• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Gambo

• Robbo-Jambo

5 hours ago, edramone said:

Reminder the semi in 88 against Celtic? Feels alot like I felt after that!

I was thinking that yesterday. Gutted walking away from that match thinking we would never win the thing. 

Nelly Terraces

Didn't think I'd feel as bad as this but I'm still spewing at Sundays final outcome. Defeat from the jaws of victory, the Hearts way. Gutted doesn't do it justice.

On top of that, still ****ing raging at what was literally the Celtic propaganda show that was the Glasgow Broadcasting Corporation coverage. It was shameless. Time we told these kants to bolt from Tynecastle, old firm cocktail sucking slime.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Didn't think I'd feel as bad as this but I'm still spewing at Sundays final outcome. Defeat from the jaws of victory, the Hearts way. Gutted doesn't do it justice.

On top of that, still ****ing raging at what was literally the Celtic propaganda show that was the Glasgow Broadcasting Corporation coverage. It was shameless. Time we told these kants to bolt from Tynecastle, old firm cocktail sucking slime.

Correct Nelly that's why I was so willing the lads to turn the manky mob over

Gordon Ramsay

Pain still lingering. Will be with me for a while this one. Don't think I will ever forget the feeling of hope when CG saved, to have it snatched away like that was just so cruel. 

They will get their comeuppance one day. Rangers stopping 10 in a row is a start but I'd like us to drive a stake through their heart at some point in my life. 

20 hours ago, OTT said:

About as sore a loss as we could have had. After 2-0 I gave up then the *******s gave me hope!!

Seriously though. Taking a step back, that should go down as one of the best examples of Scottish football. It was an absolutely thrilling match that just about had it all. For neutrals it must have been a great game. 

My hope is that we can guilt trip Kingsley into signing an extension now :D Although I'm really worried about Wighton, he's a confidence player and missing our last penalty in a cup final must be crushing. I hope McCulloch and Naisy are already getting into him about it not being about how you fall but how you get back up. If he bounces back from this mentally stronger, it could be the making of him. I can't think of a much lower place for a striker to be. So hopefully it fuels him rather than flattens. 

A final point, the commentary was absolutely offensive. I genuinely think Celtic TV might have given more heed to the appearance of impartiality. That was an absolute disgrace and an insult to us as a club. The BBC are defending it saying it was 'fair'. Completely an utterly delusional. 2 westcoast idiots that only wanted to talk about Celtic for 120 minutes. Lazy, pathetic and disrespectful, the club are due an apology IMO. 

Apartently it's not just Jambos bombarding BBC.  Neutrals watching the game picked up on this as well.   But BBC are like the Tory party, never admit they got it wrong.

2 days on and my initial feelings of pride for the way we fought back from that first half disaster have been replaced with feelings of sheer disappointment at the way we blew it right at the end. I'm still proud of the way we came back but we had it in our hands after Craig Gordon's save and who knows when we'll have another chance like that. After Kingsley's miss I was quite happy that Wighton stepped up to take the 5th one. He scored a cracker of a penalty earlier on in the season when he rifled it into the bottom corner. The keeper guessed right that day but still couldn't get anywhere near it and I can't for the life of think why he didn't just do that again. 

Feeling quite proud today albeit little disappointed. This one is by the easiest to get over. Onwards and upwards as they say.  Lets concentrate on pissing all over this league and there is still this season's cup to go for too. HHGH FTH OFGTF SPFLGTF

To add to the above, my work's sellick fan admitted he didn't watch the game because he has no confidence in their keeper. He thought we'd might win it and doesn't like ginger pus at all.

Edited by Marvin

For some reason I’m slightly less devastated about this final than I was after last year’s, although it’s a close-run thing. Should probably be the other way round.

On the plus side, it’s clear that Craig Gordon now has an intense dislike of that vile institution. A pity he sullied himself by going there in the fist place, but I know he had his career to think about.

On the downside my delayed hangover, which didn’t kick in until yesterday evening, is still raging. Kids: don’t grow old.

Its Wednesday 23rd December, 3 days after the final, im still gutted, well and truly gutted.

If it wasnt Hearts on Sunday, the same outcome would have happened to any other team, I can only ask why ? Why does Lady Luck abandon the smaller clubs and place her fortunate powers on that lot ? Whether you believe in luck or not you have to admit they are jammy *******s. 

Umpteen trophies they have won over the years... any chance a smaller club could take a shot of the silverware ? 

