Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Boyce and Wighton to start as a two up front might be the answer, with either Naismith or Walker behind them.

Hopefully Walker is nowhere near the starting line-up.

42 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Instead of using a system that is dependent on width and pace, we should play a system that is suited more to no pace and old players

Walking football?

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What team though?

Ahahahahahaha 

you reported me , cheers , that's actually made my night 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

2 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

It was good wasn't it.steak pie supper on the bus home.happy days

I was on the Danderhall supporters bus - happy days!

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Walker, Roberts and Frear can join Damour at training. 

Bit disappointed as I had high hopes for Walker this season. 

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Ahahahahahaha 

you reported me , cheers , that's actually made my night 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

I reported you? What on earth are you slavering about?

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ok, I see your second can of Top Deck has started to kick in 🤪

The Apprentice
13 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

From the BBC stats...

Possession: Alloa 38% - Hearts 62%

Shots: Alloa 6 - Hearts 16

Shots on Target: Alloa 5 - Hearts 4

Corners: Alloa 3 - Hearts 10

Fouls: Alloa 12 - Hearts 21

You could take from these that Hearts had a lot more pressure and possession than Alloa (and perhaps even that they were "trying harder", from the fouls count), but the Shots on Target figures are very telling and the final scoreline trumps any of that anyway.

Must do much better against Morton and in the weeks and months to come.   :ermm:

And at least half of those 21 fouls were conceded needlessly by Jamie Walker.

10 hours ago, Yoda said:

should be nowhere near the bench.  As much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

If there’s been as much rain in Greenock as there’s been in Edinburgh the game must be in serious doubt given the usual state of their pitch 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

If there’s been as much rain in Greenock as there’s been in Edinburgh the game must be in serious doubt given the usual state of their pitch 

Looking at the weather, if I was a player this would be a good time for a “tight hamstring” or “my groin is a bit dodgy today, boss, I should sit this one out” 😬

Forecast is fine.   It's more the location might be the issue, away out west, near water again.  

I am thinking if we hold the ball up well enough, play keep ball, the other team might get a few bookings, resulting in a red or 2.  On that basis we might win :robbo:

I despise Morton with a passion, last time i was there (80s) My appendix burst, was stretchered out past their scummy ******* fans who were spitting on me, spent 3 weeks in their grotty hospital (inverclyde maybe) then got home with the worst scar ever.

hope we batter them but any win will do.

Diadora Van Basten
4 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

And at least half of those 21 fouls were conceded needlessly by Jamie Walker.

I think the 21 fouls shows a lack of concentration. Walker especially relieves pressure with silly fouls.

Morton will at least come out and try to have a go. As far as they're concerned they've nothing to lose. They'll have seen our demise at Dunfermline and the Alloa embarrassment so nothing to stop them. Had we been firing on all cylinders their approach would've been different, more cautious but it might work in our favour. If they get forward it should leave some gaps to exploit. It all depends on who we have available. I'd probably go 4-4-2, stuff it. Get Boyce and Wighton upfront together. If Ginelly is fit there's no reason we can't go Gordon, back four of Smith, Halkett, Popescu, Kingsley. Ginelly, Haring, Halliday, White across midfield, with Boyce and Wighton up top. If change is needed then we use Naismith as a straight swap for one of the forwards and the choice of some young boys to add a bit of pace towards the latter stages. This is a must win as far as i'm concerned. With a bit of luck the Fife derby will end up as a draw meaning we go top. Maybe the players need to see that to get it into their head that that's where we need to be, and then kick on from there next week.

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

Tricky game and I'll take a point now to help steady the ship.

As a last resort!

Dunfermline win the Fife derby they go 4 points ahead assuming we lose, 3 points if we draw. Raith will overtake us in the table if they win and we lose. We'll drop to third. Best outcome is a draw for them and 3 points for us to put us back on top.

Edited by jambonian

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

As a last resort!

Dunfermline win the Fife derby they go 4 points ahead assuming we lose, 3 points if we draw. Raith will overtake us in the table if they win and we lose. Best outcome is a draw for them and 3 points for us to put us back on top.

No disrespect to you but I’m finding this all a bit strange. To be discussing the possibility of getting a draw with Morton is a sad indictment of where we are as a support. I feel that we are getting the energy sucked out of us. Thank feck no fans are allowed at games or it could be quite toxic.

