Nothing to be ashamed of, hold heads high, fair criticism

gashauskis9

So proud to be Hearts and so proud of the fight in us, to come back after that first half and to keep coming back. Gutted at the penalties but not at our team or our management. It’s been a ***** year, but we are back with a hard working and fighting side. Only hearts.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Ramsay

• gashauskis9

• Ainsley Harriott

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Let them spunk over their quadruple treble. We pushed them to the limits.

Yas. Bang on mate. So proud of our team. They will be glad we had penalty takers who thought they are Messi (which I am upset about) bit well Done Hearts. Their celebration will have a cloud over it.

Ainsley Harriott
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yas. Bang on mate. So proud of our team. They will be glad we had penalty takers who thought they are Messi (which I am upset about) bit well Done Hearts. Their celebration will have a cloud over it.

100% spot on. The mentatality of our team has improved massively to come back twice against them

Ainsley Harriott
26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wighton absolutely telegraphed it. 

Kingstons stupid two step run up. 

Larry would have scored

I don’t think wighton would have been nominated to take any of the first 5 penalties but when Halliday and Boyce were injured he just moved up the list. It’ll be hard for him to win the fans back after that effort though. 

I wasn’t able to watch as I’ve had the bairns all morning and didn’t have a workable stream anyway, so I was only able to check in via the updates. As such I’m obviously clueless as to what we looked like on the pitch.

I’ll say this: When I saw the halftime score of 2-0, it took me back to following another Scottish Cup game against Celtic via live blog in 2013, when the HT score was 3-0. Granted that was the administration-handcuffed team under Locke but our form to start the year had been good and I’d had some hope of catching them napping. Folk here probably remember that went on to end an utterly gut-churning 7-0 with them romping all over the park.

So when I saw 2-0, I braced myself for an even uglier second half. The first thing I saw when I got a chance to check was that Celtic had won but their fans were still livid. The best I expected was a nervy 2-1 win for them. The notion that we had fought back twice to level it and had taken the lead on pens was heartbreaking but also inspiring. The Guardian’s comments are chock full of tips of the hat to Hearts from neutrals tuning in, impressed with our fight-back.

Scotland’s Euro berth notwithstanding, pens are such a shite way to decide such a contest. I am gutted Naisy wasn’t the one hoisting the cup, but I have so much hope for this rebuilding team.

Gorgie Boot boy

The players we have will be their own critics, the result will not sit or go down well in the dressing room.

Nothing to be ashamed about.

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

2nd half and extra time were excellent.

First half we were good as well, only a dodgy pen and great strike stopped it from being excellent as well.😁

Agreed, also thought Celtic  were excellent first half with their press. We stood up to it well. 
Christies strike was great but he only got the chance because of a ricochet off Whites head. 

4 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I don’t think wighton would have been nominated to take any of the first 5 penalties but when Halliday and Boyce were injured he just moved up the list. It’ll be hard for him to win the fans back after that effort though. 

Can only assume Halkett didn’t want to take one. 

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

But we were just two penalties away from victory.  Why these two players decided to place their kicks instead of leathering the ball, I'll never know. 

Especially the way the first three were smashed in. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, also thought Celtic  were excellent first half with their press. We stood up to it well. 
Christies strike was great but he only got the chance because of a ricochet off Whites head. 

Celtic were poor first half, they didn't need to be better than that though in the 1st half.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I will freely admit that events of the last year had sickened me, I've struggled to get motivated,  I'd lost a lot of heart. 

Today I found my true love all over again 

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Son as i saw Kingsley with the short run up, i shut my eyes.

Tremendous performance from the boys couldn't be more proud.

Wighton was a poor choice I think. Halkett or Haring maybe, but nitpicking.

Great to see that magnificent fighting spirit.

Short run ups at pens is my pet hate - too much pressure for Wighton to take one but 2 great fightbacks, 2 poor penalties and a great effort after poor first half

You’ve got to a laugh at anyone being remotely negative. We were out of it after being 2-0 down and came back into it and in the end probably should have won. Proud of them 100%, gutting of course, but I ****ing love this club. We will win the cup again sooner than people think 

Everybody Loves Baz!

Never have I needed to be beaten in a Final by that lot to come on here and say that.

Always been proud to be a Heart of Midlothian Supporter.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If Ginnelly had started in place of Walker we would have won that. 

