How are we doing the morning after

LeftBack

Gordon Ramsay
28 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Still raw. 

I really did think that was it when Gordon saved the pen. Our first 3 pens were solid, I thought our last 2 would follow suit.  

I thought that the fairytale was going to happen, a glorious comeback story that would almost be talked about more than our previous glory days. 

Over the years you watch football games from everywhere and see this happen for other teams. I really thought it was our moment.  

Same. 

How they always manage to squeak through beggars belief. Really thought we had them after Gordon's save. 

Feel a bit rank saying it but I hope Rangers win the league at a canter and pummel them into the ground. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Gambo

• Robbo-Jambo

Proud. After Palace's capitulation against Liverpool and Tier 4 in London probably had one of the worst Saturdays ever. At 2-0 down thought here we go again. What followed was a real performance and so close to glory. Ordered a Tiny Changes top last night in recognition of the performance and wore my Hearts top with pride on my run this morning with a spring in my step (even at my age!).

Onwards and upwards.

The only reason it got played was so the Celtic and the GFA could have another day in the spotlight. Pissed that we couldn't give Celtic, Lennon, Brown exactly what they deserve. 

Edited by jambopilms

Still raw but couldn't be prouder of the fight, spirit and togetherness to take it to the last kick of the game. We just move forward and push for the title and see if we can use that to motivate us for this seasons Scottish Cup - it's going to be the same boys and they'll hopefully have the desire to put it right.

1 minute ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Still raw but couldn't be prouder of the fight, spirit and togetherness to take it to the last kick of the game. We just move forward and push for the title and see if we can use that to motivate us for this seasons Scottish Cup - it's going to be the same boys and they'll hopefully have the desire to put it right.

That's where I am too. It has a feeling of the 90s about it when we kept chapping at the door against the hun until it opened.

Next time, they're getting it.

Feeling quite numb. Still cannot believe that penalties 4 and 5 weren't just walloped. That was such a great opportunity.

But very proud of the team and of the club in general. What a comeback (twice). Over the last 40 years I've seen plenty of instances where a Hearts team as folded.  It took real spine and spirit to get off the ropes at half-time.

My wee daughter isn't really into football... but she took a lot of lessons about not giving up. And I reckon she's getting to a place where Hearts are her team. 

If only.... but I've had plenty of "if onlys" since my first game. It's what makes the rollercoaster so compelling.

Onwards and upwards.  Let's get promoted. 

Living in Wales, the media here couldn't care less about the quadruple treble.  So that's nice.

Only Hearts. 

Still very raw.

Was trying to recall when I felt as gutted as yesterday, Airdrie Replay in 91 and the other semi against them in 95 when we knocked out the holders United and beat Rangers and I genuinely thought it was or year.

As others had said when Gordon saved the penalty I thought we would do it and it's going from that high to the low of losing.

Gutted but we'll be back

bigsuperslim1874

A bit gutted as we had that shower in our sights but proud we went ‘**** it’ and went for them. Absolutely no blame attached to Kingsley or Wighton...folk miss pens and both had big contributions over the 2 games to get us as far as the pens.

Lets focus on leathering Ayr now and get back to the top league so we can start dishing out beatings to a fair number of clubs. And the way things are going...I’d expect Celtic to be one of those clubs based on their regression.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

11 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

My wee daughter isn't really into football... but she took a lot of lessons about not giving up. And I reckon she's getting to a place where Hearts are her team. 

My mrs is a former rangers fan, an ST holder from childhood, her dad and grandad too for as long as anyone can remember. Her dad's on the edge of the inside, his name would be known to many of their fans.

But she hates the proddy unionist thing and turned her back on them years ago.

I've taken her to Tynie a couple of times, no pushing, you can't force these things.

But yesterday she was leaping about like a mental case at all the goals and shed a tear at the end.

We caught one

:verysmug:

Still a bit peeved as so badly wanted to beat that mob and stick it right up the GFA.

Delighted with the team after that poor first half, commentator having a wee juggle down below thinking it was going to be 5 or 6 a slight positive!!

38 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The only reason it got played was so the Celtic and the GFA could have another day in the spotlight. Pissed that we couldn't give Celtic, Lennon, Brown exactly what they deserve. 

This

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hungover. Was out with the dug and thought I was going to spew up. 

That's cos you hate the Hibs,  they make you spew up...

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

Didn’t sleep well.

We had it in our hands and I believed it was ours.

This one will haunt me for some time tbh.

Exactly how i feel.

We blew the best chance in my lifetime so far and probably ever whilst I am alive to beat them.

