• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordon Ramsay

• gashauskis9

• Ainsley Harriott

• Gorgie Boot boy

Can I second that. Half of kickback and facebook had it ten nil, after thirty minutes, look how we came back, never been so proud ♥️

Proud of the fightback, of course. Boys were incredible. 

Unfortunately first half will live in the memory for a long time. We could have won this

1st half wasn't good enough, just wish we had played like we did in the second. 

To all the players you should be proud even coming back. 

One of Robbie's biggest critics, but he got the second half and extra time right. 

Now going forward we have shown we can compete against the old firm, that's the benchmark. 

For once I agree with Bongo.  Think I'll go for a lie down.

Didn't fancy us on penalties given our record of misses in the league.

Now, lets get this league sorted before someone uses Covid to cancel it.

Edited by frankblack

We are in the championship and ran Celtic so close with a performance of real guts and passion, which has been missing for years, and "supporters* think we're losers? It was close to being one of the biggest upsets of all time ffs

Look at the budgets. Look at what we have been put through unfairly. Look at the teams being welcomed by 1000 Celtic fans acting like cu☆☆s. Look at the fact we went 2-0 down. Look at the fact we went 3-2 down in ET.  The penalty shootout was unlucky but this squad knows what it is to play for Hearts and knows what the fans want.  We were unlucky today but Marius Zaliukas and Scott Hutchison would both be so proud of the fight and the spirit. I love this club and can't wait to see us all singing the Hearts song in the Premiership in 2021. **** 2020 and **** the Hibs. I love you all.

Just now, MrBones said:

We are in the championship and ran Celtic so close with a performance of real guts and passion, which has been missing for years, and "supporters* think we're losers? It was close to being one of the biggest upsets of all time ffs

This x10000

tartofmidlothian

In tears right now, but unreal commitment and determination today. Rarely felt so proud of our club, and never for a losing team.

We need to build on this and get back to where we belong fast.

Gilberts Fridge

Nothing to be ashamed of in that game and performance. Just wasn't to be. To come back from 2 down and then again in ET shows spirit and grit. I ****in despise Celtic.  

8 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Proud of the fightback, of course. Boys were incredible. 

Unfortunately first half will live in the memory for a long time. We could have won this

Live in your memory for a long time, deary me.

I think Celtic winning on penalties given all what happened to Hearts is a huge embarrassment for them.

Sickening not to have won, but the team did well to fight back after the first 45 minutes.

Penalties eh. A lottery for some, a certain goal for others. Just a shame the wind dropped from our sails at the wrong time.

There's always this season...

I still literally feel physically sick, having put up with that commentary, Craig does his job and all Kingsley had to do was hit it hard and  I'm sorry to say, as soon as I saw Wighton, I knew he would just hit a poor sidefòot.  

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Happy with coming back twice. Great effort. But celebrating glorious failure with no assessment at all of what went wrong is a mug's game and one of the reasons we hardly win anything. We could have won that in 90 if the setup at the start was different. They were vulnerable AF.

Malinga the Swinga

Nothing to be ashamed of. Played well, had chances and even penalties that were missed were on target, just to softly hit. 

Let's beat Ayr on Saturday and win league. 

That’s what I want from a hearts team. Penalties are penalties it was a fighting performance against a team who, on paper, should have been out of sight. I doubt if there are many teams who would’ve cam back to draw twice. 

millerjames398
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I still literally feel physically sick, having put up with that commentary, Craig does his job and all Kingsley had to do was hit it hard and  I'm sorry to say, as soon as I saw Wighton, I knew he would just hit a poor sidefòot.  

That liam Gordon's a ****in creature eh🤬🤬🤬🇱🇻

Robbie set the team up against a side knowing that had we gone offensive we mightve been 5 goals down by half time depending on which celtic showed up. Instead we went in compact, kept ourselves in the game and came back to almost win in the second half. This was a performance to be proud of, Robbie has got Hearts playing like a team again and we're going to piss this league.

Gutted,  but proud of the Hearts showed real fight. Like posters above have said poor first half and 2 shocking penalties.  Lets win this league and get another cup run going in 2021. 

