Let it Snow

Greedy Jambo

38 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You do get it far worse down there in the borders.

Sometimes, although lately Penicuik, Gorebridge & Newtongrange have had it worse over the last year or two than Innerleithen has, snow wise, the same with Selkirk, Hawick etc have had it much worse as well, however it's only a matter of time until it'll be our turn (again). :laugh:

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Harry Potter

• The Real Maroonblood

• Tazio

32 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Hopefully gritters are deployed😕if needed.

Gritters have been out on our roads already, seen one on Wednesday afternoon laying down salt.

32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Gritters have been out on our roads already, seen one on Wednesday afternoon laying down salt.

👍

17 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Bring it on😎😎 winter tyres on and snowboard ready👍👍🤗

Do you use the same rims, or do you have a dedicated set with winter tyres?

Edited by OBE

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i need to get my winters on

Real men dont need winter tyres, jokin pal😀, too much faffing about for a few days.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Real men dont need winter tyres, jokin pal😀, too much faffing about for a few days.

Correct, why would they want more traction on their rear wheel drive fleeing machine?...:D

Edited by OBE

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Do you use the same rims, or do you have a dedicated set with winter tyres?

Set of steel wheels with tyres on

henrysmithsgloves
11 minutes ago, OBE said:

Correct, why would they want more traction on their rear wheel drive fleeing machine?...:D

A 2002 Clio diesel🤣🤣 my fleeing machine is for better weather use only😎 btw also FWD

3 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Set of steel wheels with tyres on

If I didn't have access to a front wheel drive motor, I'd be doing the same...:thumb:

56 minutes ago, OBE said:

If I didn't have access to a front wheel drive motor, I'd be doing the same...:thumb:

Years of driving a Ford Capri through fresh snow after nightshift gave me good expearience , front wheel drive 

is spot on to help you.

20 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Years of driving a Ford Capri through fresh snow after nightshift gave me good expearience , front wheel drive 

is spot on to help you.

Less cars on the road then, no speed bumps or road narrowing and, and, and no big ***k off planters spoiling a calculated, controlled drift...🚗...council wankers.

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Less cars on the road then, no speed bumps or road narrowing and, and, and no big ***k off planters spoiling a calculated, controlled drift...🚗...council wankers.

👍, spot on bud, 

28 minutes ago, OBE said:

no ABS as well. i have driven cars with and without ABS on snow and without ABS i had more control

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

no ABS as well. i have driven cars with and without ABS on snow and without ABS i had more control

ABS, saved a BIG badgers life last week, steered around the brute @ 60mph...both if us shat ourselves...😄

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

A 2002 Clio diesel🤣🤣 my fleeing machine is for better weather use only😎 btw also FWD

download (2).jpeg

23 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

download (2).jpeg

Suppose that's where the need for speed started, fixed pedals on the wheels = bruised shins...

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, OBE said:

Suppose that's where the need for speed started, fixed pedals on the wheels = bruised shins...

Accounts for my unbelievable ugliness 😅 hitting ummoveable objects😳

Light dusting only,  but a portent of doom for the slightly heavier stuff to come that will drive the transport infrastructure back to the dark ages.

Light dusting in drumbrae, still be oot at 5-30 to beat all the traffic, and the constant temp lights on

drumbrae north, mups.

Never see anybody working there, maybe invisible.😕.

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Never see anybody working there, maybe invisible.😕.

Probably on strike 

Actually a beautiful day. Light breeze, bright and dry. Give me this for the rest of winter.

I mean look at St Andrews 🥰

IMG-20221208-WA0014.jpg

Edited by Jeff

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Probably on strike 

Good chance, cant keep up with all the strikes. tbf probably entitled to action the same as the rest o them,

i will just trot on to work as i would probably get sacked if i dared do such a thing lol. 😃.       

Met forecast says Monday morning to start off at -5C, averaging -3C throughout the day and into Tuesday 😐

Will probably see a chunk of the work from home lot spend a full day in the office for a change!

Lord Montpelier
41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Folk driving today when its not an emergency, work, checking on a relative, :facepalm:, huge dusting in Drumbrae.

The dominant nanny culture tells the weak minded it's all about "staying safe" now. 

54 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The dominant nanny culture tells the weak minded it's all about "staying safe" now. 

Being a Lord, you probably have your own driver, 😃, let him worry about it.