Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

5 hours ago, ford donald said:

Anybody who thinks we are playing good football,needs their head or eyes tested!

Or are on here to take the piss!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Teams will make us work hard. 

Teams won't simply roll over every time. 

Unsure why that shocks folk. 

We won't win every game. We are winning the league and imo will win it comfortably. 

It's not, the shock is that we seem unable to do much about it. Levein used to take us to Parkhead to sit in, work had and guess what Celtic didn't just go 'oh well, Hearts didn't let us win, so no worries'. Most of the time they just played their own game and steam rollers us, the rest of the time they adjusted and broke us down. The issue is the manager and the team do seem to think other teams will just rollover, and when they don't we just do the same thing over and over again with no success. Side to side, back to the centre half, launch it at Boyce.

He'll win the league and we should thank him for his time in achieving that, pay him up and wish him well at the end of the season imo.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We won't win every game. We are winning the league and imo will win it comfortably. 

We don't play like a team who much cares about winning, we see a squad who do enough to get by. We're getting away with because the opposition are mostly shite. We did the same in the prem and got relegated. While the actual relegation was wrong in terms of it being a vote I don't believe we'd have stayed up with that squad regardless of the manager, they simply didn't care enough about winning and neither do the board, not a lot has changed this season. Neilson is the perfect manager for this board,  he'll get us up and keep us up,  mediocrity will reign on the pitch, while we have a lovely restaurant and the bunch of underachieving wage grabbers will have the best facilities to arse around in.

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whatever that means. 

If you mean "they'll park the bus"...well, Dunf & Dundee didn't and Hearts got battered in those games. One of those teams had a MF that contained 2 loanees and a guy who was playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football last season - but they made us work hard.   And for those that do park the bus , it could hardly be easier. Just be organised and patient and the chances will come against an ageing team that simply can't sustain their game for 90 minutes. 

Jesus wept, if Hearts are struggling against pub teams in the Championship just imagine what next season will bring. 

Its true, Neilson cant manage, a manager gets his players to try, our lot just go sightseeing most of the time, we have a bunch of lazy *******s and the manager just cant get them to break sweat. that for me is bad management and he's been doing it for weeks.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Taffin said:

It's not, the shock is that we seem unable to do much about it. Levein used to take us to Parkhead to sit in, work had and guess what Celtic didn't just go 'oh well, Hearts didn't let us win, so no worries'. Most of the time they just played their own game and steam rollers us, the rest of the time they adjusted and broke us down. The issue is the manager and the team do seem to think other teams will just rollover, and when they don't we just do the same thing over and over again with no success. Side to side, back to the centre half, launch it at Boyce.

He'll win the league and we should thank him for his time in achieving that, pay him up and wish him well at the end of the season imo.

Celtic is a  good example. 

They have several times our budget yet we compete with them sometimes, especially at home. 

We just taken them to penalties in a final. 

Would you accept 5-0 defeats of them all the time?  I wouldn't. 

If not, then why can't a team like Morton or QoS do to us what we do to celtic occasionally which is beat or draw with them? 

Folk expect Hearts to give teams like rangers and Celtic a game, especially at home, but then are Shocked when a team with a similar gulf in resources does the same to us. 

WTF is that all about? 

If you expect us to win every game you’ll be disappointed, we won't.  Was never going to happen. 

We should give him the chance to replicate what he did last time for us on promotion. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We don't play like a team who much cares about winning, we see a squad who do enough to get by. We're getting away with because the opposition are mostly shite. We did the same in the prem and got relegated. While the actual relegation was wrong in terms of it being a vote I don't believe we'd have stayed up with that squad regardless of the manager, they simply didn't care enough about winning and neither do the board, not a lot has changed this season. Neilson is the perfect manager for this board,  he'll get us up and keep us up,  mediocrity will reign on the pitch, while we have a lovely restaurant and the bunch of underachieving wage grabbers will have the best facilities to arse around in.

Relegation was nothing to do with Robbie. 

Folk clearly can't separate this season's team from last seasons and Robbie from CL. 

Tragic Tbh. 

We aren't underachieving just now, we are Litterally the best team in the division. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Whatever that means. 

If you mean "they'll park the bus"...well, Dunf & Dundee didn't and Hearts got battered in those games. One of those teams had a MF that contained 2 loanees and a guy who was playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football last season - but they made us work hard.   And for those that do park the bus , it could hardly be easier. Just be organised and patient and the chances will come against an ageing team that simply can't sustain their game for 90 minutes. 

Jesus wept, if Hearts are struggling against pub teams in the Championship just imagine what next season will bring. 

Have Dundee never beaten us before, how big a shock is Dundee beating Hearts at dens Park?

Was it shite - yes, shocked - no one that knows football. 

League games are played, the league position is what counts and we won't win every game. 

