working properly. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I like the Connor Smith idea. Kids got pace and energy. 2 things were missing. 

Agree. It’s exactly what we are missing in midfield. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

If we keep a clean sheet I’ll be shocked! Shocked I tell you! 

In in all seriousness I no it sounds all doom and gloom mongerish to say but I just don’t trust this team to turn up. Maybe that’s silly. I certainly hope it is. But putting in a performance like we did at home to (with the greatest respect) a tin pot nothing club like raith has severely shaken my confidence in this lot. Hope I’m wrong and the boys turn up and absolutely murder the Kirkcaldy trash. But again I can’t see it happening! 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Any side with a decent or even busy midfield can just stroll through ours and then they’re on top of our shite defence. We need a change of formation. 3-5-2 would be my choice but 4-2-3-1 is just not working properly. 

3-5-2 would be one of the last formations I would want to see us experimenting with. At present, our two full-backs are two of our best players. Our wingers(Ginnelly and Mackay-Steven) are also a strength. If we play 3-5-2 we lose the ability to use both of those strengths at the same time. 

On top of that, if we play 3-5-2 we will end up with our two 'outer' centre backs getting dragged into wide areas a lot. So we would need centre-backs with good pace and mobility in order to play that system. The thought of Christophe Berra and/or Craig Halkett getting pulled out into wide areas on a regular basis scares the crap out of me. 

Edited by No Idle Talk