Let it Snow

Greedy Jambo

5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Not a drop in Penicuik but did start when I left. Hope it doesn't come to much.

Getting snowed in is great. Snowed out....happened to me 3 years back. 20 min commute home took 3 and a half hours and even then I abandoned my car over a mile from home with only petrol fumes in the tank and bursting on a pish.

Came back to it the following day with a rude note saying I had parked across driveway.

Wrote my own note saying 

I didnt park it but rather abandoned it hence why it was wedged into a snow drift in the road randomly.

I didnt know they had a driveway as there was no garage and the snow was that thick and deep I couldn't tell.

Sellotaped a Chupa Chup lolly to the letter and said no hard feeling but here's a lollipop as way of an apology and posted it through his door.

(Note lollipop was not tainted in case you thought I stuck it up my arse first. A genuine kind human gesture it was)

Not stopped snowing in Penicuik since this morning mate. Luckily it's not really lying. 

Had similar issues getting back, usually a bus gets stuck before gowkley moss roundabout and that's that for hours.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Harry Potter

• The Real Maroonblood

• Tazio

11 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

2 days ago it was forecast heavy snow in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

:rofl:
Now it’s Wednesday for heavy snow.

Looks like rain now 

Still snowing/sleet/raining here, has been for last 24 hrs or more, but the snow is too wet to lay, and it's just horrible slushy now.

The snow is lying up in the hills as per usual, probably a good few inches if not more.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Still snowing/sleet/raining here, has been for last 24 hrs or more, but the snow is too wet to lay, and it's just horrible slushy now.

The snow is lying up in the hills as per usual, probably a good few inches if not more.

Pissing down in Musselburgh 

We do really stay in a miserable country at times  

25 minutes ago, theshed said:

Pissing down in Musselburgh 

We do really stay in a miserable country at times  

I wish it'll make it's mind up, either piss down or snow, as this mixture of both is just crap.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I wish it'll make it's mind up, either piss down or snow, as this mixture of both is just crap.

Just watched the forecast.  I think you're about to get your wish!

Having escaped heavy snowfall the last couple of times, we got about 3+ inches of snow overnight and this morning, it's that soft powderly type and with the wind is just blowing all over the place.

Just cleared my path and driveway and as I'm clearing it the wind is just blowing back over the fecking path.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Having escaped heavy snowfall the last couple of times, we got about 3+ inches of snow overnight and this morning, it's that soft powderly type and with the wind is just blowing all over the place.

Just cleared my path and driveway and as I'm clearing it the wind is just blowing back over the fecking path.  :laugh:

Just had hailstones in sunny drumbrae just now, quite a bit of powderly snow this morning, 

nice and cauld, roll on the spring.😧.

35 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Just had hailstones in sunny drumbrae just now, quite a bit of powderly snow this morning, 

nice and cauld, roll on the spring.😧.

Three weeks till spring! 

roll on. 

Blizzard conditions here in the central Borders just now.

It's been snow showers all day, some heavy, but this one has been on for the last 30+ minutes, heavy blizzard.

Will have to clear the path & driveway again, once this stops, as it's all covered in snow again.

Gritters had only been about an hour ago and the side roads are all covered again.

It’s lovely in West Edinburgh just now, crisp cold day with sun streaming in the window. However according to the forecast heavy snow starting at around 5pm for 3 hours. 

We have a good blanket on the ground with a couple of more cm's forecast for each day this week which is good for me being an avid cross country skier, it's -10C, -20C factoring in the windchill here this morning in Southern Ontario!

Maroon Sailor

Must be a nightmare trying to get up to Oxgangs, Torphin, Swanston.

Buses only going as far as Firrhill

Maroon Sailor

People out helping a bus stranded halfway up Torphin Road

Why would you attempt to go up there in these conditions ?

Screenshot_20210208-210143.thumb.jpg.e76c2f7bea741f8b2f108dfe89b65d90.jpg

Could be there til tomorrow at this rate !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

The Mound

Due to a adverse weather buses are unable to serve The Mound south bound and are instead diverted via George Street, North Bridge, South Bridge and Chambers Street until further notice.

affects services 27

Should never have got rid of that underground heating system they had !

been here before

Ive never understood why buses dont have wee bits on them to attatch snowplough blades to.

Get them on a few buses when the snow starts and roads would stay open surely.

The hard stuff today. Got it both journeys today. Good it bounced off the clothes in the morning. Quite funny hitting into it later on. Right in the face. 

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Ive never understood why buses dont have wee bits on them to attatch snowplough blades to.

Get them on a few buses when the snow starts and roads would stay open surely.

Would love wee bits on ma car, be a wee snowplough, 4 to 5 inches in drumbrae😮

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Them new electric taxis £60k and pish in an inch of snow Well done to those helping him out, good community spirit 

Edited by Ma Roon

2 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Them new electric taxis £60k and pish in an inch of snow Well done to those helping him out, good community spirit 

Aye mind a friend from Motherwell trying to leave east craigs a few years back, his hybrid car useless in a couple of inches of snow, 

42 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye mind a friend from Motherwell trying to leave east craigs a few years back, his hybrid car useless in a couple of inches of snow, 

Genuine question, why would it being a hybrid make a difference? Is the weight distributed differently because of the batteries or something? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
38 minutes ago, Smack said:

Genuine question, why would it being a hybrid make a difference? Is the weight distributed differently because of the batteries or something? 

Rear wheel drives are hopeless in the white stuff may have been that 

About 7 inches in Gorebridge. Heavy snow showers on and off. Currently lovely and sunny but that'll change quickly.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Wonder if he charged them? Anyway, about 10 inches in Portmahomack and still coming down

1 hour ago, Ma Roon said:

Rear wheel drives are hopeless in the white stuff may have been that 

Yeah, I get that, was more wondering about the Hybrids as I've been considering getting something along those lines.

Still coming down in Musselburgh. I'm in the town centre though so hard to really tell how deep it is. My front window looks on to a main street which has mostly turned to slush but out the back, it's white as far as the eye can see.

Just spoke to a friend from Maryhill, Glasgow. Ankle deep she says. :oohmatron: 

3 hours ago, Smack said:

Maybe due to the weight or lack of it at the front, not sure, maybe lack of torque, it certainly 

was not going places, had to push it out my street😦.

20 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe due to the weight or lack of it at the front, not sure, maybe lack of torque, it certainly 

was not going places, had to push it out my street😦.

I have so many questions....Google is my friend but you can't beat first hand accounts from folk who drive them about in the same sorts of places and real life conditions that I would, rather than 20 laps round the Nürburgring. Thanks for replying.

14 minutes ago, Smack said:

I have so many questions....Google is my friend but you can't beat first hand accounts from folk who drive them about in the same sorts of places and real life conditions that I would, rather than 20 laps round the Nürburgring. Thanks for replying.

No problem.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I did see the first two car (at the bottom if top end of street) crash on twitter last night.

Here is next crash.

Enjoyed the cackle at the end 😁

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I did see the first two car (at the bottom if top end of street) crash on twitter last night.

Here is next crash.

What the **** were they thinking approaching a steep hill at that speed, in the snow? :vrface: 

Brakes locked on, futile attempt turning against the direction of the slide (with the indicator going on - lol), and they've only cleared the front window of their vehicle (back window wiper has done some of the work).

Their insurance company will be rubbing their hands together seeing that footage going on Twitter.

Edited by tian447