Killie want a £1m government loan to survive!

Thomaso

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Footballfirst

• Pasquale for King

• JDK2020

Footballfirst

Dundee Utd struggling and seeking further cash from their fans

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1912150/dundee-united-investment-dusf-ballot-mark-ogren/

St Johnstone report a small loss but have cash in the bank. However they are braced for losses this year.

“The full effect of the decimation of the income will be shown in the coming financial year and potentially beyond.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1910539/st-johnstone-accounts-financial-loss-steve-brown-covid-19/

part_time_jambo
On 21/01/2021 at 19:10, John Frum said:

**** them. I didn't vote to let that lot use my tax money

do you realise that a loan has to be paid back? unless your Rangers players of course.

part_time_jambo
On 21/01/2021 at 19:48, rory78 said:

Why should they be given money when all the Theatres Restaurants Pubs etc are on their knees 🙄

they’re not being given it, it’s a loan.

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1912150/dundee-united-investment-dusf-ballot-mark-ogren/

St Johnstone report a small loss but have cash in the bank. However they are braced for losses this year.

“The full effect of the decimation of the income will be shown in the coming financial year and potentially beyond.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1910539/st-johnstone-accounts-financial-loss-steve-brown-covid-19/

Any club wanting to survive will need the supporters to dig deep. We're no different,  just we've been doing for longer.

ToadKiller Dog

If I was an Arab fan I certainly would have a worry niggling at the back of my mind .

Certainly questions to ask the owners .

Has there recent accounts been posted yet ?.

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

If I was an Arab fan I certainly would have a worry niggling at the back of my mind .

Certainly questions to ask the owners .

Has there recent accounts been posted yet ?.

Thought shankland would have been sold by now to cover losses

8 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

do you realise that a loan has to be paid back? unless your Rangers players of course.

I think that is a general concern, that it won't be paid back.

ie Is the SG going to shut clubs down for defaults?

Would love to see the contract regarding repayments.

23 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think that is a general concern, that it won't be paid back.

ie Is the SG going to shut clubs down for defaults?

Would love to see the contract regarding repayments.

I think the current SG is in no mood for clubs to take the piss 

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Dundee Utd have a very saleable asset so should shut their gobs. 

Or start walking again. 

That St Johnstone chairman seems to have his head screwed on though. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Pity we have no crowds, An nice easy song that could be sung at every game?

Excellent idea 👏👏👏

Aberdeen are set to apply for a Government crisis loan as fears grow that fans may not be back inside Scottish football grounds by the start of next season.

Record Sport understands chairman Dave Cormack will press the button on the emergency bailout once the final details of the terms and conditions are finally cleared up.

But as the Covid crisis deepens across the game League One and League Two are preparing for at least another month of lockdown - with clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues now on the verge of declaring the current campaign null and void.

All 12 top flight clubs can claim around £1.7million of funding from Holyrood in order to survive without match day income but not a penny of that £20m pot has been released despite weeks of talks between the Government and SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

However, those discussions are now at an advanced stage and Aberdeen will be among the first to accept the financial package as the crippling financial consequences of the coronavirus pandemic begin to bite hard.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Crippling. Oh, how sad.

How are they being allowed to spend stupid money on signing players and then beg for help. 

Neil Dongcaster
On 23/01/2021 at 01:39, Newton51 said:

Thought shankland would have been sold by now to cover losses

His value has plummeted. Only four goals this season.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen are set to apply for a Government crisis loan as fears grow that fans may not be back inside Scottish football grounds by the start of next season.

Record Sport understands chairman Dave Cormack will press the button on the emergency bailout once the final details of the terms and conditions are finally cleared up.

But as the Covid crisis deepens across the game League One and League Two are preparing for at least another month of lockdown - with clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues now on the verge of declaring the current campaign null and void.

All 12 top flight clubs can claim around £1.7million of funding from Holyrood in order to survive without match day income but not a penny of that £20m pot has been released despite weeks of talks between the Government and SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

However, those discussions are now at an advanced stage and Aberdeen will be among the first to accept the financial package as the crippling financial consequences of the coronavirus pandemic begin to bite hard.

Hagar the Horrible
7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Brilliant how money gets offered, free money and ok a deferred loan, but just as soon as the SFA are involved, it goes Pete Tong, the JA money had no conditions, but the SFA/SPFL added so many, it was a bureaucratic nightmare just to get the cheque in the post.  If Aberdeen any now saying they are applying for a loan, then things for them are worse than they are saying, gutted for them.... just gutted.   Now the Government have made £1.7m loan available to any club that wants it, but we don’t know the terms and conditions granted, so  its causing a delay, but the record of the JRG/SFA/SPFL have with the government is it any wonder?   But is the delay because the SFA want a cut, they want part of the interest repayment?

