• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Gambo

• Robbo-Jambo

Really gutted.  For once in my lifetime I want to see us win one of the big moments against Celtic.  For a while yesterday it brought back the hurt of 1986.  It's more about beating them than actually winning the cup.  

Horatio Caine

Still gutted.  The team deserved better and I doubt whether anyone will give Celtic a harder contest this season.  Well done boys!  Now to the primary task of smashing the Championship.

The Treasurer

Still feeling gutted but then I remember that today, like every day, I am a Hearts fan.

Cup or no cup, I wouldn't swap places with any of that scum for one single second

Over it. Disappointed in that it would have been a massive GIRFUY to those scumbags and Doncaster but it was always a farce that the cup was continued, and I'd have thought that even if we'd won.  Easiest final defeat for me to forget about though.

A bit down. I doubt we will play a worse Celtic side for many years.

Still fuming at the BBC. They probably wouldn't have even shown us lift the cup.

Pleased the team can actually compete at that level, which will make it worse when we struggle against the likes of Allow.

I'm all over the place.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quiet, exhausted,  didn't get to sleep well. 

I really was not looking forward to the game until I woke up yesterday, surprised to feel so jaded this morning.

Relief I feel emotionally invested still, but sad.

Better get over it quick, Lachlan needs a Boxing Day punching 

Sore throat...

Going forward, we need to apply the same intensity and focus that we showed in the 2nd half and extra time to EVERY game from now on.

Thought Police

I slept terribly to be honest. I really feel for the players, and all the fans who deserved a joyous moment.

I always kind of thought Brown was a bit of a panto villain, the kind of guy who switches as soon as he leaves the pitch, but he is an utter scumbag and I detest the success he’s been allowed to have.

Hope Rangers win the league by 45 points.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Can't fault the 2nd half performance and extra time. Unbelievably proud and gutted, this team showed more bottle than almost any other Hearts team I can remember. But aye, gutted.

ToadKiller Dog

Still a bit gutted a wee bit annoyed ,but pride in that cup run a glimpse of where we should be .

We are the prime roller coaster team ,nobody is like us thats for sure .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Still feeling gutted but then I remember that today, like every day, I am a Hearts fan.

Cup or no cup, I wouldn't swap places with any of that scum for one single second

That's where I'm at. Still feeling sick about it but would never swap places with that shower. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Still a bit gutted a wee bit annoyed ,but pride in that cup run a glimpse of where we should be .

We are the prime roller coaster team ,nobody is like us thats for sure .

Exactly 100%,

Do ya  want to go round again? 

Too right I do the ups and downs of football is what makes the good times sweeter

We will be back 

1 hour ago, LeftBack said:

Still a wee bit shocked at the surrealism of yesterday. Didn't think we would get so close. Proud of team. 

Just thinking how close we were, 2 more penalty kicks in the net would have done it.

Team did us proud so time to move on, a big win on saturday will do me.

Fire_At_The_Disco

If we had went 4-2 on pens we wouldn’t be having this convo....can’t forgive that soppy pen by Wighton tbh...absolutely powder puff. He went from zero to sub zero in my estimations.

Over it already. Should never have been played.

Media and Celtic got what they wanted.

Thought we were dead at half time. Very impressed with fight shown. Application and attitude by most.

On to Saturday

Pretty gutted. Being proud is all well and good but ultimately we had the cup within our grasp and two powder puff pens ruined it  

The boys don’t deserve our scorn but it is gutting. I can’t help feeling that way 

Gutted - but for the following. At half time though we were getting gubbed. Doing what we did in second half then extra time, I really believed we would win the penalties. Really proud of team but also really sad at mo 

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

If we had went 4-2 on pens we wouldn’t be having this convo....can’t forgive that soppy pen by Wighton tbh...absolutely powder puff. He went from zero to sub zero in my estimations.

Kingsley's pen was before Wighton's. Score that, more pressure on the Celtic player. 

I'm not a fan of Wighton generally but his pens had been decent up to yesterday.

been here before

Over it.

Disappointed it didnt happen but whats done is done. Should have and could have won it but didnt. First 45 aside the team cant be faulted.

Onto the Ayr game now.

kingantti1874

Happy with the performance, proved that we are in a false position..

devastated becuase I thought if it went to pens we would win it 100% .  Didn’t even contemplate losing 

hope the players are angry and and we take it out on Ayr 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I still feel we were team that deserved to win that and the images of the misses near the end of the 90 and the pens are still very raw.

One thing is for sure I will never listen to a Liam McLeod commentary again in my life, hope he choked on his Celtic celebratory drink last night.

I was convinced the team were told just to smash the pens after the first three. Do we reckon Kingsley and Wighton didn’t listen to instructions?

Edited by AlimOzturk

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Kingsley's pen was before Wighton's. Score that, more pressure on the Celtic player. 

I'm not a fan of Wighton generally but his pens had been decent up to yesterday.

Ah see my memory of the pens is fading already, nothing to do with the lager consumed. Just a bit gutted, but also proud of the 2nd half and et performance. 

