Nothing to be ashamed of, hold heads high, fair criticism

gashauskis9

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

There never has and never will be anything to be ashamed about supporting Hearts.

The crowd couldn't play it's part today so who really cares about them.

The team can hold their heads high because in the face of adversity they very nearly pulled it out the bag. They should be very pleased with their efforts and the commitment to the cause was exceptional.

Take that spirit together into future games and there's no reason why we can't be in another Cup Final come May. 

Imagine the bedlum there would have been at the goals, esp 2 and 3. Make last years opener seem like polite applause. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Ramsay

• gashauskis9

• Ainsley Harriott

• Gorgie Boot boy

portobellojambo1

As a fan I'm disappointed by the outcome, but I think that is just a normal emotion to have for a fan of any club, when a game finishes and you are disappointed it just seems logical. Towards the end of the 1st half I was thinking thoughts like it could have been so much different if we had attacked them in the first half as well. But the way football goes I've no idea what would or could have happened if we had attacked them for most of the first half but failed to get a breakthrough. If Ginnelly had played the 1st half and we'd gone in at say 0-0 and he was done in, we have no way of knowing how the 2nd half would have panned out. We changed it at H/T and from looking down and out of it at H/T we took control of the game. For a fair period of the last few months we were watching performances that were pretty honking and results that were even worse. Today, I think the players can hold their heads high, the better team over the period lost out, but there is no reason for any HMFC fan to turn on the team today. I saw enough today to suggest that things are definitely moving in the right direction, Robbie knows what we need to supplement the team and will look to secure the type of player needed during January. We can focus on making sure we get straight back up to the top division and see how things go when the Scottish Cup draw for this season comes around. And eventually get back to Tynecastle and on the road to follow HMFC, because again today showed to me that football wasn't designed for or intended to be a TV programme.

Goodnight Jambos

I go to sleep glum, thinking of what could have been and wishing for a different outcome but knowing that I ****ing love Hearts and always will.

18Jambo_dave74

It’s just starting to really sink in now to be honest, absolutely gutted that we were two kicks away.

I haven’t really enjoyed the last 3/4 years to be honest. Going to Tynecastle, the games and performances have been often very poor. I’ve struggled to justify the time and money of going to as many away games, such was the nature of our dire performances. The Cathro disaster followed by the continued and clear deterioration under Levein. Then we had kamikaze football under Stendel. Injuries followed by more injuries. Sowah, Grzelak, Hamilton, Avdijaj, Martin, Stockton, Pereira, Mulraney, Vanecek, Langer etc. Defeat at Peterhead, 5-0 at Livi, 3 down in 20 mins at Killie and that St Mirren game. The vote, court case and demotion. The summer and everything that happened really got to me. I went from someone that tried to talk up Scottish football and backing the ‘wee teams’ to despising most of them.

Today has made me miss watching Hearts in the flesh again. A Hearts team playing with that level of fight and commitment is something I can get behind 100%. Play with that sort of attitude, add some more quality and pace in to the team and put in front of a packed Tynecastle roaring them on. Hopefully brighter days are around the corner for us. 

11 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Look at the budgets. Look at what we have been put through unfairly. Look at the teams being welcomed by 1000 Celtic fans acting like cu☆☆s. Look at the fact we went 2-0 down. Look at the fact we went 3-2 down in ET.  The penalty shootout was unlucky but this squad knows what it is to play for Hearts and knows what the fans want.  We were unlucky today but Marius Zaliukas and Scott Hutchison would both be so proud of the fight and the spirit. I love this club and can't wait to see us all singing the Hearts song in the Premiership in 2021. **** 2020 and **** the Hibs. I love you all.

This.

Gordon Ramsay

On reflection I do take some pride now in our comeback and our fight but the tactics were all wrong in the first half. I'm sure if Robbie had that 90 mins again he would change it. They were there for the taking and we pansied about the first 45. 

Absolutely gutted for Gordon saving that pen and those 2 to step up with kicks an 8 year old boy would probably be disappointed with. 

Emotions were high yesterday, and rightly so. After a good night's sleep and some thinking time I only really have this to say.

We can argue until we are blue in the face on whether the 1st half tactics were wrong or whether Celtic stopped us playing the way we were set up to (I think its the second one) but one thing everyone has to agree on is that the 2nd half performance and the ET performance were outstanding. The fight, the desire and the passion is all I wanted from yesterday. Its bitterly disappointing to lose in the manner that we did however I won't hold it against any one the coaching team or the playing staff. Now, let's put it behind us and smash the championship with maybe another cup run along the ways. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Stephane Grappelli
14 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Happy with coming back twice. Great effort. But celebrating glorious failure with no assessment at all of what went wrong is a mug's game and one of the reasons we hardly win anything. We could have won that in 90 if the setup at the start was different. They were vulnerable AF.

