MAFIA - Let's save Christmas

Shapes

On 06/12/2020 at 10:35, Boof said:

This was my 'Ah...could Stuart be Bunny's other half?' moment.

Bloody hell - managed to get something right as a townie!

Bookmark it folks because it's a rare event :lol: 

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Shapes

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Tbh I even found it hard as I hit a really bad depression right after starting the game so it's been a struggle to try get through it but it's been a bit of a distraction for my brain so thank you all

Hey Shapes. Take some time out to look after you and block out the shite. I'm sure you'll have your go to's to help chase away the big black dog, so call them 🤗

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

What made you guys go for Dunks? That's what ended it for us filthy Goons. 

Milky called Dunks out on the PM thread yesterday and after that it just sort of made sense, although I changed my mind several times in between times.

Eventually settled on yourself and Dunks and Milky gave me the choice. I went with my gut and picked Dunks.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Have to agree that Bunny was the decisive factor in a glorious town win. Well played everyone and thanks for hosting it Shapes.

Feel a bit sorry for Boof and Yvonne always getting taken out due to their mad skillz. Funny how I always make it to the end 😁 😒

Any thoughts on the setup? I thought the goons were up against it because any twin kill resulted in another townie. 

Overall I liked it though - might even attempt to run my first game over the holidays, although 9pm is often a challenge ...

Good to have something different - thanks to Shapes for dreaming it up and modding :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, AndyNic said:

What made you guys go for Dunks? That's what ended it for us filthy Goons. 

As Sheldon said we thought you and dunks were the two remaining. However I did think until marv got lynched that it was two from three.

Why did you guys kill Sheldon? As we were on for a win

16 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Any thoughts on the setup? I thought the goons were up against it because any twin kill resulted in another townie. 

Overall I liked it though - might even attempt to run my first game over the holidays, although 9pm is often a challenge ...

Good to have something different - thanks to Shapes for dreaming it up and modding :thumbsup:

I can see it would be difficult for the goons. Maybe having only two pairs and one more goon would have worked a bit better.

But all in all the game was good

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Why did you guys kill Sheldon? As we were on for a win

To stop you from winning :D

We had Sheldon down as cop and Sean as a kid, otherwise it would've been the other way round.

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

I still think having a deadline is goon-friendly...to a degree, though if we were waiting on a majority for a lynch we'd have the longest game ever :lol: 

Maybe give the cop an investigation during day 1 - at the expense of having an extra goon in the lineup? Normally I think I go for 1/4 of the players being goons - just round up if it gives a fractional result.

Does the cop being a mason improve things? It does give us 1 fewer mason, but with more info.

Doesn't have to be 9pm, @Dunks - make it whatever you want. More folk might be available later on during the holiday season anyway?

Tenaciousdandy
26 minutes ago, Boof said:

I still think having a deadline is goon-friendly...to a degree, though if we were waiting on a majority for a lynch we'd have the longest game ever :lol: 

Maybe give the cop an investigation during day 1 - at the expense of having an extra goon in the lineup? Normally I think I go for 1/4 of the players being goons - just round up if it gives a fractional result.

Does the cop being a mason improve things? It does give us 1 fewer mason, but with more info.

Doesn't have to be 9pm, @Dunks - make it whatever you want. More folk might be available later on during the holiday season anyway?

No deadline would be a nightmare early on in the game we would never get past day 1 lol don't think giving the cop a day 1 investigation would change that unless cop hits a goon and i doubt they would shout it from the hill tops so early on anyway as it would spell the end for tje cop or a mason, I think the cop being part of the mason team has made it more difficult to identify the cop with no longer using bs 

Later deadlines would suit me personally as I finish work at 8 and sometimes not home until just before 9 if I need to pop to the shops 

The addition of some of the new roles like the naughty kids, turncoat and invincible townie have added a bit of a twist as well which has been good 

Edited by Dandyman79

I think starting the game early in the morning and having a same day deadline encourages chat. Get the game up and running quicker. 

I like the idea of the doctor being able to resurrect a dead townie (in place of a current townie) so if someone is really quiet they can be replaced by the town. 

Goons can do the same. Once each.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think starting the game early in the morning and having a same day deadline encourages chat. Get the game up and running quicker. 

I like the idea of the doctor being able to resurrect a dead townie (in place of a current townie) so if someone is really quiet they can be replaced by the town. 

That's an interesting one Alim.

I think the new roles/twists keep the game fresh. As they're happening quite regularly at the moment it is good to mix things up and the tweaks that are made from game to game certainly do that.

I've tried to think of themes etc for new games but I've not got a creative enough mind for that so I'm happy to get involved with other ideas and just play the game instead.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Definitely agree having the first deadline on the same day isnthe way to go, Rudi's game day one seemed quite active due to this

Couldn't resurrect a goon as they would just be lynched the next day, day 1 challenges to get a bit of info or just kill a player like shapes ran a few games ago could be an idea to be added in more frequently,

the doc resurrecting swaping someone could be an idea tho in a invincible townie type role 

Other option is having everyone in pairs and each pair has a different skill like good pairs could be 1 pair investigates, 1 pair save, 1 pair are invincible, 1 pair can kill

Bad pairs could kill, 1 pair could investigate. Or other skills?

