intertattie hobos game ( merged threads )

maroonlegions

Of course it is.

But I wouldn't even begin to attempt at giving them stick given the mess we are in.

No but it can shut them up for a wee while at least. :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
john brownlee
I'm taking no comfort from it whatsoever.

Well there you go (says it all really)

One day you will have to come out of the closet

Drylaw Hearts
Well there you go (says it all really)

One day you will have to come out of the closet

Good one.

I'm wondering if there is a way you can somehow thank Romanov for Hibs getting beat today ?

Only a Game
Not everyone is sitting around with razor blades at the ready:cool: It's great news for me any time the Hobos are humiliated:) even in :lolpoint: 'European competition' as you put it:107years:

I suppose theres a possibility that Hibs will be just as sh|te as we will be this season but its hardly "great news" is it, unless you're really lacking in the great news department ? (which we no doubt are right now)

Drylaw Hearts
Hibs getting beat is always a good thing.

Always.

I agree.

But it sure doesn't make me feel any better about Hearts.

I agree.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that anyone else feels like that either?

Kickback's weird. The self appointed elite like to jump on you for behaving any characteristics typical of your average football fan, like not liking your rivals and stuff.

Dirk Diggler
I agree.

Hibs getting beat will never make me feel better about Hearts (Unless it's Hearts that have beaten them, if that makes sense.)

For me, the two things are seperate and always will be regardless of the state of either club.

:)

davemclaren
Hibs getting beat will never make me feel better about Hearts (Unless it's Hearts that have beaten them, if that makes sense.)

For me, the two things are seperate and always will be regardless of the state of either club.

Schadenfreude. :)

Drylaw Hearts

I find it difficult to find any joy under the current circumstances.

Dirk Diggler
Schadenfreude. :)

Yes, Dave.

Happiness at the misfortune of others. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

:P

I find it difficult to find any joy under the current circumstances.

Have you tried self flagellation yet? I think that it'd fit in well with your "I'm more concerned and depressed than you" persona.

Drylaw Hearts
You fibber!;)

I can understand why you might think that SMH but in all honesty it hasn't given me much pleasure.

Even though it probably should.

winston churchill
I'm taking no comfort from it whatsoever.

i am DH.

it's a pity that mad vlad and managerless gate ,is keeping the going on's down at the sangiro out of the spot light.

no new signings(st midden boy free transfer apart)

no wins after the split

the fat fins record as a manager

hoofball

done doggy in the inter tattie again

season ticket sales

Drylaw Hearts
Have you tried self flagellation yet? I think that it'd fit in well with your "I'm more concerned and depressed than you" persona.

No I haven't.

davemclaren
Yes, Dave.

Happiness at the misfortune of others. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

:P

On this occasion I'm with you. ;)

maroonlegions
I cant surely be the only one not taking any comfort from Hibs being beaten in European competition when Hearts are in the state they are in and we cant see where and when OUR next appearance in European competition is coming from.

kill joy, this should comfort you in the only way i can think of just now,(a part from getting a manager of course);).........

02-04-06:):107years:

Drylaw Hearts
i am DH.

it's a pity that mad vlad and managerless gate ,is keeping the going on's down at the sangiro out of the spot light.

no new signings(st midden boy free transfer apart)

no wins after the split

the fat fins record as a manager

hoofball

done doggy in the inter tattie again

season ticket sales

We've NO new signings.

At least they were Top 6.

They have a Manager. No one wants to touch us with a barge pole.

We have no idea what sort of football we will playing next season and neither do the players.

We've been 'done doggy' by VR.

Our ST sales.

I think we are in no position to laugh at anyone JS.

Except possibly Gretna.

frankblack
We've NO new signings.

We have no idea what sort of football we will playing next season and neither do the players.

Our ST sales.

Except possibly Gretna.

After they humiliated us with a couple of draws and an abysmal defeat in our last game, I think even Gretna fans can laugh at us.

The club is being run by a bunch of muppets.

maroonlegions

Hibernian 0-2 Elfsborg

By Colin Moffat

Dean Shiels battles for possession at Easter Road

A lack of match sharpness was painfully evident for Hibs

Hibernian's Intertoto Cup adventure looks to be short-lived:) after a dismal first leg defeat at home to Elfsborg.

The Swedes were much the sharper side throughout and Emir Bajrami prodded home an early opening goal.

Steven Fletcher came closest for Hibs when his smart shot from 18 yards was tipped away by goalkeeper Johan Wiland.

Andreas Augustsson's deflected shot on 64 minutes found the net and Elfsborg striker Daniel Mobaeck was guilty of wasting a number of good chances.

Having been comprehensively outplayed, Hibs must be questioning the wisdom of entering the tournament.:107years::rolleyes:

The Edinburgh side showed a few nice early touches in their first outing of the season but lacked potency up front and a creative spark in the middle of the park, while they faded dramatically after the interval.

Elfsborg were always in control and playmaker Anders Svensson was the game's dominant force, pulling the strings from central midfield.

The visitors were first to threaten when Denni Avdic threaded a neat pass in behind the Hibs defence and goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay had to dive bravely at the feet of Mobaeck to thwart the danger.

Hibs replied with Dean Shiels setting Steven Fletcher up for a header which flew over the crossbar:107years:. Elfsborg were zipping the ball around confidently on the wet surface and took a deserved lead on 16 minutes.

Experienced Swedish international Svensson opened up the home defence with a drilled pass and Bajrami slipped a neat angled finish beyond Ma-Kalambay.:)

Visiting goalkeeper Johan Wiland made a good save with his legs to keep out a fierce low strike from Filipe Morais and comfortably gathered a header from John Rankin as Hibs sought a quick response.

