Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

I absolutely hate all the pish about Nelson. It's ridiculous.

At start of the season.. what would you set the target to be? Never lose a game? A set number of games or points dropped?

That's the real world - what has he done to deserve sacking?

Not playing excitingly? That a stackable offence? I don't think so anyway. This isn't 1980/90s. Same laws apply to managers as normal employement

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

45 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

At start of the season.. what would you set the target to be? Never lose a game? A set number of games or points dropped?

Not playing excitingly? That a stackable offence? I don't think so anyway. This isn't 1980/90s. Same laws apply to managers as normal employement

With the greatest respect we are sleep walking into the same nonsense that got us into this mess in the first place. The first 30 mins tonight after dropping points v Morton, thats Greenock Morton were an absolute disgrace 

1 hour ago, hearts151 said:

Consistently beating teams who are at a much lower level than us.

Which we aren't doing. Add to that the football we play is murder. 

This was a cakewalk of a league with our resources. We should have kept Stendel or at least hired a manager who played better football so that we could get a team together for going back up. 

Apart from Dundee (first game) and Raith (away but only because the beat us 3 days earlier) even the games we have won haven't been all that inspiring. 

Neilson has to go. Budge should go too. She brought him back despite knowing it would upset a lot of fans who remember this tepid football first time around. 

Could barely open the the Hearts website without hearing about her latest thoughts. It's noticeable that her recent blunders, including choice of manager, have kept her away from her soap box recently. 

Don't worry fans will be back in a few months and she'll be back on telling us how and how not to support the club.

It's time for another Neilson poll. Been a few years since we had one. Make it public so people have to take responsibility for their choices.

28 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

It's time for another Neilson poll. Been a few years since we had one. Make it public so people have to take responsibility for their choices.

FFS i've just looked down and seen it..

Over half our fans are happy with the product on the pitch.. Jesus wept.

We deserve to be rubbish if that's the case.

As a club we are soft as shite top to bottom.

Continual excuses for total ineptitude is the norm.

Be more of the same next season without a doubt.

Round and round we go.

I know we are well on course to win the league, well I think we are and that is the ultimate objective this season, the football is so frustrating it is hard for me to watch at times, it's not all on RN, overall the squad is poor and underperforming which RN has to take some blame for!

Same shitty tactics, week after week, he's not learned that his style of play is shit, doesn't work and is horrible to watch. It is madness and if Ann Budge can't see this then we have a Levein situation on our hands. The players are lazy and look confused as to what their roll is, Neilson has to be relieved of his duties, we've had enough.

Leveins Battalion
3 hours ago, RussAsia said:

FFS i've just looked down and seen it..

Over half our fans are happy with the product on the pitch.. Jesus wept.

We deserve to be rubbish if that's the case.

Has to be a wind up or Hibs fans voting.

I know not one Jambo who is happy 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Should be a genuine worry, the football is so bad and lacking entertainment, this season has felt like a waste of money. So many evenings wasted even with games we've won.

They’ll be counting on the fans choking to get back in and actually see live football but I’m just going to pick and. Choose my games next season if he remains 

they’ve 100% lost my season ticket money next year.

4 hours ago, RussAsia said:

This was a cakewalk of a league with our resources. We should have kept Stendel or at least hired a manager who played better football so that we could get a team together for going back up. 

Apart from Dundee (first game) and Raith (away but only because the beat us 3 days earlier) even the games we have won haven't been all that inspiring. 

Neilson has to go. Budge should go too. She brought him back despite knowing it would upset a lot of fans who remember this tepid football first time around. 

Could barely open the the Hearts website without hearing about her latest thoughts. It's noticeable that her recent blunders, including choice of manager, have kept her away from her soap box recently. 

Don't worry fans will be back in a few months and she'll be back on telling us how and how not to support the club.

Good post bud 

7 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I’d say bring in the Riccarton 3 version 2.0. 

But other than Craig Gordon, I doubt other players would bother to turn up.

The players are far too comfortable and have no incentive or pride to work harder or be better.

Edited by jambopilms

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Pay Fenlons Hibs would beat this team 🤣🤣

Yet Jack Ross's didn't... In the real live actual match played this season!!

41 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Same shitty tactics, week after week, he's not learned that his style of play is shit, doesn't work and is horrible to watch. It is madness and if Ann Budge can't see this then we have a Levein situation on our hands. The players are lazy and look confused as to what their roll is, Neilson has to be relieved of his duties, we've had enough.

Was working in Dundee yesterday and when I was leaving the two Dundee United fans said, hope you enjoy the game tonight while pissing themselves laughing. 
They said to me last year they couldn’t believe we gave them money to take Neilson cause of how bad he was and it was shanklands goals that saved him getting the sack up there 

52 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Far too sensible a post for this time of the morning. The happy clappers will be furious that you dare say anything negative about Levein, Budge and her pet.