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The game is full of ‘if only’ 

If only we hadn’t stood off them for most of the first half.

if only Ginelly had a wee bit more composure with his 3 chances

If only we had powered the 2 missed penalties instead of placing them.

Any one of those ‘if only’ moments falls in our favour and we’d have won the cup.

it was a great performance from half time onwards. Just very fine margins let us down. 

We move on, not disgraced. Very good performance and come back against a team that would have thrashed us by half time on another day.

we need to make that disappointment work for us now and not against us. It was a far better performance and a far closer game than I really expected.

Edited by JimmyCant

Still raw. 

I really did think that was it when Gordon saved the pen. Our first 3 pens were solid, I thought our last 2 would follow suit.  

I thought that the fairytale was going to happen, a glorious comeback story that would almost be talked about more than our previous glory days. 

Over the years you watch football games from everywhere and see this happen for other teams. I really thought it was our moment.  

Салатные палочки

A bit down now I am on my own in work.  Didn't really get the chance yesterday to think about it much as I switched it off immediately after their penalty and with a two year old running about I couldn't really mope around.  

However, now I am just thinking what if.  What if Gino had taken the chances he had?  What if Halkett had got that header on target?  What if Kingsley had have put the laces through that penalty?  What if we had started the game having a go at them like the second half?  Any of them and we would be cup winners today.  

On the whole though I am proud of the team yesterday.  We know what a performance that side can put in and I hope we now go out and destroy the championship, avenge that horrible defeat to Dunfermline and put those arseholes Ayr in their place starting Boxing Day.   

Absolutely love this club.  

I was taking a fairly pragmatic view on things yesterday. Pride at the fact we ran them so close in a very exciting game etc. This morning I'm pretty gutted. Detest the media coverage of Celtic and in particular, Lennon and Brown. Wish our MSM would call out Brown's antics. He's a disgrace to the game and a horrible example to any kids watching yesterday. 

Gutted. The first 45 mins really killed us. Did really well to come back in the second half and onwards though, so credit to Neilson & co for that. 

Need to kick on and look into the future for the next few games and the January transfer window. Focus on bringing in a first choice centre back, left winger and a striker, whilst getting rid of the obvious dead wood 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Still raw. 

I really did think that was it when Gordon saved the pen. Our first 3 pens were solid, I thought our last 2 would follow suit.  

I thought that the fairytale was going to happen, a glorious comeback story that would almost be talked about more than our previous glory days. 

Over the years you watch football games from everywhere and see this happen for other teams. I really thought it was our moment.  

This. So close to one of the greatest moments in the history of the club. I even had the feeling that one more penalty would probably do it for us - with Gordon then saving their fifth - but we’ll never know.

3 minutes ago, Jambo_Lambo said:

I was taking a fairly pragmatic view on things yesterday. Pride at the fact we ran them so close in a very exciting game etc. This morning I'm pretty gutted. Detest the media coverage of Celtic and in particular, Lennon and Brown. Wish our MSM would call out Brown's antics. He's a disgrace to the game and a horrible example to any kids watching yesterday. 

A 16 year old had him in his back pocket and he had to get him back with a potential career ending tackle.  He couldn't try and out play him, or give it back of it was a bit of verbal, he had to he the hardman with a laddie.  Stuff the effort that the player and his family had out in to get him there, he had a pound t to prove.   Nice guy off the pitch means nothing if he is deliberately going to hurt and injure 16 year old ladies. The SMSM media just see it as part of 'broonies' character rather than call him out for it.   

Look at the clown yesterday.  Wouldn't know decorum if it slapped him in the mouth.  

Who acts like that after winning his 12 trophies in a row?  

There is a missed diagnosis with that idiot.  

Scottie Wanshot.

The team gave everything, once January comes Robbie will know that we badly need a centre back and a good forward, and a couple of players need to go.

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, LeftBack said:

Still a wee bit shocked at the surrealism of yesterday. Didn't think we would get so close. Proud of team. 

Pretty gutted to be honest. Gutted and thoroughly pissed off.  The happy clappy "proud of the team" stuff isn't really helping either.

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Really gutted.  For once in my lifetime I want to see us win one of the big moments against Celtic.  For a while yesterday it brought back the hurt of 1986.  It's more about beating them than actually winning the cup.  

This is where I'm at.

Gutted still. Thought we were in for a tanking when we went two nil down. What resilience and strength of character the players showed though to claw it back and then claw it back again. Proud of the team, proud of this club. Sure our best days are yet to come. HHGH.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

This

Proud but pretty gutted the more I think about it. They were on the ropes and it was well within our grasp.

Two moments running through my head, the Gino miss at end of 90 and Kingsley penalty.

But as I say, proud how well we did after half time.

Still absolutely gutted. We came close to stopping the treble treble and even closer to stopping the quad treble. As it is, we didn’t. This is life as a Hearts fan. We won’t beat the old firm too often and of the times that we do, only a handful in a lifetime will be in a cup final. When Gordon saved I guess we all just thought it was going to be one of those times but **** it. It’s done now.