However, Mobaeck squandered a great chance to increase the Elfsborg advantage when he scuffed a volley wide from 10 yards.:rolleyes:

Emir Bajrami (left) celebrates scoring the opening goal at Easter Road

Bajrami (left) celebrates scoring the opening goal:)

Wiland held on to a tame Fletcher free-kick and was marginally more stretched to clutch a curling effort from the lively Shiels.

Elfsborg made an impressive start to the second half and it needed a fantastic challenge from Paul Hanlon to deny Avdic a close range shooting opportunity.

Bajrami raced past several challenges to storm into the penalty area but Ma-Kalambay was able to get down and make the vital block.

Augustsson then saw his powerful header knocked clear from the goal-line by Ian Murray as Hibs struggled to impose themselves on the game.

A loose ball broke to Fletcher on 63 minutes and the striker's shot from the edge of the penalty area was tipped away by the sprawling Wiland.

The Swedes extended their lead soon after when Hibs were caught napping at a corner:) as the ball was played straight to Augustsson and his deflected shot deceived Ma-Kalambay, although the keeper looked well placed to save.:107years:

The profligate Mobaeck should have punished a tiring Hibs further but he dragged a volley wide from the junction of the six yard box.

The same player was unlucky not to win a penalty when he was nicked by a mis-timed Martin Canning challenge :pas he shaped to shoot.

In the closing minutes, Avdic clipped the outside of the post with a angled drive.

Hibs travel to Sweden next Saturday, knowing a Scottish team has never come back from a home leg deficit in European competition.

THAT WAS BETTER THAN READING OOR WILLIE ON A SUNDAY

We've NO new signings.

Our ST sales.

Except possibly Gretna.

Flagellant.jpg

winston churchill
We've NO new signings.

Our ST sales.

Except possibly Gretna.

the point is.

we are getting it tight from all and sundry,and rightly so.

they are also gash, but are getting a free ride.

Of course it is.

But I wouldn't even begin to attempt at giving them stick given the mess we are in.

I totally get that DH but think of it this way - we are forever being told how the hobos are in a 'great position' and we are a 'shambles yet this is about as good as it gets for them. The bar for their 'best' is barely above our worst!

Even if I had just had my own leg chopped off or the missus had gone off with the postman the hobo's embarassing themselves, again, in the intertoto will always raise a smile or a smirk. :D

Ryan Gosling

"haha Hibs are pish"

"PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE KILLING THIS CLUB, WE ARE IN CRISIS."

Captain Canada

Just had a look at the report on the BBC site. I know it's pre-season for the Hobos, but their line up on paper looks the weakest it's been for some time. I predict dissent in the ranks after a few games of watching long ball p1sh from Mixu's average squad.

Great to see the knives out for the fat Finn so early in the season. :)

I suppose theres a possibility that Hibs will be just as sh|te as we will be this season but its hardly "great news" is it, unless you're really lacking in the great news department ? (which we no doubt are right now)

Damn right it is.

If they're just as sheeite as us next season at least we wont have to put up with the feckers lording it over us like they did last season.

That's one thing I find very difficult to deal with.

Just had a look at the report on the BBC site. I know it's pre-season for the Hobos, but their line up on paper looks the weakest it's been for some time. I predict dissent in the ranks after a few games of watching long ball p1sh from Mixu's average squad.

Might be the weakest for some time but I don't think they could have put out much stronger.

Dirk Diggler
Damn right it is.

If they're just as sheeite as us next season at least we wont have to put up with the feckers lording it over us like they did last season.

That's one thing I find very difficult to deal with.

Absolutely.

For the vast majority of my lifetime, the Vermin have been beneath us in every sense of the word, and the feckers have known about it.

Them giving it large doesn't sit right with me.

Miller Jambo 60
but you must remember its only for pure entertainment (IF) THEY ARE GETTING ROGERED.:dribble:

HEINZ BEENS ****ED Again ma ha

So who are the zoomers blaming for their annual abject failure in a diddy cup this time?

Physical opposition?

Referee?

Offside goals?

All of the above?

Is the 2nd leg on tv? I could do with a hearty chuckle.

It would be kinder to close the Leithers down. No individual or organisation should be allowed to lurch from one embarrassing incident to another in the way they do. :)

Hibs = Comedy FC

And the award for the most ironic statement of the year goes too.....

Hibs are fecking ****e, so for Hearts to be a whole lot worse with your budget is embarrassing.

Dirk Diggler

Hibs are fecking ****e, so for Hearts to be a whole lot worse with your budget is embarrassing.

'A whole lot'?

Define.

:hobofish::107years::hobofish::107years::hobofish:

Glad to see life's not all bad. They've got a manager, a sane owner, virtually no debt and players picked on merit. Given we have none of that, by my back of a cigarette packet calculations...mutliply by 107, add 22, minus 27, times 02-04-06, equals us still being better than them. Just! :dribble:

Just annoyed I didn't put some cash on the elves. :mad:

Nucky Thompson

Hibs are fecking ****e,

You got that spot on:107years:

Mister Dee

I'd forgotten how much pleasure Hubz getting humped gave me.

Made me forget our troubles for a few minutes.

Nucky Thompson
I'd forgotten how much pleasure Hubz getting humped gave me.

Made me forget our troubles for a few minutes.

You're not allowed to forget our troubles, they've to be rammed down our throats every 5 minutes:rolleyes: Oh and don't dare laugh at the Hobos, we're not allowed to because we haven't got a manager yet:confused:

Archived