Edited by suds66

kingantti1874

I hate the fact you can’t change your vote son these polls.

last night was the worst of the season for me.. all season, team have sat deep in a 5-4-1 or some variant of that and hit us on the break. I’ve watched / played football long enough to know that will NEVER ever look good, more often than not it will be scrappy.

however last night ICT did not do that, they came at us and not only were we largely ineffective gong forward, we looked hugely vulnerable .. 

it really was a terrible performance.  We have so many poor, old, slow, weak players or players who used to be good but now offer nothing.  Very very poor

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

So you think Neilson has earned his gold from that game alone?

The semi was over 4 months ago. And Wighton who scored has been binned :laugh:

Hardly a good game to make a case for Neilson being kept on. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Was working in Dundee yesterday and when I was leaving the two Dundee United fans said, hope you enjoy the game tonight while pissing themselves laughing. 
They said to me last year they couldn’t believe we gave them money to take Neilson cause of how bad he was and it was shanklands goals that saved him getting the sack up there 

Not a chance Budge would actually have watched any of their games though. The idea of her actually doing any due diligence before reappointing Snoreson is laughable. It will just have been ‘which one of my pets can I make manager now?’

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

How’s reconstruction going?

We genuinely are Banter FC.

If we were another top six team, as big as ourselves, going through the same shit, I'd be tuning in and having a good laugh at our plight.

Gordon Ramsay

Was actually for giving him until the end of the season but this is piss, piss poor. 

Also, when you become Hearts manager does Anne hand you a box of ready made excuses? 

Referees, pitch, injuries, competitive league, players not fit, changing rooms too cold, out of date oranges at half time. 

**** me just say we are pish and get a rocket up them. 

7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What were this week's excuses?

Can't even bring myself to look.

With the pitch, weather and referee excuses all worn out it's on to the fans now.

He obviously reads a certain happy clappers posts on here as it's our fault for expecting too much, we need to be happy accepting dire performances week-in-week-out and not go into matches thinking we can win as it's putting too much pressure on the team. What we all need to do is change our mindset to match that of Robbie Neilson and go into every game aiming not to lose and take anything more than that as a miraculous bonus where we've snatched victory from the jaws of certain defeat. The Championship is such a difficult place to place, Neilson knows that better than anyone with his glut of experience in it after all, and places like ICT, Arbroath, Dunfermline are especially difficult to visit. The man is a parody.

Can anyone tell me what style of play we employ?

Is our game plan:

Wingers hitting the byline and firing in crosses for strikers to attack?

Wide men coming inside and looking for midfielders making runs into the box & shooting?

Pressing defenders high and feeding on the scraps?

Hitting teams on the break at pace?

Total football, pass and move?

Wing backs providing overlaps and overloads with strikers tuned into it and waiting to pounce?

Route 1 to big strikers to win headers?

Sucking teams in and firing balls over the top for forwards to run on to?

As far as I can see we have no discernible game plan.

Our players seem to lack a purpose.  We just huff and puff our way through games hoping it will get us through it.

We're a shambles on and off the park.

And this is from a team who's budget is probably as much as all of the rest of the teams combined and contains half a dozen full internationals.

The manager has not got a clue.

Disgraceful.

7 hours ago, hearts151 said:

I think every supporter is entitled to be concerned about our form both home and away over the  last few weeks , especially with Dundee comimg up next week.

We are now a net 6 pts clear that could  easily become 3 next weekend. 

5 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Guaranteed she'll be back sooner rather than later preaching to us all. Usual soundbites about the best fans, bla, bla, bla! 

Some new incentive introduced, yet another promise that things will be developed and better at Tynecastle. (Notice I didn't mention the football!)

At at the end of it all she'll still want at least £500 for my season ticket.....

Well I can tell you Mrs Budge there is no danger of you getting my £500 whilst you retain the services of that imposter!
My garden shed is falling apart, £500 will go a long way to buying me something decent, and at the same time give me more enjoyment and better value for my money. 

6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Guaranteed she'll be back sooner rather than later preaching to us all. Usual soundbites about the best fans, bla, bla, bla! 

Some new incentive introduced, yet another promise that things will be developed and better at Tynecastle. (Notice I didn't mention the football!)

At at the end of it all she'll still want at least £500 for my season ticket.....

Well I can tell you Mrs Budge there is no danger of you getting my £500 whilst you retain the services of that imposter!
My garden shed is falling apart, £500 will go a long way to buying me something decent, and at the same time give me more enjoyment and better value for my money. 

It's important to remember that only the "genuine fans" are included in being the best though.

complete control
8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What were this week's excuses?

Can't even bring myself to look.

his interveiw he actually bummed himself up. said its a really hard league to win . nobody wins it easy etc  but ive done it twice .

Just now, FTH said:

It's important to remember that only the "genuine fans" are included in being the best though.

Aye, the compliant one's!

She must love them too bits, e-mails sent every birthday...etc, etc.....