Picture the scene, Robbie Neilson and his band of Merry men standing on a window ledge high up in the sky, opposite him stands Neil Lennon and his band of poor unfortunates, both squads fall off the ledge, guess who falls up the way. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Its Wednesday 23rd December, 3 days after the final, im still gutted, well and truly gutted.

If it wasnt Hearts on Sunday, the same outcome would have happened to any other team, I can only ask why ? Why does Lady Luck abandon the smaller clubs and place her fortunate powers on that lot ? Whether you believe in luck or not you have to admit they are jammy *******s. 

Umpteen trophies they have won over the years... any chance a smaller club could take a shot of the silverware ? 

Picture the scene, Robbie Neilson and his band of Merry men standing on a window ledge high up in the sky, opposite him stands Neil Lennon and his band of poor unfortunates, both squads fall off the ledge, guess who falls up the way. 

Unfortunately    lady luck did not miss the penalties. If before the game we had 2pens to win the cup we'd have taken it.  Tho I do agree with your sentiments

On 22/12/2020 at 02:46, edramone said:

Reminder the semi in 88 against Celtic? Feels alot like I felt after that!

Think that game and Sunday were the joint second moments of despair watching Hearts for me. 

Standing on the terraces at Dens in 86 will never be surpassed for pain. 

****** hope not anyway 😕

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think that game and Sunday were the joint second moments of despair watching Hearts for me. 

Standing on the terraces at Dens in 86 will never be surpassed for pain. 

****** hope not anyway 😕

Hard to think it will be. 😕

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic is the issue. 

A chance emerged to put one over. 

However when I thought things through pens can go wrong at any point, half chances for Ginnelly and Halkett,  but Celtic missed chances too.

Glad there are games aplenty not to stew on it, and still believe it was weirdest of cups in any case 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Celtic is the issue. 

A chance emerged to put one over. 

However when I thought things through pens can go wrong at any point, half chances for Ginnelly and Halkett,  but Celtic missed chances too.

Glad there are games aplenty not to stew on it, and still believe it was weirdest of cups in any case 

I agree with you.

We are in it to win it, so we suffer the disappointment and build from the experience and what we gained.

All of us were on edge before during and still are afterward, this is a game that people will talk about for a generation.

I am hoping it is because it gave us invaluable knowledge and we gained a lot of admirers because of how we fought.

Where we are and where we want to be.

HHGH

My sons celtic supporting pal said, dont worry you Hearts supporters will get over it in a week - Sons reply "I dont think so my Dad hasn't got over Hearts losing the League to Kilmarnock on the last day of the season in 1965!!"

Fluorescent Adolescent

Had a bit of a scare recently with my youngest daughter. Longest few weeks of my life. Found out on Tuesday it’s nothing sinister.

Sunday, as much as it may seem so, doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Ok we lost, however:

Did we get humiliated.....no

Did we match up to them.....yes

Were they the better side......no

Did they deserve it.....no.

Penalties are a lottery and luck was not on our side......however remember the Gretna final......that could easily have went against us. To lose to that lot always hurts, I feel very proud of our team and that for me is some consolation.......as others have said we need to dust ourselves down and go again. HHGH!!.

14 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I agree with you.

We are in it to win it, so we suffer the disappointment and build from the experience and what we gained.

All of us were on edge before during and still are afterward, this is a game that people will talk about for a generation.

I am hoping it is because it gave us invaluable knowledge and we gained a lot of admirers because of how we fought.

Where we are and where we want to be.

HHGH

Oh yes, that game will indeed be talked about for a long, long time although I suspect it'll only be Hearts fans that'll give a damn about how we competed or have any perspective on our travails in the preceeding months; not to mention the outrageous disadvantage to which we were put by a seemingly free-spending Celtic who were competing in Europe and the top-flight whilst we were languishing unjustly in the championship, scratching around for free transfers, and even prevented from training at one point. Nah, all that the pundits etc will talk about is the (meaningless and gained by manipulation) historic, never to be repeated acheivement by the worthy winners.