Probably.  Ditto, a fully fit Haring.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Never have I needed to be beaten in a Final by that lot to come on here and say that.

Always been proud to be a Heart of Midlothian Supporter.

I am proud of you.

HHGH

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

The coach  should ensure in future that no penalties should be side footed or short run ups. They should be putting  laces through the ball.  

Hear hear -no more short run ups please

18Jambo_dave74

Between the semi final and today I really couldn’t ask for any more. 

Just feel absolutely gutted. Celtic really don’t deserve the trophies that they get with the way they carry on, all pretty meaningless when it comes to them.

Hibs take pride in Scottish Cup losses to thier inbred cousins. I cannot take any pride in losing to that shite Celtic team. They were there for the taking and Neilson shit the bed. So much riding on this, revenge, doing it for zal, shoving it up these ***** but we come away the gallant losers. I feel ****ing sick. 

vlad on the tyne

Gutted but that's supporting hearts for ye. Lucky to have seen them win that trophy 3 times after thinking it would never happen. 

Credit to the lads. Big effort and loads of desire something as a hearts fan I always want to see. 

Gorgie Boot boy
18 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Hibs take pride in Scottish Cup losses to thier inbred cousins. I cannot take any pride in losing to that shite Celtic team. They were there for the taking and Neilson shit the bed. So much riding on this, revenge, doing it for zal, shoving it up these ***** but we come away the gallant losers. I feel ****ing sick. 

Hearts have played their part in so many events this year, the fact we had such a great chance is gutting but it was there for us to take.

Playing in the Christmas cup final was an extraordinary achievement for our club this year.

We lost the game, i believe we won a lot of respect considering all things go ahead with the best sides Scotland has to offer

Three games against Rangers VERMIN and today's loss  against a side who had a lot to prove.

Some may say that they have lost any chance this season of winning the Cheat league, not me the prizes are handed out at the end of the competition.

We are one of the finest football clubs in the world, have a great set up and football stadium.

Everything is laid out in front of us, this present squad are in everything to win it not just to take part or fall asleep for years .

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Hearts were conned into this scenario,to be the “he’s behind you’ in the Celtic Christmas pantomime , never forget that

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻      👏🏻

hopefully in my lifetime things will change 🤞🏻

Gutted...but very proud of my team today. Very poor first half but they had the fight and bottle to get back in the game and push Celtic all the way.

jamboinglasgow

I am gutted to lose that on penalties, but the players showed great mental strength to turn things round. When was the last time we came back from 2-0 down to 2-2 against Celtic after 90 mins. Even losing a goal in the last seconds of the first half of extra time to then get it back showed character. 

The fact that in less than a month we go again in the Scottish cup, the players should use the heartbreak of this to send them back to the final.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I am gutted to lose that on penalties, but the players showed great mental strength to turn things round. When was the last time we came back from 2-0 down to 2-2 against Celtic after 90 mins. Even losing a goal in the last seconds of the first half of extra time to then get it back showed character. 

The fact that in less than a month we go again in the Scottish cup, the players should use the heartbreak of this to send them back to the final.

Winning the Championship is the prioritity but SFA/SPFL may have other priorities calling season to a close early with no promotion nor league winners meaning Lawell will stop Sevco and us winning respective leagues and Doncaster agreeing! Means 10 in a row still on.

WHO RUNS SCOTTISH FOOTALL?

SEPTIC!

HillmanHearts

Feel for Robbie and the lads.

Great spirit to stay in the game and then get a hold of it.

But at the end of the day us fans are kicked in the bawz as usual.

Hard one to take.

So proud of the Hearts today, I will never criticize a player with the balls to take a penalty,  I am in west central france and optimistically had a fine sparkly chilling - it's ersed now, just to pay homage to a great effort.  Spoke with my two boys and such a different feeling of being so close as underdogs.    I'm off now to conyinue with Stephane Adan my mission to convert toutes les Francais to Jambos!!

3 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Looked dead and buried at half time. It was a magnificent effort and we just came up short. Anyone who thinks players don't care should have a look at Halkett after the game. 

Correct. 

To come so far to fail at the final hurdle is soul destroying. 

Let's smash Ayr on Saturday. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If Ginnelly had started in place of Walker we would have won that. 