We aren't struggling, We are top by a distance. 

And again, despite how many times you repeat it, it's not a pub league. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk clearly can't separate this season's team from last seasons and Robbie from CL. 

Tragic Tbh. 

We aren't underachieving just now, we are Litterally the best team in the division. 

That's what he said ! :rofl::facepalm:

We aren't underachieving just now,.... you must be watching games on Ceefax. 

Maybe just a minor point but why did he make a substitution 3 minutes from the end of regulation time.GMS should have been replaced earlier. You should only slow down and disrupt the game when you are holding on for a win. Apart from an injury problem surely it would have been better to keep the pressure and momentum on in the dying moments with the eleven we had.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Have Dundee never beaten us before, how big a shock is Dundee beating Hearts at dens Park?

Was it shite - yes, shocked - no one that knows football. 

League games are played, the league position is what counts and we won't win every game. 

We aren't struggling, We are top by a distance. 

And again, despite how many times you repeat it, it's not a pub league. 

NO ONE on here expects to win every game, no one said it, no one thinks it , not even in this pub league so drop that one FFS. And that is NOT what the debate is about - as you are well aware. 

The warning sings are there and obvious - this team and this manager are not going to cut it next season. This is an ageing squad that isn't good enough and any pub team in the Champ fancies their chances because it's that easy. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic is a  good example. 

They have several times our budget yet we compete with them sometimes, especially at home. 

We just taken them to penalties in a final. 

Would you accept 5-0 defeats of them all the time?  I wouldn't. 

If not, then why can't a team like Morton or QoS do to us what we do to celtic occasionally which is beat or draw with them? 

Folk expect Hearts to give teams like rangers and Celtic a game, especially at home, but then are Shocked when a team with a similar gulf in resources does the same to us. 

WTF is that all about? 

If you expect us to win every game you’ll be disappointed, we won't.  Was never going to happen. 

We should give him the chance to replicate what he did last time for us on promotion. 

I don't expect us to win every game  but I expect us to win the majority of games comfortably in this league. We've won the majority of games but very few comfortably.

This team and this manager will get a hiding in the league above.

Edited by Taffin

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't expect us to win every game  but I expect us to win the majority of games comfortably in this league. We've won the majority of games but very few comfortably.

So we are doing as you expected but want the guy gone before somthing happens that hasn't happened yet? 

Or do  you want the guy sacked for not winning the games he has won by more? 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

True and we will come rite back down again with  this lazy shower of wage hunters 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

NO ONE on here expects to win every game, no one said it, no one thinks it , not even in this pub league so drop that one FFS. And that is NOT what the debate is about - as you are well aware. 

The warning sings are there and obvious - this team and this manager are not going to cut it next season. This is an ageing squad that isn't good enough and any pub team in the Champ fancies their chances because it's that easy. 

If no one expects us to win every game why are folk losing their mind for not doing exactly that? 

Also if  Folk don't expect us to win every game why do they want him sacked? 

:notsure:

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tragic Tbh. 

Its the same mentality as last season. Our league position doesn't reflect how poor we've been in most games. We have enough quality to get by, play with this intensity in the prem and we'll get turned over. I don't blame Neilson it's just the apathy around the whole club and of course the lack of fans isn't helping lift that. Neilson is on a hiding to nothing he's always a couple of bad games away from the knifes coming out, that's not going to change,  the mood around the club is flat and something needs to change soon.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So we are doing as you expected but want the guy gone before somthing happens that hasn't happened yet? 

Or do  you want the guy sacked for not winning the games he has won by more? 

I want the guy sacked because we're an awful football team and have been for years, he's an extension of the utter malaise that's ruining our club. He's had one good season outside of the Scottish Championship and that was in a weakened Premier League. He's not made us better, he's signed a load of dross and he's scraping wins in a shocking league.

Would you take John Hughes as the Hearts manager?

Edited by Taffin

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's what he said ! :rofl::facepalm:

We aren't underachieving just now,.... you must be watching games on Ceefax. 

So we are underachieving..... 

How can that be, we are top and folk don't expect us to win every game? 

In what we are we underachieving, you’ll need to spell it out for me Tbh?

You seem to want Robbie sacked for being top of the league, a league you said you don't expect to win every game? 

Why do you want him sacked/ replaced? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I want the guy sacked because we're an awful football team and have been for years, he's an extension of the utter malaise that's ruining our club. He's had one good season outside of the Scottish Championship and that was in a weakened Premier League. He's not made us better, he's signed a load of dross and he's scraping wins in a shocking league.

Would you take John Hughes as the Hearts manager?

So you want the current manager sacked because we were shite before he came in?

You also don't expect us to win every game but want him sacked for scraping wins. 

I'm done. 

Doesn't make any sense. 