If anything good comes out of this it will be that Neilson realises fortune favours the brave and shitebaggery will inevitably bite you on the arse.

Still totally gutted.

18 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Still very raw.

Was trying to recall when I felt as gutted as yesterday, Airdrie Replay in 91 and the other semi against them in 95 when we knocked out the holders United and beat Rangers and I genuinely thought it was or year.

As others had said when Gordon saved the penalty I thought we would do it and it's going from that high to the low of losing.

Gutted but we'll be back

Yup... the Airdrie replay of 91 going to penalties.

I spent exactly ten years being traumatised by the 1988 semi-final.

All it did was reinforce my love for Hearts

Still extremely numb. It's been a while since I've experienced such a roller coaster of highs and lows in a single game that I can remember. Will take me a couple of days but I'm just glad we have Ayr on Saturday so we can focus on getting back into League Action, hopefully with a few more goals to our GF tally.

It's the hope that gets you.

Do you realise that across 90 minutes of normal time and 30 minutes extra time and into penalties we only actually led for a few seconds?

What a few seconds though 💔

Terrible.  Delighted with the attitude of the players but there's zero consolation in it.  We're not some minnow in their first cup final who's happy to have been there at all.  We've won cups so only wins are of any value.  We had that one won but it escaped us.  It would have eclipsed the other cup wins because of the circumstances and the history of being only the 2nd win from 2 goals down.  All up in smoke now.

Disappointed mainly. So, so close to what would have been such an historic comeback. I was sure we had it when Gordon saved the penalty. The only thing that will bother me for ever is that Kingsley made it so obvious where he was going to put his penalty, and in the cold light of day, yes it was brave of Wighton to take one, but he never looked like he was going to score. And when Ajer stepped up, why, oh why did Gordon not just stand still - that penalty was always just going to be smashed down the middle.

But it's history now, so back to getting out of the championship and once more into the world's most uncompetitive, mismanaged and pointless football premier league....

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Floridajambo said:

Disappointed mainly. So, so close to what would have been such an historic comeback. I was sure we had it when Gordon saved the penalty. The only thing that will bother me for ever is that Kingsley made it so obvious where he was going to put his penalty, and in the cold light of day, yes it was brave of Wighton to take one, but he never looked like he was going to score. And when Ajer stepped up, why, oh why did Gordon not just stand still - that penalty was always just going to be smashed down the middle.

But it's history now, so back to getting out of the championship and once more into the world's most uncompetitive, mismanaged and pointless football premier league....

Spot on, Gordon himself during the week said he’s only saved 3 penalties in his career. He guessed wrong on 4 out of 6 with guys that used to take them against him in training. 

So close but yet so far, as the saying goes. Feel a bit better now I’ve had a shower. 🥴

Hopefully the team picks itself up off the floor quickly and gets on with the job of getting back in the top flight. 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Haunted by first 45mins.

Delighted with way we went about it after that.

Never get a better chance v Celtic.

Onto Ayr game now.

There will be better chances, hopefully in this seasons Scottish cup.  Our time will come.

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I Woke myself up a few times during the night with the picture of Kingsley pen being saved Gutted but proud of the team .

Me too.  Went over our two misses a million times.  Gutted for all the boys, but they made us proud. 

As odd as it sounds looking at the devastation felt by some of our players at the end gives me hope for the future.

Some of the charlatans who have modelled the jersey the last few seasons wouldn’t have give a ****

SectionDJambo

The last 2 penalties were poorly taken, as was Christie's. After the save from Craig Gordon it felt like it might be our day. But we shouldn't be too critical of the saved penalties. The best players in the world have failed to score in such a high pressure situation. Remember Baggio at the World Cup? 

Hitting them hard, anywhere on target, was the thing to do, going by the success of our first 3 kicks.

When, though, are goalkeepers going to just stand in the middle and wait on the shot straight down the middle. So many players do it now, certainly more than years ago, when the goalkeeper could dive and have a 50/50 chance of at least getting close. I reckon it would completely unnerve the players taking penalties, because they'll look foolish if the shot goes straight into the goalkeepers' hands.

For those of us who are frustrated at Celtic always winning big games against us, have a think about 2012, when we did to them as they had been doing to us for years. Then the celebration by Beattie. 😁

We'll have our day again. And remember who we stopped getting there for the final. That's got to be some consolation, because there is a chance they could have won against Celtic, with the luck they've carried this season. 

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The last 2 penalties were poorly taken, as was Christie's. After the save from Craig Gordon it felt like it might be our day. But we shouldn't be too critical of the saved penalties. The best players in the world have failed to score in such a high pressure situation. Remember Baggio at the World Cup? 

