MAFIA - Let's save Christmas

Shapes

15 minutes ago, Smack said:

I feel your pain, but if you are blatantly a goon the town can't really give you a pass, even if you are contributing a lot to the game.

Maybe the lowest poster could be punished in some way in a future game. A vote ban isn't going to encourage people to post more, maybe votes count double on them the next day? I do appreciate that people have other stuff to do though. Also Boof and Dandyman should probably be given an extra life for every future game. After day 2 the chat just dried up.

I've considered adding a 'spirit' to my next game. A dead townie player who can still post as normal (can't vote though).

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Shapes

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morgaro Gomis
17 minutes ago, Smack said:

I feel your pain, but if you are blatantly a goon the town can't really give you a pass, even if you are contributing a lot to the game.

Maybe the lowest poster could be punished in some way in a future game. A vote ban isn't going to encourage people to post more, maybe votes count double on them the next day? I do appreciate that people have other stuff to do though. Also Boof and Dandyman should probably be given an extra life for every future game. After day 2 the chat just dried up.

Woo

Im dead so have to watch what I say as I don’t wanna contribute anything in any way.  I can understand why I was voted for, have no issues with that. Although I disagree that I went in hard on Dawn so disagree with the logic used.

Admittedly, I absolutely threw the dollies out and gave up trying to defend myself 😂

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Smack said:

Wooo

Could be an idea, its understandable folk have busy lives with work, family etc but maybe minimum 5 or 10 posts a day is achievable for almost everyone, I have a lot of free time in my job so usually spend it online to pass the boredom hence why I post so much lol 

Like the sound if that idea altho I doubt the opposite team wouldn't be amused having to kill me or boof twice 🤣

Wooo

I'll do a goon/trust list later when I get back from work. 

Hard to contribute during the day when you drive for a living. 

To top it off I've a job interview on Thursday which I really need to go well. 

13 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

I'll do a goon/trust list later when I get back from work. 

Hard to contribute during the day when you drive for a living. 

To top it off I've a job interview on Thursday which I really need to go well. 

Yeah, I know you're a driver and get that it's difficult. The technology can't be far away where you can say 'Google, read the last 40 posts on Mafia to me'. Then you could use your voice to post replies, votes, unvotes, and in your case, votes, unvotes, votes, unvotes........

Still reckon you're a goon though.

17 minutes ago, Smack said:

Yeah, I know you're a driver and get that it's difficult. The technology can't be far away where you can say 'Google, read the last 40 posts on Mafia to me'. Then you could use your voice to post replies, votes, unvotes, and in your case, votes, unvotes, votes, unvotes........

This sounds like the natural progression for Boof's spreadsheets :D

Speaking of which - work has been a lot busier than anticipated today, so I haven't had a chance yet to check back through from the beginning as I said I would.

I will get to it today, but it might need to wait until after work :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Smack said:

Also Boof and Dandyman should probably be given an extra life for every future game. After day 2 the chat just dried up.

They are still two of the top four posters on the thread.

I think the main challenge to having a minimum post count is the amount of spam it could generate. Or just splitting a single post into 4 successive ones.

Be good to reflect post-game as I have a theory on it, but now isn't the time :thumbsup:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
45 minutes ago, Smack said:

That would be amazing 😂

I'm finding everyone pretty hard to read to be honest. Normally there's one or two people who are blatantly obvious with the roles they have but there hasn't been much of that this time round.

Unless everyone else has it sussed and I'm just slow on the uptake, which is highly possible!

Not being funny but Dandy and Boof still in the top posters despite being deed for about 6 days is mental! Lurkers galore this game.

Going to have a read back after work and post my vote although I'll not be able to contribute much until after work today (about 6:30pm). If the lurkers haven't posted then I think my vote is going on one of those. Smack's post is also very interesting as it certainly highlights some suspicion on Marvin. Plenty to consider! 

I mean it can’t be claimed I have been a lurker. I was partly responsible for the demise in both Dandy and Morgaro. 

It is a problem with this game. However it can be a genuine tactic to stay out of peoples attention and obviously life/work gets in the way as well. 

Anyways back to the game. 

Honestly no idea who the final goon is. Think the Cop needs to come out and help us get a proper trust list. Doc needs to save him. That would win the town the game IMO

Edited by AlimOzturk

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I mean it can’t be claimed I have been a lurker. I was partly responsible for the demise in both Dandy and Morgaro. 

It is a problem with this game. However it can be a genuine tactic to stay out of peoples attention and obviously life/work gets in the way as well. 

Anyways back to the game. 

