Let it Snow

Greedy Jambo

58 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just take a look at that and its no wonder the West Coast can't get its infection rates down.

Edit: Just seen the other posts saying its Amsterdam.

::facepaw::

And haha. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Harry Potter

• The Real Maroonblood

• Tazio

3 hours ago, gator said:

Almost 20cm of fresh snow here this morning with somewhere around the same amount forecast for tomorrow, that makes this cross country skier happy!😀🕸️

Don't think there's any major snow falls forcast for Scotland, jet stream moves a bit further North next week allowing warmer but wetter weather to take control. 

There is now a bit of heat in the sun now, so spring is just around the corner, hopefully.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Just take a look at that and its no wonder the West Coast can't get its infection rates down.

West coast - kinda, nearly, almost arguably - of the Netherlands :D 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

West coast - kinda, nearly, almost arguably - of the Netherlands :D 

I read the first post on the page and assumed it was accurate.

Looking at some very dangerous weather coming my way by Sunday here in Oklahoma. Blizzard conditions, zero visibility at that time, at least a foot of snow which with the wind will drift several feet high. Sub zero temperatures with a wind chill factor making it feel like -30 or so.

That's cold enough to kill you if you get trapped out there and no doubt some will. 

We've had very little snow, but a week of sub zero temps and North/North Easterly Winds everything is frozen rock solid, including our water supply🤬🤬🤬🤬

We got a bit more snow overnight, lake effect squalls are supposed to give us 1-3cm per hour for the next six hours, it's cold as well which makes for nice powder skiing!

The rain is rapidly shifting the snow here, and with the milder temps this week it'll mostly be gone, might be some left on the higher hills for a while yet.

Potholes will be the next problem, several have appeared in my street and I've noticed quite a few in other streets as well, always the same after a really cold snap.

Doctor FinnBarr
24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The rain is rapidly shifting the snow here, and with the milder temps this week it'll mostly be gone, might be some left on the higher hills for a while yet.

Potholes will be the next problem, several have appeared in my street and I've noticed quite a few in other streets as well, always the same after a really cold snap.

Pothole heaven in WL at the moment.

Weakened Offender
On 12/02/2021 at 14:52, frankblack said:

😁😁😁

• 2 months later...
Jambo-Jimbo

FFS it's May and we've just had a few snow showers here in the Borders.

It's not lying at ground level but some of the higher hills have a coating of snow.

Getting pissed off with this crap weather now.

Dennis Reynolds

I got a text from my wife to say it's gone from rain, hail, snow and then sunshine before snowing again in Edinburgh 😂

highlandjambo3

Hail….sleet showers on and off over the last few days…..mountains around us have been white for months now…….heatwave predicted starting in 2 weeks time 

We have had snow lately in the higher areas, and still having frost at night, yet daytime temps have been as high as 22 . The gardens are just now starting to show some growth when usually they would be well started to bloom.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, LMc said:

I got a text from my wife to say it's gone from rain, hail, snow and then sunshine before snowing again in Edinburgh 😂

Yeh, brilliant sunshine here now, although the clouds are building so expect another dose of rain/sleet/snow/frogs/cats & dogs anytime soon. :laugh:

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

We have had snow lately in the higher areas, and still having frost at night, yet daytime temps have been as high as 22 . The gardens are just now starting to show some growth when usually they would be well started to bloom.

22 :laugh:, we are lucky to get into double figures, right now it's 7c but feels like 5c, -3c overnight tonight is forcast.

It feels more like March rather than May.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

22 :laugh:, we are lucky to get into double figures, right now it's 7c but feels like 5c, -3c overnight tonight is forcast.

Its 5degrees here 1degree with windchill and -2 has been standard overnight this last week or so. Its currently pelting down with hail for 5mins then sunshine for 10 then rain for 5 sunshine for 10 and repeat. Very random

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

FFS it's May and we've just had a few snow showers here in the Borders.

It's not lying at ground level but some of the higher hills have a coating of snow.

Getting pissed off with this crap weather now.