Spot on.  Of course we did well to fight back but ultimately we've left Hampden empty handied.  Folk saying we ran them close or it was embarrassing for Celtic but who cares?  They got their hands on the trophy at the end.

I'm still finding it tough to come to terms with this morning. 

"So close, yet so far!" 

Kingsleys penalty keeps running through my head. Had he scored, that was it. Of this I have no doubts. The pressure on the next celtic player would have been too much. 

Sadly it just wasn't to be. 

I'm proud of my team for fighting back the way they did. Regardless of whats happened to that manky mob previously. A lot of teams would have crumbled at 2-0 down at half time. 

The annoying part for me is. We had the chances to win the game in regulation time. All ifs and buts respectively, but we showed the desire to go win it. 

As I've said long enough, just like it was in the 90s. If we keep getting to cup finals. We have to win one of them. 

Gimme an H...
21 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not in my book. 

You're at it.

If the keeper goes the other way and he scores there's no ****ing danger you're thinking about how bad a penalty it was.

Gordon Ramsay
19 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

You're at it.

If the keeper goes the other way and he scores there's no ****ing danger you're thinking about how bad a penalty it was.

Would still say that was a poor penalty. 

Best penalty was McGregors for them. Right in the corner with pace, no messing about. 

Wighton was a poor choice for penalty, struggles with confidence issues. Would have had someone else on it. Maybe even Halkett, probably would have put his foot through it. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Let's use this as the turning point, Hearts! We've been lacking in fighting spirit for a good few years now. Play like we did second half onwards yesterday and we'll all be much happier.

Gimme an H...
7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Would still say that was a poor penalty. 

Best penalty was McGregors for them. Right in the corner with pace, no messing about. 

Wighton was a poor choice for penalty, struggles with confidence issues. Would have had someone else on it. Maybe even Halkett, probably would have put his foot through it. 

If he had sent the keeper the wrong way and scored his pen, you would still go back and comment on it being a poor penalty? 😂 Nah...

Penalty shootouts are dictated by players putting themselves forward for them. The manager doesn't blindly choose who takes the pens. Wighton has obviously put himself forward if the situation arose which doesn't suggest any confidence issues and infact suggests he's got baws.

Gordon Ramsay
43 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

If he had sent the keeper the wrong way and scored his pen, you would still go back and comment on it being a poor penalty? 😂 Nah...

Penalty shootouts are dictated by players putting themselves forward for them. The manager doesn't blindly choose who takes the pens. Wighton has obviously put himself forward if the situation arose which doesn't suggest any confidence issues and infact suggests he's got baws.

It can still be a poor pen but hit the back of the net, just like a poor shot or header can be a goal in open play. 

Of course its the managers decision. Wighton may have said he will take one but Robbie makes the final call. Putting a guy on penalties in a cup final who has openly admitted he has confidence issues wasnt a smart move. It showed in his penalty, pitiful effort. 

Gimme an H...
32 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It can still be a poor pen but hit the back of the net, just like a poor shot or header can be a goal in open play. 

Of course its the managers decision. Wighton may have said he will take one but Robbie makes the final call. Putting a guy on penalties in a cup final who has openly admitted he has confidence issues wasnt a smart move. It showed in his penalty, pitiful effort. 

I didn't say it wasn't the managers decision. I said players put themselves forward for them - it's then up to the manager to pick the order and takers. WIghton had confidence issues before this season. Based on his performances so far this season and in the game itself yesterday (penalty aside) I'd say his confidence issues are well behind him. The best players in the world miss penalties all the time. It's not as black and white as 'you should score a penalty no matter the circumstances'. You have to take it in the context ie cup final, score and we win/miss and we lose. That will play on anyone.

I also didn't say you can't hit a bad pen and still score. I said that I don't believe for one second that you would have come on here and picked up on a penalty that's sent the keeper the wrong way, hit the back of the net and won us a cup.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

I didn't say it wasn't the managers decision. I said players put themselves forward for them - it's then up to the manager to pick the order and takers. WIghton had confidence issues before this season. Based on his performances so far this season and in the game itself yesterday (penalty aside) I'd say his confidence issues are well behind him. The best players in the world miss penalties all the time. It's not as black and white as 'you should score a penalty no matter the circumstances'. You have to take it in the context ie cup final, score and we win/miss and we lose. That will play on anyone.