So you want the current manager sacked because we were shite before he came in?

You also don't expect us to win every game but want him sacked for scraping wins. 

I'm done. 

Doesn't make any sense. 

It'll make plenty sense when we are in a relegation battle next year. Not that you'll change your tune, head in the sand until it's too late as before.

So would you take John Hughes as the Hearts manager?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It'll make plenty sense when we are in a relegation battle next year. Not that you'll change your tune, head in the sand until it's too late as before.

My crystal ball says we'll be 4th next season. 

Nah, he's a hibs/ celtic slaverer. 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a sad  indictment we’ve come to this but that is the reality of it.

Fortunately Levein has left but his legacy is still here.

That’s the crux of it unfortunately mate 

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He’s caveating all his posts with ‘room for improvement’ as a get out clause for when he's proven wrong again next season. 

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I disagree, people care because he spends his time sucking up to the blue half of the bigot brothers. A lot of those who claim not to have a problem with it would have a different attitude if it was the green half he was sucking up to, let's not kid ourselves. 

I would draw the line at Hibs to be fair. 😄

I hope you're right. 

But he's finished 3rd in the top league, isn't that your sole basis for Neilson being good enough? Neilson is a Rangers slaverer...thought you hate Rangers?

Anyway, let's agree to disagree as unlike some I don't actually think you're trolling so accept that you see it differently and as I say, I really hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'd be willing to bet I'll be right though.

Ill tell you what's worse is his idea for the club is probably exactly what a club like Hearts needs, we even for the first time had the finances, a united support and the facilities to achieve it. Unfortunately he wasn't the man to actually deliver but somehow pursuaded a once ruthless, determined business woman to believe he was. Now we just have an utter shitshow of mixed ideas, overpaid footballers and a disengaged support.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I hope you're right. 

But he's finished 3rd in the top league, isn't that your sole basis for Neilson being good enough? Neilson is a Rangers slaverer...thought you hate Rangers?

Anyway, let's agree to disagree as unlike some I don't actually think you're trolling so accept that you see it differently and as I say, I really hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'd be willing to bet I'll be right though.

I don't know if RN wil be Good enough this time. 

No more so than if x manager came in Tbh. 

What I do know is he was good in the league with us last time, he has us winning this league again this time round and we  matched hibs and celtic recently under him. 

So I have hope, and if he gets us promoted he deserves the chance to get us back about where we belong - ironically where he left us last time! 

RN is a cup winner with us and spent 10 years as a player with us comparisons to  J Hughes being our manager are imo bat shit mental. 

If you're scenario plays out it means it's all went wrong and we are back too square one. I really don't want that to happen but time will tell. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

He’s caveating all his posts with ‘room for improvement’ as a get out clause for when he's proven wrong again next season. 

I'd think every club has the philosophy of improving. It's not a new thing. 

For us in particular, I want our shooting and finishing to improve, that's costing us just now imo. 

In fact it's a good motto not just in sport but in life. 

You also seem like you want Robbie and Hearts to fail just to prove you are right - very strange stance to take. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It's unbearable, the same shite football, season after season. It's almost like groundhog Day, starring Tommy McLean. It was obvious how this would turn out the moment Nielson was re-appointed.

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

For us in particular, I want our shooting and finishing to improve, that's costing us just now imo. 

You also seem like you want Robbie and Hearts to fail just to prove you are right - very strange stance to take. 

No, I do not want Hearts to fail. Although I was disappointed to see Stendel leave, I was happy to back Robbie. I like him as a person and appreciate his contribution to Hearts as a player and as a manager. 

It is clear however that he is not getting the best out of the players. I’m tired of the constant mismanagement of the first team. It’s been poor for years and this just seems like a continuation of that. We won’t progress under Robbie and that’s why I want change. I don’t see the point in giving him another transfer window and wasting another year. 

McGlynn The Money
49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

4th? Knew you were at the wind up so cheers for confirming it mate. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nobody wants them to fail. But every time Hearts do fail, posters like you make excuses. Every time.

It’s also possible to take a broader view of Neilson, which is that we’ve employed a very limited coach who we’ll be well sick of by the time he’s sacked.

Winning the title this year is a massive, and very convenient, diversion. The standard of the league is pathetic.

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The only people who seem shocked by other teams working hard are Robbie and the players. We match their workrate, our superior quality then kicks in and we win games fairly comfortably. It's not rocket science but is not happening.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tragic Tbh. 

Depends what you call underachieving 

if players week in week out being hardly above a 5 out of 10 and the standard of football being crap to watch against pub teams.with the manager looking unable to get a tune out half his players. Shit tactics and ceek style of play is acceptable then fine. 