It started getting a bit nippy in my local’s beer garden.😫🍺

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Heavy hail / snow in Newtongrange. Raining now. 

It's biblical I tell ye, biblical.

The thunder confirms this.

19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We definitely live in a country that has much natural beauty but now I’m in my dotage I wonder why I’ve spent my life in such an appalling climate.

🌧💨💦❄️

Don't  feel too bad, i made the move and got lovely weather, but this last winter and spring have blown all my dotage pleasures all to hell

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Tell me about it, it’s fecking horrendous. The climate in this country is murder, with degrees of wetness. However, it’s May and we still have the heating on. 

This country is not built for cafe culture either. 

Compare  it to when you go away abroad. Wake up and have a coffee in your balcony or down at the street cafe in T-shirt and shorts 

This morning I thought it looks sunny for a change so will go into the garden to have my coffee. Soon as I opened the door it got shut again and I was back inside with heating on 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It started getting a bit nippy in my local’s beer garden.😫🍺

At least you don't have to worry about warm beer. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

At least you don't have to worry about warm beer. 👍

That's true. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Tell me about it, it’s fecking horrendous. The climate in this country is murder, with degrees of wetness. However, it’s May and we still have the heating on. 

This country is not built for cafe culture either. 

We used double the amount of Gas in April this year, compared to last April, which just say's it all really.

Scotland's cafe culture season, is between 3 & 3:15 on the afternoon of 17th July.............................weather permitting.  :laugh:

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Heavy hail / snow in Newtongrange. Raining now. 

It's biblical I tell ye, biblical.

A few hardy souls enjoying a pint in the outside area at the Dean Tavern this afternoon. It should have been hot toddies all round.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Same in southern Ontario.  We had amazing weather in March and I got a sunburn twice sitting outside.  But the last two or three weeks here have been driech.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

A few hardy souls enjoying a pint in the outside area at the Dean Tavern this afternoon. It should have been hot toddies all round.

Pop down to the pub for a pint, come back with hypothermia.  :laugh:

This time last year didn't we have about 8 weeks of sunshine.

Can't remember that many days when I didn't have shorts on for pretty much the whole of lockdown.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Can't remember that many days when I didn't have shorts on for pretty much the whole of lockdown.

I'm sure the weather was good then.

Horatio Caine

According to the forecast, brace yourselves for snow incoming first thing tomorrow.

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

According to the forecast, brace yourselves for snow incoming first thing tomorrow.

5 days straight of it absolutely hammering it down would put a smile on my face. 

I want to have to crawl out the front door through a hole in the snow. 

11 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

It was warm and sunny from end of march onwards last year

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

nearly in to the 2nd week of may, feels like november, moving to spain, well would love to😦

frankblack
25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

nearly in to the 2nd week of may, feels like november, moving to spain, well would love to😦

Don't know if Spain is far enough south unless you count the Canary Islands.

SectionDJambo

I remember working in Loanhead for a couple of weeks in mid 1970s June, when it snowed for about an hour during an afternoon. Thick flakes which didn't survive on the ground for very long.

Der Kaiser

Anyone else like me who genuinely doesn't care what the weather is?

If anything I prefer the cold over hot. Maybe I'd be happier further north running from Polar Bears.

6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember working in Loanhead for a couple of weeks in mid 1970s June, when it snowed for about an hour during an afternoon. Thick flakes which didn't survive on the ground for very long.

Was that not 1976? We then went on to have one of the hottest summers ever.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, buzz said:

Was that not 1976? We then went on to have one of the hottest summers ever.

Could be. I left the job I was in in early 1977, so it has to be around 1976. 

• 6 months later...

I see that the usual red tops are suggesting significant snowfall later in the month with quotes from an expert suggesting it “could” snow later this month, temperatures “may” plummet and there is a “chance” of snow in December. 

Absolutely shocked and surprised at this possibility. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I see that the usual red tops are suggesting significant snowfall later in the month with quotes from an expert suggesting it “could” snow later this month, temperatures “may” plummet and there is a “chance” of snow in December. 

Absolutely shocked and surprised at this possibility. 

Weather wise in Scotland take it day by day.