Hitting them hard, anywhere on target, was the thing to do, going by the success of our first 3 kicks.

When, though, are goalkeepers going to just stand in the middle and wait on the shot straight down the middle. So many players do it now, certainly more than years ago, when the goalkeeper could dive and have a 50/50 chance of at least getting close. I reckon it would completely unnerve the players taking penalties, because they'll look foolish if the shot goes straight into the goalkeepers' hands.

For those of us who are frustrated at Celtic always winning big games against us, have a think about 2012, when we did to them as they had been doing to us for years. Then the celebration by Beattie. 😁

We'll have our day again. And remember who we stopped getting there for the final. That's got to be some consolation, because there is a chance they could have won against Celtic, with the luck they've carried this season. 

To be fair they didn’t carry much luck against us. :whistling:

42 minutes ago, RobboM said:

It's the hope that gets you.

Do you realise that across 90 minutes of normal time and 30 minutes extra time and into penalties we only actually led for a few seconds?

What a few seconds though 💔

This is it. I was actually fairly relaxed before the game and it was only around the last few minutes of normal time I suddenly became a nervous wreck. 

I've got better at dealing with these setbacks as I've got older but no getting away from it - it's a very sore one as it would have been a sensational result.

It's gone now though and I just hope that yesterday has made these players hungry to get back to a cup final asap.

Bazzas right boot

As a Hearts fan I'm used to it. 

Got to the point now were I don't think we'll win until it's over. Far too many should haves and close calls in the past. Far too many. 

Once Gordon saved the pk, first thing I said was we need to score the next one, and when he missed I knew then it was ****ed. 

Really proud of the performance. We go again until the next success/ heart ache. 

Not down about the result to be honest. 

Would have been good to win but the whole last seasons cup played this season is a bit meh for me. 

more upbeat about the attitude and effort and the future. Totally agree that we have a couple of players that are internally  light on the necessary fight. This season we’ve not lost against two of the supposed best 4 teams in the country despite a later start and not splashing any cash. So how to I feel. #optimistic 

Darkest before the dawn etc. We will win another cup in the very near future. 

For now though let’s concentrate on obliterating every team in our league. Starting with with these welts on Boxing Day. Then make sure we get back to Hampden in the summer. 

This will still be an enjoyable season which will include the extra bonus of watching Lennon and Browns tears and snotters when they blow 10iar. Always something to look forward to!

18 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I'm partly Italian and yesterday was as as gutted as I can remember being from a penalty shootout since that day 26 years ago. Franco Baresi - another brilliant player, also missed a penalty that day.

The thing is, Ajer's penalty yesterday was a nervy one in its own way - as he just smashed it down the middle. But at least when you hit it with power it always has a decent chance of beating the keeper. No blame attached to Kinglsey or Wighton though - virtually all of the top players have missed at least a couple of penalties.

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Exactly this final was played for these b.........s      and that commentator yesterday couldn't kiss celtics arse any more if he tried ! Diabolical commentary.....

It was like something out of Hollywood until the Kingsley miss. I thought our name was on it at 2-2. Big Zal was looking down on us. 

Definitely the worst defeat I've felt in my 30 odd years supporting Hearts. The only thing helping right now is that it's still only a fraction of what they would've felt after 5-1.

Proud of the boys though, I don't think any other team in Scotland (even Rangers) would've bounced back from 2 down against them. 

Gutted still to be honest, we’ve had some sore results in cup finals I’m my time but that’s got to be the worse man. After the year we’ve just had and everything that’s went against us when Gordon saved that Christie pen I thought beyond doubt the cup was coming back to gorgie ( should have known better ) the players need to learn from this though, failure is one of life’s great motivators, hopefully they never want to feel like that ever again and next time we get the job done 🇱🇻

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I Woke myself up a few times during the night with the picture of Kingsley pen being saved Gutted but proud of the team .

Replayed the two missed pens over and over in my head last night. 

Not a lot of sleep was to be had. 

Disappointed still, of course, but very much looking forward to the future both in the short and long term. 

For me, despite the outcome, yesterday finally saw us shake off the lethargy, mediocrity and downright awfulness of Craig Levein's Hearts.

The new coaching staff can now take the club forward and I believe there are good times ahead.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Terrible.  Delighted with the attitude of the players but there's zero consolation in it.  We're not some minnow in their first cup final who's happy to have been there at all.  We've won cups so only wins are of any value.  We had that one won but it escaped us.  It would have eclipsed the other cup wins because of the circumstances and the history of being only the 2nd win from 2 goals down.  All up in smoke now.

This man gets it.