I also didn't say you can't hit a bad pen and still score. I said that I don't believe for one second that you would have come on here and picked up on a penalty that's sent the keeper the wrong way, hit the back of the net and won us a cup.

Fair enough. 

Still think Wighton was the wrong choice but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Anyone who isn't proud to be a Hearts fan can GTF imo. You should always be proud and that 2nd half and ET performance yesterday is why you should be, that's what Hearts teams are built on fighting for every ball, and leaving nothing out on the pitch. That's why that last few years have been hard to take, it was like watching a different club. Not once, however was I not a proud Hearts fan.

Theres so many factors going into that game for the players and management to consider it's difficult to be overly critical of the first half. Neilson knew he had a half fit Gino and Harring, so had to decide how best to utilise them so effectively he went with the same tactics as the semi final, contain them stay in it then hit them in the second half with pace and a different formation, Lennon is a terrible manager and confusing him isn't hard with a switch in formation and tactics.  As it transpired we lost the first half to a wonder strike and a penalty gave ourselves a shake at half time changed it and got back in. More than the PK misses Gino and Wighton should've had it wrapped up before then. 

No one can say what would've happened if we'd went all out first half, what if the didn't work, then what.

I think there's posters on here who would still be slaughtering Neilson if we'd went 2-0 up and won on penalties no doubt he be a shitbag second half and nearly cost us the cup. 

He he might have got it wrong first have who really knows but one things for sure he got us back in and we should've won that if Gino and Wighton had a bit more composure about them.

24 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Anyone who isn't proud to be a Hearts fan can GTF imo. You should always be proud and that 2nd half and ET performance yesterday is why you should be, that's what Hearts teams are built on fighting for every ball, and leaving nothing out on the pitch. That's why that last few years have been hard to take, it was like watching a different club. Not once, however was I not a proud Hearts fan.

Theres so many factors going into that game for the players and management to consider it's difficult to be overly critical of the first half. Neilson knew he had a half fit Gino and Harring, so had to decide how best to utilise them so effectively he went with the same tactics as the semi final, contain them stay in it then hit them in the second half with pace and a different formation, Lennon is a terrible manager and confusing him isn't hard with a switch in formation and tactics.  As it transpired we lost the first half to a wonder strike and a penalty gave ourselves a shake at half time changed it and got back in. More than the PK misses Gino and Wighton should've had it wrapped up before then. 

No one can say what would've happened if we'd went all out first half, what if the didn't work, then what.

I think there's posters on here who would still be slaughtering Neilson if we'd went 2-0 up and won on penalties no doubt he be a shitbag second half and nearly cost us the cup. 

He he might have got it wrong first have who really knows but one things for sure he got us back in and we should've won that if Gino and Wighton had a bit more composure about them.

Gutted we lost. Agree with what you wrote.

I think people forget that championship manager, or what ever its called nowadays, was not the reality of managing a real football team.

Crap 1st half. But 2nd half and extra time was what we should be like every week.

It was a game where the team with more luck on the day won it. And it could easily have been us.

It just hurts more that Scott Brown is walking around thinking he is the man.

21 hours ago, Gone said:

Definitely. Apart from our poor start there's nothing or no one (cept Walker) I can complain about. Walker shouldn't play again though

He's Championship level now I'm afraid. Yesterday proved it...

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

All it proved is that he can have a bad game

As usual people look for someone to blame and this week it's Jamie Walker

Of course he didn't cost us a goal, didn't give away a penalty but still he's to blame..utter nonsense

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

All it proved is that he can have a bad game

As usual people look for someone to blame and this week it's Jamie Walker

Of course he didn't cost us a goal, didn't give away a penalty but still he's to blame..utter nonsense

Why do you assume my opinion is based solely on yesterday?

22 hours ago, Spellczech said:

An average one at that! Barely gets involved in big games and by big in this league I mean teams like Dunfermline.

On 21/12/2020 at 10:47, Gordon Ramsay said:

Fair enough. 

Still think Wighton was the wrong choice but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Wighton was one of the few who had converted penalties this season.

We should make a point of having all these cup final related threads drop off the first page by Boxing Day. Let’s lick our wounds stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get on with this seasons priority knowing full well that we’ll be winning that cup again before too long. It’s over and done. Boys did pretty well overall. No shame and no disgrace. Didn’t get a hiding. Came very close to an unlikely win.

Gordon Ramsay
39 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Wighton was one of the few who had converted penalties this season.

Anyone can convert a pen but not everyones got the character to step up and deliver when the stakes are that high. Didn't look confident when he stepped up and the kick itself showed that.