Or have same type set up as this game but if 1 pair kills the next lot need to investigate and go round that way? 

What was funny today my work team have been doing a resilience and behaviour course over the last few weeks and today we got the results back from our own work behaviour profile and this bit reminded of playing in mafia games 😂

EEC8C95C-625B-4740-B226-C83A7AC772C6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

What was funny today my work team have been doing a resilience and behaviour course over the last few weeks and today we got the results back from our own work behaviour profile and this bit reminded of playing in mafia games 😂

"She will trust others..." :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

"She will trust others..." :lol: 

Also that I don’t attempt to demand to others my view or opinion to take what I say at face value, so there is a real reason why I’m not good at this game 🤣

Tenaciousdandy
23 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Haha yeah, the trust part will soon be gone lol 

Just now, yvonnejambo said:

Not sure if I can use my emotional appeal to convince others of a certain direction either 😌

It just gets me killed off quickly 😡

35 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Not sure if I can use my emotional appeal to convince others of a certain direction either 😌

Are you kidding?!?!?

Some of your pleas have been truly heartbreaking.

I've had tears in my eyes as I type out v o t e y v........I can't do it!

Then you turn out to be a goon and are like "surprise motherf*****s!' 😁

6 hours ago, Boof said:

Maybe say.....

Anyone not posting 5 posts a day has their role made free to the cop?

36 minutes ago, Smack said:

I've had tears in my eyes as I type out v o t e y v........I can't do it!

Then you turn out to be a goon and are like "surprise motherf*****s!' 😁

Hhmm well I still end up dead 🤣

17 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Maybe say.....

Anyone not posting 5 posts a day has their role made free to the cop?

Or the goons can only kill someone in the bottom 3 posters? 

1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

Or the goons can only kill someone in the bottom 3 posters? 

Nah, just have a reasonable ppd limit. 5 seems ok but on the low side, 7 or 8 per day minimum is a decent number. 

you could increase it day by day aswell. 

say 7 posts on day 2, 8 on day 3 etc. Very rare a mafia goes on longer than 6 days. 

Needs to be decent posts aswell. Not a quadrouple post saying about 20 words in total. 

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Post-counting would be a mammoth pain in the erse for the game mod!

Yeah, I do it occasionally and its a pain in the erse and not 100% accurate, they really should have just left the post count on and not bothered with the top 4 pish we have now 

8 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah, I do it occasionally and its a pain in the erse and not 100% accurate, they really should have just left the post count on and not bothered with the top 4 pish we have now 

I did ask the admin chaps about this specifically for Mafia games but looks like we'll have to wait until the next upgrade :( 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Boof said:

I did ask the admin chaps about this specifically for Mafia games but looks like we'll have to wait until the next upgrade :( 

Damn, I  guess it would be a nightmare to code it in to a single thread, was a handy tool for the game, wonder why they got rid of the full post count 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Post-counting would be a mammoth pain in the erse for the game mod!

i did it, but stopped for people once they had reached the quota. It wasnt too bad. 

11 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

i did it, but stopped for people once they had reached the quota. It wasnt too bad. 

Aye, right enough - wasn't thinking about stopping once they'd reached their quota ::facepaw::

Should be left to the discretion of the game mod whether to sanction a player or not. If someone has posted three - four quality posts with theories for example versus someone who has only posted the daily quota of completely irrelevant posts then it would be totally unfair to them sanction them. 

Some of the players - not naming anyone - just pop up last min, wreak havoc after reading everyone else’s theories then disappear again 😂

I've got a few ideas, but most of them involve killing people off quicker :D

I'm off for 3 weeks over Christmas, so should manage something :thumbsup:

I’m going to run another game folks. I’ll get a sign up thread up next week with the idea of starting on the 27th. Something to do between Xmas and new year.

Would everyone be up for that?

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m going to run another game folks. I’ll get a sign up thread up next week with the idea of starting on the 27th. Something to do between Xmas and new year.

:thumbsup:

Tenaciousdandy
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah sounds good ian, will be interesting with doing the secret santa as well lol 

12 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah sounds good ian, will be interesting with doing the secret santa as well lol 

Secret Santa will have finished before Christmas

My silly old duck of a dad has decided he’s recovered enough to look after himself. Except when he needs the fire lit.

Anyway I digress.

ATTACK!!!!!!! 

Tenaciousdandy
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

My house is filling up with booze by the day.

Sober (ish) for 2 weeks

Theres a hold load of carnage INCOMING!!!!!

Oh feck it's going to be a interesting game 🤣🤣