It’s going to be hard for a lot of clubs, and because of the Government money some clubs like Morton can now survive, when the wolves had burst the door in.  It now turned that the top flight are most at risk.  I predicted we would have lost a few by now and a minimum of 10 by the end of the season, and as much as a third, yet they are all limping along. 

They voted with Lawwell because they thought fans would be in by October, but its now, really this long, now that they have accepted that this season is a right off when it comes to fans.  But it might not be until January 2022 before fans can be allowed.  Let’s see how the close season pans out then.  Tick bleeding tock

Aberdeen due to pay 350k for summer signing McRorie

Dundee U apparently made a bid for Robert of Airdrie earlier this month 

Them and anyone else not cutting their cloth can gtf. Snakes. 

If any team is awarded a loan from the Govt fine ( I’m against it,) , BUT ,until it’s repaid in full with any interest added there should be a signing ban on new players .

The resigning of players at the club is acceptable but it might also help younger players get a chance .

46 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

If any team is awarded a loan from the Govt fine ( I’m against it,) , BUT ,until it’s repaid in full with any interest added there should be a signing ban on new players .

The resigning of players at the club is acceptable but it might also help younger players get a chance .

Nah. The loans are to allow the teams to operate in the exceptional circumstances. There is no way teams should be banned from signing players for the 6 year term of the loans.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Nah. The loans are to allow the teams to operate in the exceptional circumstances. There is no way teams should be banned from signing players for the 6 year term of the loans.

Surely they’re living outside of the financial means ? Everyone has had to cut back on something at present why not them ? 
If you had/have a mortgage/rent  and you have a choice of paying your mortgage/rent  or missing a few payments just to go on a couple of luxury holidays which would you choose ? Can’t have it both ways 

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Surely they’re living outside of the financial means ? Everyone has had to cut back on something at present why not them ? 
If you had/have a mortgage/rent  and you have a choice of paying your mortgage/rent  or missing a few payments just to go on a couple of luxury holidays which would you choose ? Can’t have it both ways 

I think it just becomes another debt to be repaid and they can go on trading as usual.

It's upto each club whether they take that seriously or see the loan cash as a way to fund recruitment.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Aberdeen due to pay 350k for summer signing McRorie

Dundee U apparently made a bid for Robert of Airdrie earlier this month 

Them and anyone else not cutting their cloth can gtf. Snakes. 

This him?

th-5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it just becomes another debt to be repaid and they can go on trading as usual.

It's upto each club whether they take that seriously or see the loan cash as a way to fund recruitment.

I get where you’re coming from but this isn’t a bank loan it’s from the public purse, I guess my ire about it is I like thousands of others have had no help from Holyrood , ( I’m not wanting this statement to derail the thread, it’s just my point) so why should clubs owned by wealthy people get the cash before others ?

I don’t believe a transfer ban would be applied but it doesn’t sit right with me that on one day they ( Aberdeen in this case) ask for a loan the next day they are possibly looking to spend £350k on a player in the summer

What about Dave the snake Cormack and his billions? Surely can’t be needing a loan when they’re in the process of building a new stadium. Aren’t they?

On 21/01/2021 at 19:26, Jeff said:

'Owner Billy Bowie says club have agreed on a sum for boss Alex Dyer to bring in a new player in January'

Running to the tax payer but still buying players...

Exactly.  Why doesn't Billy Bowie lend them money?

The Scottish Football Association is close to agreeing a deal with the Scottish government that will give Premiership clubs access to interest-free loans of around £1.6m.

The borrowed money would be repayable over a period of up to 20 years with no repayment due until 2022 at the earliest.

A £20m package to support top-flight clubs was announced on 10 December.

Details of any securities clubs will use to secure the loans remain unclear.

However, once applications are made, the funds could be in bank accounts in a matter of weeks.

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The Scottish Football Association is close to agreeing a deal with the Scottish government that will give Premiership clubs access to interest-free loans of around £1.6m.

The borrowed money would be repayable over a period of up to 20 years with no repayment due until 2022 at the earliest.

A £20m package to support top-flight clubs was announced on 10 December.

Details of any securities clubs will use to secure the loans remain unclear.

However, once applications are made, the funds could be in bank accounts in a matter of weeks.

Still very much of the mindset that any club taking a loan should not be allowed to participate in the transfer market for a period of time to recruit players. 

There seems to be no deterrent to clubs happy to string these loans out for 2 decades. 

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Still very much of the mindset that any club taking a loan should not be allowed to participate in the transfer market for a period of time to recruit players. 

There seems to be no deterrent to clubs happy to string these loans out for 2 decades. 

They are 6 year capital repayment loans (unless this has been changed also).