Killie want a £1m government loan to survive!

Thomaso

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Footballfirst

• Pasquale for King

• JDK2020

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Much like us looking for £Xm in donations from benefactors and FOH. 

Let them get money from their fans and benefactors then. There are many businesses in Scotland getting no financial support other than furlough money, which benefits the staff, not the business.  The transfer window is open. Sell the first team squad. 

Edited by GinRummy

I get that my fellow Hearts supporters would prefer to see these clubs suffer but personally I hope they survive the current pressures. I done think they'll be the only club looking for significant funding before the covid situation is under control. 

The game in this course is going to need all the help it can get to survive. Fortunately our club are on a sounder footing than most but we'll need decent sized clubs to complete against.

Just now, jambogemz said:

I get that my fellow Hearts supporters would prefer to see these clubs suffer but personally I hope they survive the current pressures. I done think they'll be the only club looking for significant funding before the covid situation is under control. 

The game in this country is going to need all the help it can get to survive. Fortunately our club are on a sounder footing than most but we'll need decent sized clubs to complete against.

Toxteth O'Grady
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It really isn’t - Benefactors and FOH members give the money because they want to. Killie want money from the government which comes from our taxes 

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

The game in this course is going to need all the help it can get to survive. Fortunately our club are on a sounder footing than most but we'll need decent sized clubs to complete against.

Clubs have to help themselves first. Any players worth any money must be sold. 

Francis Albert

They won the league more recently than us. As I remember all too well. By Scottish standards they have a decent support so Scottish football can't afford to lose them. But a Government loan? That won t happen.

5 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Absolutely no sympathy what so ever for any of these clubs who voted to try to screw us.

It is a loan which has to be repaid so as long as some security is put against it I wouldn’t be against any business receiving assistance at this moment, what does concern me is why not ask the bank, have they had the knock back? Is there any security that isn’t already held as security on other loans?

1 minute ago, kelosom said:

It is a loan which has to be repaid so as long as some security is put against it I wouldn’t be against any business receiving assistance at this moment, what does concern me is why not ask the bank, have they had the knock back? Is there any security that isn’t already held as security on other loans?

Maybe the government, are offering more favourable terms than the banks are at present.

The still bitter hearts fan in me thinks its another one of those diddy clubs that sold its soul for the 4 x games against the Old Firm to sell 3/4 of their stadium to them as well. These clubs are the issue with the game progressing here. Also cant help think they weren't savy enough to budget for a whole season without fans (think there will be a few of them!) so it's their own fault!

'Owner Billy Bowie says club have agreed on a sum for boss Alex Dyer to bring in a new player in January'

Running to the tax payer but still buying players...

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Has someone at Hearts upset you?

The club that give celtic and sevco three stands to help their finances. Embarrassing!

Nah. Medicine time for Killie. 

Adios. 

The SG put loans up for all top flight clubs up to £2m as they know all clubs are struggling, just like they gave grants to lower league teams.  Why shouldn't they take it?

The thing about these loans is that the longer they are outstanding the more chance of wee Nicola writing them off.  Maybe we should get our noses in the trough.  Just a thought.

gorgie rd eh11
48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Donations, loans. 

Not the same thing.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The thing about these loans is that the longer they are outstanding the more chance of wee Nicola writing them off.  Maybe we should get our noses in the trough.  Just a thought.

We got a £500K grant, so or nose was in the trough.

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

May be Killie should start up a similar scheme like Foundation of Hearts. They might raise about £50. Shite club! 

Do Kilmarnock not have something in progress to move to fan owned.

Footballfirst

Shock horror gasp. A company takes up the offer of a loan that allows it to meet its spending needs for the immediate future.  Given the current circumstances, how many other businesses have taken the offer of business support loans, deferred tax repayments etc.

Hearts has taken up more than £1m in loans from Ann Budge over the last two years to enable the club to sign players, pay wages and bills. What's the issue when another club wants to do the same.

Hearts will have to pay the loans back. Killie and any other club taking up the SG loan offer will have to do likewise.

Dagger Is Back

They’re a business getting business support like thousands of others up and down the country.

The SG made the facilities available and Kilmarnock have asked to take advantage of it.

No problems as far as I’m concerned but if the SG are stupid enough to grant the loans without conditions that they’re not spent on taking on new employees then that’s a separate issue.

Wouldn’t lose one wink of sleep if they went down the proverbial though.

42 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I'll happily see us play whoever is left standing. If Killie aren't one of them, tough shit.

Maybe they can go ask the Osmands for some help.

👋

Footballfirst

From Hearts accounts

The company has taken full advantage of the Government support available during the current pandemic and agreed deferrals with HMRC in connection with PAYE monies due. A Time To Pay Arrangement has now been agreed with HMRC, with all deferred monies scheduled to be repaid over the course of season 2020/21.

The delayed payments could be anything up to £850k going by the accounts. The club also took advantage of the government's furlough scheme.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Footballfirst said:

From Hearts accounts

The company has taken full advantage of the Government support available during the current pandemic and agreed deferrals with HMRC in connection with PAYE monies due. A Time To Pay Arrangement has now been agreed with HMRC, with all deferred monies scheduled to be repaid over the course of season 2020/21.

The club also took advantage of the government's furlough scheme.

I don’t get the relevance. Deferrals and ttp arrangements were available to all businesses as was furlough. Are million pound loans available to anyone’s who’s struggling despite having sellable assets. 

53 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

**** em. And everyone that sails in her. 

Borders Jambo
11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

They’re a business getting business support like thousands of others up and down the country.

The SG made the facilities available and Kilmarnock have asked to take advantage of it.

No problems as far as I’m concerned but if the SG are stupid enough to grant the loans without conditions that they’re not spent on taking on new employees then that’s a separate issue.

Wouldn’t lose one wink of sleep if they went down the proverbial though.

These are my thoughts other than I would pop open a nice bottle if they went under. 

For no logical reason, I have never liked them and their pandering to the Old Firm.  

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t get the relevance. Deferrals and ttp arrangements were available to all businesses as was furlough. Are million pound loans available to anyone’s who’s struggling despite having sellable assets. 

There have been a range of government schemes available to many business, both generally and specific to a particular sector.

I'm sure that Billy Bowie is wealthy enough to be able to put up the cash himself, but the offer of funding from the SG will be judged a better option.

Such a loan facility  isn't on offer to Hearts (they received a windfall £500k grant instead), but the club remains reliant on loans from its major shareholder.  If such a loan was on offer to Hearts, it wouldn't surprise me if AB took the offer and repaid her own facility with the proceeds

WoolfordsHearts

Give them the loan to lay a proper pitch or they can gtf.

Another club that sold their soul(and 3 sides of their ground)to the gruesome twosome.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Let them get money from their fans and benefactors then. There are many businesses in Scotland getting no financial support other than furlough money, which benefits the staff, not the business.  The transfer window is open. Sell the first team squad. 

Sell? When they actually released their statement that they intended to seek the loan they said that they weren't in money trouble and the manager would be getting money for players very soon! 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

There have been a range of government schemes available to many business, both generally and specific to a particular sector.

I'm sure that Billy Bowie is wealthy enough to be able to put up the cash himself, but the offer of funding from the SG will be judged a better option.

Such a loan facility  isn't on offer to Hearts (they received a windfall £500k grant instead), but the club remains reliant on loans from its major shareholder.  If such a loan was on offer to Hearts, it wouldn't surprise me if AB took the offer and repaid her own facility with the proceeds

Got you now. Couldn’t follow the logic when you were talking about PAYE deferrals and furlough. I have to say it sticks in the throat a bit when football clubs are getting special support and other businesses, many of which are unable to operate at all, are getting nothing other than furlough. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FF - would you keep facts out of this discussion.

You are reducing our sense of superiority and entitlement!

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Thoughts?

They may be the first of many!

42 SPFL clubs st present I suspect Killie are not alone needing cash.

Our neighbours in Leith might also be begging!