If Ginnelly had started that game, he would have been subbed after an hour. Impossible to say what would have happened anyway. 

We needed Boyce to stay on but as injured, no option but going off. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Our own mistakes have cost us 2 scottish cups 

Very true.  I feel really sorry for Berra though.  Just a spur of the moment stupid action.

Will never understand why we decided to play the 1st half in their half of the field.  We started pressing straight after half time and it was a different game.

There never has and never will be anything to be ashamed about supporting Hearts.

The crowd couldn't play it's part today so who really cares about them.

The team can hold their heads high because in the face of adversity they very nearly pulled it out the bag. They should be very pleased with their efforts and the commitment to the cause was exceptional.

Take that spirit together into future games and there's no reason why we can't be in another Cup Final come May. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I will freely admit that events of the last year had sickened me, I've struggled to get motivated,  I'd lost a lot of heart. 

Today I found my true love all over again 

I saw and recognized your suffering.

Very happy that you have that feeling back.

2 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

No, Hibs took "pride" in losing by less goals than the last time Celtic humped them in the final, which is utterly tinpot frankly.

We are taking pride from running those ****ers very, very close in a second-half display I absolutely believe was good enough to win the cup.  The players left everything on the pitch.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A lot of respect for that performance today, especially from 2-0. Basically, the chips always end up falling in the Old Firm’s direction with very few exceptions. We should have won that today but **** it, that’s life.

millerjames398
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Him and  Dodds, I kept waiting for them to break out singing, Hail, hail the Celts are here.

They banged on about a team winning a dozen domestic trophies on the bounce like it was something to be lauded, pair of them dripping over it, done my feckin head in..

I hear all the storys we took them to the limit we nearly won it what a load of crap the team and first half tactics were crap the Christmas tree  is out my front window I can't take defeat from that shower  and the bbc media make it worse time for a clear out starting with walker a disgrace of a player he is getting the second bite at the cherry and still does not deliver

6 minutes ago, BammyCammy said:

I hear all the storys we took them to the limit we nearly won it what a load of crap the team and first half tactics were crap the Christmas tree  is out my front window I can't take defeat from that shower  and the bbc media make it worse time for a clear out starting with walker a disgrace of a player he is getting the second bite at the cherry and still does not deliver

Everything rosy this evening, Cammy?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I saw and recognized your suffering.

Very happy that you have that feeling back.

Proper emotions today. 

Maybe older and wiser not feeling the pain, but in the sick twisted perverse Hearts way, the club I fell in love with, tortured me, brought me to unnatural highs, teased me, kissed me and said maybe next time. 

God how I truly love her

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Everything rosy this evening, Cammy?

Watching the telly with one eye the trees  through the window in the garden wi the lights still on another beer coming up whats not to like

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A lot of respect for that performance today, especially from 2-0. Basically, the chips always end up falling in the Old Firm’s direction with very few exceptions. We should have won that today but **** it, that’s life.

Yip.

Sometimes we think only about Hearts,  well all of the time. Celtic had plenty riding on it today. 

Let us be honest, they have been playing teams several levels above what we have,  even badly, its a different pace, different intensity. 

What made it so difficult first half. 

Would have been easy to cave, but they were more than brave. Thought those last 75 minutes we were the better team. Celtic have lost plenty of games, but not many in Scotland where a team has really maintained long spells of danger. 

20 games in this silly League, when we get back, I hope today is a day we remember where bravery can take you 

Ouch.  It was made more painful by the fact that we got our noses in front in the penalty shootout.

But **** it, for all that.  We've been in shite order for the last couple of years and we've still gotten to two cup finals and only just lost them.  So we might be pissed off but we should be proud as well.

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The players we have will be their own critics, the result will not sit or go down well in the dressing room.

Nothing to be ashamed about.

Good comment. The players will obviously be absolutely gutted and deserve our overwhelming support for giving it their all

2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Winning the Championship is the prioritity but SFA/SPFL may have other priorities calling season to a close early with no promotion nor league winners meaning Lawell will stop Sevco and us winning respective leagues and Doncaster agreeing! Means 10 in a row still on.

WHO RUNS SCOTTISH FOOTALL?

SEPTIC!

winning today was my priority but I suppose I'm in the minority. Would swap winning the Championship for winning the BIG Cup any day of the week