Nothing to be ashamed of, hold heads high, fair criticism

gashauskis9

21 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Proud of the fightback, of course. Boys were incredible. 

Unfortunately first half will live in the memory for a long time. We could have won this

Yes, can't understand why we stood off them after ten minutes.  A display like the second half would have won it for us.

But sadly my memory will be of two rubbish penalties when it was in our grasp.  Even if one of them had gone in we were still in with a chance.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Ramsay

• gashauskis9

• Ainsley Harriott

• Gorgie Boot boy

The first half was just awful, and we were lucky to go in two down, but the character shown to come back from that, and then come back again in ET, was quite something. I am beyond gutted now though. A 4-0 reverse would actually have been easier to take. I’d be over it already. What do you expect given the disparity in resources and with us a division down? But to come that close to a victory for the ages, and have it taken away, is really rough.

This is a hard one to take guys One minute I'm annoyed about the first half then I'm full of pride till the last 2 penalties and now I'm broken hearted after those terrible penalties 

Best we all take another few minutes to think about what we are posting

We are all upset enough without upsetting each other

Gutted is not the word! I had visions of Gordon being the hero and gettin it right up Lennon and co. Shocked at the pace of both penalties we missed. Kingsley for me was a dead cert the way he hits a ball from distance, Wighton not so much. 

Nothin worse than pacing about in front of the tv and begging for goals to go in. Collapsed in a heap when the first one was missed. 

I suppose after being 2-0 down at half-time we probably went further that we maybe should've but still absolutely gutted. Good to see the players playing with a bit of passion and bite. Halkett was utterly distraught. Always good to see a player show such disappointment so hopefully this will spur us on for the rest of the season. 

steinbeckjambo1874

So, so gutted. But what a comeback performance. 

To lose that way is a sickener but these players gave it their all and I'm proud as **** of them. 

🇱🇹🙌🏻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

First half lost the game for us but we can stand tall tonight. We were dead buried at HT and then in ET. They gave their absolute all to pull it back, twice.

Being unable to hit a penalty hard lost it.  For the first time we were in front, two shocking penalties.

Huge pride about the second half, & extra time.

unfortunately, luck was not with us today. 

Huge credit to the team and management. 

Proud of the boys -but devastated at the missed opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic couldnt beat us over 120 minutes. It went to penalties and two of our players had theirs saved.

Far better players than them have had theirs saved. Ryan Christie for starters.

I said in another thread that Celtic will not have a tougher domestic game all season than the one they had today. They had a player on the pitch who cost them £9M alone and a goalkeeper on the bench who according to the commentator cost them £5M(thought it was £2M myself)' we had loanees and freebies and you couldnt tell the teams apart.

Our day will come again, of that I am absolutely positive. Gutted and proud in equal measure.

But we were just two penalties away from victory.  Why these two players decided to place their kicks instead of leathering the ball, I'll never know. 

Proud of the lads. Shite first half but they had a rocket up the arse. So proud, **** they rats. Sitting with 2 celtic fans and they didn't even watch them lift the cup. Couldn't care less. Would have meant the world to us but wasn't to be.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Always proud to be a jambo but right now absolutely gutted because we'll never get a better chance after Gordon saving penalty we've blown it

Didn’t really turn up till half time and bottle crashed at the end. Not a winning strategy. Anyway, let’s breeze our way out of the championship by showing that second half commitment in the rest of the games we play this season. No more Alloas please!

8 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Yes, can't understand why we stood off them after ten minutes.  A display like the second half would have won it for us.

But sadly my memory will be of two rubbish penalties when it was in our grasp.  Even if one of them had gone in we were still in with a chance.

I don't think we intentionally went into the game with the plan to stand off them. We were in their faces in the first 6 or 7 minutes, they then got a foot on the ball and our players went into their shell and invited the pressure.

6 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

But we were just two penalties away from victory.  Why these two players decided to place their kicks instead of leathering the ball, I'll never know. 

They are not the first and they wont be the last.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Always proud to be a jambo but right now absolutely gutted because we'll never get a better chance after Gordon saving penalty we've blown it

100%

24 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Amen (if we just forget the first half).

Can’t remember us scoring 3 against them and losing. 

Willie Gibson hat trick around 1976 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If Ginnelly had started in place of Walker we would have won that. 

Totally agree. Walker was his usual backwards and sidewards style, all at a pedestrian pace, and wrong attitude.   

Looked dead and buried at half time. It was a magnificent effort and we just came up short. Anyone who thinks players don't care should have a look at Halkett after the game. 

The coach  should ensure in future that no penalties should be side footed or short run ups. They should be putting  laces through the ball.  

I'm in, just wish someone had decked Broon at the end. Instant here status. 

52 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Proud of the fightback, of course. Boys were incredible. 

Unfortunately first half will live in the memory for a long time. We could have won this

This gets my goat.

Out of everything today you will remember the first half. Baffling.

45 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Amen (if we just forget the first half).

Can’t remember us scoring 3 against them and losing. 

Ask Willie Gibson!

I agree with the sentiments though. Can't believe some of the criticism on here tonight.

Great come back can count ourselves unfortunate but first half was shocking knowing Celtic were not at their best. Jamie Walker infuriates me like no other complete passenger looks disinterested and gets booked for stupid fouls 

It’s easy to slag the 2 penalty misses. Their Keeper goes the wrong way and they’re good penalties, it’s such fine margins. Pens aside, I thought Kingsley was absolutely outstanding today against some of their best players. Wighton did a job replacing one of our best players and gave his all.

It’s easy to slag the way we set up to contain in the 1st half, but this is a team who are, let’s be honest, vastly superior to us (at least on paper). Robbie had the balls to change it up at half time and it worked, almost winning us the game but for a poor miss in the last few moments (which Gino just about made up for in ET)

This hurts obviously, but it could be an absolute defining turning point in our time under Neilson. Today we showed we can compete with the best teams in the country, and we should be absolutely raring to get back up where we belong. The futures marron ❤️

2nd half and extra time were excellent.

First half we were good as well, only a dodgy pen and great strike stopped it from being excellent as well.😁

Gordon Ramsay

Totally blew that and gave them a 2 goal head start. They are ****ing shite and if we had taken game to them from the start we would have won that. 

Find it hard to do the whole proud thing after that. Missed opportunity. 

Bazzas right boot

1st half was poor and eduardo missed 3 sitters to really end us. 

We came back well tho, Ginnelly had a couple of really good chances, with the last one at 2-2 being the possible winner. 

Extra time was backward and forward, and coming back again was different class. 

Once they missed thier penalty, if we scored after we were quids in.... 

****ing brutal. 

46 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Lee placed his.

Nothing to complain about with that one.

Or Christie's that was placed.

Just complete pot luck. 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I still literally feel physically sick, having put up with that commentary, Craig does his job and all Kingsley had to do was hit it hard and  I'm sorry to say, as soon as I saw Wighton, I knew he would just hit a poor sidefòot.  

Wighton absolutely telegraphed it. 

Kingstons stupid two step run up. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wighton absolutely telegraphed it. 

Kingstons stupid two step run up. 

Kingsley turned his penalty into at least a 50-50 for the goalie the way he took it. Not good.

I'm hoping this gees the players up though, knowing that we gave those chancers a good fecking fight in the end, and hopefully motivates them to get their hands on the cup next time around.