If Neilson can't put out a team to beat Morton then he needs to have a serious look at himself. In normal circumstances I would have handed him his P45 after last week's debacle. He is running out of excuses and nothing less than 3 points is acceptable against yet another pub team. 

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Morton will at least come out and try to have a go. As far as they're concerned they've nothing to lose. They'll have seen our demise at Dunfermline and the Alloa embarrassment so nothing to stop them. Had we been firing on all cylinders their approach would've been different, more cautious but it might work in our favour. If they get forward it should leave some gaps to exploit. It all depends on who we have available. I'd probably go 4-4-2, stuff it. Get Boyce and Wighton upfront together. If Ginelly is fit there's no reason we can't go Gordon, back four of Smith, Halkett, Popescu, Kingsley. Ginelly, Haring, Halliday, White across midfield, with Boyce and Wighton up top. If change is needed then we use Naismith as a straight swap for one of the forwards and the choice of some young boys to add a bit of pace towards the latter stages. This is a must win as far as i'm concerned. With a bit of luck the Fife derby will end up as a draw meaning we go top. Maybe the players need to see that to get it into their head that that's where we need to be, and then kick on from there next week.

A win is the only thing that matters .

Hopefully we can string a few results together , good performance will (should) follow

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No disrespect to you but I’m finding this all a bit strange. To be discussing the possibility of getting a draw with Morton is a sad indictment of where we are as a support. I feel that we are getting the energy sucked out of us. Thank feck no fans are allowed at games or it could be quite toxic.

I also find it frustrating that Neilson is talking about buying more players in an effort to get out of this league. This is the Scottish Championship not the EPL. You only need a squad of at the most 16/17 players to get out of it not the bloated one he wants. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Totally agree. We are playing Morton not Real Madrid. 

20 minutes ago, Maple said:

Tricky game and I'll take a point now to help steady the ship.

Forgive me but this sort of attitude is the reason the clubs pure ****ed. "take a point" vs Morton, it's no 1975.

🤣

I'd send out nobody, because they're Shit, apart from Gordon of course but it would knock his confidence on his own.

Send out nobody, at least my eyes won't bleed, get beat, watch JKB swallow itself again and enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Make it happen Robbie.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Forgive me but this sort of attitude is the reason the clubs pure ****ed. "take a point" vs Morton, it's no 1975.

🤣

Totally agree. Shows how far this club has fallen. I'm sure you and I could get a game for Morton. 

53 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I despise Morton with a passion, last time i was there (80s) My appendix burst, was stretchered out past their scummy ******* fans who were spitting on me, spent 3 weeks in their grotty hospital (inverclyde maybe) then got home with the worst scar ever.

hope we batter them but any win will do.

Unusual football story.  

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unusual football story.  

Think of it as a tenuous link to football. A bit like talking of the Hearts forwards!

33 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Morton will sit in and pray for a breakaway like Alloa got. 

14 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Morton will sit in and pray for a breakaway like Alloa got. 

This. 

Defending against Hearts must be like directing traffic. 

57 minutes ago, jambonian said:

They'll do the same as Dunfermline and Alloa and look to catch us on the break.  They'll seek to stifle us in midfield (not a hugely difficult task) and get in behind our fullbacks.

Our hope is an early goal to settle us and then a second before half-time as one may well not be enough, plus a third after half-time, because if they get the third goal, incontinence underwear (note PC term) will prove insufficient.

The word "confidence" has been removed from the Heart of Midlothian phrasebook.

Shoot on sight policy today and follow in the shots for rebounds and goalie spilling it in the very wet conditions. Basic stuff that I was taught away back in 1971 when I started playing football competitively aged 8. The basics of football have not changed since the game was first played. Just roll up our sleeves and getintaethum.

Come on I understand all the negativity about the team but come on it’s what we have got just now let’s get behind hearts cos we are Gorgie. 

Seymour M Hersh
32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Shoot on sight policy today and follow in the shots for rebounds and goalie spilling it in the very wet conditions. Basic stuff that I was taught away back in 1971 when I started playing football competitively aged 8. The basics of football have not changed since the game was first played. Just roll up our sleeves and getintaethum.

That applies to some of our players. ::troll:: (just kidding).