Anyhoo, my morning after was characterized by a bit of a sair heid and a genuine feeling of disappointment rather than anything more destructive. As for match day I certainly wasn't on edge prior to the game; just looking forward to it as per usual, full of optimism and belief. So, with this in mind, I started the day much as I usually would although it was a bit eerie being entirely on my own in and around the environs of Tynecastle at a time when normally for a Hampden match it would be buzzing. Then I tried my best to conjure up some atmosphere at home with various renditions of the Hearts song, some classy drinks, and generally having a quiet laugh at how we were being dismissed by the know-all pundits. I enjoyed the match and was, like I imagine everyone else, punching the air when Gordon saved that penalty. We all know what happened next! Post-match antics I'll keep to myself! ☺

Here are a few photos by way of illustration:-

1. Cup Final Day 07:47, Tynecastle Park.
2. Cup Final Day 07:57 at a lockdown & boarded up Stratties for an (imaginary) early morning dram-fest and sing-song whilst the Hibs are in their beds.
3. Cup Final Day continues by mimicing Hampden by having two ends of the telly. This is the Celtic end ... 🤮
4. ... And this is the Hearts end. ❤❤G❤

20201224_103507.jpg

20201224_103539.jpg

20201224_103603.jpg

20201224_103629.jpg

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

My sons celtic supporting pal said, dont worry you Hearts supporters will get over it in a week - Sons reply "I dont think so my Dad hasn't got over Hearts losing the League to Kilmarnock on the last day of the season in 1965!!"

He has a point. 

46 minutes ago, micole said:

Ok we lost, however:

Did we get humiliated.....no

Did we match up to them.....yes

Were they the better side......no

Did they deserve it.....no.

Penalties are a lottery and luck was not on our side......however remember the Gretna final......that could easily have went against us. To lose to that lot always hurts, I feel very proud of our team and that for me is some consolation.......as others have said we need to dust ourselves down and go again. HHGH!!.

Abdolutely. 🇱🇻

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oh yes, that game will indeed be talked about for a long, long time although I suspect it'll only be Hearts fans that'll give a damn about how we competed or have any perspective on our travails in the preceeding months; not to mention the outrageous disadvantage to which we were put by a seemingly free-spending Celtic who were competing in Europe and the top-flight whilst we were languishing unjustly in the championship, scratching around for free transfers, and even prevented from training at one point. Nah, all that the pundits etc will talk about is the (meaningless and gained by manipulation) historic, never to be repeated acheivement by the worthy winners.

Anyhoo, my morning after was characterized by a bit of a sair heid and a genuine feeling of disappointment rather than anything more destructive. As for match day I certainly wasn't on edge prior to the game; just looking forward to it as per usual, full of optimism and belief. So, with this in mind, I started the day much as I usually would although it was a bit eerie being entirely on my own in and around the environs of Tynecastle at a time when normally for a Hampden match it would be buzzing. Then I tried my best to conjure up some atmosphere at home with various renditions of the Hearts song, some classy drinks, and generally having a quiet laugh at how we were being dismissed by the know-all pundits. I enjoyed the match and was, like I imagine everyone else, punching the air when Gordon saved that penalty. We all know what happened next! Post-match antics I'll keep to myself! ☺

2. Cup Final Day 07:57 at a lockdown & boarded up Stratties for an (imaginary) early morning dram-fest and sing-song whilst the Hibs are in their beds.
3. Cup Final Day continues by mimicing Hampden by having two ends of the telly. This is the Celtic end ... 🤮

20201224_103507.jpg

20201224_103539.jpg

20201224_103603.jpg

20201224_103629.jpg

Ha, well done. 👍

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

20201224_103507.jpg

20201224_103539.jpg

20201224_103603.jpg

20201224_103629.jpg

Mickey is on the ball, will he pass it.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

My Mother hasn't got over 1966.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

He has a point. 

I was at that game also Dave, 16 years old, couldn't even go to the pub afterwards to drown my sorrows.😖

Just now, bairdy said:

I was at that game also Dave, 16 years old, couldn't even go to the pub afterwards to drown my sorrows.😖

My first ever match, 8 years old.   My old man took me ( mum insisted we were in the main stand ) to see Hearts win the league. 

They’re both gone and I’m still waiting. ☹️

3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

1965, 1986, 2020.  :banghead:

On 22/12/2020 at 13:58, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pain still lingering. Will be with me for a while this one. Don't think I will ever forget the feeling of hope when CG saved, to have it snatched away like that was just so cruel. 

They will get their comeuppance one day. Rangers stopping 10 in a row is a start but I'd like us to drive a stake through their heart at some point in my life. 

Where I'm at, hopefully at some point in my lifetime Hearts get one over these ###kers, they have inflicted so much pain over the years, just once would love to see us beat them on goal difference for the league, or beat them scoring a last minute winner in a cup final, 2012 semi final was as good as it gets, against that mob, my hate towards that club, grows every season. 

FTC