Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Possibly, after repeatedly watching wingers who can't cross the ball and are creating nothing, Neilson has decided they're a waste time until he can find one, pacey or not, who can cross the ball and create something.

Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Just hoping its 2 up top with walker in the middle anything else this will be a slog

It will be a slog no matter what formation he plays. We struggle away from home and lack pace in the key areas.

I am pleased to see Irving given a start although he hasn't played much since Stendel and will be a bit rusty. At least he can pick a pass and create something going forward.

14 minutes ago, Candy said:

What the f is it with not playing Haring?

We are so  much better when he's on the park

He was pish against Alloa then again so was the whole midfield 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sorry, is that a good thing?

Or has someone said something to you earlier in the thread, hence the sarcastic smiley?

It's sarcastic because we have been getting told since the end of October he will be back for the next game, then the next and so on. 

Had enough of these slaverings from Levein for months on end to last a lifetime. 

25 minutes ago, kila said:

Naismith     Wighton

Walker

Halliday     Irving        Lee

Kingsley       Berra         Halkett        Smith

Gordon

Difficult to see any other formation tbh. Maybe Robbie has decided that our 'width' doesn't have any quality anyway, unless he's told Kingsley and Smith to get forward at every opportunity, individually hopefully.

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Possibly, after repeatedly watching wingers who can't cross the ball and are creating nothing, Neilson has decided they're a waste time until he can find one, pacey or not, who can cross the ball and create something.

Maybe if the scouting team did their research a bit better we would never sign these sort of players in the first place.

26 minutes ago, kila said:

Naismith     Wighton

Walker

Halliday     Irving        Lee

Kingsley       Berra         Halkett        Smith

Gordon

That would seem about right. As long as Walker stays in the middle and Naismith stays upfront and not get in each others way. Kingsley can get down the left with Halliday backing him up at left-back if he's caught out. Think Irving and Lee will hold (zzzz!) and Berra will boot it up to Naismith. Probably the best we can do with that selection at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Surprise, surprise, no sign of Ginnelly 😏

He’s fit....he’s not fit....he’s fit.....he’s not fit.....he’s fit..........he needs an op! 😏

43 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Our game listed here:

Soccer (vipboxx.eu)

No idea of whether or not it will be viewable, but I watched Alloa debacle on it last weekend.

What was the quality like? Might try this

Boyce has been looking lost right now but has still been producing more than Walker and Naismith.Neilson is just too stubborn and negative to go with two as a partnership.WTF is it with Ginnely?

34 minutes ago, Jambo 85 said:

Nae pace again!! Why not give Moore a chance at wing 

👍 Yep, definitely deserves a chance. Did well towards the end of last season. 

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Difficult to see any other formation tbh. Maybe Robbie has decided that our 'width' doesn't have any quality anyway, unless he's told Kingsley and Smith to get forward at every opportunity, individually hopefully.

He could play wighton wide as he has done before although I hope not.

Looks as if Halliday and Irving will be the central two maybe Lee and Walkerr wide with Naismith in the hole.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, wavydavy said:

Maybe if the scouting team did their research a bit better we would never sign these sort of players in the first place.

Whatever the reason for our failure to find a 'pacey winger' who can cross the ball it's probably better to forget about wingers and to try something different (can't be worse than what we've been watching) for now. I'm a bit fed up with this search/need for a pacey winger and would much prefer to look for a good one who can cross the ball, or do something else to create chances. I'd also prefer us to look for one player (winger or other position) of the Kingsley mold rather than two players of the level Roberts and Frear are at. Bit fed up with the 'least bad' option in our team selections.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Looks as if Halliday and Irving will be the central two maybe Lee and Walkerr wide with Naismith in the hole.

Maybe a diamond with Halliday sitting, Irving left and Lee right Walker in the middle with Naisy and Wighton up top?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

What was the quality like? Might try this

It was a stream of the Alloa stream so wasn't great. I got the feeling, though, that it was as good as the paid for Alloa stream.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Halliday and Walker lucky to be starting imo.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It was a stream of the Alloa stream so wasn't great. I got the feeling, though, that it was as good as the paid for Alloa stream.

I'm no techy, though, and I'm sure others will be along with as good, or better, options. Fingers crossed, though.

We should comfortably be able to win this game playing good football.

No need for a bore struggle we have had in previous away games.

I predict a 3+ goal victory based on nothing other than that should be whats happening in this league.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
11 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Not paying for it and not trying for a dodgy stream, I'm watching the rugby instead.

I'll be listening on Hearts tv so I'm hoping that Laurie gets better sound connection than at Alloa.

59 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Do you know a bookie that gives olds on - "slow, short on effort but probably win cos other team are not very good"?

That's a '2' in the box beside Hearts (on your coupon).

willie wallace
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He’s fit....he’s not fit....he’s fit.....he’s not fit.....he’s fit..........he needs an op! 😏

He is getting better with each game he misses.🙄

Will be interesting to see if Ginnely returns next week, it maybe they don’t want to risk him on the heavy pitch.  That’s probably the reason Haring is on the bench too.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I gave up trying to listen to the Alloa commentary on Hearts TV (wisely, as it turned out).  Poor Laurie was really fighting against the odds and it was unbearable.  So bad, I switched to "Open all bowels" on Radio Scotland.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Duplicate post

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

10 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

The official stream was good bar issues with the commentary feed disappearing (probably why Hearts TV had to broadcast via mobile).

*Before the Spanish Inquisition come around to start shouting at clouds, I topped up the £6 that Hearts got with another £10 to FOH. 

I got banned from the Alloa thread for posting a stream link last time so I'll not bother today. Needless to say, there are plenty out there for those wanting to watch this one.

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Always a chance at corners  whereas smith is the one who stays back in defence

Tbf though Smith has got a couple already .

Good luck !!

16 minutes ago, Tenor said:

I can think of at least one reason why not...

Me too, Naismith wont score, far too lacklustre lately.