On a personal level, why we must we accept mediocracy?....why do our players look so disinterested?....why does all of a sudden a guy with 50 caps to his name, and a shoe in for the euro's look so badly out of place?.....Look no further than Neilson and his anti football tactics.

There is no way on this planet that Naismith is enjoying life at Tynecastle under Neilson. Do you actually think anyone is enjoying life, even though we are currently sitting top, and remaining on course for promotion?
The body language is telling. suddenly Smith (our most consistent player for a number of seasons) is reduced to mediocracy.
FFS......Haring can't even get on the pitch.....!!!!!......
Game tactics are all over the shop.....One dimensional, outdated, anti football tactics most weeks.... 

Common denominator in all of this.......Robbie "bloody" Neilson

I live near a small airfield, a Piper Cherokee was taking off yesterday.....I was praying like hell he had a banner attached to the rear of it.....You know the rest!  

Ex member of the SaS

I have supported Robbie and voted to give him the start of next season BUT that is slowly going south. The eye bleeding football on show every week is getting everyone down. This is not about depression due to a pandemic this is real football with no style desire or skill. Can we seriously just wander along thinking the lead will see us through? Can we seriously think next season ( even with new players ) will see a change, or even staying up?

1 hour ago, kila said:

So you think Neilson has earned his gold from that game alone?

The semi was over 4 months ago. And Wighton who scored has been binned :laugh:

Hardly a good game to make a case for Neilson being kept on. 

He won the big game v Hibs and was within two spot kicks of lifting the Scottish Cup.

We are also 12 points clear a the top of the Championship.

Things may not be golden at present, but Neilson has still got plenty of credit in the bank.

35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think every supporter is entitled to be concerned about our form both home and away over the  last few weeks , especially with Dundee comimg up next week.

We are now a net 6 pts clear that could  easily become 3 next weekend. 

We are gross 12 points clear and a net value based on Dunfermline's current PPGwould give them another 3.375 points rather than 6.

At present Dunfermline are on track for 45/46 points over 27 games which suggests we need another 8 points to win the league.

Dundee's PPG is 1.42 which suggests only 5.71 points from 4 games in hand.

Over the season that puts them on track for 38/39 points over the season.  A win next would put us in 41 points with 8 games left.

Edited by David McCaig

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He won the big game v Hibs and was within two spot kicks of lifting the Scottish Cup.

We are also 12 points clear a the top of the Championship.

Things may not be golden at present, but Neilson has still got plenty of credit in the bank.

2 kicks away from winning the big cup.....

The script might have been different if he tried to play football in the first 45 minutes......No?
Hibs in the semi...anti football first 45 minutes......I'm am setting the scene? Is the picture coming though? 

Credit in the bank.....you're having a laugh......My granny could win this league, and she is a Rugby fan!

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

2 kicks away from winning the big cup.....

The script might have been different if he tried to play football in the first 45 minutes......No?
Hibs in the semi...anti football first 45 minutes......I'm am setting the scene? Is the picture coming though? 

Credit in the bank.....you're having a laugh......My granny could win this league, and she is a Rugby fan!

And yet Hibs, Dundee United and Rangers took multiple seasons.

24 minutes ago, complete control said:

his interveiw he actually bummed himself up. said its a really hard league to win . nobody wins it easy etc  but ive done it twice .

:laugh:

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And yet Hibs, Dundee United and Rangers took multiple seasons.

not really a fair comparison.

rangers took 2 seasons - because we won the first

hibs took 3 seasons - Becuase they had to wait behind us and rangers 

Dundee Utd are a small club, no bigger than Kilmarnock or motherwell.. not. Valid comparison 

ive been defending Robbie. 3 ruined weekends have forced me to change my mind. It’s not good enough 

12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This thread has been running 4 months 🤣🤣

he is going nowhere,our rivals and Hibs fans will be loving it.

Too right they will.  Enough of them voted for him to stay in the current JKB poll.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

Too right they will.  Enough of them voted for him to stay in the current JKB poll.

Restart the poll now though. I'd put good money on people having changed their minds. I have. The stubborn denial that it's not needing to change is what really grips my shit. Putting the same team out last night, after it looked so toothless last week, whilst once again leaving better players on the bench,wtf?

peebles jambo

He picked the same shite last night as he had against Morton it's defo time he should go, he's taking the piss out of us and queen Anne

3 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

He picked the same shite last night as he had against Morton it's defo time he should go, he's taking the piss out of us and queen Anne

Ann is also taking the piss out us.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not really a fair comparison.

rangers took 2 seasons - because we won the first

hibs took 3 seasons - Becuase they had to wait behind us and rangers 

Dundee Utd are a small club, no bigger than Kilmarnock or motherwell.. not. Valid comparison 

ive been defending Robbie. 3 ruined weekends have forced me to change my mind. It’s not good enough 

Rangers and Hibs had the playoffs as a back up each year

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Play like the 2nd half every week and I'm happy

The half where we had one holding midfielder and two strikers. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )