How are we doing the morning after

LeftBack

At least none of us woke up this morning a dotnut.

I haven't looked but I think I can almost hear the squealing of joy from that particular pig sty of a site.

I assume yesterday's outcome null and voids they're derby defeat in the semi, gets them over it (again) and makes everything in their feeble little world great again.

Thank your lucky stars, folks, that you are not Hibs.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Gambo

• Robbo-Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

It feels a bit like that league cup final we lost 4-3 to over spending Rangers where we knew we were the better team and had played them off the park for much of that game with alas nothing to show for it at the end.

It gives me hope it will make us stronger and we will lift silverware again very soon like we did in 1998.

The gutted feeling is still very much alive but hopefully a bucket load of goals against Ayr will help a lot.

Marooned Abroad

Still sick to the stomach. Proud of the team to a man but didn’t sleep well and still hurting, especially because of the antics of Brown both during and after the game. What normal human being acts the way he did at the end? 

On the positive side, my hope of absolutely mullering that team in a SC final during my lifetime remains alive, an ambition that beating them on penalties or via an injury time winner wouldn't nearly match.

My fear is that Celtic won't get close to the 2021 SC final, however.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Cade said:

2 Big Cup finals in 2 years both against a treble chasing sellick and pushed them hard in both.

Still 50% proud and 50% raging.

Yesterday was 90% rage for me. As time goes by will probably move to 50/50 too. Feeling a bit better today but still pretty sick. 

Really thought we had it with Gordon's save. 

10 minutes ago, Marooned Abroad said:

Still sick to the stomach. Proud of the team to a man but didn’t sleep well and still hurting, especially because of the antics of Brown both during and after the game. What normal human being acts the way he did at the end? 

He is not a normal human being though. 

Far from it. 

Perth to Paisley
5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Really gutted.  For once in my lifetime I want to see us win one of the big moments against Celtic.  For a while yesterday it brought back the hurt of 1986.  It's more about beating them than actually winning the cup.  

Not close to 86.

Extremely proud this morning, if I had the figure to wear a Hearts top I would have worn it everywhere, especially into the works office as there is a fair sprinkling of sellick fans, with one little hibs toady scuttling about on their coat tails, just love our team and club.

I feel worse after reading this thread, like so many you I am proud but gutted and trying to move on, there is no choice, we were so close it is sickening! 

WoolfordsHearts

Woke up this morning wanting to throttle myself with the icicle lights,now I'm calmer, I want to eat the glass baubles off the tree.

F****** gutted.

Better than I thought I would, mainly because, in the end, we performed much better than I expected. The fact that we were never in front in the game (with the exception of penalties) makes it a bit easier to get over. There was definitely a great opportunity missed. I wish I could just rewind to Kingsley’s penalty and tell him to take a longer run up and smash it!!!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

18Jambo_dave74

Still absolutely gutted, hit me more today than yesterday I think. 

The more the game went on you just felt our name was on the cup - I thought we had them at Gordon's save to be honest. Kingsley scores and I'm convinced that would have been enough. 

At the same time I'm still extremely proud of the team and the fightback. For years now we've been plagued with gutless imposters wearing our colours but the fight and commitment on show was what I want from a Hearts team. I just keep seeing the faces at the end - Halkett, Gordon, Kingsley, Irving and Boyce - they were utterly crushed, as were the rest of the team of course.  I just wish I was at Tynie on Saturday to clap them out on to the pitch and to lift them. Between the semi final and yesterday, they did us proud. 

7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Of course not but it touched on it for a moment.  

Obviously not the same pain. 

Must admit though when Wighton missed my mind flashed for a second to standing on the terraces at Dens that day. 

The more I reflect on it the more frustrated I am with that inept 1st half performance.  The next 75 minutes were superb and penalties are a lottery.

To be honest I'm not upset.  Not being there coupled with the fact we gave it our best has me ok with it.  Would have been great to win but it wouldnt have been the same with no fans.

Still gutted, but given the efforts of the whole team in that comeback, feel really proud of the overall response. Especially after the way we played 1st half.

if every player leaves everything on the pitch you can’t ask for anymore than that regardless of the disappointment 

For me Naisy was the MOM yesterday. For attitude and desire alone. Lead a true Captains role on the park. 

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The more I reflect on it the more frustrated I am with that inept 1st half performance.  The next 75 minutes were superb and penalties are a lottery.

I agree with this.

All this "Proud" stuff is fair enough but it was a shocking first half performance. Had we been in Celtic's faces from the start then the end result would have been very different.

Even after a brutal first half performance we were only 2 penalties away from making history. We had our hands on the cup and let it slip through our fingers.

Probably the sorest I have been after a Hearts defeat (I am a little too young to remember 86).

Was gutted at the final whistle and still gutted now. Wasn’t in the mood for jokes at work today and have kept myself to myself. We had one hand on the cup and let it slip away. It’s still raw and will be for a while.  

Seeing that smug pretend hard man, who gets all the protection in the world from the refs just winds me up. Gordon gets booked for throwing the ball towards Eduardo but scumbag Broony can scream in the faces of our players and gets away with it. *** hate that team and their scummy fans more than any other in world football.

It’s now two Scottish cups in a row we’ve gifted them. Beating the fat yank on Boxing Day by 20 goals to nil wouldn’t make up for how I feel. Not close to 86 but the worst since then 

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I agree with this.

All this "Proud" stuff is fair enough but it was a shocking first half performance. Had we been in Celtic's faces from the start then the end result would have been very different.

Even after a brutal first half performance we were only 2 penalties away from making history. We had our hands on the cup and let it slip through our fingers.

Probably the sorest I have been after a Hearts defeat (I am a little too young to remember 86).

It’s a wonder goal and a penalty in the first half. The game plan was clear and almost worked to perfection. Who’s to say if we went at them from the first whistle it would have worked. Hard to be anything but ‘proud’ of the players and credit to the management team for almost pulling it off. 

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I agree with this.

86 was seriously emotional. I was young at the time but still remember being 3 goals down in the SC final, and given what had happened the week before, remember the support at Hampden still singing to a man and to recognise the team for what they done that year 

Yesterday hurt, but not like that.

I guess the fact that we have won the cup 3 times since then, kinda dulls the pain a little bit 

It was more about beating septic for me than the actual cup if that makes sense. They got lucky yesterday and regardless of what is said, they damn well know it. 

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

It’s a wonder goal and a penalty in the first half. The game plan was clear and almost worked to perfection. Who’s to say if we went at them from the first whistle it would have worked. Hard to be anything but ‘proud’ of the players and credit to the management team for almost pulling it off. 

Celtic have been a shambles at the back this season and we put them under no pressure what so even in the first half. We didn't even lay a finger on them. The minute we scored that early second half goal, you could see the panic throughout their team. I am sorry but I cannot give our management team any credit for that first half. A wonder goal and a stupid penalty yes but we were lucking not to go in 3 or 4 nothing down and there would have been no way back.

I admire the way we came out in the second half and had a go but for me thats the way we should have started the game.

Gorgie Boot boy

Not sure how i feel, been waves of shiteness and pride.

I am going to go with Robbie.

The game was a bonus, the league title is what it is all about.

Today is all reflection

14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Celtic have been a shambles at the back this season and we put them under no pressure what so even in the first half. We didn't even lay a finger on them. The minute we scored that early second half goal, you could see the panic throughout their team. I am sorry but I cannot give our management team any credit for that first half. A wonder goal and a stupid penalty yes but we were lucking not to go in 3 or 4 nothing down and there would have been no way back.

I admire the way we came out in the second half and had a go but for me thats the way we should have started the game.

Actually agree with this. 

We showed them far too much respect in the first half. 

This is not a good celtic team and their confidence is fragile as can be seen with the panic they showed when we pulled one back. 

That attitude in the first half yesterday would have won us the Scottish Cup. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not sure how i feel, been waves of shiteness and pride.

I am going to go with Robbie.

The game was a bonus, the league title is what it is all about.

Today is all reflection

That’s a decent coping strategy.  👍

21 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

In a nutshell.  Even when not really being “at them” in the 1st half there was one instance when Naisy nearly nicked a goal out of their uncertainty.  

That’s when we should’ve sniffed it, but we didn’t. 

Edited by Debut 4

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, davemclaren said:

That’s a decent coping strategy.  👍

Robbie is a healer,a born leader.

His post match presser gave me hope, a direct message of intent.

He knows what he is doing.

Wonder goal and a soft hand ball (probably right call but you can bet if it was at the other end of the pitch it would not have been given).

Just unlucky. Wasn't meant to be. 

Hard one to take but on to the next one. 

Easy to say 'if we'd attacked them we'd have won' when in reality they could easily have exploited spaces and taken advantage like when Christie scored.  Ross County knocked them out the league Cup by doing what we did and taking advantage of their few chances, not charging at them.  They'll be looking at the second half and bemoaning not attacking us more.

It's fine margins in the first half.  If Berra gets slightly more on his first minute header or Naismith gets to the ball half a second quicker when Hazard is out we are in front and the game is completely different.  

Overall, we gave it a great effort and came as close as you can without winning it.  They've got more quality and ultimately it just told in the end.

Just now, Diego10 said:

Easy to say 'if we'd attacked them we'd have won' when in reality they could easily have exploited spaces and taken advantage like when Christie scored.  Ross County knocked them out the league Cup by doing what we did and taking advantage of their few chances, not charging at them.  They'll be looking at the second half and bemoaning not attacking us more.

It's fine margins in the first half.  If Berra gets slightly more on his first minute header or Naismith gets to the ball half a second quicker when Hazard is out we are in front and the game is completely different.  

Overall, we gave it a great effort and came as close as you can without winning it.  They've got more quality and ultimately it just told in the end.

No ones saying we should’ve charged about. Look at the difference when to a man we became braver and got closer.

We were hardly wide open. It was organised, controlled and clever.  

You’re right, you can lose a game being positive but I’d rather take my chances doing that than it being all too late which is quite often the case for teams who are too apprehensive initially.  

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Correct.

9 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Still a wee bit shocked at the surrealism of yesterday. Didn't think we would get so close. Proud of team. 

Proud and great memories of beating Sevco in the quarters, H1b5 (as we always do) in the semi and taking 'tic to the wire. But.......if only........

33 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

No ones saying we should’ve charged about. Look at the difference when to a man we became braver and got closer.

We were hardly wide open. It was organised, controlled and clever.  

You’re right, you can lose a game being positive but I’d rather take my chances doing that than it being all too late which is quite often the case for teams who are too apprehensive initially.  

This was not one of these games where you say , fk it, its a final, let's have a go from the off and hope we get lucky and don't end up taking a 6 nil skelping.

There was a reason for many wanting to have a go from the off, that reason, as we proved from the 46min onwards, is because Celtic are a poor side and vulnerable at the back.

46mins onwards was great, 0-45 mins was awful.

Weird one. Proud of them all but ultimately gutted about being 2 penalty kicks from beating them. Only had a couple of beers during the game just felt flat and still the same today. The footy on Boxing Day can’t come quick enough.

55 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wonder goal and a soft hand ball (probably right call but you can bet if it was at the other end of the pitch it would not have been given).

Just unlucky. Wasn't meant to be. 

Hard one to take but on to the next one. 

It was a definite penalty , just unlucky

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

It's hard to take especially with how much hatred was involved. Hatred of celtic, their manager, their captain, lawell,the spfl,the screwjob, the bbc team, martin o neill etc..but very happy with the performance. I have great faith in robbie neilson. I think he's going to do great things with hearts and is already doing great things free from the shackles of levein. 

I'm now fully behind anything that is anti celtic, thus I hope rangers will win the league and I'll be paying very close attention to the old firm game for the first time in a long time and perhaps celebrating any goals scored against celtic very passionately.

Similar to others - quite a range of feelings and obvious disappointment. Not a great night's sleep

Relief - that it didn't turn into something embarrassing after we went two nil down and were showing little in response

Pride - that we fought back so well and pushed or even shaded the Great Unwashed in the second half and extra time

Frustration and gut wrenching Disappointment - that we were so, so close and didn't make it

Anger - in the BBC's so ridiculous biased commentary. As others have said it was like Celtic TV

Disgust - at Brown's moronic behaviour and complete lack of sportsmanship. Such a bully, coward and pathetic person. Can only imagine what mincemeat John Cummings or Dave McKay would have made of him.  And seeing their orc-like manager revel in his undeserved victory

Optimism - for our future under Robbie

:flag2:

Too gutted to engage much. 

I will watch the second half which might be a peak level of performance. To finish the 90 minutes in control of the game and making chance after chance was impressive. 

Just hoping it's a staging post on the way to being at the top table in Scotland. 

About as sore a loss as we could have had. After 2-0 I gave up then the *******s gave me hope!!

Seriously though. Taking a step back, that should go down as one of the best examples of Scottish football. It was an absolutely thrilling match that just about had it all. For neutrals it must have been a great game. 

My hope is that we can guilt trip Kingsley into signing an extension now :D Although I'm really worried about Wighton, he's a confidence player and missing our last penalty in a cup final must be crushing. I hope McCulloch and Naisy are already getting into him about it not being about how you fall but how you get back up. If he bounces back from this mentally stronger, it could be the making of him. I can't think of a much lower place for a striker to be. So hopefully it fuels him rather than flattens. 

A final point, the commentary was absolutely offensive. I genuinely think Celtic TV might have given more heed to the appearance of impartiality. That was an absolute disgrace and an insult to us as a club. The BBC are defending it saying it was 'fair'. Completely an utterly delusional. 2 westcoast idiots that only wanted to talk about Celtic for 120 minutes. Lazy, pathetic and disrespectful, the club are due an apology IMO. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Too gutted to engage much. 

I will watch the second half which might be a peak level of performance. To finish the 90 minutes in control of the game and making chance after chance was impressive. 

Just hoping it's a staging post on the way to being at the top table in Scotland. 

Leave watching it for a few days mate, watch Robbie's presser though.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

This was not one of these games where you say , fk it, its a final, let's have a go from the off and hope we get lucky and don't end up taking a 6 nil skelping.

There was a reason for many wanting to have a go from the off, that reason, as we proved from the 46min onwards, is because Celtic are a poor side and vulnerable at the back.

46mins onwards was great, 0-45 mins was awful.

Agree.  I’m sure RN was as frustrated as we were during the 1st half. It’s difficult from the side of the park to really get to players and spark a response. He could only cajole and get to half time and go to work. 

I don’t think for a minute RN set out for us to be that cagey. Collectively the players hadn’t reacted to the occasion quick enough, bar one or two individuals. 

You seen Naismith get frustrated with Smith and others who seemed to be totally switched off to where they should be in relation to the ball as we tried to attack.  

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  I’m sure RN was as frustrated as we were during the 1st half. It’s difficult from the side of the park to really get to players and spark a response. He could only cajole and get to half time and go to work. 

I don’t think for a minute RN set out for us to be that cagey. Collectively the players hadn’t reacted to the occasion quick enough, bar one or two individuals. 

You seen Naismith get frustrated with Smith and others who seemed to be totally switched off to where they should be in relation to the ball as we tried to attack.  

Tbh Naismith looked like he was the only player to know what was supposed to happen the first half. What went on in training that led to 9 other professional outfield players looking lost and with zero spark that first half is worrying. Worryingly also was that the coaches on the sidelines could not seem to get the message across during the first half.

After halftime it all changed, there was purpose to our play, tempo, players knew where they should be and they played with a spring in their step,  total opposite of first half.

As well as Robbie having words at halftime (as the players deserved a rollocking no matter what the tactics were) i would hope that some of the senior players spoke out about how we approached that first half.

Whatever went on in dressing room at halftime worked for the rest of the game, whatever went on in the build up to the game, in how we would start and go about it, failed imo.

Still emotionally all over the place. 

Celtic fans noising me up on email today at work really got to me. It has intensified my already palpable hatred for Celtic. 

if there is one consolation this is literally the last couple of months we have to endure Lennon and Brown’s puss as they are finished and I am delighted ten in a row is not happening. I hope Rangers win it by 25 pts and I hate the success Celtic have had. 

However, there is little consolation in Losing two cup finals to them when we were arguably as good if not better than them. It’s hard to take. 

Watching the highlights there were a lot of good things but a lot of poor bits as well, with players not doing the right thing in key moments to take the game away from Celtic. Gordon constantly laying down at pens over his career is a bit annoying. Also Ginnelly before we equalised when he went through had an awful second touch...if he goes across the defender he scores or more likely Celtic player is red carded.  But I am nitpicking now. 

Today I am annoyed we are in the championship and it is embarrassing to be where we are. We absolutely must reestablish ourselves as the third force in Scotland. We should be finishing third, regularly getting to latter stages of cups and competing in Europe.  Let’s do this. 

Arthur Morgan

Still struggling to get over it tbh, I honestly feel if Kingsley had scored that penalty we would have went on to win it, as that had us at an advantage and would have put major pressure on Johnston to score their 4th. I always feel the team who goes first in a penalty shootout has the advantage, so to have it in our hands but let it go is a hard one to take.

Edited by Arthur Morgan