45 mins in absolute embarrassing 

from 2nd half onwards , heroic effort... from

All 

Mistakes were made , but the effort was there and will to win.  

Proud to be a jambo 

wattie exploited
3 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Robbie set the team up against a side knowing that had we gone offensive we mightve been 5 goals down by half time depending on which celtic showed up. Instead we went in compact, kept ourselves in the game and came back to almost win in the second half. This was a performance to be proud of, Robbie has got Hearts playing like a team again and we're going to piss this league.

think you mean if we went on the offensive  in the first half we wouldn't have been 2 down 

6 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

That liam Gordon's a ****in creature eh🤬🤬🤬🇱🇻

Him and  Dodds, I kept waiting for them to break out singing, Hail, hail the Celts are here.

Edited by colinmaroon

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Son as i saw Kingsley with the short run up, i shut my eyes.

Tremendous performance from the boys couldn't be more proud.

Wighton was a poor choice I think. Halkett or Haring maybe, but nitpicking.

Great to see that magnificent fighting spirit.

Nobody is disputing that the first half was good enough, could we of won the game if we had pressed them from the 1st whistle, I believe we would of. 

But what I'm not going to do is tear into Robbie, reason 1 he had the balls to change it, he saw the mistakes that had been made in the 1st half. 

Do i believe Robbie is the man going forward, personally i don't think so. 

But he showed he was prepared to change, and the second half was like watching a total different team. 

What i ask of him now? approach every match with the same way we did, second half and extra time 👍

15 minutes ago, MrBones said:

That’s a bit of a stretch.

Celtic couldnt beat us over 120 minutes. It went to penalties and two of our players had theirs saved.

Far better players than them have had theirs saved. Ryan Christie for starters.

I said in another thread that Celtic will not have a tougher domestic game all season than the one they had today. They had a player on the pitch who cost them £9M alone and a goalkeeper on the bench who according to the commentator cost them £5M(thought it was £2M myself)' we had loanees and freebies and you couldnt tell the teams apart.

Our day will come again, of that I am absolutely positive. Gutted and proud in equal measure.

15 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Look at the budgets. Look at what we have been put through unfairly. Look at the teams being welcomed by 1000 Celtic fans acting like cu☆☆s. Look at the fact we went 2-0 down. Look at the fact we went 3-2 down in ET.  The penalty shootout was unlucky but this squad knows what it is to play for Hearts and knows what the fans want.  We were unlucky today but Marius Zaliukas and Scott Hutchison would both be so proud of the fight and the spirit. I love this club and can't wait to see us all singing the Hearts song in the Premiership in 2021. **** 2020 and **** the Hibs. I love you all.

A fantastic sentiment. HMFC

wattie exploited

first half was pure crap !

second half was pure brilliant  what a difference if we actually have a ago !

in the end the guys were absolutely brilliant and didnt deserve to lose well done to the whole hearts team :rifle:   

First half lost the game for us but we can stand tall tonight. We were dead buried at HT and then in ET. They gave their absolute all to pull it back, twice.

In amongst it all is just so many regrets and what feels like constant unfairness. 

we started last years cup final with half a squad. We started today with three of our five best players (Souttar, Ginelly and Haring not fit to start), we then lose Boyce who was having a phenomenal match. 

It really really stings. To play two cup finals in 18 months against them and to have it in our grasp and blow it against a Celtic team that is collapsing is just utterly galling. 

SomethingAboutObua

Celtic have an average weekly wage of roughly £800k

Ours is £110k

They were able to bring on Scottish, Uruguayan and Australian internationals for three other international players

We had to switch Northern Ireland's second choice striker for Craig Wighton (not criticism of Boyce/Wighton just comparisons)

They've been playing top-flight and European football for 3 more months than us

We've played Arbroath and Alloa as part of our less than 20 competitive matches

I'm bitterly disappointed we lost to Brown, Lennon and Griffiths but when you consider money, squad depth and League standards, 3-3 to penalties is pushing so far ahead of where we "should be" right now.

Criticisms just have to be wtf was that penalty, and we need to sign a strong striker, desperately missed Boyce's presence after he went off for Wighton.