Honestly no idea who the final goon is. Think the Cop needs to come out and help us get a proper trust list. Doc needs to save him. That would win the town the game IMO

Agreed. Don't think anyone has said you're a lurker to be fair mate. 👍🏼

trust list

me (obviously)

Dawn

Riddley

the last two are just guesses based on a gut feeling

goon list

smack

andy

again just guesses based on a gut feeling

I think we need some guidance from the cop, either today or tomorrow as apart from a couple of players I think are good I don't know which way the others are

Not had a look at this today, not long in and have still stuff to do, the first thing is to get over a traumatic visit to the Doctors this morning, the day every man dreads came for me today😳😳

Up to now my safe list is ;

Me 

Dunks

Possibly Alim

Goon list ;

All the rest possibility!

marvin & milky were the last 2 to vote morgaro

one of them is a goon

which is of course why i haven't got either on my goon list :facepalm:

Still at work here (only came on as opened my browser on my phone to look something up and this page was still up)

I should be home in time for a good read before I vote.

Without banging on about it. I said that someone would be changing roles just before deadline in day1 as it was clear Stuart was being lynched.

Stuart turned out to be one of the Aussie Siblings.

How could I have known this?

I feel I should be on at least some people's trust lists.

Based on Sean's last couple of posts I think he is a Goon. Conveniently leaves Marvin off his Goon list then corrects his mistake a while later. Possibly been advised it looks dodgy on the Goon PM thread?

Also adds Smack to his Goon list after being called out. Has been lurking all game, hardly posting and trying to fly under the radar. Goon.

I'm really not sure of the last Goon however my gut instinct tells me it's Marvin. 

Still not sure on Riddley either because of all the lurking so I think he is one of the last twins.

My (provisional) trust list is as follows with an explanation against each:

Alim (I think he has confirmed this himself unless it is a bluff - but I don't think so)

Dawn - good because of the Alim exchange

Smack - something says good

Dunks - I think Dunks was the last one to be investigated and confirmed good however haven't really had much to go on to confirm he's a good yin

Others:

Milky. Potentially the 2nd twin as is another massive lurker flying under the radar

Riddley - I think he is the other twin

Bunny - I think Townie now.

Sheldon. I also think good. Townie or Doc

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Unless I've missed something really obvious, why do people have Dunks on a trust list? Is that just pure assumption on their part?

Riddley Walker

I've definitely been a lurker this game, so apologies all round. Certainly not how I want to play it, for any role I get. Struggling to find time to read through the whole thread properly and make any meaningful contributions.

1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Unless I've missed something really obvious, why do people have Dunks on a trust list? Is that just pure assumption on their part?

I have assumed that Dunks was the one that was investigated due to being 2nd in votes when Morgaro was lynched and confirmed good? I couldn't think of anyone else that stood out as to be investigated. So yes, purely based on that but as I said in my post I haven't really seen anything else to confirm.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I think Dunks was investigated and found to be good, speculative of course.

For what it's worth I think Sean is more likely to be a goon they Marvin but I'm sure Marvin is a Goon or at least a twin. Way too suspicious to be a Townie.

Night 

Poor Marvin, didn't even have a chance to come on and plead his case before all you idiots killed him.

Marvin - Santa - doctor is dead.

Night stuff please 

Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Would never have guessed that at all 😂

Not good.

I've been so busy with work, I've really struggled to keep up which didn't help my cause.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

You numpties 👨‍⚕️ 🏥

:laugh2:

:vrface:

To be fair we couldn't have known and it wasn't obvious. 

Sore one.

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

:jjyay::pleasing::pleasingao:

Woo

Someone's not getting there vaccine tonight 😁

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You numpties 👨‍⚕️ 🏥

Wooo

wooo My late vote on Morgaro was his multiple vote changes. That's Sean's day 1 tactic. So thought feck it and I had been working too so was pretty knackered so threw my vote in. wooo

Edited by Marvin

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Bloody Hell!!!! I blame Andy!!!!!

vote Andy

Eh????? I didn't start the stuff on Marvin. Smack put the doubt in my mind with his review of Marvin's posts.

Check back!

Just now, AndyNic said:

Eh????? I didn't start the stuff on Marvin. Smack put the doubt in my mind with his review of Marvin's posts.

Check back!

Edit: Shhhhh it's night!

Just now, AndyNic said:

Check back!

Aye, but you put the doubt in my mind😆

Morgaro Gomis

Edit: Shapes got there first, no need for me to do a reminder of night. 

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Night came and the remaining wise man found someone bad.

The naughty kids decided to go on a murderous rampage. They saw what they thought was a normal person but on closer inspection he looked a bit green so they decided to kill him.

Dunks - the Grinch goon is dead.

The goons once again decided that this would be the naughty kids last act. They killed Sheldon - American sibling. And his remaining sibling became a good townie.

It is now day.

Deadline 9pm tomorrow. 

5 for a lynch. Will post player list in 5 mins