I didn’t like RN the 1st time around, I always felt he didn’t have a plan B. I welcomed him back hoping he had a bit more knowledge and learned from his mistakes but appears he hasn’t. We are just lucky Dunfermline/Dundee etc can’t string a run of results together cause we’d be knee deep in it if they could 

Edited by bmxweeman

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nobody wants them to fail. But every time Hearts do fail, posters like you make excuses. Every time.

It’s also possible to take a broader view of Neilson, which is that we’ve employed a very limited coach who we’ll be well sick of by the time he’s sacked.

Winning the title this year is a massive, and very convenient, diversion. The standard of the league is pathetic.

Robbie isn't failing. 

You and other folk need to separate cathro, CL and stendel from Robbie. 

The rest is just your opinion of what will happen and can easily be argued. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie isn't failing. 

You and other folk need to separate cathro, CL and stendel from Robbie. 

The rest is just your opinion of what will happen and can easily be argued. 

People told me that my opinion on Levein could be easily argued. And McPhee. And Budge.

But here we are.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Depends what you call underachieving 

if players week in week out being hardly above a 5 out of 10 and the standard of football being crap to watch against pub teams.with the manager looking unable to get a tune out half his players. Shit tactics and ceek style of play is acceptable then fine. 

Folk have said they don't expect to win every game. 

Yet at the same time are unhappy with the style of play and tactics that have taken us top. 

It makes no sense. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

People told me that my opinion on Levein could be easily argued. And McPhee. And Budge.

But here we are.

Probably Robbie first time as well 👍

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie isn't failing.

Not in the league as we're top, but he's not exactly galloping away with the title anymore either. If Dunfermline win their game in hand, the closing stretch of games could be a little tense, especially if Wighton starts knocking them in regularly for them.

Robbie just hasn't been convincing enough since his return. Promotion is all that matters and he should seal that. But we're probably going to be facing a swarm of excuses from the likes of you if he struggles in the top fight next season... it'll be because we just got promoted and we need to settle in the league first etc.

Edited by kila

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

4th? Knew you were at the wind up so cheers for confirming it mate. 

Time will tell. 

He had us 3rd on promotion last time. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Probably Robbie first time as well 👍

No I liked Robbie first time, although his management of the Hibs cup tie was woeful and I was a bit bored of his football by the end.

Fact is, he re-appointment was nothing to do with his coaching (which is no longer impressive at all). It was all down to Budge wanting one of her boys in the job 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kila said:

Not in the league as we're top, but he's not exactly galloping away with the title anymore either. If Dunfermline win their game in hand, the closing stretch of games could be a little tense, especially if Wighton starts knocking them in regularly for them.

Robbie just hasn't been convincing enough since his return. Promotion is all that matters and he should seal that. But we're probably going to be facing a swarm of excuses from the likes of you as he struggles in the top fight next season... it'll be because we just got promoted and we need to settle in the league first etc.

So in summary robbie isn't failing and folk admit they don't expect to win every game... But they want him sacked for.... What? 

Failing in the future? 

Hope you're not an employer, sacking folk for what they might do or not do in 6 months or a year! 

McGlynn The Money

Time will tell. 

He had us 3rd on promotion last time. 

Great stuff mate. People take football too seriously so I personally have no problem with you coming on here and taking the piss and having a laugh.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No I liked Robbie first time, although his management of the Hibs cup tie was woeful and I was a bit bored of his football by the end.

Fact is, he re-appointment was nothing to do with his coaching (which is no longer impressive at all). It was all down to Budge wanting one of her boys in the job 

Even more bizzare. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Great stuff mate. People take football too seriously so I personally have no problem with you coming on here and taking the piss and having a laugh.

So time won't tell and we never finished third under him on promotion last time? 

What's funny about that? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk have said they don't expect to win every game. 

Yet at the same time are unhappy with the style of play and tactics that have taken us top. 

It makes no sense. 

nobody expects to win every single game. We will win the league obviously.

bridgette Neilson could win the championship this year as other teams are like sighthill jaggies and rag arse rovers 

the point is more half the games we have won against piss poor opposition we have been murder to watch and have several players playing really badly. 
the tactics are shocking and Neilsons compulsive lying in post match interviews is patronising to the support at best. 
god nos what excuses he will have next year as they will all have been used up 

So in summary robbie isn't failing and folk admit they don't expect to win every game... But they want him sacked for.... What? 

Failing in the future? 

Hope you're not an employer, sacking folk for what they might do or not do in 6 months or a year! 

Budge isn't going to sack him in the summer if we get promoted. What will be important is how the first 3 months in the top flight go and he should be binned if we're not in the top half of the table after the first round of fixtures.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Budge isn't going to sack him in the summer if we get promoted. What will be important is how the first 3 months in the top flight go and he should be binned if we're not in the top half of the table after the first round of fixtures.

Perfectly sensible. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )