Let it Snow

Greedy Jambo

Salad Fingers

Roads pretty bad on the way in this morning.  a 20 mile drive, I get to the work and quelle surprise, I am the only one here.  Already had two folk phoning me saying they are stuck.  Add to the fact that 13 people are already isolating due to a positive covid case in the office, leaving only four of us.  This means that I could potentially be in the office myself today.  Phoned my own boss who said "well I am glad you got there safely".  No, you're glad I got here, safely doesn't come into it.  

I am giving it until 10.  If there isn't any change in this snow I am heading home.  

jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Roads pretty bad on the way in this morning.  a 20 mile drive, I get to the work and quelle surprise, I am the only one here.  Already had two folk phoning me saying they are stuck.  Add to the fact that 13 people are already isolating due to a positive covid case in the office, leaving only four of us.  This means that I could potentially be in the office myself today.  Phoned my own boss who said "well I am glad you got there safely".  No, you're glad I got here, safely doesn't come into it.  

I am giving it until 10.  If there isn't any change in this snow I am heading home.  

I remember years ago the large company I worked for procrastinated about whether to close the office or not. By the time they decided to do so the buses has stopped running. People had to walk home or make other arrangements which wasn't easy. This was during that November 2012 dump I seem to recall.

I had been working in England and when I came home I was able to WFH for a week. 

After that WFH became much more prevalent and towards the end of my career I did it frequently.

Of course, now all my ex colleagues have been WFH since March and a huge office in Edinburgh Park is pretty much empty.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Take care.

Plenty of snow up in the hills, but here in the town only an inch or so, it's a mixture of snow/sleet/rain and the roads are just slushy now.

In fairness the council have been out all morning with the big snowplough gritter, tractors gritting and the small pavement gritters.

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Just came on again pretty heavy so executive decision made, I am pissing off home.  

Pics of your written off car, plz.

Xx

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

😮

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2:

See, Harry? Salad knows I'm only kidding.

:look:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

See, Harry? Salad knows I'm only kidding.

:look:

I know bud, the banter😃

Salad Fingers

Arse is now parked on the couch, coffee and a roll and sausage in my belly, laptop fired up to check periodically for emails. 

To add to my happiness, the missus had a day to herself planned while the wee one is at the childminder. Not tonight Josephine. 

:pleasing:

On 14/01/2021 at 09:34, jonnothejambo said:

6 inches up here in the Stirlingshire hills.

Ooooh, you little liar.

:oohmatron: 

jonnothejambo
35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ooooh, you little liar.

:oohmatron: 

Mais c'est un peu froid en Ecosse bien sûr,  mon ami.